Options

Thanks for nothing, Ed

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    this easily has to be the dumbest thread title in the HISTORY of this board, let this be a note to all the people who think post count determines intelligence.

zinger!! hee hee! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,750
    I think it's ok to be disappointed. I even think it's ok to start a thread about it and express those feelings. But I think we all have to realize that anything short of a full-on world tour would've disappointed somebody and with a new album coming out this year there is DEFINITELY gonna be lots of live Ed to be a part of. So, there IS a silver lining to all this, no?
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    Vancouver is less than 3 hours away from Seattle... and last time I checked we had 2 shows last year...
    And yah, I live here... BUT I flew home from London to see that show... so technically... haha...

its just a show, come on people... let's just be patient.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    silver39 wrote:
    What about us middle of the country folks?? Always a 'coast' tour what about a 'midwest' tour :D

Fox Theatre in St. Louis would be perfect for an Ed show
    I have to agree with this!
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    ZosoCatZosoCat Posts: 176
    ejny wrote:
    Its kinda odd/funny to think that there's probably more than a handful of people who've actually moved to Seattle just so they can be near the epicenter of all things Pearl Jam...and, yet PJ rarely plays there anymore!

Anyone know what city they've (counting Ed solo too) played the most since 2000? I think the Philly metro/Boston metro areas have to be up near the top.

PJ & Ed have played in south (atlantic city, camden) and north jersey (east rutherford, newark), philly, boston and NYC the most since 2000 easily without even checking the numbers. It is way biased towards the Philly/NYC/Boston regions but hey the most PJ fans live here.
  • Options
    rodentrodent Posts: 133
    what makes you think that Ed owes you anything? Ed owes us nothing. We should be thankful that we have the music and that he's even touring. i'm flying from Toronto to see one of these shows. you need to quit your whining animal.
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    this easily has to be the dumbest thread title in the HISTORY of this board, let this be a note to all the people who think post count determines intelligence.
    Who the fuck gives two shits about post counts? What the hell does that have to do with the price of potatoes? :roll:
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Do you guys have something over there called a car or public transport?
  • Options
    haffajappa wrote:
    Vancouver is less than 3 hours away from Seattle... and last time I checked we had 2 shows last year...
    And yah, I live here... BUT I flew home from London to see that show... so technically... haha...

There is more to the Puget Sound than just Seattle. Add another hour from Tacoma, and even more for Olympia.

Not even talking about how far away it is for our friends to the south in Portland, OR.

"We" had two shows last year? In the Puget Sound region? Publicly advertised?
  • Options
    I BrisK I wrote:
    What's your point, Brisk?
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    ZosoCat wrote:
    ejny wrote:
    Its kinda odd/funny to think that there's probably more than a handful of people who've actually moved to Seattle just so they can be near the epicenter of all things Pearl Jam...and, yet PJ rarely plays there anymore!

Anyone know what city they've (counting Ed solo too) played the most since 2000? I think the Philly metro/Boston metro areas have to be up near the top.

PJ & Ed have played in south (atlantic city, camden) and north jersey (east rutherford, newark), philly, boston and NYC the most since 2000 easily without even checking the numbers. It is way biased towards the Philly/NYC/Boston regions but hey the most PJ fans live here.

I'm glad I live in Massachusetts...PJ LOVES to play in Boston...some of their best shows have been played here!! :D
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    rodent wrote:
    what makes you think that Ed owes you anything? Ed owes us nothing. We should be thankful that we have the music and that he's even touring. i'm flying from Toronto to see one of these shows. you need to quit your whining animal.
    OMG, that is so profound! You mean Ed owes us nothing? Wow, that's deep. :roll:

I'd rather the band tour, than just Ed tour at this point.

A west coast tour, and skips two of the three states that make up the west coast of the US. What a joke that was.
    Post edited by aNiMaL on
  • Options
    Oh man, this thread title is just wrong.

And what makes everyone think that this is the last leg? C'mon, the man cannot hit every city on every tour.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,331
    haffajappa wrote:

I came in from Edmonton for the Vancouver show last year (alltough technically speaking my original flights were booked to see Springsteen, Ed just had the forsight to put his show a few days after that). When I lived in Victoria, I used to regularly take the ferry/road trip to vancouver/seattle for shows. If a shows within 4 or 5 hours travel it ain't that bad.

Out here in Edmonton I'm guessing I might looking at road tripping to Missoula or Vancouver if PJ tours?
  • Options
    Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    Oh come on. Everytime! It never fails. Someones always bitter. Oh no Ed didnt play Seattle this time. Whatever! You guys always get a show from PJ I live in Memphis and he has not been here in 9 years. HA HA SEATTLE! :lol:
    I'll be back
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    If you live in the east coast get the fuck off this board. ;) you have no say.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I BrisK I wrote:

Make little bit travel if it means that much to you?
  • Options
    Oh come on. Everytime! It never fails. Someones always bitter. Oh no Ed didnt play Seattle this time. Whatever! You guys always get a show from PJ I live in Memphis and he has not been here in 9 years. HA HA SEATTLE! :lol:

actually they haven't played here in years.
    Shows:
  • Options
    I BrisK I wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I BrisK I wrote:

Make little bit travel if it means that much to you?
    Traveling is expensive these days and the closest show hes playing is hawaii hawaii is expensive you know.

Who knows Animal, maybe he will announce a real west coast tour. We just gotta wait some more
    Shows:
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Who the fuck gives two shits about post counts? What the hell does that have to do with the price of potatoes? :roll:

exactly.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    PJ_kidd wrote:

Oh im sorry. HA HA. The last time PJ was here, after the PJ show Ed and the Sonic Youth guys played at a club on Beal St. An unannounced show. Was very cool. Needless to say I will be on Beal ST. those to nights hoping to see a surprise show??? HA HA WESTCOAST. You can watch the show from my Youtube page after its over. :lol:
    I'll be back
  • Options
    PJ_kidd wrote:

Oh im sorry. HA HA. The last time PJ was here, after the PJ show Ed and the Sonic Youth guys played at a club on Beal St. An unannounced show. Was very cool. Needless to say I will be on Beal ST. those to nights hoping to see a surprise show??? HA HA WESTCOAST. You can watch the show from my Youtube page after its over. :lol:

Shows:
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    signed... this is bulshit.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    Mjswan76 wrote:

I'm still hoping he'll announce a west coast tour

If not we got Pearl Jam fall tour to look forward too.
    Shows:
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    Mjswan76 wrote:

I'm still hoping he'll announce a west coast tour

If not we got Pearl Jam fall tour to look forward too.

keep your fingers crossed!
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,331
    PJ_kidd wrote:

They played the Gorge in '05 and '06? '06 was their last tour?

Allthough I know there's a huge dispute whether or not the Gorge counts as seattle as its a 2.5 hour drive. Allthough I say the drive was worth it (as I drove 5 hours for those shows :) ).
  • Options
    Zod wrote:
    PJ_kidd wrote:

They played the Gorge in '05 and '06? '06 was their last tour?

Allthough I know there's a huge dispute whether or not the Gorge counts as seattle as its a 2.5 hour drive. Allthough I say the drive was worth it (as I drove 5 hours for those shows :) ).

Gorge don't count its 3 hours away and when your a kid like me its a real hassle to get their cuz your parents sure as hell won't drive you.
    Shows:
  • Options
    ZosoCatZosoCat Posts: 176
    I got to the gorge in 2006 and was still living in Australia at the time... everyone stop moaning about not getting enough PJ please... It's getting old. I had to deal with it living in Australia most of my life I never complained. It is what it is.
  • Options
    PJ_kidd wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

HATERS!!!
  • Options
    PJ_kidd wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

HATERS!!!

LoL im sorry but I'm just sick of all the east-coasters telling us to stop complaining because they've gotten him last summer and this summer but we haven't
    Shows: