Options

pearl jam should learn from oasis

QT31085QT31085 Posts: 33
edited February 2009 in The Porch
at the ten year mark (i think) for definitely maybe oasis did a club tour (of sorts) in the UK. i think pearl jam should something similar. they're making a big deal about reissuing Ten. why not retrace their first tour of the west coast or something of the sort?

how amazing would that be?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091
    QT31085 wrote:
    at the ten year mark (i think) for definitely maybe oasis did a club tour (of sorts) in the UK. i think pearl jam should something similar. they're making a big deal about reissuing Ten. why not retrace their first tour of the west coast or something of the sort?

That would be a pretty cool idea. Just imagine how hard it would be to get tickets for those shows...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    BeerBaron wrote:
    QT31085 wrote:

That would be a pretty cool idea. Just imagine how hard it would be to get tickets for those shows...
    yea the scalpers would have a field day with these tickets as would some 10c members
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,028
    Oasis can still get away with playing club shows, PJ on the other hand....not so much
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    I would love to see Pearl Jam playing in a small club but they are way too popular to do a small club tour. Tickets would be near impossible to get. :?
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    I would love to see Pearl Jam playing in a small club but they are way too popular to do a small club tour. Tickets would be near impossible to get. :?

Especially since the same 500 10c members would go to every single show.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,821
    Pearl Jam should NEVER learn from that garbage of a band called Oasis.
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    demetrios wrote:

Amen!!!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    allstar340allstar340 NYC Posts: 804
    demetrios wrote:
    Agreed. Oasis is terrible.
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,579
    I see your point, but no one has commented on the fact that Pearl Jam's 10 year anniversary was in 2001 (going from release of Ten). We are 8 years too late.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2,

• Options
    demetrios wrote:

Definitely Maybe and (What's the Story) Morning Glory are better than half of Pearl Jam's albums.
  • Options
    StaffanStaffan Posts: 606
    demetrios wrote:

Definitely Maybe and (What's the Story) Morning Glory are better than half of Pearl Jam's albums.

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no NO !
    they just keep on and on and on and on and on on every song.......quit already.......nice riff you came up with but PLEASE just STOP repeating it over and over and over until infinity.....
    Everyday................is Pearl Jam Day.

Except Sundays, that's Ed day.

The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open. FZ

• Options
    PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 868
    demetrios wrote:

BINGO!! You stole the words out of my mouth.
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options

Credibility just left you quicker than Usain Bolt from the Olympic starting blocks.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    demetrios wrote:

they could learn how to do interviews instead of boring us to death with politics/bush/*insert agenda here*... at least when you read a Noel Gallagher interview you know it'll be entertaining and funny... I can't remember the last time i watched/read a Pearl Jam interview that was anywhere near as good as an Oasis one.

and Definitely Maybe is one of the best 5 albums of all time in my opinion.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    demetrios wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options

you need to loosen your tie buddy...it's cutting off circulation to your brain.
  • Options

you need to loosen your tie buddy...it's cutting off circulation to your brain.

:lol:
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    this is where all the PJ fanatics will have a field day without giving one single thought to that fact that some people can like Oasis MORE than PJ... or that some people think some of Oasis' albums are actually better than PJs.

sheep_tv.jpg
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    StaffanStaffan Posts: 606
    dunkman wrote:
    this is where all the PJ fanatics will have a field day without giving one single thought to that fact that some people can like Oasis MORE than PJ... or that some people think some of Oasis' albums are actually better than PJs.

sheep_tv.jpg

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, mine is that Oasis sucks, I own the albums mentioned earlier but I find them very dated, and also as I stated before, just because you come up with a great riff (which Noel does quite often) they don't have to kill it by playing it solid for 5 minutes or more, a little like the Stone roses did back in the day.

I meant no offense to anyone ;)
    Everyday................is Pearl Jam Day.

Except Sundays, that's Ed day.

The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open. FZ

• Options
    dunkman wrote:

sheep_tv.jpg
    just because the majority of us hate Oasis, we are all sheep???? That makes no sense. I have given them a try and I did not like them- it's as simple as that.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    dunkman wrote:

sheep_tv.jpg

i've given plenty of thought to people liking Oasis more than Pearl Jam and this is what i came up with..

crazy_man_straight_jacket_hg_blk.gif
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

sheep_tv.jpg

i've given plenty of thought to people liking Oasis more than Pearl Jam and this is what i came up with..

crazy_man_straight_jacket_hg_blk.gif

why? because they like a different band than we do?

there are people out there who like The Carpenters more than PJ... i couldnt care... i wouldnt call them crazy... more that they like a different type of music.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

why? because they like a different band than we do?

there are people out there who like The Carpenters more than PJ... i couldnt care... i wouldnt call them crazy... more that they like a different type of music.

you're right...some people just have shitty taste! :lol::lol:

toilet3_QvBCB_1333.jpg
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    demetrios wrote:

:lol::lol:
    D, you truely are a GOD!!

I couldn't have put it any better!!
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,364
    demetrios wrote:

If PJ had learned from Oasis they would have released a half decent debut album and then turned to shit!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    PJPATPJPAT Posts: 399
    Back to the subject at hand, yes, a club tour would be great. I would like to see Oasis at a small club too.

People have different opinions in music so leave it at that.

Pearl Jam at the Metro this summer would be fine by me. As long as I get tickets of course.
    "All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,364
    PJPAT wrote:
    Back to the subject at hand, yes, a club tour would be great. I would like to see Oasis at a small club too.

People have different opinions in music so leave it at that.

Pearl Jam at the Metro this summer would be fine by me. As long as I get tickets of course.

(Oasis-hating aside) I agree, I'd love to see Pearl Jam at a small club again. I was at The Vic and The Astoria gigs and they were two of the best shows I've ever seen by any band.

There were a LOT of ticket-less fans outside though...
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    just because the majority of us hate Oasis, we are all sheep???? That makes no sense. I have given them a try and I did not like them- it's as simple as that.

No, but some of you people might need a little perspective... find something to give your lives meaning outside of obsessing about a rock band or something.

But just to piss you all off... I was at the Vic show. Na na na na na. I had even listened to an Oasis CD earlier that day.
  • Options
    Pearl Jam wrote:

Credibility just left you quicker than Usain Bolt from the Olympic starting blocks.

Ah, you're one of those people eh? Your pretension exceeds that of the Gallagher brothers... the difference being at least their tongues are firmly planted in cheek. :roll:
This discussion has been closed.