• Maybe that is why is got so fat.
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    mca47 wrote:
    F'n Cubs!

On a side note...
    Soto tested positive for pot.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns

Heard that, what a piece of shit!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    So the rumors now are the Cubs trying to get back DeRosa.

If this is the case, what a dumb f'n organization! If they get him back you know it's going to cost them 2x as much as what it would have cost to re-sign him.
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    what a pathetic year....I bet we get swept by the Sox this weekend.
    Sawyer wrote:

I will be surprised if we take one from them!

Bunch of bums!
    mca47 wrote:
    Sawyer wrote:

Bunch of bums!

By the way, if we get swept this weekend I'm changing my icon/avatar!
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    mca47 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Sawyer wrote:

Bunch of bums!

By the way, if we get swept this weekend I'm changing my icon/avatar!

Well mca, I hope I see a new avatar from you on Monday morning. :D You can change it to a Bears one....training camp starts in another month!

Pretty excited for this weekend. The other series didn't seem to have the same intensity since it was during the week. I'm sure this one will pick it up since it's a beautiful weekend.

Pretty excited for this weekend. The other series didn't seem to have the same intensity since it was during the week. I'm sure this one will pick it up since it's a beautiful weekend.

I agree, the previous series was pretty dull.

I just think that since both teams are on the side of sucking this year, the excitement is also lacking.

This should be as close to a playoff atmosphere either team will see this year! :lol:

Go Cubs!
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    mca47 wrote:

I agree, the previous series was pretty dull.

I just think that since both teams are on the side of sucking this year, the excitement is also lacking.

This should be as close to a playoff atmosphere either team will see this year! :lol:

Go Cubs!

Yeah, both teams being mediocre doesn't really help things out. We're just lucky both teams are in shit divisions and aren't completely out of it.
    Geo with the big HR!!!
    Here come the Cubs blowing another lead....fuck this team...they are getting no more of my money.
    Sawyer wrote:
    Here come the Cubs blowing another lead....fuck this team...they are getting no more of my money.

LOL!

Bottom of the 9th.

Let's see how many that POS Gregg gives up!!!! :evil: :lol:
    Cubs win!
    Cubs win!
    Cubs win!
    mca47 wrote:
    Cubs win!
    Cubs win!
    Cubs win!

in typical Cub fashion nonetheless, and the class act Milton Bradley left the stadium after being pulled in the 6th:)
    Sawyer wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Cubs win!
    Cubs win!
    Cubs win!

in typical Cub fashion nonetheless, and the class act Milton Bradley left the stadium after being pulled in the 6th:)

Apparently after that last fly out, he went into the dugout and beat up the Gatorade cooler. He then stormed off into the tunnel where Lou followed him and told him to go home!

Good for you Lou!

Sad thing is that I'm almost certain MB will start tomorrow. Ugh!
  • Would he really be missed if they dropped him? He has not done anything to help this team win a game, and has probably cost them a few (1,2,3). Worst mistake Hendry has made.
    Would he really be missed if they dropped him? He has not done anything to help this team win a game, and has probably cost them a few (1,2,3). Worst mistake Hendry has made.

I'm pretty sure nobody would even know if he wasn't there.
  • Just watched Lou's press conference. You can tell that he has had enough of this guy, I remember hearing that Lou never wanted him in the first place. BBTN said it best: There is a reason that he has been on 7 teams in 10 years.
    Just watched Lou's press conference. You can tell that he has had enough of this guy, I remember hearing that Lou never wanted him in the first place. BBTN said it best: There is a reason that he has been on 7 teams in 10 years.

Maybe he didn't but we will know for sure if Lou mans up and benches his bitch ass tomorrow. Personally I think Lou is too much of a pussy to bench him. I base this on the fact that he still has that peice of shit Soriano batting leadoff or playing at all for that matter. Fox and HP should be starting everyday!!! Nice win today, but get the crap (Bradley and Soriano) out of our lineup.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    pureoc wrote:
    Just watched Lou's press conference. You can tell that he has had enough of this guy, I remember hearing that Lou never wanted him in the first place. BBTN said it best: There is a reason that he has been on 7 teams in 10 years.

Maybe he didn't but we will know for sure if Lou mans up and benches his bitch ass tomorrow. Personally I think Lou is too much of a pussy to bench him. I base this on the fact that he still has that peice of shit Soriano batting leadoff or playing at all for that matter. Fox and HP should be starting everyday!!! Nice win today, but get the crap (Bradley and Soriano) out of our lineup.

I'll bet a lot of money Bradley starts.

Too bad they aren't playing in Wrigley, because they'd give Bradley and earful!!!
    From the Trib today...
    :shock:
    The guy is a NUT!!!

Milton Bradley uncomfortable with his fit on Chicago Cubs
    Before latest incident, he was looking for clubhouse camaraderie.

Before throwing his helmet and the sports drink cooler, before getting into a heated exchange with manager Lou Piniella and before being sent home in the sixth inning, Milton Bradley spoke candidly of his feeling of isolation in the Cubs clubhouse.

"This isn't me," Bradley told the Tribune before his confrontation with Piniella. "I've always excelled at playing baseball, and to come here and suck like I have, it's just not a good feeling. And there's really not one guy who I can sit and talk to. I've been on teams where I have guys I know, or somebody I can just vent to."

Derrek Lee has a locker next to Bradley and they speak frequently. So why not vent to Lee?

"We just don't have that bond," he replied. "'D-Lee' is cool. He's quiet. But things change. I had a good rapport with [fired hitting coach Gerald Perry]. I trusted Gerald and I could talk to him, and he's gone. I think I clicked with [ex-Cub outfielder Joey] Gathright, and he's gone. So you just kind of feel like you're on an island, and trying to stay afloat."
    Bradley said the Cubs are a "good group of guys," but he hasn't formed any real relationships yet.

"The teammates, they're there and they say all the right things," he said. "But it's just [small talk]."

Lee said the Cubs players have no issues with Bradley.

"When we're in the clubhouse, everyone gets along with Milton," Lee said. "I don't think there's a guy in here who says he doesn't get along with Milton. Guys get frustrated. We see it all the time."

Carlos Zambrano was so concerned about Bradley he followed him into the clubhouse after the incident with Piniella to see if Bradley was OK. Zambrano declined to discuss Bradley, though Alfonso Soriano pulled no punches.

"I have no problem with him," Soriano said. "I think he's a great guy. The only problem with him is his [combative] attitude sometimes in the game. A lot of people don't like that, but that's him."

Soriano said if Bradley "is not 100 percent to help the team, we don't need him."

Bradley blamed himself for his poor start (.237 batting average), and conceded he didn't realize how "overwhelming" it would be to be a focus of attention on the North Side.

"People are always watching and looking at everything I'm doing," he said. "My personality is more of a guy [who likes to] go unnoticed -- to show up, do my job and go home, and really not have a whole lot of hoopla about it.

"I'm really not a guy who's seeking any attention. I'm not seeking to be noted, like 'Milton Bradley and the Chicago Cubs.' I don't want that. I just want to be part of a group and fit in and just love and be loved. That's the basis of what I am.

"Maybe years ago I might have thought I wanted all this, but I really don't want all the attention."

But it's too late to turn back now. Bradley is signed for the next 2 1/2 years, and he's virtually untradeable. He desperately wanted to start off on the right foot with Cubs fans, but felt blindsided when a published report before the home opener questioned whether or not Cubs fans would boo him.
    "If fans went and blamed me because of how I was performing, then the thought was already in their heads [from the story] that they were to boo before I even played," he said. "My play hasn't helped my situation, and it's unfortunate."

Every mistake Bradley makes has been dissected and magnified, putting more pressure on him to succeed. He called it a "draining" experience, and he's beating himself up over his struggles.

"When you walk around, when you look in people's eyes, you don't feel worthy," he said. "That's what I see."
  • And after all this, LOU apologizes?!? He should not be sorry for yelling at an underachieving, overpaid crybaby.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Former Cub (who they never should have traded) Mark DeRosa is traded to St. Louis for RHP Chris Perez. As a Cards fan...I love this deal. DeRosa is a LaRussa type player that will really mesh well.
  • FearTheBeardFearTheBeard Posts: 666
    THE CUBS ARE USELESS!! STOP WASTING YOUR TIME WITH USELESS POSTS!!!!!
    edited June 2009
    Former Cub (who they never should have traded) Mark DeRosa is traded to St. Louis for RHP Chris Perez. As a Cards fan...I love this deal. DeRosa is a LaRussa type player that will really mesh well.

Yeah, CLEV can go fuck itself. What AL team has fucked over the cubs more than them. They hand CC to MIL for nothing last year, and now get D Ro for nothing for STL. There's a good reason why the city of cleveland (the shithole that it is) hasn't won a championship in 50 years, and making deals for nothing (like this one for D Ro) is a good reason. F&*% Cleveland!!!!
    Post edited by pureoc on

At first I was pissed off hearing about this...
    Then I heard the Cards got him!

;)
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    pureoc wrote:

Yeah, CLEV can go fuck itself. What AL team has fucked over the cubs more than them. They hand CC to MIL for nothing last year, and now get D Ro for nothing for STL. They should have flat out raped STL for all they could to give D Ro up. I will boo his ass so bad next fri. when I go to the cubs cards game. There's a good reason why the city of cleveland (the shithole that it is) hasn't won a championship in 50 years, and making deals for nothing (like this one for D Ro) is a good reason. F&*% Cleveland!!!!

So you're going to boo a guy that was the glue that kept the team together last year? Without DeRosa, the Cubs would not have won the division. So why boo him? Oh yeah, you're a Cubs fan. Everything gets thrown out the window when the guy gets traded
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Great win by the Soxs and great win by the Crew last nite. :)
  • Great win by the Soxs and great win by the Crew last nite. :)

Big series next weekend.