Options

pearl jam should learn from oasis

12346»

Comments

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Ricsard wrote:
    As a European fan of both Pearl Jam and Oasis I am pretty sure Oasis is NOT THAT BIG IN EUROPE ANYMORE!

false... as sales and concert revenues show... look them up.
    Ricsard wrote:
    OK, they are still huge in Britain (except for selling records) but come on there are even more haters than fans of theirs. And Coldplay, Mr. Wanker Williams and even those pussies (Take That) are lot bigger acts but that’s only the shame of the British taste in music.

they still sell well in Britain... and yes those bands are bigger acts most likely... but bigger isnt better.

Ricsard wrote:
    Anyone who says Oasis sell out stadiums on the continent here has no fuckin idea what happens outside UK or Scotland or just too Oasis psyco obsessive.

now now... of course you live in Budapest, which while a beautiful city and no doubt a beautiful country, its musical contribution to the world is 4 hair women and a monkey pretending to play an organ.... the arena figures for the lastest Oasis euro tour show that they have both a huge euro following still...
    Ricsard wrote:
    Actually they don't really play in stadiums or even bigger venues than Pearl Jam did back in 2006.
    They can't even sell out the Vienna arena in 6 months (however there is no other Oasis show in Eastern Europe...lol!)

as PJ struggled to sell out certain euro venues... i just checked the oasis website... you can't buy the cheapest tickets for Vienna anymore... and 3 of the latest Japanese shows are sold out already.
    Ricsard wrote:
    I know PJ sells out Asia , Australia and even South America shows so then what's the point about Oasis is bigger there?

now i'm going to post something earth-shattering here... those continents you mentioned above.. they are part of the WORLD... and i was trying to point out to some people who said that Oasis arent as big as PJ worldwide that not only are they as big... but in fact they are bigger, sell more albums, sell more tickets, do more shows.
    Ricsard wrote:
    For the correct let’s compare Stop The Clocks to Rearviewmirror (instead of Lost Dogs which is only comparable to The Masterplan). And by the way what are your exact sources you refer?

why compare them? cos they are greatest hits?

but yes lets compare them

Rearviewmirror - Estimation mondiale : 1.800.000
    Stop The Clocks - Estimation mondiale : 2.000.000
    Ricsard wrote:
    Oasis are trying very hard to be as popular as they were in 1994-1997, while Pearl Jam doesn’t really give a fuck about it. That’s a huge difference if you ask me.

is it? a huge difference? what promotion did PJ do between those years of 94-98? very little... look at them now!! webcasts, letterman performances, ltd edition re-issues, downloads to mobile phones, VIDEOS!!!... yeah they are trying real fucking hard to be incognito.

Ricsard wrote:
    The Wembley arena/stadium comparison is fake because PJ are not from Britain…remember???

the object of that comparison was to show that Oasis sell out Wembley Stadium and PJ sell out Wembley Arena... so as Oasis apparently do not have the same worldwide clout and are apparently are a small band in the US then you would expect PJ to sell out MSG and Oasis to sell out a venue 1/4 its size? yeah, would that be fair to assume... but in reality Oasis sell out MSG and they sell it out as fast if not faster than PJ (one hour)

Ricsard wrote:
    But what should we expect someone who thinks only British festivals rule and can’t even name any other on the continent? :D

quite where you got that from i dont know? :lol:

I can name you loads... i don't know why you'd want me to... but i could.. in fact Oasis is headling one.. in Madrid.. you know.. Benicassim :roll:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    StaffanStaffan Posts: 606
    QT31085 wrote:
    at the ten year mark (i think) for definitely maybe oasis did a club tour (of sorts) in the UK. i think pearl jam should something similar. they're making a big deal about reissuing Ten. why not retrace their first tour of the west coast or something of the sort?

how amazing would that be?

Do you know what you started with the title of your thread, people are on each other like pitbulls over this :lol:
    Everyday................is Pearl Jam Day.

Except Sundays, that's Ed day.

The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open. FZ

• Options
    funnygirl wrote:

I rather enjoy being blond....It gives me an excuse for doing mindless things...
    Also guys, being mean is very unattractive.......Let's all be friends here :D

I was just playing with ya! :mrgreen:

but if being mean is unattractive...why do women always fall for the "bad boy" type? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    funnygirl wrote:

I rather enjoy being blond....It gives me an excuse for doing mindless things...
    Also guys, being mean is very unattractive.......Let's all be friends here :D

I was just playing with ya! :mrgreen:

but if being mean is unattractive...why do women always fall for the "bad boy" type? :mrgreen:

Whew! I'm glad you were joking! :D
    I have no Idea why certain women fall foe the "bad Boy" type...Personally, I have a soft spot for geeks! :ugeek:
  • Options
    PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 868
    PJRock75 wrote:
    Oh, if it's for nostalgic reasons then it's ok then....wait, isn't that what concert posters are for too? And it still doesn't change the fact that you have a STAR WARS poster on your wall (as an adult), no matter how much it cost (was that even an issue...that's irrelevant). Now that I think of it, Star wars fans are more Trekkie than Trekkies are :ugeek:

Once again, I don't mean to come off like I'm picking on you (you probably a good guy), but I still feel like I had to correct any hypocracy that I noticed.

So the people on here spending $100 on a poster for a show they've never been to... that's a souvenir? How is it a souvenir if you weren't there and had nothing to do with it? Trekkies are people that go to conventions and obsessively collect shit. A few random souvenirs and gifts does not make a Trekkie. You must be a Trekkie though, the way you're defensing them. I don't know any star wars fans weird enough to do something like learn Klingon speech. I do know PJ fans weird enough to speak only in lyrics quotes, drop thousands on posters for shows they never attended, stock entire ipods with 80gb of live PJ, and bankrupt their families to get front row seats to 20 straight shows. That's not healthy, and those are the people that would ruin any shot at the band doing a club show because those people would be bitching to high heaven about not getting the memorabilia they want or not getting primo seats to every show like they feel they're entitled to because they delude themselves into thinking that even Riot Act is better than any album any other band has ever done.

Once again, sorry if it seems like an attack on you. I can see now that you get hot under the collar with an open debate with you labeling me (which by the way, I never did you) a "Trekkie" :lol: ....That's a laugh to think of me as a sci fi geek. I'm more of a drink beer and talk to girls kinda guy ;)...the only thing I would consider myself a geek about is over music (which is my true passion in life). My only advice for you would be to enjoy whatever it is that makes you happy and not worry about what gets other people off (no matter how ridiculous it may seem to you), because in reality, there's nothing you can do about it except start debates on message boards.

Oh...and there are PLENTY of huge Star Wars geeks out there that go to conventions and live their whole live by the ways of the FORCE :o....just look at EBAY for how obsessive they can get. But to each their own.

May the FORCE be with you young jedi
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    edited February 2009
    PJRock75 wrote:
    That's a laugh to think of me as a sci fi geek. I'm more of a drink beer and talk to girls kinda guy ;)...

Wow, you must be so cool. Can I crash on the couch at your frat? We can beat up sci-fi geeks together.

And no, you didn't label me a Trekkie. But you did label me a hypocrite. I see why now.
    Post edited by soulsinging on
  • Options
    Bro....take a chill. If you know me and some people on here do, I'm just the furthest thing. Try yoga or working out if you find yourself to be wound up that tight. Fighting is for people who can't think through things. Mind over matter...if you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    PJRock75 wrote:
    Bro....take a chill. If you know me and some people on here do, I'm just the furthest thing. Try yoga or working out if you find yourself to be wound up that tight. Fighting is for people who can't think through things. Mind over matter...if you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Good call. So let's think things through... explain to me again how one poster of a movie I like is the same thing as

"PJ fans weird enough to speak only in lyrics quotes, drop thousands on posters for shows they never attended, stock entire ipods with 80gb of live PJ, and bankrupt their families to get front row seats to 20 straight shows"
    or
    learning Klingon
    or
    go to conventions and live their whole live by the ways of the FORCE
    or
    whatever example you prefer.
  • Options
    :lol: ....wow, wow, wow....nevermind. Apparently, this bothers you much more than it bothers me. I got my own life to worry about.

This is as far as I'm taking this conversation because I don't see why I would want to continue with it...it's not my hang up. People could do whatever they want as excessively as they want, it's a free country.
  • Options
    And one more thing (trying to get back on topic).....this is why Oasis sucks!! They make people irritable :roll:
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,821
    Just to make sure everybody is on the right page ...
    demetrios wrote:
    Pearl Jam should NEVER learn from that garbage of a band called Oasis.

right?

Weird this thread is still alive and not moved over to the Other Music thread!
  • Options
    PJRock75 wrote:
    :lol: ....wow, wow, wow....nevermind. Apparently, this bothers you much more than it bothers me. I got my own life to worry about.

This is as far as I'm taking this conversation because I don't see why I would want to continue with it...it's not my hang up. People could do whatever they want as excessively as they want, it's a free country.

Indeed they can. And I'm free to be as annoyed by it as I want. Especially when I think it's partly why (to bring it actually on topic) the band can't do a cool club tour like Oasis did... but then, Oasis has the advantage of fans that aren't as neurotic ;)
  • Options
    yeah, because they are not as good.
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 1,014
    I am not surprised by how aggro people are getting about this post, it seems that when people talk about Oasis they bring out the worst in people. Oasis are awful, most people really do wish they are actually were an Oasis. The only way they became big was by slagging people off in the media, the music is second rate & they have to be ugliest band of all time. Sadly that is how the English do things, slagging people off to get publicity. Here in Australia they are one band that has lost the majority of their fan base. They were the biggest band in the world in 1996(but not the best, unless you ask them) & they had a big fight & called off their first tour here just because they couldn't get on, that happens in every band. They finally made here in 1998 & got into the news as soon as they got off the plane they started the media game, meanwhile PJ were here at the same time doing killer shows & selling out the same venue 3 to 1 to Oasis. PJ didn't make the papers once they were just enjoying the beach & blowing people away with their shows. It shows how if you believe your own hype to much it can lead to madness. Lets give thanks that PJ have never gone this way! So in a sense they have learned something from them. A ten club tour would be great but it is not going to happen.
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14 Budapest 22 Krakow 22 Amsterdam 22 St Paul 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 24 New York 1 24 Philly 1&2 24 Boston 1&2 24 Gold Coast 24 Melbourne 1 24 Sydney 1&2 24
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,954
This discussion has been closed.