Options

pearl jam should learn from oasis

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,017
    LukinFan wrote:
    just because the majority of us hate Oasis, we are all sheep???? That makes no sense. I have given them a try and I did not like them- it's as simple as that.

No, but some of you people might need a little perspective... find something to give your lives meaning outside of obsessing about a rock band or something.
    says the person who has over 8,000 posts
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    LukinFan wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    just because the majority of us hate Oasis, we are all sheep???? That makes no sense. I have given them a try and I did not like them- it's as simple as that.

No, but some of you people might need a little perspective... find something to give your lives meaning outside of obsessing about a rock band or something.

ehhhhh you have 9600... ;)

yes i know i have more... but i dont talk about PJ much.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    LukinFan wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

Wow, haven't heard that one before. Your originality is stunning. Got to hand it to you though... balls of steel to make that comment while you're sitting just shy of 10,000 yourself.

Yes, I waste a lot of time here. I don't, however, suffer from aneurysms caused by other people's musical tastes.

You are the reason I wish the 10c would do away with seniority and their buy-in message board. A lot of people say PJ fans are so cool, but they're wrong. Most PJ fans are complete tools barely a cut above Trekkies.
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    demetrios wrote:
    Pearl Jam should NEVER learn from that garbage of a band called Oasis.

Definitely Maybe and (What's the Story) Morning Glory are better than half of Pearl Jam's albums.

The first sentence is simple the truth..
    ..the second sentence I think it's a joke.. Please, tell me that it's a joke
  • Options
    SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    Maybe they could do some 10C Club shows in addition to the big shows with kind of a lottery (Never had any luck with that kind of ticket distribution) for members. Just hate trying to refresh my browser for hours and days.
  • Options
    Surf RiderSurf Rider Posts: 813
    edited February 2009
    LukinFan wrote:

But just to piss you all off... I was at the Vic show. Na na na na na. I had even listened to an Oasis CD earlier that day.

I was at the Vic show also, your pretentiousness is funny or maybe your just not all the way sane and actually thought you were the only one who had tickets. I remember anyway, that security guard with the peppers on his shirt grabbed you by the tie and didn't let you in. That must have been when you sat on the curb and listened to that killer Oasis album you speak of.
    Post edited by Surf Rider on
  • Options
    Pearl Jam should keep doing what they do best. They seem to have it under control.
  • Options
    andrewbandrewb Posts: 487
    this entire thread is ridiculous. Oasis??? really???
    PJ
    6/03/06 6/24/08 6/25/08 6/28/08 8/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 3/13/10 5/15/10 5/18/10 5/20/10 5/21/10 9/3/11 9/4/11 9/2/12 10/18/13 10/19/13 10/25/13 10/22/14 9/26/15 5/1/16 5/2/16 8/5/16 8/7/16 8/20/16 4/7/17

Ed Ved
    8/5/08 6/12/09 6/21/11 6/22/11

Brad
    5/23/12

Soundgarden
    7/9/11 1/23/13 8/1/14

RNDM
    3/7/16
  • Options
    StaffanStaffan Posts: 606
    [/quote]
    says the person who has over 8,000 posts[/quote]

Wow, haven't heard that one before. Your originality is stunning. Got to hand it to you though... balls of steel to make that comment while you're sitting just shy of 10,000 yourself.

Yes, I waste a lot of time here. I don't, however, suffer from aneurysms caused by other people's musical tastes.

You are the reason I wish the 10c would do away with seniority and their buy-in message board. A lot of people say PJ fans are so cool, but they're wrong. Most PJ fans are complete tools barely a cut above Trekkies.[/quote]

so you don't suffer from aneurysms are you, but clearly suffering from bad manners, calling most PJ fans tools.. why such a statement, especially on a PJ fan message board, I just don't get it...sorry
    Everyday................is Pearl Jam Day.

Except Sundays, that's Ed day.

The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open. FZ

• Options
    Stu42Stu42 Posts: 178
    this thread makes no sense...yes people are entitled to their own opinion, but you are on a pj message board trying to tell us that oasis is better. let me say that again, a PJ message board. Why would you come here and expect to have people back you up, and if all of these people are sheep....why are you here? You may not be crazy for liking oasis, but you seem a little insane for expecting to get backed up here...
  • Options

A lot of people say PJ fans are so cool, but they're wrong. Most PJ fans are complete tools barely a cut above Trekkies.

you're right....we do have some clown on here saying Oasis has made better albums than PJ...and because rational people with musical taste disagree..we are called sheep,tools & Trekkies.

people can say it's just opinion, but i say it's fact...like fire being hot isn't opinion, it's a fact. Same with Pearl Jam being batter than Oasis..it's not opinion..it's a fucking fact!! (no matter what albums you are talking about)

not to mention that the dudes in Oasis are just straight up assholes and they think much too highly of themselves!
  • Options
    Pearl Jam wrote:

I was at the Vic show also, your pretentiousness is funny or maybe your just not all the way sane and actually thought you were the only one who had tickets. I remember anyway, that security guard with the peppers on his shirt grabbed you by the tie and didn't let you in. That must have been when you sat on the curb and listened to that killer Oasis album you speak of.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,758
    demetrios wrote:
    Pearl Jam should NEVER learn from that garbage of a band called Oasis.

Absolutely.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,017

You are the reason I wish the 10c would do away with seniority and their buy-in message board. A lot of people say PJ fans are so cool, but they're wrong. Most PJ fans are complete tools barely a cut above Trekkies.
    ACTUALLY I had over 10,000 on the other board- I lost a few ;)

Anyway, my whole point is that you said that people here need to get a life and stop obsessing over a rock band- but apparently you're here all the time too with a post count that high. I KNOW I'm here all the time- I'm not denying that at all.

And if MOST PJ fans are such tools, then why are you here so often??? I'm not trying to start an argument with you, but you're making no sense at all
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Oasis....hmmmm....I like some of their music, and think they are a decent band, but they really are nothing compared to PJ. The thing that proved it most to me was seeing them live. We paid $60 a ticket, which at the time was more than PJ was charging, and drove a few hours to go see them and Jet. Jet was ok, typical opening band about 45 minutes to an hour, then your typical 20-30 minute wait for the headliner, and Oasis came out and played for about 55 MINUTES!!@#@?!@?#@?#?!?!? We left that show thinking that it was lacking a little something, gee I wonder what that was, maybe a second set?? Seems to me that Oasis isn't in it for the right reasons, and while they may have some decent music, it isn't good enough to make up for the fact that they are huge assholes who care nothing about anything but themselves.
  • Options
    QT31085 wrote:
    at the ten year mark (i think) for definitely maybe oasis did a club tour (of sorts) in the UK. i think pearl jam should something similar. they're making a big deal about reissuing Ten. why not retrace their first tour of the west coast or something of the sort?

how amazing would that be?

just to remind ourselves what this thread was about ;)

a club tour would be great.....we have a few nice places in Sweden as well :o
    just imagine an acoustic gig at this place (PJ that is :lol: )

http://www.nefertiti.se/about/

It's my fave spot, mainly jazz & stuff though :ugeek:

• Options
    they could do tickets like tom waits did on his most recent tour. had to show up with the credit card and ID and be let in right then and there.

or

do like smashing pumpkins did when they played a weeks worth of shows at the fillmore. no tickets. just wait in line.
  • Options
    QT31085 wrote:
    they could do tickets like tom waits did on his most recent tour. had to show up with the credit card and ID and be let in right then and there.

or

do like smashing pumpkins did when they played a weeks worth of shows at the fillmore. no tickets. just wait in line.

any which way.....as long as I get in :D

• Options
    Stu42 wrote:
    this thread makes no sense...yes people are entitled to their own opinion, but you are on a pj message board trying to tell us that oasis is better. let me say that again, a PJ message board. Why would you come here and expect to have people back you up, and if all of these people are sheep....why are you here? You may not be crazy for liking oasis, but you seem a little insane for expecting to get backed up here...

Where did I say Oasis was better? I said two of their albums are better than some of Pearl Jam's mediocre albums (I'm looking at you Riot Act). I know it's tough to find time between listening to one's 400th bootleg and spanking it to the latest poster in one's collection... but we CAN listen to other music and rate it highly.

I'm here partly because I like the band's music a lot, but mostly I linger for the political discussion and the good suggestions in the other music forum. Sometimes I venture here to the Porch to poke fun at the Trekkies that take this stuff WAY too seriously, as if questioning anything by the band is heretical and worthy of a good stake-burning.
  • Options
    Pearl Jam wrote:

Is this supposed to be some sort of logical coherent thought? You edited it 5 times and all you have is rambling nonsense about peppers and sitting on curbs? I know music sounds great on LSD man, but damn...
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    ACTUALLY I had over 10,000 on the other board- I lost a few ;)

Anyway, my whole point is that you said that people here need to get a life and stop obsessing over a rock band- but apparently you're here all the time too with a post count that high. I KNOW I'm here all the time- I'm not denying that at all.

And if MOST PJ fans are such tools, then why are you here so often??? I'm not trying to start an argument with you, but you're making no sense at all

I'm here posting mostly in other music... where people are allowed and encouraged to talk about things other than the gospel of PJ and blind, psychotic allegiance to one band and only one band is discouraged... and in the Moving Train, for the fun political debates. The people over there are generally pretty cool and reasonable. I came because I love the band, I stuck around because I enjoyed what was going on over there.

But the people here on the Porch... really need to get a grip on reality. 8000 posts about politics, all kinds of music, literature, film, and whatever else comes up is really not that hard to do. But thousands of posts about nothing other than PJ... that's a little scary. "There's much more than this"...
  • Options
    vierello wrote:
    Oasis....hmmmm....I like some of their music, and think they are a decent band, but they really are nothing compared to PJ. The thing that proved it most to me was seeing them live. We paid $60 a ticket, which at the time was more than PJ was charging, and drove a few hours to go see them and Jet. Jet was ok, typical opening band about 45 minutes to an hour, then your typical 20-30 minute wait for the headliner, and Oasis came out and played for about 55 MINUTES!!@#@?!@?#@?#?!?!? We left that show thinking that it was lacking a little something, gee I wonder what that was, maybe a second set?? Seems to me that Oasis isn't in it for the right reasons, and while they may have some decent music, it isn't good enough to make up for the fact that they are huge assholes who care nothing about anything but themselves.

No doubt they're a rather underwhelming live band, though I hear it's a totally different atmosphere if you see them on their own turf in the UK. They don't hold a candle to PJ... PJ is the best live band on the planet.

But I'd still rather see an Oasis show if PJ was just going to play Riot Act and a bunch of filler from the last 3-4 albums. Which is why I'm cool with a club show as long as the band will do it like the Showbox, where they play a real set, rather than the Vic, which was just a way to appease hardcore psychotic fans that might have rushed the stage at Lollapalooza to murder the band for the lack of rarities in their festival set.
  • Options
    Surf RiderSurf Rider Posts: 813
    edited February 2009
    Pearl Jam wrote:

Is this supposed to be some sort of logical coherent thought? You edited it 5 times and all you have is rambling nonsense about peppers and sitting on curbs? I know music sounds great on LSD man, but damn...

I knew you didn't have tickets. Everyone who was in that line knows about the security guard with the peppers on his shirt. You busted yourself pal.
    Post edited by Surf Rider on
  • Options
    KravenKraven Posts: 829
    ...Which is why I'm cool with a club show as long as the band will do it like the Showbox, where they play a real set, rather than the Vic, which was just a way to appease hardcore psychotic fans that might have rushed the stage at Lollapalooza to murder the band for the lack of rarities in their festival set.

That was the point of the Vic, it was to appease the crazies, since they were only playing Lolla in the states that year. If they were to do a club tour it would most likely that they move their show now into a smaller setting.

And anyone who thought there would be any rarities at Lolla was kind of set up to be disappointed, although they did play Education if I am not mistaken.
    32 shows and counting...
  • Options
    I like the idea of small shows... and I'm jealous of those of you who have been so lucky! But everytime there is a small show I think of how many more fans would be able to experience show at a bigger venue. PJ rocks too much to leave people out in the cold!
    9/1/2005, 7/3/2006, 7/6/2006, 7/22/2006, 7/23/2006, 9/21/2009, 9/22/2009
  • Options
    i love the BS tangents people have gone off on. the entire point about them "learning from oasis" was that oasis went back and did a small club tour during some anniversery (i may have been mistaken on it being for DM). but damn people. get a grip!
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,750
    Not a fan of Oasis, but agree that a small PJ club tour would be AWESOME.

And Noel Gallagher does give a great interview. I remember reading one where he said to his brother, "Well, you've been pretending to be John Lennon your whole life, now it's time to prove it." Classic.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    Pearl Jam wrote:
    I knew you didn't have tickets. Everyone who was in that line knows about the security guard with the peppers on his shirt. You busted yourself pal.

Perhaps those of us who weren't sleeping in front of the venue in the hopes ed would sweat on them didn't have any issues with security guards. I sure as hell didn't pay any attention to security. The line to get in wasn't really one of the defining moments of my life.

But you're right, clearly since I didn't have an intimate relationship with the pepper man, I wasn't there. My girlfriend will be so disappointed to know we didn't actually attend that show :(

Still, I wonder where the hell I got this from:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4 ... d=12432276
  • Options
    KravenKraven Posts: 829
    Pearl Jam wrote:

But you're right, clearly since I didn't have an intimate relationship with the pepper man, I wasn't there.

What the hell is this pepper man, I was at the show and have no idea who the pepper man is.

I guess because I got there right as doors opened I didn't get to experience the "fun" of waiting in line all day. I had much more fun waiting all day in the heat at Lollapalooza...
    32 shows and counting...
This discussion has been closed.