Options

Good manners at eddie's gig

arqarq Posts: 7,940
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Please this is for those who make Eddie's gigs an unpleasant experience:

If you're going to drink don't get drunk at the venue you have 364 days of the year to do that, believe me you'll keep better memories of the gig if you drink after.

Please don't talk in the middle of the songs or when Eddie is talking, the people around want to enjoy the gig and don't want to hear your opinion or your unimportant life, you can share the story of your whole life after the gig with a few beers.

Don't yell "i love you Eddie" Eddie knows that already because you're there.

There'll be plenty of merchandise, no need to kick push or being rude to your fellow jammers.

Don't scream requesting PJ songs, you know Eddie will play a few, If you're lucky enough he'll play some of this songs, Betterman, Soon Forget, Small Town, Porch, Sometimes, Parting ways, Indifference (only if Ben Harper is around), Lukin, I'm Open, Can't keep, Thumbing my way, Arc, Gone, Last Kiss and maybe a few more.

And please don't respond to this thread saying that you're going to do whatever the hell you want at the gig because is a free country, i know that already :mrgreen:
"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JonhenryJonhenry Posts: 228
    I agree!! This is a Eddie Vedder show not a PJ show. If were lucky he will play a couple of PJ songs. Trust me, this will be a show to remember. I seen him in NYC last year on his solo tour 2nd row dead center. THANKS 10C.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,258
    Fact:
    Assholes will yell out no matter what.
    People will get drunk.

I hate it too but what can you do? At some point you'd figure PJ fans would grow up and I think for the most part we have. But there are those that ruin a great thing for others.
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    arq wrote:
    Please this is for those who make Eddie's gigs an unpleasant experience:

If you're going to drink don't get drunk at the venue you have 364 days of the year to do that, believe me you'll keep better memories of the gig if you drink after.

Please don't talk in the middle of the songs or when Eddie is talking, the people around want to enjoy the gig and don't want to hear your opinion or your unimportant life, you can share the story of your whole life after the gig with a few beers.

Don't yell "i love you Eddie" Eddie knows that already because you're there.

There'll be plenty of merchandise, no need to kick push or being rude to your fellow jammers.

Don't scream requesting PJ songs, you know Eddie will play a few, If you're lucky enough he'll play some of this songs, Betterman, Soon Forget, Small Town, Porch, Sometimes, Parting ways, Indifference (only if Ben Harper is around), Lukin, I'm Open, Can't keep, Thumbing my way, Arc, Gone, Last Kiss and maybe a few more.

And please don't respond to this thread saying that you're going to do whatever the hell you want at the gig because is a free country, i know that already :mrgreen:

Nice!
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    Jonhenry wrote:
    I agree!! This is a Eddie Vedder show not a PJ show. If were lucky he will play a couple of PJ songs. Trust me, this will be a show to remember. I seen him in NYC last year on his solo tour 2nd row dead center. THANKS 10C.

You lucky B... :lol:

For both of the gigs i went i bought tickets though scalper BASTARDS! this time i'm going thanks to the TENC i'm hoping for better seats this time!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: talk about wasted words or "thread in vain"!!!

the asshole that WILL be yelling at the show you go to won't be reading this...or giving a fuck if they do!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    :lol:
    :lol::lol:

you should know better! nice try though! :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    3legged dog3legged dog Posts: 896
    maybe you can send a thread to the public forum, they are the ones to preach to. I am sure 10c members know the deal.
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • Options
    I know it is a waste of time but maybe just maybe if i help to create a little of civil conscience even if it's only a .099% is worth the shot :oops:
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    I am sure 10c members know the deal.
    You'd hope as much, but at the PJ shows, there's always plenty of it going on within the fan club seating areas.
    Stupid drunks will be stupid drunks. I wish venues wouldn't sell alcohol. I don't give a shit how much profit it is for them. I'd rather pay $5 for a water or soda and enjoy my concert without the mayhem, than have the shitheads on either side of me make 10 trips back and forth to the concession stands.
    Smoke a J, relax, enjoy the music, and shut the fuck up. But keep testosterone and alocohol out of my face. Thanks.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,055
    ** Ban Booze & Drunks! ***

*hide3.gif
  • Options
    :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: NO BOOZE???!!! DON'T EVEN JOKE LIKE THAT!!!
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: NO BOOZE???!!! DON'T EVEN JOKE LIKE THAT!!!
    But why? Seriously? I'm well aware of the feeling a few drinks provide to an individual. I enjoy drinking at social occasions, and occasionally even at dinner. But why do people need to get sloshed at a concert?
    And you, specifically? I see your avatar. You're a fan of inebriation in general, I take it. Why not just chill with a fatty? Why the need for Natty too?
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    But why? Seriously? I'm well aware of the feeling a few drinks provide to an individual. I enjoy drinking at social occasions, and occasionally even at dinner. But why do people need to get sloshed at a concert?
    And you, specifically? I see your avatar. You're a fan of inebriation in general, I take it. Why not just chill with a fatty? Why the need for Natty too?

No offense, but I don't see how sloppy drunk is any more offensive to your seat neighbors than a fog of unwanted smoke.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    OffMeGoesOffMeGoes Posts: 483
    I wonder how many people are yelling idiotic things at a regular PJ show...I kinda expected that everyone was on the same wavelength, so to speak, but I couldnt believe how much I cringed at each EV solo show......people are retarded.

ALTHOUGH....I will say that Eddie shined through it all when he was in a good mood and the interactions made me realize just how clever, quick and humorous the man is. I forget the sequence, but in Santa Barbara, someone yelled out an answer in spanish and he totally incorporated it into the next song....sorry, that isnt the most amazing story with all that amazing detail I was able to capture, but my brain is not fully functioning - I just wrote a to the IRS big enough to treat everyone here to the entire EV tour. Hawaii and all; airfare and beach view bungalows......
    Formally known as Tackalac before being formally known as Vedderwt,,,,....release my old name and posts....

I saw a wino eating grapes, I said, "Dude, you have to wait"
  • Options
    scw156scw156 Posts: 442
    I really hope the Baltimore show is not like the DC show... god those people wouldn't shut the fuck up
    The Sentence Below Is True
    The Sentence Above Is False
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,325
    I think you're preaching to the choir by posting on this board. I'm guessing it's non 10c members for the most part be beligering drinks at the shows. It is a shame.

I guess Pearl Jam shows are so loud and big those people get drowned out from the all the fan noise and the band. But these shows are in intimate small theatre venues where they can be heard :(
  • Options
    i got idi got id Posts: 862
    scw156 wrote:
    I really hope the Baltimore show is not like the DC show... god those people wouldn't shut the fuck up

Agreed....those assholes may have cost us all the release of a DVD of the shows
  • Options
    i got id wrote:
    scw156 wrote:

Agreed....those assholes may have cost us all the release of a DVD of the shows

:o :evil:
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Last October, I was at a Feist concert, at a venue similar to where I saw Vedder. What amazed me the most was the silence of the audience. It was absolutley amazing, the respect they were giving her. You could hear a picture being taken from the balcony (and I was 6 rows from the stage).
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    jecicajecica Posts: 954
    You know there is always some idiot who looks for attention and if you want Ed's attention, even for something negative, this is the place to get it by being obnoxious. They are looking for that one moment of Ed's time . Then he/she can go home and tell all their friends how cool they are that Ed spoke/cursed/insulted them.

I have a very loud screaming voice. I wonder if I turned around to told someone to shut the f@#! up in that voice if Ed would pay attention to me. :lol:
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    It's a concert, not a dance recital or a night at the opera. It is a ROCK CONCERT with some acoustic numbers. There are no rules. Listen to a Feist CD and you will realize why there is silence. I saw her in 2007 and there were still occasional outbursts of noise/emotion because it was a CONCERT.

We know he doesn't care for the camera flashes, hence the banning of cameras. If Eddie had issues with the drunks, he would insist the venues not serve beer. If he wanted total silence during the show, he would specify that in some way. I hate assholes at concerts as much as the next person but you are complaining about the small gaps of time in-between songs.
  • Options
    jecica wrote:
    You know there is always some idiot who looks for attention and if you want Ed's attention, even for something negative, this is the place to get it by being obnoxious. They are looking for that one moment of Ed's time . Then he/she can go home and tell all their friends how cool they are that Ed spoke/cursed/insulted them.

I have a very loud screaming voice. I wonder if I turned around to told someone to shut the f@#! up in that voice if Ed would pay attention to me. :lol:

If it wasn't for my wife i would ask you to seat next to me at the gig to shut the f' up of the people around us with your Loud screaming voice :mrgreen:
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    scw156scw156 Posts: 442
    jecica wrote:

You weren't at the DC show, were you... Several people were yelling all concert, but there was one guy in particular who was screaming louder than the others and even when Ed was talking. It got to the point (besides Ed stopping and telling everyone it was his time to talk) where people in the crowd were screaming "shut the fuck up" at the dude... it made it even worse since there was a stupid fucker screaming then 2 or 3 more "shut up"s echoing after it...

they should just toss people who yell more than once
    The Sentence Below Is True
    The Sentence Above Is False
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    I promise I'll behave! ;)
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    GS163319GS163319 Posts: 130
    demetrios wrote:
    ** Ban Booze & Drunks! ***

*hide3.gif

No way. For every loud, obnoxious drunk there are several calm, reserved, under the influence fans enjoying the show in their own way. It's just more exaggerated in an intimate setting; why should those respectfully using have to pay for the select few that ruin it?

Substance use always has been, and always will be a part of live music. It's best to just enjoy what you can and try to ignore the bullshit. Enjoy the fact that you will be able to reflect positively on the experience while the stupid, loud assholes likely will not.
  • Options
    pj.uw.laurapj.uw.laura Posts: 553
    Another pointer...

If you're getting dragged out by a security guard, don't yell, "I'm in the Ten Club!"
  • Options
    Don't taze me bro :lol:
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564

the asshole that WILL be yelling at the show you go to won't be reading this...or giving a fuck if they do!!

That's exactly what I was thinking. :D
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    prfctlefts wrote:
    Don't taze me bro :lol:
    :lol:
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,055
    SOLAT319 wrote:

the asshole that WILL be yelling at the show you go to won't be reading this...or giving a fuck if they do!!

That's exactly what I was thinking. :D

Usher's should automatically tap the one's that cause problems, warn them that they will be kicked out! If not, then everyone here that is reading this & making the show, well, take those program guide books, and just wail on the idiot who screams & yell's at ed! ed support's you! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,843
    i just dont get it.....

where do you people get off telling others how to behave at a concert?????

i just dont get it.............

worry about your fucking self.............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....