Thanks for nothing, Ed

1235»

Comments

• Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Jeanwah wrote:
    jeffbr wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Bitter, eh? The guy only LIVES in your area, but you're gonna complain.

What the hell does this have to do with the gripe that he isn't playing here? So what if he lives here? He's demonstrated that he doesn't like playing shows on tour here. That's the complaint.

Would you rather he lived in NY and booked most of his shows in Seattle and the west coast? How would that benefit you? Where he lives obviously has no bearing on where he plays, unlike with the rest of the guys in the band.
    I have no idea why he's doing this 3rd leg. If you or anyone has any idea, please post. Anyone can have wild speculations why he chooses the cities he does, but do you really think he simply does NOT like playing his hometown?
    Yes. Or he would have officially played here during his supposed "West coast" first leg.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,434
    but i really would be shocked if the band didn't play at least one show this fall no :?: ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    coachchris wrote:
    Saying "Thanks for nothing, Ed" is beyond unreasonable!

I have been reading this board for years and there are constantly stories appearing about how they met Ed and how great he was to them. How he took the time and actually listened and cared about what they had to say.

Ed, and the band as a whole, constantly try to connect with the fans that is uncomparable to any other artist I've enjoyed in my life. They all do amazing things for charity and stand up for free speech *which I suppose this thread is entitled to* but IMO going to this extreme is ridiculous.

Think of the money alone this band has donated to worthy causes, many of which you might someday have the unfortunate reality of having to live with before you go getting crazy about Ed and a location of a show.

IMO there's far more wrong with this world then the location of an Ed solo show. I would love to see it, don't get me wrong. I can't make the jaunt from Northern Alberta Canada to the East Coast but that's ok. Life will go on and maybe one day he'll be a little closer for me to enjoy. All these threads about him or the band not playing in one city or another is sad.

A day after the body of Kurt Cobain was found I read this thread. I can't imagine how shitty I'd feel had I started this thread only to have the same thing happen to Ed. Let's all get over where they as a band or individual decide to play and put the energy somewhere worthwhile ;)
    To anyone who truly thinks I am not thankful for all the good that Ed and the rest of the bands does, you're high.

The good that they do does not ease the disappointment for the lack of proper Puget Sound shows in the last 7 years. And certainly doesn't ease the disappointment of Ed solo skipping us almost altogether. Am I just supposed to think, "well, though he and the band doesn't play Seattle anymore, I am still so grateful that he is playing the Northeast again because of all the charity work they do?" Fuck that....while I am glad they do charity work, and I support most of it, it is their music that brings me to the table. And their live music is where it's at.

And to anyone who thinks I should turn in my membership card.....fat chance! I have been paying for my membership since a lot of you were in diapers. I will never give up my 124xxx seniority number.
    Post edited by aNiMaL on
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    but i really would be shocked if the band didn't play at least one show this fall no :?: ..

shocked yes. dissappointed, no. and when they do hit up nyc or ct, we gotta connect again!!!
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    At this point, I am not holding my breath.
  • Options

shocked yes. dissappointed, no. and when they do hit up nyc or ct, we gotta connect again!!!

HEY you are right we will connect again my friend .... :)
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    coachchris wrote:
    Saying "Thanks for nothing, Ed" is beyond unreasonable!

I have been reading this board for years and there are constantly stories appearing about how they met Ed and how great he was to them. How he took the time and actually listened and cared about what they had to say.

Ed, and the band as a whole, constantly try to connect with the fans that is uncomparable to any other artist I've enjoyed in my life. They all do amazing things for charity and stand up for free speech *which I suppose this thread is entitled to* but IMO going to this extreme is ridiculous.

Think of the money alone this band has donated to worthy causes, many of which you might someday have the unfortunate reality of having to live with before you go getting crazy about Ed and a location of a show.

IMO there's far more wrong with this world then the location of an Ed solo show. I would love to see it, don't get me wrong. I can't make the jaunt from Northern Alberta Canada to the East Coast but that's ok. Life will go on and maybe one day he'll be a little closer for me to enjoy. All these threads about him or the band not playing in one city or another is sad.

A day after the body of Kurt Cobain was found I read this thread. I can't imagine how shitty I'd feel had I started this thread only to have the same thing happen to Ed. Let's all get over where they as a band or individual decide to play and put the energy somewhere worthwhile ;)
    To anyone who truly thinks I am not thankful for all the good that Ed and the rest of the bands does, you're high.

The good that they do does not ease the disappointment for the lack of proper Puget Sound shows in the last 7 years. And certainly doesn't ease the disappointment of Ed solo skipping us almost altogether. Am I just supposed to think, "well, though he and the band doesn't play Seattle anymore, I am still so grateful that he is playing the Northeast again because of all the charity work they do?" Fuck that....while I am glad they do charity work, and I support most of it, it is their music that brings me to the table. And their live music is where it's at.

And to anyone who thinks I should turn in my membership card.....fat chance! I have been paying for my membership since a lot of you were in diapers. I will never give up my 124xxx seniority number.

Hey i'm with you on this i just don't understand it why no love for your home state i'm dying to get out there for shows remember i'm also a senior around these parts ...just take the 1 of your number and that's me ..
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    aNiMaL...it seems your demeanor has changed. You used to stress patience, but it appears it has worn out. Welcome to the club.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Hey i'm with you on this i just don't understand it why no love for your home state i'm dying to get out there for shows remember i'm also a senior around these parts ...just take the 1 of your number and that's me ..
    Thanks, that means a lot to me. I hope that we will have a reason to have you come here to WA for a couple shows....eventually.
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Thanks, that means a lot to me. I hope that we will have a reason to have you come here to WA for a couple shows....eventually.

i have narrowed it down to SEATTLE ,FRISCO,SAN DIEGO that's about it even here in NY it has lost a bit of luster for me at least, so i really wan't to get to see them out west more than any other locall ....we will meet i have to believe it :!: :) ...
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,000
    Here is the list of things you are owed by this band:

(end of the list)

Enough with this god damn sense of entitlement!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    benjs wrote:
    Here is the list of things you are owed by this band:

(end of the list)

Enough with this god damn sense of entitlement!

Come on, at least this isn't true. We pay for the fan club first and foremost for ticket access, and when there are no shows, it feels like you've wasted a year as a member. (Yes, I know all the other perks, but at the same time I say the #1 reason for 99% of us is for ticket access). Anyway, where would Ed be without his fans?

But I'm not complaining, just defending my Seattle brethren. I could understand the frustration. I'd be pretty upset if tour after tour he skipped my city. Well, not upset, more like "awww shucks."
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Signed,

The people of the Puget Sound.

:?

Oh, but way to play fucking New York again. :roll:

boo fucking hoo. the sense of entitlement around here is rediculous.

Lived in Jersey for much of my life. Don't see me complaining, I got the shit end of the stick. If don't like it then I can just move, same for you if you wish to see EV and PJ play locally.
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • Options
    Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    Still bitter I can see. HA HA WESTCOAST. 3 years ago I was saying the same thing you guys are saying now. HA HA!!!!!!!!!!! Like I said yesterday, you can watch the show from my YouTube page. :D
    I'll be back
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Signed,

Lived in Jersey for much of my life. Don't see me complaining, I got the shit end of the stick. If don't like it then I can just move, same for you if you wish to see EV and PJ play locally.

Look, the band lives here in Seattle. There is no sense of entitlement, but we are getting rather sick of Seattle being skipped for shows every tour. There hasn't been a proper show in years. EV lives IN Seattle, he has to travel OUT of Seattle for a show. So sorry but its getting frustrating that he isn't playing any shows here when he wouldn't even have to travel for it. We've been waiting a really long time and it just gets really frustrating to see no Seattle dates ever. Vedder can do what he wants, but you can't blame us for getting upset over it, no disrespect to Vedder or Pearl Jam intended.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Signed,

Look, the band lives here in Seattle. There is no sense of entitlement, but we are getting rather sick of Seattle being skipped for shows every tour. There hasn't been a proper show in years. EV lives IN Seattle, he has to travel OUT of Seattle for a show. So sorry but its getting frustrating that he isn't playing any shows here when he wouldn't even have to travel for it. We've been waiting a really long time and it just gets really frustrating to see no Seattle dates ever. Vedder can do what he wants, but you can't blame us for getting upset over it, no disrespect to Vedder or Pearl Jam intended.

:roll: So's the spelling!
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    aNiMaL wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    Vancouver is less than 3 hours away from Seattle... and last time I checked we had 2 shows last year...
    And yah, I live here... BUT I flew home from London to see that show... so technically... haha...

its just a show, come on people... let's just be patient.
    There is more to the Puget Sound than just Seattle. Add another hour from Tacoma, and even more for Olympia.

Not even talking about how far away it is for our friends to the south in Portland, OR.

"We" had two shows last year? In the Puget Sound region? Publicly advertised?
    look all i'm saying is, its do-able.
    its not like you're somewhere that hardly gets shows...

and its not like your needs have to be tended to personally...
    bands make tours, either they come to your area or not... don't take it personally :)

maybe you can petition for a tour that goes bellingham renton seattle tacoma olympia.
    of course those fans in Lynden might get left out...
    and then maybe they'll have to be bitter and petition for shows all the way through Sumas and hey! Maybe they'll play at the local legion across the border in Aldergrove, i can make the show after soccer practice....
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam