Options

pearl jam should learn from oasis

Comments

• Options
    the vic.... remember how that went for tickets?
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    i have seven star wars posters on my wall... and i love oasis... i also love pearl jam... and my finger hurts!
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    and i will have a bloody mary... a steak sandwich... and a... steak sandwich!- fletch-1985!
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,669

after a few attempts at checking out, the process went well - it's the 48 hours of anxiety leading up to the sale that had me physically sick right up to the concert itself haha,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Pearl Jam wrote:
    Well your good at putting words in other people's mouth atleast. Pearl Jam is not the only band I listen to. I just think Oasis sucks. Also even you can't name Buckcherry without just putting the name, you gotta add "yes even" with it. I think your getting me and some of the others in this thread mixed up. I am not doing anything other than saying Oasis sucks. Not comparing statistics on who sells out in under 27 minutes in Florida. Oasis is a bad band that's all I'm saying.

You didn't just say Oasis sucks. You made personal insults to me based on the fact that I like them. That's as lame as that joke about Coldplay in 40-year Old Virgin. I had to qualify Buckcherry because I know there are people like you that spank it to Pitchfork nightly that would give me hell for it. And it's true. I'll take Buckcherry's self-titled album over Riot Act any day of the week. Riot Act sucks. Pearl Jam's my favorite band, but facts are facts... there's a reason the band has left 90% of that record on the shelf the past few tours... even they know the songs are weak.
  • Options
    PJRock75 wrote:
    Oh, if it's for nostalgic reasons then it's ok then....wait, isn't that what concert posters are for too? And it still doesn't change the fact that you have a STAR WARS poster on your wall (as an adult), no matter how much it cost (was that even an issue...that's irrelevant). Now that I think of it, Star wars fans are more Trekkie than Trekkies are :ugeek:

Once again, I don't mean to come off like I'm picking on you (you probably a good guy), but I still feel like I had to correct any hypocracy that I noticed.

So the people on here spending $100 on a poster for a show they've never been to... that's a souvenir? How is it a souvenir if you weren't there and had nothing to do with it? Trekkies are people that go to conventions and obsessively collect shit. A few random souvenirs and gifts does not make a Trekkie. You must be a Trekkie though, the way you're defensing them. I don't know any star wars fans weird enough to do something like learn Klingon speech. I do know PJ fans weird enough to speak only in lyrics quotes, drop thousands on posters for shows they never attended, stock entire ipods with 80gb of live PJ, and bankrupt their families to get front row seats to 20 straight shows. That's not healthy, and those are the people that would ruin any shot at the band doing a club show because those people would be bitching to high heaven about not getting the memorabilia they want or not getting primo seats to every show like they feel they're entitled to because they delude themselves into thinking that even Riot Act is better than any album any other band has ever done.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,669
    edited February 2009
    PJRock75 wrote:
    Oh, if it's for nostalgic reasons then it's ok then....wait, isn't that what concert posters are for too? And it still doesn't change the fact that you have a STAR WARS poster on your wall (as an adult), no matter how much it cost (was that even an issue...that's irrelevant). Now that I think of it, Star wars fans are more Trekkie than Trekkies are :ugeek:

Once again, I don't mean to come off like I'm picking on you (you probably a good guy), but I still feel like I had to correct any hypocracy that I noticed.

So the people on here spending $100 on a poster for a show they've never been to... that's a souvenir? How is it a souvenir if you weren't there and had nothing to do with it? Trekkies are people that go to conventions and obsessively collect shit. A few random souvenirs and gifts does not make a Trekkie. You must be a Trekkie though, the way you're defensing them. I don't know any star wars fans weird enough to do something like learn Klingon speech. I do know PJ fans weird enough to speak only in lyrics quotes, drop thousands on posters for shows they never attended, stock entire ipods with 80gb of live PJ, and bankrupt their families to get front row seats to 20 straight shows. That's not healthy, and those are the people that would ruin any shot at the band doing a club show because those people would be bitching to high heaven about not getting the memorabilia they want or not getting primo seats to every show like they feel they're entitled to because they delude themselves into thinking that even Riot Act is better than any album any other band has ever done.

this thread is wack, stop "defensing" it,...

BTW, SoulSinging, if it's cool with you i'd like you to email your avatar to me in gif format. i'll have the image printed up and pressed on a tee-shirt, which i'll then bring to the very next PJ concert i'm at and have passed on to the band with a note attached that reads:

"he defends you from Trekkies, bow down bitches!"
    Post edited by 100 Pacer on
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,028
    100 Pacer wrote:

BTW, SoulSinging, if it's cool with you i'd like you to email your avatar to me in gif format. i'll have the image printed up and pressed on a tee-shirt, which i'll then bring to the very next PJ concert i'm at and have passed on to the band with a note attached that reads:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Okay guys!!!!

This thread is amusing. I agree with soulsinging, yes, people obsess on here far too much! I seriously thought I was a crazy f"n PJ fan until I started over here on this board.

There is other fine music out there...Pearl Jam is our favorite band, if it wasn't we wouldn't be here....
    I will admit, I like Oasis....I also have a crush on Jay-Z and listen to Kanye West....

It is funny how you guys are questioning each other in this way....Be cool guys!

Soulsinging...just because you spend your time sipping tea and talking politics underneath your Star Wars poster, doesn't mean that the people over here on the porch are not cultured....you make us sound like we are sitting over here with our hands up our asses waiting for Eddie Vedder to come on here and reply to our posts!!! :lol:

Oh yeah......I would LOVE it if the band would retrace their start and do some small club shows...It could happen! :D
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    100 Pacer wrote:

You never know, they might appreciate the help.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/ ... _pearl_jam

Ever read that one? Where Ed talks about purposefully derailing the band's sound because some psycho fan crashed her car into his house? Were some of you at the Vic? Did you see people snapping photos of his wife and daughter like the world's sleaziest paparazzi? The fact is, some of these fans are creepy and need to get a grip. They're the ones that would make a club tour impossible for the rest of us :( So yeah, I've got a bit of a grudge I guess...
    Post edited by soulsinging on
  • Options
    funnygirl wrote:
    Okay guys!!!!

This thread is amusing. I agree with soulsinging, yes, people obsess on here far too much! I seriously thought I was a crazy f"n PJ fan until I started over here on this board.

There is other fine music out there...Pearl Jam is our favorite band, if it wasn't we wouldn't be here....
    I will admit, I like Oasis....I also have a crush on Jay-Z and listen to Kanye West....

It is funny how you guys are questioning each other in this way....Be cool guys!

Soulsinging...just because you spend your time sipping tea and talking politics underneath your Star Wars poster, doesn't mean that the people over here on the porch are not cultured....you make us sound like we are sitting over here with our hands up our asses waiting for Eddie Vedder to come on here and reply to our posts!!! :lol:

I suspect there are a fair number here that do exactly that, hoping for the day Ed will send them a "Biggest Fan" award ;)

Not everyone on the porch is like that, but the proportion is higher than any other forum on here!

Jay-z is awesome, by the by. I think I'm going to go put on Reasonable Doubt.
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    If they could only get those groovy haircuts.....

oasis2.jpg

They might if they hang out with these guys a little bit more. :)

Kings_080109090655062_wideweb__300x375.jpg
    NERDS!
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    100 Pacer wrote:

You never know, they might appreciate the help.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/ ... _pearl_jam

Ever read that one? Where Ed talks about purposefully derailing the band's sound because some psycho fan crashed her car into his house? Were some of you at the Vic? Did you see people snapping photos of his wife and daughter like the world's sleaziest paparazzi? The fact is, some of these fans are creepy and need to get a grip. They're the ones that would make a club tour impossible for the rest of us :( So yeah, I've got a bit of a grudge I guess...
    :evil: This is correct. It's the part of the PJ Scene that drives me bonkers.
    NERDS!
  • Options

You didn't just say Oasis sucks. You made personal insults to me based on the fact that I like them. That's as lame as that joke about Coldplay in 40-year Old Virgin. I had to qualify Buckcherry because I know there are people like you that spank it to Pitchfork nightly that would give me hell for it. And it's true. I'll take Buckcherry's self-titled album over Riot Act any day of the week. Riot Act sucks. Pearl Jam's my favorite band, but facts are facts... there's a reason the band has left 90% of that record on the shelf the past few tours... even they know the songs are weak.

personal insults? I thought I only made a 1 sentence attempt at a joke. I had no idea you had blood pressure problems or I would have skipped what you typed like I'll start doing from now on. Take the meds and get well my friend. Peace.
  • Options

Jay-z is awesome

so i see you know nothing about rap music either.

Jay-Z & Oasis.....hahahahahahahahahah...Buck Cherry...hahahahahahahahahahaha...

• Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    it wasn't part of a tour, and half the venue wasn't sold anyway (upstairs was VIP).
    plus it's a really small club, they could do larger clubs (3000-5000).
  • Options
    solace23solace23 Posts: 704
    The only thing Pearl Jam can learn from Oasis is how to make shit records and be twats!!
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734

Ladies & gentlemen, when I talk about "The Jamily," these folks are exactly who I am talking about. The Jamily & their Jamily Posters.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    The term "Jamily" = logo.gif
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Of course it is. That's why it's directed at who it is directed at.

I know of someone, in a land far away, who got to a venue early. This person went up to a poster vendor booth (before they opened) and asked, "Do you know about The Jamily & their posters?"

The vendor replied (eyes rolling), "Yes....we've heard."
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    fanch75 wrote:
    Of course it is. That's why it's directed at who it is directed at.

I know of someone, in a land far away, who got to a venue early. This person went up to a poster vendor booth (before they opened) and asked, "Do you know about The Jamily & their posters?"

The vendor replied (eyes rolling), "Yes....we've heard."

that was like the poster queue in Dublin... i only wanted a fucking t-shirt... this guy was buying everything there... and he pushed me so hard my ribs were bashed against the edge of the counter... i was bruised for days after that.

that guy can no longer have kids...

silver lining and all that. :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options

What I know is that sometimes life doesn't have to be taken so seriously and you can relax, remove that stick from the ass, and have what Jack Irons called "a mindless good time." That's what those groups do for me.

Though to be honest, I've been listening mostly to Tribe Called Quest and Ray Lamontagne/Mark Lanegan this week. Maybe the latter is why I'm feeling so hopeless about humanity?
  • Options
    What I know is that sometimes life doesn't have to be taken so seriously and you can relax, remove that stick from the ass, and have what Jack Irons called "a mindless good time." That's what those groups do for me.

Though to be honest, I've been listening mostly to Tribe Called Quest and Ray Lamontagne/Mark Lanegan this week. Maybe the latter is why I'm feeling so hopeless about humanity?

America has had too much of a mindless good time...that's why we are where we are now..i prefer a cerebral
    experience (with booze :mrgreen: )

Tribe is kinda ok...check out some Gangg Starr or Immortal Technique..those are some of my favorites.
  • Options

I enjoy mindless good times often..... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    funnygirl wrote:

well you are blond.............(sorry...couldn't resist) :lol::lol:
  • Options
    funnygirl wrote:

Of course YOU couldn't
  • Options
    .PatRiot. wrote:
    Of course YOU couldn't

FuckOFF.jpg
  • Options
    funnygirl wrote:

We must be kindred spirits :)
  • Options
    funnygirl wrote:

I rather enjoy being blond....It gives me an excuse for doing mindless things...
    Also guys, being mean is very unattractive.......Let's all be friends here :D
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    As a European fan of both Pearl Jam and Oasis I am pretty sure Oasis is NOT THAT BIG IN EUROPE ANYMORE!

OK, they are still huge in Britain (except for selling records) but come on there are even more haters than fans of theirs. And Coldplay, Mr. Wanker Williams and even those pussies (Take That) are lot bigger acts but that’s only the shame of the British taste in music.

Anyone who says Oasis sell out stadiums on the continent here has no fuckin idea what happens outside UK or Scotland or just too Oasis psyco obsessive.

Actually they don't really play in stadiums or even bigger venues than Pearl Jam did back in 2006.
    They can't even sell out the Vienna arena in 6 months (however there is no other Oasis show in Eastern Europe...lol!)

I know PJ sells out Asia , Australia and even South America shows so then what's the point about Oasis is bigger there?

For the correctness let’s compare Stop The Clocks to Rearviewmirror (instead of Lost Dogs which is only comparable to The Masterplan). And by the way what are your exact sources you refer?

Oasis are trying very hard to be as popular as they were in 1994-1997, while Pearl Jam doesn’t really give a fuck about it. That’s a huge difference if you ask me.

The Wembley arena/stadium comparison is fake because PJ are not from Britain…remember???

But what should we expect someone who thinks only British festivals rule and can’t even name any other on the continent? :D
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
This discussion has been closed.