Options

Good manners at eddie's gig

Comments

• Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,565
    Zod wrote:
    I'm guessing it's non 10c members for the most part be beligering drinks at the shows. It is a shame.

Well, you're guessing wrong. Just because someone's a member of the fan club doesn't mean, they're not gonna be an asshole :D
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,858
    Zod wrote:
    I think you're preaching to the choir by posting on this board. I'm guessing it's non 10c members for the most part be beligering drinks at the shows. It is a shame. :(

actually...

the 10club members are too busy trying to sneak their friends into the front rows with them.......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,565

actually...

the 10club members are too busy trying to sneak their friends into the front rows with them.......

Shit! Where can I find a friend like that? How come I never get...what's the past tense of sneak?---into the front row?
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    LiteTheMatchLiteTheMatch Posts: 1,179
    i think the point of this post was to remind less intelligent people to show some respect for other people and for Eddie Vedder.

If you are a person who needs to scream while the entertainment is speaking or performing, you should probably see a psychologist to discuss your deep insecurities and childhood wounds.

"Daddy didn't give attention,
    and the boy
    was something that mother couldn't raise"
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • Options
    hell this is probably why the 10club started the new ticket policy.....

after reading the reviews of the last Vedder solo shows....the 10club couldnt wait for the opportunity to let a different group of fans go to these shows....

some of my favorite comments from the last solo show

"i called security and tried to get some guy thrown out because he was singing too loud"

"i waited for an hour AFTER the show so i could ask security why they didnt do their job"

give me a fucking break.............
  • Options
    J_LAWNJ_LAWN Posts: 163
    eddie gets drunk at his own gigs why can't his fans?

also, i dont get if i'm paying that much for a ticket i can't enjoy myself and sing along, have a beer, request a song, stuff like that...
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Zod wrote:
    I think you're preaching to the choir by posting on this board. I'm guessing it's non 10c members for the most part be beligering drinks at the shows. It is a shame. :(

actually...

That's some true words you are speaking. hehe

I hope everyone has a great time at the Ed shows. I do hope one of these upcoming shows will take Milwaukee off the hook as one of the worst crowds. :D LOL

I think one of the problems is the non 1oc members that go to these shows think they are going to a PJ concert. Some have a few drinks b4 hand then they get to the venue and see what the deal is and yell shit out. Just IMO anyway.
  • Options
    actually since you people can call security and try to have someone removed for singing too loud....

at the next pearl jam show im gonna call security, and have you fuckers who sneak their friends in to the front rows thrown out.....

cant wait to see how that works out....

hehehehehehehehehe
  • Options
    mikepmikep Posts: 290
    oh i so hope it's a bit better this year.
    maybe last year there were a lot of random fans coming to the shows. Maybe this year they will know it's a slowish vibe show and stay home. Assuming they were the ones doing the screaming.

or, they could ban the booze and give everyone something to smoke and i bet everyone would mellow out real quick, lol.
    96-11-Tor; 03-Mont; 05,13-London;05-Kitchnr, Hamltn; 06-Deroit;08-Mont(EV); 09-Albany(EV), Philly3&4; 10,13-Buff;10-NYC, Mt View; 11-(EV) Boston,Hart,Det,PJ20,Ott,Hamltn,Winnpg,Sask,Cal,Edmntn,Van; 12-Missoula; 13-Wrigley,Pitts,Port,Spok,Cal,Van,Sea.
  • Options
    PJam82PJam82 Posts: 107
    As someone who was at the Wiltern Shows. To the OP,

Good f'n luck. You'll be needing it.
  • Options
    scw156scw156 Posts: 442
    hell this is probably why the 10club started the new ticket policy.....

after reading the reviews of the last Vedder solo shows....the 10club couldnt wait for the opportunity to let a different group of fans go to these shows....

some of my favorite comments from the last solo show

"i called security and tried to get some guy thrown out because he was singing too loud"

"i waited for an hour AFTER the show so i could ask security why they didnt do their job"

give me a fucking break.............

I usually am one of those who doesn't give a fuck what you do at concerts short of pissing/puking all over your seat.

I believe the solo shows are different. They are at small venues where it is supposed to be a more intimate atmosphere. It's one thing yelling a song request or that you love Ed, its another thing when the same person screams for over an hour every 3 minutes. Its especially bad when the artist (Ed) halts his show to tell people to shut up and listen.

Just because some asshole paid for his ticket and his beer doesn't entitle him to go above and beyond to start ruining the show for the other 1,000+ people in attendance. Remember, they paid for their tickets too.
    The Sentence Below Is True
    The Sentence Above Is False
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Snuck.

And I vote for Maui being the relaxed friendliest show of them all :P That's where I'm heading!
  • Options
    i went to both Boston shows last year and let me tell you...the "shooshers" were just as annoying as the fucking drunks!!..if not even more so!!

I'm with D...if someone yells..everyone in the immediate area just whales the shit out of their ass! i bet that would work! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: NO BOOZE???!!! DON'T EVEN JOKE LIKE THAT!!!
    But why? Seriously? I'm well aware of the feeling a few drinks provide to an individual. I enjoy drinking at social occasions, and occasionally even at dinner. But why do people need to get sloshed at a concert?
    And you, specifically? I see your avatar. You're a fan of inebriation in general, I take it. Why not just chill with a fatty? Why the need for Natty too?

No offense, but I don't see how sloppy drunk is any more offensive to your seat neighbors than a fog of unwanted smoke.
    Agreed... I'm a smoker... but I'd be more annoyed by people smoking beside me than people drinking beside me.

Some people like to stay sober for the gigs (I'm one of them) and others don't... we're all different. Is somebody shouting a few words REALLY going to ruin your experience?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    well when i'm at a show i drink & smoke...but i guess i'm that rare exception that can smoke & drink and not turn into a loud mouth asshole! and the shit i smoke when it's a PJ concert smells wayyyyyyyyyyyy to good to be a nuisance!

and chances are the front man you all adore has done a little drinking and smoking himself before/during the show :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    have sex with animals....................it is not hurting anyone.
    abortion should be legal under all circumstances.................it is their choice.
    do not sell pearl jam merchandise for more than face value..........it is a rule.

do not yell during a rock and roll show.................what the hell?

the standards people come up with are simply amazing.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    Vedderman23Vedderman23 Posts: 856
    scw156 wrote:
    I usually am one of those who doesn't give a fuck what you do at concerts short of pissing/puking all over your seat.

I believe the solo shows are different. They are at small venues where it is supposed to be a more intimate atmosphere. It's one thing yelling a song request or that you love Ed, its another thing when the same person screams for over an hour every 3 minutes. Its especially bad when the artist (Ed) halts his show to tell people to shut up and listen.
    Just because some asshole paid for his ticket and his beer doesn't entitle him to go above and beyond to start ruining the show for the other 1,000+ people in attendance. Remember, they paid for their tickets too.

This guy gets it, everyone else please try to keep up. ;)
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 9/10/23 coming soon
  • Options
    well when i'm at a show i drink & smoke...but i guess i'm that rare exception that can smoke & drink and not turn into a loud mouth asshole! and the shit i smoke when it's a PJ concert smells wayyyyyyyyyyyy to good to be a nuisance!

and chances are the front man you all adore has done a little drinking and smoking himself before/during the show :mrgreen:

hope i get seats behind you :mrgreen: ... oh wait ... we both lost the lotto didn't we? ... damn :?

i totally get it, and those yellers annoy me too but ..... plenty of people can drink/smoke without being a bother. it's being an asshole (sober or not) that can't be helped by some ... unfortunately, those folks won't be going away any time soon i fear. so i think we all just have to get used to it. everybody really believes that these culprits are all non-10-club-members?! that i find hard to believe.

(ps. some of the straight-edge folks I've been friends with - and I admit, there aren't that many, because they would rarely "tolerate" my drinking and smoking (only) - have been some of the most attentionneedy/obnoxious folks i've hung out with.)
  • Options
    i have seen how most of you behave at a pearl jam concert.....and how you behave when it comes to getting your precious 10club tickets....

trust me....

you have no fucking right telling others how to behave at a concert....

or anywhere else for that matter.....
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    ajedigecko wrote:
    have sex with animals....................it is not hurting anyone.

What the hell?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    Vedderman23Vedderman23 Posts: 856
    i have seen how most of you behave at a pearl jam concert.....and how you behave when it comes to getting your precious 10club tickets....

trust me....

you have no fucking right telling others how to behave at a concert....

or anywhere else for that matter.....

Please step down. Thanks. :roll:

baluster-pedestal-00.jpg
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 9/10/23 coming soon
  • Options
    CalumCalum Posts: 635
    I agree, I only have 1 drink before the show.. 2 reason. 1 I remember it :-D and secondly I am more reserved. I do not speak or yell during songs.. drives me mad when people do it. I paid to hear PJ/Ed no some retard going WHOOOOOOOOOOO EDDDDDDIEEEE
    London Astoria - Dublin - Wembley - Shepherds Bush - London 02
  • Options
    Cosmic SlopCosmic Slop Posts: 107
    I've seen other shows at the same venues I saw Ed last year as well as other similar type venues, and I have never seen crowds treat the other artists the way that they did with Ed. Yelling out every time he spoke, screaming, coughing loudly, whistling, etc. Singing along, getting into the show is great, but all the other stuff is completely disrespectful and totally not what I expected of PJ fans at all. We finally get an opportunity to really HEAR ED and have him speak to us and share stories and people just shit on it.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    I am sure 10c members know the deal.
    You'd hope as much, but at the PJ shows, there's always plenty of it going on within the fan club seating areas.
    Stupid drunks will be stupid drunks. I wish venues wouldn't sell alcohol. I don't give a shit how much profit it is for them. I'd rather pay $5 for a water or soda and enjoy my concert without the mayhem, than have the shitheads on either side of me make 10 trips back and forth to the concession stands.
    Smoke a J, relax, enjoy the music, and shut the fuck up. But keep testosterone and alocohol out of my face. Thanks.

You might want to check out this guy, it seems like his shows would be your kind of crowd. The crowds are always very subdued and respectful, it's like being in church. I love it. I hate it when people get all rambunctious at a show, don't they know I'm having a spiritual experience?

http://www.chris-hartzog.com/live/nursing-home-music/
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    I've seen other shows at the same venues I saw Ed last year as well as other similar type venues, and I have never seen crowds treat the other artists the way that they did with Ed. Yelling out every time he spoke, screaming, coughing loudly, whistling, etc. Singing along, getting into the show is great, but all the other stuff is completely disrespectful and totally not what I expected of PJ fans at all. We finally get an opportunity to really HEAR ED and have him speak to us and share stories and people just shit on it.

totally
    but im gonna have some drinks..
    i go to a lot of solo shows and i get the intimate setting
    actually got tossed for telling some idiots to shut up at a show..even when the artist said thanks
    (i hate security guards..these ones had gloves with the fingers cut off... :roll: )

ive said in other threads that the ed crowd i saw wasnt that bad..they yelled in between songs when he wasnt talking...ed actually agreed it was time for i believe masters of war..
    think he said someone just yelled this and id like to play it..not to encourage anyone..
    anyways

if you're rude sober..most likely you're worse drunk
    if you're a bad drunk you suck..stop drinking
    i pride myself on not being an ass while drinking in chill environments
    and i didnt interrupt once during ed in nyc last year to go to the bathroom
    although i did miss part of wishlist after the encore when i did have to finally go :cry:
    but its my choice...
    i didnt notice anyone smoking at that show...but u r welcome to pass this way :D
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    I am sure 10c members know the deal.
    You'd hope as much, but at the PJ shows, there's always plenty of it going on within the fan club seating areas.
    Stupid drunks will be stupid drunks. I wish venues wouldn't sell alcohol. I don't give a shit how much profit it is for them. I'd rather pay $5 for a water or soda and enjoy my concert without the mayhem, than have the shitheads on either side of me make 10 trips back and forth to the concession stands.
    Smoke a J, relax, enjoy the music, and shut the fuck up. But keep testosterone and alocohol out of my face. Thanks.

People smoking a J can be just as much if not more of an asshole than the drinkers so if you wanna ban one you might as well ban it all.... ohh wait smoking ANYTHING inside ANY venue is already illegal.....
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    People smoking a J can be just as much if not more of an asshole than the drinkers so if you wanna ban one you might as well ban it all.... ohh wait smoking ANYTHING inside ANY venue is already illegal.....

ok NARC!!!

rock and roll + (drugs & booze) go hand and hand..like fucking peanutbutter and jelly!so if you don't like being around them take your ass to see disney on ice or some shit!and as long as there are mass gatherings of people there's bound to be some assholes..that's just the law of averages..the best thing you can do is concentrate on enjoying yourself and don't focus on the assholes..giving them your energies just eggs them on more IMO! untill it's legal to stomp their ass and throw them out you're just going to have to deal with it...such is this thing we call life.
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    chromiam wrote:

ok NARC!!!

rock and roll + (drugs & booze) go hand and hand..like fucking peanutbutter and jelly!so if you don't like being around them take your ass to see disney on ice or some shit!and as long as there are mass gatherings of people there's bound to be some assholes..that's just the law of averages..the best thing you can do is concentrate on enjoying yourself and don't focus on the assholes..giving them your energies just eggs them on more IMO! untill it's legal to stomp their ass and throw them out you're just going to have to deal with it...such is this thing we call life.

lol.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,258
    :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: NO BOOZE???!!! DON'T EVEN JOKE LIKE THAT!!!
    But why? Seriously? I'm well aware of the feeling a few drinks provide to an individual. I enjoy drinking at social occasions, and occasionally even at dinner. But why do people need to get sloshed at a concert?
    And you, specifically? I see your avatar. You're a fan of inebriation in general, I take it. Why not just chill with a fatty? Why the need for Natty too?

I've never been drunk at a concert, but I like to have a few beers while I'm there.
    Just like I've never been drunk at a baseball game, but I also like to have a few beers while there.

Those things are like little vacations to me, and I like beer. Banning beer at a concert is dumb.
    Even if they did, you know people would be tailgating and drinking beforehand.
  • Options
    ok so let me make sure i got this all straight....

if you sing too loud and dance at an Ed solo show.....

there is a chance that the 10club members police force will contact security and have you thrown out of the show......

BUT...

If you bring illegal drugs to the show and light up.....

THATS OK.......... and you are allowed to share with anyone and everyone......

you fucking people crack me the fuck up...........