Options

Good manners at eddie's gig

Comments

• Options
    ok so let me make sure i got this all straight....

if you sing too loud and dance at an Ed solo show.....

there is a chance that the 10club members police force will contact security and have you thrown out of the show......

BUT...

If you bring illegal drugs to the show and light up.....

THATS OK.......... and you are allowed to share with anyone and everyone......

you fucking people crack me the fuck up...........

well i'm glad you finally have that shit straight..now we can move forward! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    ok so let me make sure i got this all straight....

if you sing too loud and dance at an Ed solo show.....

there is a chance that the 10club members police force will contact security and have you thrown out of the show......

BUT...

If you bring illegal drugs to the show and light up.....

THATS OK.......... and you are allowed to share with anyone and everyone......

you fucking people crack me the fuck up...........

Yep that's about right.... although I did miss the part anywhere in my post where I was a Narc but guess I just didn't read it.

BTW Breed- I enjoy myself at every show no matter what's going on around me because some asshole isn't going to ruin the show I came to see. But yeah, some assholes bother me with their smoke and others bother me with their drunkiness but thus is life.

I do rather enjoy how its A OK to bitch and complain about people getting drunk or yelling at shows but mention something about someone smoking anything (weed, cigarettes) and its totally out of line.....
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    edited April 2009
    mca47 wrote:
    :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: NO BOOZE???!!! DON'T EVEN JOKE LIKE THAT!!!
    But why? Seriously? I'm well aware of the feeling a few drinks provide to an individual. I enjoy drinking at social occasions, and occasionally even at dinner. But why do people need to get sloshed at a concert?
    And you, specifically? I see your avatar. You're a fan of inebriation in general, I take it. Why not just chill with a fatty? Why the need for Natty too?

I've never been drunk at a concert, but I like to have a few beers while I'm there.
    Just like I've never been drunk at a baseball game, but I also like to have a few beers while there.

Those things are like little vacations to me, and I like beer. Banning beer at a concert is dumb.
    Even if they did, you know people would be tailgating and drinking beforehand.

No need to ban Beer anywhere.
    I had no problem with some of the yelling, it was funny sometimes. Ed even enjoyed it sometimes as well.
    The only thing I had a problem with was if Ed asked you to calm down or shut up when it started to get out of control, then do it. His whole "Theives of Silence" idea in DC last year was priceless. People are going to sing and smoke and drink, no problem. I have been drinking at many concerts and games, and will do so in the future.
    Post edited by pjsteelerfan on
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    I do rather enjoy how its A OK to bitch and complain about people getting drunk or yelling at shows but mention something about someone smoking anything (weed, cigarettes) and its totally out of line.....

man..it's a day of enlightenment..between you and speedy we have made good progress today! :lol::lol:
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,872
    THANK FUCKING GOD for the festival shows...............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202

No shit. There's a reason Lollapalooza was one of the best shows I've ever seen by this band. People were having fun... I'd forgotten what that was like at a PJ show. I'm used to everyone acting like it's church.
  • Options
    arq wrote:
    Please this is for those who make Eddie's gigs an unpleasant experience:

If you're going to drink don't get drunk at the venue you have 364 days of the year to do that, believe me you'll keep better memories of the gig if you drink after.

Please don't talk in the middle of the songs or when Eddie is talking, the people around want to enjoy the gig and don't want to hear your opinion or your unimportant life, you can share the story of your whole life after the gig with a few beers.

Don't yell "i love you Eddie" Eddie knows that already because you're there.

There'll be plenty of merchandise, no need to kick push or being rude to your fellow jammers.

Don't scream requesting PJ songs, you know Eddie will play a few, If you're lucky enough he'll play some of this songs, Betterman, Soon Forget, Small Town, Porch, Sometimes, Parting ways, Indifference (only if Ben Harper is around), Lukin, I'm Open, Can't keep, Thumbing my way, Arc, Gone, Last Kiss and maybe a few more.

And please don't respond to this thread saying that you're going to do whatever the hell you want at the gig because is a free country, i know that already :mrgreen:

As far as the MERCH goes, it'll all end up on 10C eventually anyways, so save everyone the headache and let's try to avoid the $100 Ebay zippos this time.....

And remember, Ed likes to talk, he doesn't like it when you talk....
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114

The only reason you like festival shows is two words......

LUPE FIASCO..
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    NO FARTING AT ED'S GIG, OK?
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    NO FARTING AT ED'S GIG, OK?

Looks like Ed's ripping one out in your avatar...... :shock:
  • Options
    Good Manners: Sing it if ya' know it!, Dance if it moves you!, Worry about Yourself (you control noone else), Find the Humor in a 'bad' situation :lol:, Talk to the loud drunk- they're easily distracted :idea: . I've been to Many shows and Never let someone else impact my Great time!!! :mrgreen:ROCK ON, see ya' at Philly 2!
    "Don't turn away from possible futures unless you're certain you have nothing to learn from them."
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    chromiam wrote:

The only reason you like festival shows is two words......

LUPE FIASCO..

low blow :o
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    The amount of pretentiousness in this thread is unparalled. At what point did members of the 10 Club decide they were more important than non-10 Club members? When did they decide to make up assanine rules about what people can and can't do for their $80 ticket? Someone posted a picture aims at Speedy that indicated he was acting all high and mighty when it reality it is those of you telling people how to act at a CONCERT.

And for what it's worth, Ed never would have told the story of Yellow Ledbetter in Newark had someone not yelled out and asked for it. That story made the show for me and it never would have happened if the guy was following your strict etiquette rules.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,756
    arq wrote:

If you're going to drink don't get drunk at the venue you have 364 days of the year to do that, believe me you'll keep better memories of the gig if you drink after.

Please don't talk in the middle of the songs or when Eddie is talking, the people around want to enjoy the gig and don't want to hear your opinion or your unimportant life, you can share the story of your whole life after the gig with a few beers.

There'll be plenty of merchandise, no need to kick push or being rude to your fellow jammers.

Don't scream requesting PJ songs, you know Eddie will play a few, If you're lucky enough he'll play some of this songs, Betterman, Soon Forget, Small Town, Porch, Sometimes, Parting ways, Indifference (only if Ben Harper is around), Lukin, I'm Open, Can't keep, Thumbing my way, Arc, Gone, Last Kiss and maybe a few more.

And please don't respond to this thread saying that you're going to do whatever the hell you want at the gig because is a free country, i know that already :mrgreen:

Really dude, get a life.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    :lol:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    arq wrote:

Really dude, get a life.

+1

His post makes me want to get a ticket next to him and be as annoying as humanly possible :D
  • Options
    where does anyone get off thinking they can tell anyone how they should behave? you people are worse than the drunks...give me a happy drunk over a straight douche anyday!

and i tell you right now..not one of you would have the balls to tell me to shut up..that would make me angry..you wouldn't like me when i'm angry(yeah..like the hulk :mrgreen: )

but seriously..i yelled once when i went to the Ed shows in Boston..that's when they came out with that Obama banner and i yelled "he's a puppet too!!"..I got some looks but no one said a fucking word..it pays to be a big guy ;)

i'm sure Ed is taking note of Obama's lies and backpedaling bullshit..not to long before we get a song about his fraudulent ass!! as long as Ed takes off his rose colored Obama glasses that is.
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    arq wrote:

Really dude, get a life.

+1

His post makes me want to get a ticket next to him and be as annoying as humanly possible :D

+1 :lol:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    arq wrote:

Really dude, get a life.

+1

Seems to me you wouldn't need the encouragement of this post to accomplish your goal...
    :roll:
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Good Manners: Sing it if ya' know it!, Dance if it moves you!, Worry about Yourself (you control noone else), Find the Humor in a 'bad' situation :lol:, Talk to the loud drunk- they're easily distracted :idea: . I've been to Many shows and Never let someone else impact my Great time!!! :mrgreen:ROCK ON, see ya' at Philly 2!

literally and figuratively......beautiful post! :mrgreen:
    won't seeya at philly 2, but enjoy......and i'll follow your advice at baltimore 2! 8-)

for the record, i don't give a shit what anyone does....it doesn't impact me. the only time i find anyhting 'annoying' is if it does actually impact me, or worse...it impacts the artist - such as ed - in a negative way and then we thus do not get the perfromance we might have b/c he gets pissy. overall tho, i think we're fine. ed's been at this game long enough to know how people are. yea, yea...the world would be nicer without ignoramus assholes, but it ain't never gonna happen so just chill and enjoy! :mrgreen:8-):mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    Here are a few questions that I have...

Why do people scream innapropriate (and sometimes obscene) comments during these shows?

Why do people feel the need to scream anything repeatedly during these shows?

Why do people think that just because they bought a concert ticket, they have the right to infringe on everyone else's enjoyment of the show?

Why do people think that specific venue policies on performance interruption, and untoward behavior shouldn't apply to them.

I don't think I'm outta line here. Venues generally have rules that say performance interruption will not be tolerated. Venues generally have rules saying that disrespetful behavior towards the performer and/or the audience will not be tolerated. One last question...

Why is it so hard to enjoy the show in a respectful kinda way?
  • Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    good try with this thread but dont count on it. i'm actually very surprised ed is doing this again considering all the yelling that went on during the first tour.

well, I hope this thread at least stops one person from yelling out. every bit helps
  • Options
    3days wrote:

Why do people scream innapropriate (and sometimes obscene) comments during these shows?

Why do people think that just because they bought a concert ticket, they have the right to infringe on everyone else's enjoyment of the show?

Why do people think that specific venue policies on performance interruption, and untoward behavior shouldn't apply to them.

I don't think I'm outta line here. Venues generally have rules that say performance interruption will not be tolerated. Venues generally have rules saying that disrespetful behavior towards the performer and/or the audience will not be tolerated. One last question...

you see...an asshole doesn't realize he is being an asshole..that's what makes him an asshole.
  • Options
    scw156scw156 Posts: 442
    3days wrote:

you see...an asshole doesn't realize he is being an asshole..that's what makes him an asshole.

lol
    The Sentence Below Is True
    The Sentence Above Is False
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,819
    Look, just don't be that guy. But also don't be that other guy...you know, that guy. The guy who's trigger finger happy on pulling the "shut up" card or the "sshhhhhh" card. Can't stand that guy just as much. I for one am drinking a good amount and smoking a fat one before Liam's set. Not everyone who drinks a lot is an ass. Don't be either of those guys.
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    All of your lives must be pretty depressing if you need to get inebriated during an Eddie Vedder solo show...

I mean, are you serious? You gonna get smashed and scream the lyrics to an acoustic song? And then complain that Eddie didn't "rock your brains out"?

EV may be a part of PJ, but EV shows DO NOT EQUAL PJ shows.

And yes, I want you to shut the hell up. I don't want to hear your idiot comments while Eddie is trying to talk. And yes, I have the right to tell you to shut the hell up. I wish Eddie would come to your work, and while you're trying to think or do something, yell "COPY THOSE PAPERS!", "LUNCH BREAK IS OVER, BACK TO WORK", and, most importantly, "PLAY BLACCKKKKKK! BLACCKKKK!"
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options

Seems to me you wouldn't need the encouragement of this post to accomplish your goal...

You have never met me or seen me or my behavior at a concert. What is your basis for this ignorant comment? Drop me a line and let me know what shows you are going to. I will do my best to annoy you as well :)

For the record I don't yell, I don't smoke and I rarely drink during but i'm not about to tell people who do those things to shut up. They paid just as much as I do.
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420

You have never met me or seen me or my behavior at a concert. What is your basis for this ignorant comment? Drop me a line and let me know what shows you are going to. I will do my best to annoy you as well :)

For the record I don't yell, I don't smoke and I rarely drink during but i'm not about to tell people who do those things to shut up. They paid just as much as I do.
    \
    cosby loves stirrin it up..seems in every thread
  • Options
    LiteTheMatchLiteTheMatch Posts: 1,179
    Sometimes screaming ruins the songs.

Like when Eddie was doing Brain Damage by Pink Floyd during Chicago Night 2.... Some losers were screaming during it. And that's such a mellow and quiet song. It pissed Eddie off too because he threw his lyric sheet to the side and then went into Masters of War.
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • Options
    LiteTheMatchLiteTheMatch Posts: 1,179
    Get drunk all you want, but before you do, come to terms with the lack of attention you received as a child.

That's my ticket policy.

Bunch of fish sticks!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.