Options

pearl jam should learn from oasis

Comments

• Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Kraven wrote:
    What the hell is this pepper man, I was at the show and have no idea who the pepper man is.

I guess because I got there right as doors opened I didn't get to experience the "fun" of waiting in line all day. I had much more fun waiting all day in the heat at Lollapalooza...

Beats me man. But apparently all the cool kids know who he is from their cool line in front of the Vic. You and I just aren't cool enough apparently. Either that or we're lying about having been there, according to this guy.
  • Options
    PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 868
    Pearl Jam wrote:
    I knew you didn't have tickets. Everyone who was in that line knows about the security guard with the peppers on his shirt. You busted yourself pal.

Perhaps those of us who weren't sleeping in front of the venue in the hopes ed would sweat on them didn't have any issues with security guards. I sure as hell didn't pay any attention to security. The line to get in wasn't really one of the defining moments of my life.

But you're right, clearly since I didn't have an intimate relationship with the pepper man, I wasn't there. My girlfriend will be so disappointed to know we didn't actually attend that show :(

Still, I wonder where the hell I got this from:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4 ... d=12432276

Hey, not picking sides here in this little squabble you two are having...I don't even care enough to read what is going on between you two, but I saw your link and clicked and noticed your Star Wars poster in the background. IMO, to have a Star Wars poster on your wall makes you equal to a trekkie which you were using in a derogitory manner......shame on you.

Now, I was at the Vic (in my top 5 shows of all time by the way) and I don't remember a pepper guy either....but then again, I was drinking all day and it was 2 years ago already and don't sweat the small stuff...I mean remember the small stuff.
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    PJRock75 wrote:
    Pearl Jam wrote:
    I knew you didn't have tickets. Everyone who was in that line knows about the security guard with the peppers on his shirt. You busted yourself pal.

Perhaps those of us who weren't sleeping in front of the venue in the hopes ed would sweat on them didn't have any issues with security guards. I sure as hell didn't pay any attention to security. The line to get in wasn't really one of the defining moments of my life.

But you're right, clearly since I didn't have an intimate relationship with the pepper man, I wasn't there. My girlfriend will be so disappointed to know we didn't actually attend that show :(

Still, I wonder where the hell I got this from:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4 ... d=12432276

Hey, not picking sides here in this little squabble you two are having...I don't even care enough to read what is going on between you two, but I saw your link and clicked and noticed your Star Wars poster in the background. IMO, to have a Star Wars poster on your wall makes you equal to a trekkie which you were using in a derogitory manner......shame on you.

Now, I was at the Vic (in my top 5 shows of all time by the way) and I don't remember a pepper guy either....but then again, I was drinking all day and it was 2 years ago already and don't sweat the small stuff...I mean remember the small stuff.

Star Wars is far superior to Star Trek in every single way.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    demetrios wrote:
    Pearl Jam should NEVER learn from that garbage of a band called Oasis.

Definitely Maybe and (What's the Story) Morning Glory are better than half of Pearl Jam's albums.

I agree with this. And every single Oasis, JET, & Buckcherry album is better than riot act.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    DD164485DD164485 Posts: 149
    QT31085 wrote:
    at the ten year mark (i think) for definitely maybe oasis did a club tour (of sorts) in the UK. i think pearl jam should something similar. they're making a big deal about reissuing Ten. why not retrace their first tour of the west coast or something of the sort?

how amazing would that be?

I understand you are a fan of Oasis and that's cool, I don't want to sound like I'm ripping on Oasis, but you have to understand that you are talking about two completley different circumstances between two completly different bands.

Granted this would be amazing...however it would be a logistical nightmare for fans trying to get tickets.

Getting tickets for the Eddie Tour was hard enough.

I'd hate to see the cluster fuck involved in getting tickets for a Pearl Jam tour of small clubs.

Pearl Jam is just too big of a band with a large demand for concert tickets. I just don't think that they could ever pull this type of tour off without alienating a large amount of their fanbase.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    DD164485 wrote:
    QT31085 wrote:
    at the ten year mark (i think) for definitely maybe oasis did a club tour (of sorts) in the UK. i think pearl jam should something similar. they're making a big deal about reissuing Ten. why not retrace their first tour of the west coast or something of the sort?

how amazing would that be?

I understand you are a fan of Oasis and that's cool, I don't want to sound like I'm ripping on Oasis, but you have to understand that you are talking about two completley different circumstances between two completly different bands.

Granted this would be amazing...however it would be a logistical nightmare for fans trying to get tickets.

Getting tickets for the Eddie Tour was hard enough.

I'd hate to see the cluster fuck involved in getting tickets for a Pearl Jam tour of small clubs.

Pearl Jam is just too big of a band with a large demand for concert tickets. I just don't think that they could ever pull this type of tour off without alienating a large amount of their fanbase.
    They could totally do the exact same thing:

club tour in the UK

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    DD164485 wrote:

Oasis sell more concert tickets than PJ... at least here in the Uk and europe.. and as the OP post was about Oasis doing a club tour in the UK.. can you imagine the clusterfuck there buddy?

Oasis played 2 nights at Knebworth a few years back... they sold all the tickets (some 250,000) in just 9 hours... which at the time was a record... over 2 million people applied for those tickets.

PJ couldnt even sell out venues in the Florida last year...

please save it with the big band stuff... if one of the biggest touring draws in the UK can do a club tour then so can PJ.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Kraven wrote:

What the hell is this pepper man, I was at the show and have no idea who the pepper man is.

I guess because I got there right as doors opened I didn't get to experience the "fun" of waiting in line all day. I had much more fun waiting all day in the heat at Lollapalooza...

This security guard with a long ponytail and this bright pepper shirt, walked up and down the line all day trying to kick people to the back of the line for every little thing. Like not standing up against the building among others, he argued with 50 percent of the people from my vantage point. I remember a thread on him over at Redmosquito after the show where people even posted pictures of him. He even got into it with someone from Pearl Jam's camp because they started to let us in before he was ready. I guess if you were on the other side of the building you didn't experience the same thing as the people on that first strip.

Also nothing is going on between myself and soulsinging, he just happens to think his shit don't stink. He pulled the ol' haha I had tickets to a show and you all didn't nonsense. Then calls the people on this board tools and some other things. He's got the problem, not me. My posts in this thread have been easy going. Not a big deal to me.
  • Options
    Pearl Jam wrote:
    This security guard with a long ponytail and this bright pepper shirt, walked up and down the line all day trying to kick people to the back of the line for every little thing. Like not standing up against the building among others, he argued with 50 percent of the people from my vantage point. I remember a thread on him over at Redmosquito after the show where people even posted pictures of him. He even got into it with someone from Pearl Jam's camp because they started to let us in before he was ready. I guess if you were on the other side of the building you didn't experience the same thing as the people on that first strip.

Also nothing is going on between myself and soulsinging, he just happens to think his shit don't stink. He pulled the ol' haha I had tickets to a show and you all didn't nonsense. Then calls the people on this board tools and some other things. He's got the problem, not me. My posts in this thread have been easy going. Not a big deal to me.

I was trying to match your level of maturity with your "there goes all credibility" nonsense. Sorry, but if you insist that everyone PJ album is an unqualified work of genius with automatic classic status and that nobody can make an album that's on par with the weakest PJ album, then it is you that lacks credibility.
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    If they could only get those groovy haircuts.....

oasis2.jpg
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    Oasis sell more concert tickets than PJ... at least here in the Uk and europe.. and as the OP post was about Oasis doing a club tour in the UK.. can you imagine the clusterfuck there buddy?

Oasis played 2 nights at Knebworth a few years back... they sold all the tickets (some 250,000) in just 9 hours... which at the time was a record... over 2 million people applied for those tickets.

PJ couldnt even sell out venues in the Florida last year...

please save it with the big band stuff... if one of the biggest touring draws in the UK can do a club tour then so can PJ.

I probably should have made a post like this way back at the beginning. Good points all.
  • Options
    PJRock75 wrote:

That poster cost $5 outside a Disney ride in Florida, it's an old souvenir from when I was a kid. How much do the Trekkie fans round here spend on their PJ posters as grown adults?
  • Options
    I divide the world's populace into two halves - 1) people who like Oasis and 2) bloody fookin' wankas.
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Definitely Maybe and (What's the Story) Morning Glory are better than half of Pearl Jam's albums.

I agree with this. And every single Oasis, JET, & Buckcherry album is better than riot act.

Wondered if you'd stumble on this one :) I agree... well, I only have 2 Buckcherry albums but they're both better than Riot Act.
  • Options
    I like all of Pearl Jam's albums better than every album by Oasis.
  • Options
    Pearl Jam wrote:
    Pearl Jam wrote:
    I was at the Vic show also, your pretentiousness is funny or maybe your just not all the way sane and actually thought you were the only one who had tickets. I remember anyway, that security guard with the peppers on his shirt grabbed you by the tie and didn't let you in. That must have been when you sat on the curb and listened to that killer Oasis album you speak of.

Is this supposed to be some sort of logical coherent thought? You edited it 5 times and all you have is rambling nonsense about peppers and sitting on curbs? I know music sounds great on LSD man, but damn...

i showed up at the vic.....to make sure flagg and his wife made it there.....to say hi to people.....to tell everyone "have a great time"....to let everyone know whats going on for the weekend....blah blah blah....

then for a split second....the weekend almost turned real ugly.....

because mr. security guard was going to end up in the hospital.....and i was going to end up in jail....hehehehehehehehehe

thank god common sense took over.....hehehehehehehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    i showed up at the vic.....to make sure flagg and his wife made it there.....to say hi to people.....to tell everyone "have a great time"....to let everyone know whats going on for the weekend....blah blah blah....

because mr. security guard was going to end up in the hospital.....and i was going to end up in jail....hehehehehehehehehe

Glad you held back. He was the security guard from hell and in the end not worth the trouble.
  • Options
    Pearl Jam wrote:

Glad you held back. He was the security guard from hell and in the end not worth the trouble.
    he was a "strange little man"

who i should have charged people $5 (for charity of course) for each time i bodyslammed him to the curb.....

we could have raised tens of thousands of dollars......

hehehehehehehehehehehehehe.................................
  • Options
    Oasis would never be able to sell out a tour in America(Florida or anywhere else)!! and i bet they couldn't sell out MSG 2 nights in a row either!

I like maybe 2 songs from them but RIOT ACT kicks all that shit to the curb..includeing Buck cherry,Jet and the other shit bands mentioned..and PJ isn't even my favorite band..Led Zep is!! But as far as you clowns always talking shit about Riot Act...maybe it's YOU and NOT the album!

one thing that i will never forget..i was watching i think Mtv back in the early '90s and thay had one of the fuck head brothers from Oasis on saying that "Eddie Vedder is just mad that Kurt commited suicide before he did"....after hearing that shit i have always wanted to punch him in his smug fucking face..those two are some of the biggest dick heads in music!! and i don't know where they get off thinking they are all that..because they are run of the mill at best!!

comparing Oasis (anything they have done) to Pearl Jam (Riot Act) is like comparing Kurt Rambis to Michael Jordan...it's a fucking JOKE!!
  • Options
    Oasis would never be able to sell out a tour in America(Florida or anywhere else)!! and i bet they couldn't sell out MSG 2 nights in a row either!

hey Captain America.... did you read my post... i'm not saying they would sell out American venues... your whole argument (or at least the other guys) on this is that it would be a clusterfuck and that PJ are a huge band... they are a huge band, but they dont even sell out shows in their own country... Oasis sell-out every venue they play in Europe and more people watch them than watch PJ... thats fact... they recently sold out MSG in under one hour... thats faster than PJ.

and for the UK...
    http://www.gigwise.com/news/45550/Oasis ... in-An-Hour
    180,000 tickets sold out in under one hour.

1. Oasis just did a club tour in the UK
    2. this is the same Oasis who once sold out Knebworth for 2 nights in under 9 hours.
    3. They have sold out a European stadium tour.. stadiums like Wembley Stadium... again this sold out on the weekend that tickets were released.

so PJ could do a fucking club tour in the US if they so wished... just as Oasis did one in the UK, just as they wished... yes tickets would be hard to get, but certainly no harder than they were for Oasis fans to get tickets to the recent club tour here.
  • Options

I like maybe 2 songs from them but RIOT ACT kicks all that shit to the curb..includeing Buck cherry,Jet and the other shit bands mentioned..and PJ isn't even my favorite band..Led Zep is!! But as far as you clowns always talking shit about Riot Act...maybe it's YOU and NOT the album!

one thing that i will never forget..i was watching i think Mtv back in the early '90s and thay had one of the fuck head brothers from Oasis on saying that "Eddie Vedder is just mad that Kurt commited suicide before he did"....after hearing that shit i have always wanted to punch him in his smug fucking face..those two are some of the biggest dick heads in music!! and i don't know where they get off thinking they are all that..because they are run of the mill at best!!

comparing Oasis (anything they have done) to Pearl Jam (Riot Act) is like comparing Kurt Rambis to Michael Jordan...it's a fucking JOKE!!

Haha, that's some funny shit! I'm guessing that was Liam because that sounds just like something he'd say :)

Go check out the rank the PJ albums thread... Riot Act is consistently one of their lowest rated albums. People have been bitching about it since it came out. It's not just us, it's a mediocre album from a great band. It's ok, it happens to everyone.

No Code
    Vitalogy
    Yield
    Definitely Maybe
    What's the Story Morning Glory
    Vs
    Dont Believe the Truth
    Ten
    Binaural
    Avocado
    Be Here Now
    Standing on the Shoulders of Giants
    Heathen Chemistry
    Riot Act

Also, the Masterplan was the best b-sides album ever... until Lost Dogs!

And PJ could definitely do a club tour. If Oasis can do it in the UK (and if you've never seen clips of them playing over there, it puts the best PJ crowds here to shame), then PJ can do it here.
  • Options
    Where is Dig Out Your Soul?
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

hey Captain America.... did you read my post... i'm not saying they would sell out American venues... your whole argument (or at least the other guys) on this is that it would be a clusterfuck and that PJ are a huge band... they are a huge band, but they dont even sell out shows in their own country... Oasis sell-out every venue they play in Europe and more people watch them than watch PJ... thats fact

1. Oasis just did a club tour in the UK
    2. this is the same Oasis who once sold out Knebworth for 2 nights in under 9 hours.
    3. They have sold out a European stadium tour.. stadiums like Wembley Stadium... again this sold out on the weekend that tickets were released.

so PJ could do a fucking club tour in the US if they so wished... just as Oasis did one in the UK, just as they wished... yes tickets would be hard to get, but certainly no harder than they were for Oasis fans to get tickets to the recent club tour here.

Suprised those two ass captains haven't killed each other by now
    Are they friends this week?

Oasis may be big in the UK...Well lawdy fucking da for Noel and Liam...so is Lilly Allen...and that ain't saying much.

Oasis is not an arena band in NORTH AMERICA...They play theatres.

Pearl Jam plays arenas and sometimes stadiums.

If Pearl Jam was to do a club tour retracing the steps of their first tour in support of their first album...It would obviously be in the United States and Canada.

Tickets would be a major clusterfuck and you are delousional and way off the mark if you think otherwise.

Besides...your wet dream of a tour would never happen regardless.

In case you didn't hear...The band is writing NEW music.

Why in the HOLY FUCK would they ever want to do go back and re-do a club tour they've already done and play all the songs from TEN?

Jesus Christ they'd probably want to slit their fucking wrists after a god aweful pointless tour like that.

Oasis may enjoy that type of shit but like I said earlier.....these are two completley different bands with two completley different personalities.

Pearl Jam is not a band that looks back and gets all nostalgic about the past...They're still a very vital band making new music and that's what interests them these days...not going back and doing a fucking club tour in support of music that was made 20 years ago.

It's the kind of thing that: "If you weren't there to experience it the first time"

TOUGH SHIT!!!!
    Cause it ain't going to happen again
  • Options
    DD164485 wrote:
    Suprised those two ass captains haven't killed each other by now
    Are they friends this week?

Oasis may be big in the UK...Well lawdy fucking da for Noel and Liam...so is Lilly Allen...and that ain't saying much.

Pearl Jam plays arenas and sometimes stadiums.

If Pearl Jam was to do a club tour retracing the steps of their first tour in support of their first album...It would obviously be in the United States and Canada.

Tickets would be a major clusterfuck and you are delousional and way off the mark if you think otherwise.

Besides...your wet dream of a tour would never happen regardless.

In case you didn't hear...The band is writing NEW music.

Why in the HOLY FUCK would they ever want to do go back and re-do a club tour they've already done and play all the songs from TEN?

Jesus Christ they'd probably want to slit their fucking wrists after a god aweful pointless tour like that.

Oasis may enjoy that type of shit but like I said earlier.....these are two completley different bands with two completley different personalities.

Pearl Jam is not a band that looks back and gets all nostalgic about the past...They're still a very vital band making new music and that's what interests them these days...not going back and doing a fucking club tour in support of music that was made 20 years ago.

It's the kind of thing that: "If you weren't there to experience it the first time"

TOUGH SHIT!!!!
    Cause it ain't going to happen again

I don't think anyone said they should do the exact same dates and venues and play the exact same setlists as they did in 91... just do a club tour like the good old days. I think the band would find it rather fun, aside from all the psychos on here that would scream bloody murder about not getting to go to every single show even though they've been a fan since 91 and that they deserve to see every show even if it means newer "fake" fans don't get to see any.

Oasis plays stadiums in the UK. If they can do a club tour, then Pearl Jam can do it in the US.

Britney Spears just sold a ton of albums here in the US and Yield was kept from #1 by the fucking Titanic soundtrack... what was your point about Lily Allen again?
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:

Shit, I knew I'd miss one. I'd probably put it between Be Here Now and Standing the Shoulders of Giants.
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:

Shit, I knew I'd miss one. I'd probably put it between Be Here Now and Standing the Shoulders of Giants.

I'd put it in the toilet and flush it like the shit it is.
  • Options
    U R A Crazy BreedU R A Crazy Breed Posts: 8,370
    edited February 2009
    dunkman wrote:
    hey Captain America.... did you read my post... i'm not saying they would sell out American venues... your whole argument (or at least the other guys) on this is that it would be a clusterfuck and that PJ are a huge band... they are a huge band, but they dont even sell out shows in their own country... Oasis sell-out every venue they play in Europe and more people watch them than watch PJ... thats fact... they recently sold out MSG in under one hour... thats faster than PJ.

so fucking LIL Wayne and 50 cent have more fans right now than PJ & Oasis...does that mean they are better??

there aren't any good groups in Europe & the UK anymore..so it doesn't suprise me Oasis sells out.

When it comes to music..there are a lot more people with bad taste on this planet than with good taste...thus Oasis's popularity.

Go check out the rank the PJ albums thread... Riot Act is consistently one of their lowest rated albums. People have been bitching about it since it came out. It's not just us, it's a mediocre album from a great band. It's ok, it happens to everyone.

I am well aware of what most "fans" think of Riot Act...but even PJ's weakest album is still better than Oasis's best!! that's all i'm saying!!

and a club tour would SUCK..fucking getting decent tix is hard enough already when they are plaing 20,000+ size venues. The Ed tour was a perfect example!

captain_america3.gif

don't fuck with me dunky!! ;):lol::mrgreen:
    Post edited by U R A Crazy Breed on
  • Options
    this song kicks ass....

and im sure oasis is great live......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iul4SBlHIf8
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

"Well...That's just like your opinion man".
  • Options
    JM55546JM55546 Posts: 129

They sold out MSG in December, that's not too shabby.
This discussion has been closed.