Options

Thanks for nothing, Ed

Comments

• Options
    PJ_kidd wrote:

LoL im sorry but I'm just sick of all the east-coasters telling us to stop complaining because they've gotten him last summer and this summer but we haven't

well here is one east-coaster that thanks his lucky stars for the love Ed/PJ shows us..every last drop!!

and i feel for all of you that are unable to take in a show...sucks!
  • Options
    lowlight1lowlight1 Posts: 273
    Play somewhere in Missouri
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Oh man, I totally called this topic in the tweet thread last night. Sorry to anyone who feels shafted, but I guess I shouldn't complain.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    edvedr13edvedr13 Posts: 241
    fucking grow up and be happy he's even coming out! Fuck this band, Ed, play their asses off and I've seen way too many bitchin and whinin about where he's playing. Fuck off and be happy!
    Joe
    "It's Evolution Baby"
    Montreal '00; Toronto '03; Montreal '03; Kitchener '05; London '05; Hamilton '05; Toronto '05; Toronto '06 x2; Boston '06; Toronto '08 x2 (Eddie)
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I BrisK I wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I BrisK I wrote:
    Do you guys have something over there called a car or public transport?
    What's your point, Brisk?

Make little bit travel if it means that much to you?
    A) it's not as though I live in Bum Fuck Egypt, I shouldn't have to travel to see shows.
    and
    B) in a year when the cost of living has sky rocketed, and for the first time ever, not only did I not get a raise this year, but I had to take a pay cut.

Yeah, traveling that far outside of the Puget Sound for a solo show (or any show for that matter) is not in the budget.

It just sucks guys, how Ed goes out on these multiple solo tours, and has yet to schedule or confirm a single Puget Sound area show.

It just makes me sad, and I knew not to get my hopes up at all when the tweet came out yesterday.

It just makes me sad. :(

And I wouldn't give two shits about this if Ed wasn't my absolute favorite front man from my absolute favorite band.
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    edvedr13 wrote:
    fucking grow up and be happy he's even coming out! Fuck this band, Ed, play their asses off and I've seen way too many bitchin and whinin about where he's playing. Fuck off and be happy!

why dont you fuck off its easy for you to say be happy hes even coming out when Pearl Jam hasn't played here in years you saw them twice in 08 so of course your happy.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    A) it's not as though I live in Bum Fuck Egypt, I shouldn't have to travel to see shows.
    and
    B) in a year when the cost of living has sky rocketed, and for the first time ever, not only did I not get a raise this year, but I had to take a pay cut.

Yeah, traveling that far outside of the Puget Sound for a solo show (or any show for that matter) is not in the budget.

It just sucks guys, how Ed goes out on these multiple solo tours, and has yet to schedule or confirm a single Puget Sound area show.

It just makes me sad, and I knew not to get my hopes up at all when the tweet came out yesterday.

And I wouldn't give two shits about this if Ed wasn't my absolute favorite front man from my absolute favorite band.

Same its really frustrating and sad if I had the cash I would fly to Hawaii or New York but I can't. Theres still hope that he might announce a West Coast tour. And we all know Pearl Jam is playing in the fall so we can look forward to that atleast.
    Shows:
  • Options
    Its his choice to travel and tour where he wants to. All the bitching and wishful thinking wont change a thing! I took a greyhound bus from dayton, OH to chicago to see his night 1 show. paid alot for a ticket, bus, hotel, etc. totally worth it. Now I will patiently wait for him or the band to come to or near Cincinnati. When it happens it will rock! until then people, chill out some OK. Too much negativity. Its OK We will all get a turn eventually. its alright. really
    7/28/1992 Lollapalooza Cincinnati, 9/22/1996 Toledo, 8/20/2000 Cincinnati, 6/24/2006 Cincinnati, 8/5/2007 Lollapalooza Chicago @ Grant Park, EV solo 8/21/2008 Chicago @ Auditorium Theater
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:

and

Wait.. this is about Seattle or this is about you personally? Correct me if I'm wrong, aren't you one of the only 100 or so people who got into the secret show in Seattle? I might be mistaken, I always thought that was you.

I still don't think this is necessarily the final leg. I live in state that got nothing, too. I wish he'd come here, but I'd never start an ungrateful thread like this.
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:

and

Wait.. this is about Seattle or this is about you personally? Correct me if I'm wrong, aren't you one of the only 100 or so people who got into the secret show in Seattle? I might be mistaken, I always thought that was you.

I still don't think this is necessarily the final leg. I live in state that got nothing, too. I wish he'd come here, but I'd never start an ungrateful thread like this.

+1 I still have hope for another leg :mrgreen:
    Shows:
  • Options
    Am I the only one who's surprised that somebody that pays for a TenClub membership would start a thread with this title... every time I see it, it bothers me ...
  • Options
    tubes10stubes10s Posts: 512
    aNiMaL wrote:

do what? don't forget, even ed has to travel to all of the shows... so in what world should you sit back and say that you shouldn't have to travel, like everyone else does to some extent, to see a show?
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    10-29-13 - Charlottesville
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    everyone must admit, the guy/gal who said "fuck off and be happy"...........that is good stuff.

reminds me of my coworkers, when they do something idiotic, i tell them..........."good job, stupid."
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    jhuludjhulud S. FloriDUH! Posts: 315
    I don't feel like being overtly-negative...yeah, I'm bummed that Florida got shafted for this tour...then again I am used to the fact that a lot of bands don't want to come down here...esp. South Florida...because it's very much out of the way and there aren't that many good venues to play at.

Those who are going...rawk out!
  • Options
    Am I the only one who's surprised that somebody that pays for a TenClub membership would start a thread with this title... every time I see it, it bothers me ...

meh i understand why he did. Its hard for us in Seattle no shows for years.
    It was just a big dissapointment thats all, no disrespect intended.
    We've waited this long we will wait longer
    Shows:
  • Options
    Well, surprise, surprise! And I have been paying my dues for a long, long time.
  • Options
    ajedigecko wrote:
    everyone must admit, the guy/gal who said "fuck off and be happy"...........that is good stuff.

reminds me of my coworkers, when they do something idiotic, i tell them..........."good job, stupid."
    +1
    I like your avatar by the way.
    Shows:
  • Options
    zootownzootown Posts: 666
    gregory1 wrote:
    Its his choice to travel and tour where he wants to. All the bitching and wishful thinking wont change a thing! I took a greyhound bus from dayton, OH to chicago to see his night 1 show. paid alot for a ticket, bus, hotel, etc. totally worth it. Now I will patiently wait for him or the band to come to or near Cincinnati. When it happens it will rock! until then people, chill out some OK. Too much negativity. Its OK We will all get a turn eventually. its alright. really

Exactly- I understand it is everyone's "right" to complain, and that seems to be a favorite activity around here, but man alive, this is too much! I live in Missoula, y'know where JEFF AMENT LIVES, and we haven't gotten any type of show since 05, and that was a benefit show, yet I still have tons of faith they will play here before 09 is done- so quit your bitchin everybody- its not cool! :roll:
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    ajedigecko wrote:

+1
    I like your avatar by the way.
    thank you.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    [Gorge don't count its 3 hours away and when your a kid like me its a real hassle to get their cuz your parents sure as hell won't drive you.

It does count, it is the best venue in the seattle "area"....My friends and I rented a car to get there in 06, we had an extra seat.... :D Next time, if there is gorge shows put the word out you need a ride, always happy to help out young rockers! Also by the way, I will not mention who but a certain member I know well had to get a ride by their mom in 06 coz they couldnt find a ride and they took their very young cousin(12 or 13 i think) so it is possible, anything is possible!!1
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    zootown wrote:

Exactly- I understand it is everyone's "right" to complain, and that seems to be a favorite activity around here, but man alive, this is too much! I live in Missoula, y'know where JEFF AMENT LIVES, and we haven't gotten any type of show since 05, and that was a benefit show, yet I still have tons of faith they will play here before 09 is done- so quit your bitchin everybody- its not cool! :roll:

People need to stop saying "quit your bitchin"

I was watching MAD TV and they were doing this parody on LOST (great show btw) and one of the characters said "quit your bitchin, bitch!" and whenver i read someone saying quit your bitchin my mind flashes back to that parody.
    Shows:
  • Options
    PJ_kidd wrote:

Allthough I know there's a huge dispute whether or not the Gorge counts as seattle as its a 2.5 hour drive. Allthough I say the drive was worth it (as I drove 5 hours for those shows :) ).

Gorge don't count its 3 hours away and when your a kid like me its a real hassle to get their cuz your parents sure as hell won't drive you.[/quote]

3 hours away MOST CERTAINLY counts. If I get tickets to Philly, I will be driving 3 hours. Albany would also be a 3 hour drive, and I wouldn't hesitate to go. So you complain about "east coasters" (and yes, we have been super lucky with tours), but if you lived here, you would have to drive sometimes too.

I understand the being a kid part, I was 16 once too, and missed plenty of Pearl Jam in their heyday, so I can sympathize. Don't worry, they'll come your way eventually, and when they do, you'll figure out how to get there (or your parents will cave and drive you - like mine did) :);)
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:

and

I never said anything about Seattle. It is about the Puget Sound region as a whole, and Ed skipping us officially for how many solo tours now? Like, 3?

Oh yeah, I did, by the hair on my chinny chin chin, make it in with I think 12 other people to about the second half of Ed's second Kenyon Hall show. But that is what I am talking about, how about an actual scheduled Puget Sound area show, where people actually have an opportunity to go?
  • Options
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    [Gorge don't count its 3 hours away and when your a kid like me its a real hassle to get their cuz your parents sure as hell won't drive you.

It does count, it is the best venue in the seattle "area"....My friends and I rented a car to get there in 06, we had an extra seat.... :D Next time, if there is gorge shows put the word out you need a ride, always happy to help out young rockers! Also by the way, I will not mention who but a certain member I know well had to get a ride by their mom in 06 coz they couldnt find a ride and they took their very young cousin(12 or 13 i think) so it is possible, anything is possible!!1

Haha thanks :D

Gorge is pretty cool I've been there one time for Sasquatch Festival, got a ride with a friend and her mom, I saw The Cure it was awesome!!!
    Shows:
  • Options
    cordurologycordurology Posts: 226
    whatever, man...cry me a river.

better yet, cry me a Puget Sound.

:lol:
    Lex 03, Gorge 05, Cincy 06
  • Options
    tubes10s wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:

do what? don't forget, even ed has to travel to all of the shows... so in what world should you sit back and say that you shouldn't have to travel, like everyone else does to some extent, to see a show?
    And that is what stings even more, he has to travel out of Seattle to go to the shows. Oh, and there is the little difference that Ed is PAID to travel to play his shows. And, I would actually have to PAY to go. See the difference. I am not made of money, in fact quite the opposite lately.
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I never said anything about Seattle. It is about the Puget Sound region as a whole, and Ed skipping us officially for how many solo tours now? Like, 3?

Oh yeah, I did, by the hair on my chinny chin chin, make it in with I think 12 other people to about the second half of Ed's second Kenyon Hall show. But that is what I am talking about, how about an actual scheduled Puget Sound area show, where people actually have an opportunity to go?

Where did people find out about the KH shows?? I never heard anything about it
    Shows:
  • Options
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:

I was tipped off late in that day from Robbie, a poster here on the board.
  • Options
    whatever, man...cry me a river.

better yet, cry me a Puget Sound.

:lol:
    I have to admit, that actually was pretty funny and it did make me chuckle. :)
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:

I was tipped off late in that day from Robbie, a poster here on the board.

Was that before he left Seattle and started his tour or after his tour?
    Shows: