Options

Thanks for nothing, Ed

Comments

• Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    [Gorge don't count its 3 hours away and when your a kid like me its a real hassle to get their cuz your parents sure as hell won't drive you.

It does count, it is the best venue in the seattle "area"....My friends and I rented a car to get there in 06, we had an extra seat.... :D Next time, if there is gorge shows put the word out you need a ride, always happy to help out young rockers! Also by the way, I will not mention who but a certain member I know well had to get a ride by their mom in 06 coz they couldnt find a ride and they took their very young cousin(12 or 13 i think) so it is possible, anything is possible!!1

Haha thanks :D

Gorge is pretty cool I've been there one time for Sasquatch Festival, got a ride with a friend and her mom, I saw The Cure it was awesome!!!
    The Gorge is fucking awesome! By far my favorite place for shows in the summer months. But, it is one hell of a trek, and I am even hoping for PJ to skip the Gorge and play somewhere in town this year. But I am not holding my breath.
  • Options
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    Was that before he left Seattle and started his tour or after his tour?
    If I remember correctly, it was before his supposed West Coast tour. You remember the one he started in Canada, and then skipped over two of the three states that makes up the west coast of the US?
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    aNiMaL wrote:
    The Gorge is fucking awesome! By far my favorite place for shows in the summer months. But, it is one hell of a trek, and I am even hoping for PJ to skip the Gorge and play somewhere in town this year. But I am not holding my breath.

I'd prefer somewhere in the city too but by this point ill be extremely happy with whatever us Seattlites can get.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,695
    aNiMaL, here's hoping man that you get 2 pearl jam nights again at the key arena when they tour for the new album coming soon! :)
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    Was that before he left Seattle and started his tour or after his tour?
    If I remember correctly, it was before his supposed West Coast tour. You remember the one he started in Canada, and then skipped over two of the three states that makes up the west coast of the US?

LoL yah so much for a West coast tour. Wasn't it called April Fools Tour or something tho? That'd explain it.

Ok so he might do a secret show again gotta keep my ears and eyes open if anyone finds out anything PM me please and I will be forever grateful I really wanna see him play
    :mrgreen:
    Shows:
  • Options
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:

I'd prefer somewhere in the city too but by this point ill be extremely happy with whatever us Seattlites can get.
    You mean us Puget Sounders. I am not in Seattle.
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:

Close enough
    Shows:
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    aNiMaL, here's hoping man that you get 2 pearl jam nights again at the key arena when they tour for the new album coming soon! :)
    Thanks, D! That mans a lot. I hope so too.
  • Options
    luv-ed91luv-ed91 Posts: 215
    I'm driving almost 700 miles and 11 hours - and I'm not bitchin & complaining one bit - I'm just thankful he's doing a tour - period! :D I wish it was closer, but oh well, sacrifices must be made if ya want something bad enough (& at the moment, I'm probably one of the poorest MoFo's on here!!) :mrgreen:
    -- If I had known then, what I know now . . .

8/31/98 - Raleigh
    8/4/00 - Charlotte
    4/16/03 - Charlotte
    10/6/04 - Asheville
    6/16/08 - Columbia
    6/20/09 - EV Memphis
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,199
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Signed,

The people of the Puget Sound.

:?

Oh, but way to play fucking New York again. :roll:

+1
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    tubes10stubes10s Posts: 513
    aNiMaL wrote:
    tubes10s wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:

A) it's not as though I live in Bum Fuck Egypt, I shouldn't have to travel to see shows.

do what? don't forget, even ed has to travel to all of the shows... so in what world should you sit back and say that you shouldn't have to travel, like everyone else does to some extent, to see a show?
    And that is what stings even more, he has to travel out of Seattle to go to the shows. Oh, and there is the little difference that Ed is PAID to travel to play his shows. And, I would actually have to PAY to go. See the difference. I am not made of money, in fact quite the opposite lately.

i didn't intend to compare you to Ed, i meant to say that the majority of folks going to his solo shows are going to be traveling to get there, just like you or I would to go to a show. and the majority of folks are going to be paying their own way to get there, just like you or I would to go to a show. don't pretend that you've got it so much worse than everyone else, man! personally, i've never driven less than 3 and a half hours for one of his shows, i feel your pain that it's not cheap or all that easy to see them play!
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    10-29-13 - Charlottesville
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    If they play at ACL and not Dallas then I will drive the 300 miles with a big fat smile on my face the whole way. That's how long it has been since they have been around here. I will be happy with that.

Actually, I'll still end up traveling if they don't come here. I always say I won't. And then I do.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    aNiMaL wrote:
    i am starting to believe that Ed solo or the band as a whole will never play Seattle or the Puget Sound ever again.

At least Mike and Stone still play here.

I gave up on Ed years ago. I'm not sure why he even lives here anymore. I'd be happy to see him move away so that I don't have to think of him as a local.

I would rather drop $20 to see Mike and Shadow, or Mike and Flight to Mars. I'd rather drop $20 to see Stone & Shawn Smith do a Brad set.

So screw the Ed solo tour. I'm looking forward to May's Flight To Mars show with the procedes going to CCFA.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,811
    i think its hilarious that those who pay their dues over seas, and effectively pay higher dues are not allowed to buy tickets despite being members and paying for the privilege
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Signed,

Will you take this back when Pearl Jam plays Seattle this fall? Sheesh... Pearl Jam ALWAYS comes correct. All these vet. fans on the rag lately.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    What about St. Louis? we havent had anything since VFC

granted i went to Ed solo in Chicago and the Vic but it would be nice to have him in my home city

oh well tho
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    Ed plays where he likes, its his tour.

If I had to guess, I would say it's not a coincidence that common cities he hits are democratic. It's culture. He's gonna like hanging around Boston and Philly more than deep in the heart of Texas. Just my guess.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    aNiMaL wrote:
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:

Exactly, and Albany is not NYC.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    im just happy hes hitting atlanta..now i can drive :D
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    Say what you want about Chris and his "Scream" album. But the man is a class act.
    He could have easily taken the bait and lashed out at Trent, but he thankfully he took the high road.

Way to go Chris!!

Trent now looks like a complete "turd captain".
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    If by nothing you mean all that great music and great shows that have enhanced our lives over the years, all the friends I have met around the world and in my own backyard and that tour in 2006 that led me on the path to meeting my wife and love of my life than yeah thanks for nothing ed.

If nothing is everything... :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    Saying "Thanks for nothing, Ed" is beyond unreasonable!

I have been reading this board for years and there are constantly stories appearing about how they met Ed and how great he was to them. How he took the time and actually listened and cared about what they had to say.

Ed, and the band as a whole, constantly try to connect with the fans that is uncomparable to any other artist I've enjoyed in my life. They all do amazing things for charity and stand up for free speech *which I suppose this thread is entitled to* but IMO going to this extreme is ridiculous.

Think of the money alone this band has donated to worthy causes, many of which you might someday have the unfortunate reality of having to live with before you go getting crazy about Ed and a location of a show.

IMO there's far more wrong with this world then the location of an Ed solo show. I would love to see it, don't get me wrong. I can't make the jaunt from Northern Alberta Canada to the East Coast but that's ok. Life will go on and maybe one day he'll be a little closer for me to enjoy. All these threads about him or the band not playing in one city or another is sad.

A day after the body of Kurt Cobain was found I read this thread. I can't imagine how shitty I'd feel had I started this thread only to have the same thing happen to Ed. Let's all get over where they as a band or individual decide to play and put the energy somewhere worthwhile ;)
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • Options
    edvedr13edvedr13 Posts: 241
    I apologize to those who I offended by saying "F**k Off". It was never intended for anyone in particular. Please lets be happy with what we're getting.
    Joe
    "It's Evolution Baby"
    Montreal '00; Toronto '03; Montreal '03; Kitchener '05; London '05; Hamilton '05; Toronto '05; Toronto '06 x2; Boston '06; Toronto '08 x2 (Eddie)
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Signed,

Bitter, eh? The guy only LIVES in your area, but you're gonna complain. Perhaps there's something about the NorthEast that Ed likes!! I certainly don't blame him.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Bitter, eh? The guy only LIVES in your area, but you're gonna complain.

What the hell does this have to do with the gripe that he isn't playing here? So what if he lives here? He's demonstrated that he doesn't like playing shows on tour here. That's the complaint.

Would you rather he lived in NY and booked most of his shows in Seattle and the west coast? How would that benefit you? Where he lives obviously has no bearing on where he plays, unlike with the rest of the guys in the band.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    LL624LL624 Posts: 43
    Okay...I know you don't see me post here...I use to be very active on the board about 10 yrs. ago, omg...did I just say 10 yrs ago??? Anyway....I lived in the Seattle area from 2000 to 2003, just in time because after that the Puget Sound got the shaft on tours. We moved there right about Binaural tour time. Caught both shows at the key arena...then flew home to CA and caught all the shows here. Anyhoooo....I have to admit the key arena shows were the most mellow, complacent shows I'd ever seen. I get great seats, first couple of rows and I think I was the only one standing up shaking my butt. It was a wierd vibe. So maybe...Ed just doesn't feel the love like he use to. I moved there for PJ and did manage to see Groundworks, the Showbox shows, the Rockfords...and more, it all worked out. But I don't blame you Puget Sound....you guys get nothing now, it sucks! Mind you...I'm not too happy about no west coast shows for Ed this time....Hawaii is just a little too far west for my budget right now. I did managed to take the family to Hawaii for the Kokua Festival....AWESOMELY SWEET!!! :D And don't even get me started on all the worldly goods that PJ provides now.....there's so much PJ "stuff" now, I can't even keep up. And at least I don't have to feel guilty about my carbon footprint chasing shows around...think of it that way. I live for new album time and tours...like an alarm clock you know is about to go off and you are in a semi-sleep, then beep beep beep....you're off and running. I am hoping someone is saving the best for last....wishfull thinking I know. Maybe the west coast just needs to become more vocal....pitch our fit??

And to the 10C...you folks do an awesome job...keep up the good work, we appreciate it!! Thanks. :)
    "Our life is frittered away by detail. Simplify, simplify." --Henry David Thoreau
    "Compassion is the basis of all morality." --Arthur Schopenhauer
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    jeffbr wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Bitter, eh? The guy only LIVES in your area, but you're gonna complain.

What the hell does this have to do with the gripe that he isn't playing here? So what if he lives here? He's demonstrated that he doesn't like playing shows on tour here. That's the complaint.

Would you rather he lived in NY and booked most of his shows in Seattle and the west coast? How would that benefit you? Where he lives obviously has no bearing on where he plays, unlike with the rest of the guys in the band.
    I have no idea why he's doing this 3rd leg. If you or anyone has any idea, please post. Anyone can have wild speculations why he chooses the cities he does, but do you really think he simply does NOT like playing his hometown?
  • Options
    G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Signed,

Somebody erase this thread. Another ungrateful sack. Make some money and go see him if you want.

Turn in your membership card and switch to a new band. You'll be missed very little.

You sound like you might me more of a Justin Timberlake fan... go switch on your theme song... "Cry me a river"
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,434
    aNiMaL wrote:
    i am starting to believe that Ed solo or the band as a whole will never play Seattle or the Puget Sound ever again.

At least Mike and Stone still play here.

hey i'm starting to believe you and i believe this is writting on the wall :|
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:

Exactly, and Albany is not NYC.
    At least he's coming to your state.