Introducing your 2009 Chicago Cubs!!!!!

1111213141517»

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    81 wrote:
    baaaaaaaaaaaaa

Harden and heilman were claimed off waivers today :lol::lol::lol:

flubs officially throwing in the towel

Not surprized about Harden. He was going to require a pretty sizable contract in the offseason and the Cubs don't really have much money to keep him. It's too bad really! I'd much rather have them spend the money to keep Harden, but instead they have to pay millions to worthless POS outfielders...

As a buddy of mine put it...
    Soriano is like a '95 Porche. A great thing to have at one point, but now it doesn't run quite right, it's just too expensive and has no resale value.
    Bradley is just a virus. Once exposed, he utilizes all resources and eventually destroys everything around it until there is nothing left, then moves on to find another host-(team).
  • ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 730
    only thing not making me want to kill ozzie watching grampa lou and morons like milton crew up royally. this year
  • mca47 wrote:
    He is playing the race card....
    He is calling out the fans....
    He is blaming everyone on the planet ...except himself....

The fans are booing him....beyond belief...
    The sportcasters, writers, and radio hosts....are fucking ripping him apart....

There is NO WAY he can play ball in Chicago next year...

Yeah, it's truly pathetic.

He's been whining and crying all year about the fans giving him shit, the other players not liking him and giving him support, etc.
    Fuck him!

It all comes down to him being a shitty player, and having an attitude about it.
    I'm almost 100% certain that the other players DON'T like him, and I can't blame them for that!

The whole racist thing is complete bullshit. Don't get me wrong, I suppose it is possible to have some drunk in the right field bleachers drop the "N-bomb", but I am certain that 99.9% of people who go to baseball games are not racist, or if they were would not verbalize it to someone on the field.

I know Dusty Baker, Jacque Jones, LaTroy Hawkins received threatening letters over the years...and that is sad...but I'm also pretty sure the majority of professional athletes get them from time to time as well.

Also...
    Look at the differences between Bradley and Soriano. Both are over-paid, both have had shitty years, but both have handled it completely differently.
    While Soriano may get booed from time to time (deservedly so), it is NOWHERE near the shit Bradley gets. Why? Because Soriano has more or less kept his mouth shut and not blamed everyone and their brother for why he's doing bad.

You guys remember Todd Hundley and the world of shit he got from the fans? Why? Because he called them out and also blamed his shitty play on everything down to the color of the grass as opposed to his not being able to play the game.
    Corey Patterson also perpetuated the boo-birds.

Bradley needs to go. Like Speedy said, they need to cut their losses and just let him walk away.

Bradley is a complete fucking clown. I dont even wanna turn on sportsradio in Chicago lately beacuse this jagoff seems to be the center of attention. I'm not sure why this is such a big shock that this guy has acted the way he has. He's been on what? 7 teams in his career?? That doesnt happen for no reason. This guy has been a fucking head case everywhere he has been and its no different in Chicago. Hendry had a really shitty offseason.

correct, Hendry had bad offseason...and did fuck all this year, maybe because of money but he created the money issues the fuck!
    Well, it looks like we still have Harden.

The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking Z may be becoming more and more expendable. We have huge contractual black holes on our roster. Z, Lee and ARam are really the only ones worth any real value in the baseball market right now and I don't see Lee or Aram going anywhere.
    Z would be a huge addition for a team heading into the playoffs (though, we all know how he does in the playoffs :lol: ).

Anyways...

Bradley, Soriano: Contractual black holes. We are stuck.
    Z, Lee, Aram: See above
    Theriot: Solid SS, can't see him going anywhere but could see the Cubs going "DeRosa" with him.
    Fukudome: Very little market value.
    Fox: Can't see him going anywhere.
    Harden: Will demand a huge contract. Even if we wanted him, how could we afford him?
    Dempster: May have some market value, but not that much.
    Marmol: Def. trade bait, would have been worth gold lined in platinum last year. Too bad the BBs lowered his value.
    Wells: Has shown some great stuff. Can't see him going anywhere.

Well, I left a lot of people out, but it's pretty slim-pickings for the Cubs right now...

Oh, anyone heard the status of Johnson? Would be nice to have him back in the lineup!
  • mca47 wrote:
    Well, it looks like we still have Harden.

The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking Z may be becoming more and more expendable. We have huge contractual black holes on our roster. Z, Lee and ARam are really the only ones worth any real value in the baseball market right now and I don't see Lee or Aram going anywhere.
    Z would be a huge addition for a team heading into the playoffs (though, we all know how he does in the playoffs :lol: ).

Anyways...

Bradley, Soriano: Contractual black holes. We are stuck.
    Z, Lee, Aram: See above
    Theriot: Solid SS, can't see him going anywhere but could see the Cubs going "DeRosa" with him.
    Fukudome: Very little market value.
    Fox: Can't see him going anywhere.
    Harden: Will demand a huge contract. Even if we wanted him, how could we afford him?
    Dempster: May have some market value, but not that much.
    Marmol: Def. trade bait, would have been worth gold lined in platinum last year. Too bad the BBs lowered his value.
    Wells: Has shown some great stuff. Can't see him going anywhere.

Well, I left a lot of people out, but it's pretty slim-pickings for the Cubs right now...

Oh, anyone heard the status of Johnson? Would be nice to have him back in the lineup!

I would try and trade Z but he has a huge contract
    Dempster just signed a huge one this year so he aint going anywhere
    Fox will stay/be kept
    I agree with Theriot, I could see them trading him which will be dumb
    Fukudome I think he signed a 5 year contract? He gets $12.5mil so we cant trade him
    Johnson:
    News: Johnson took batting practice Tuesday, but he said he is still not able to run or even jog as his broken left foot continues to heal, the Arlington Daily Herald reports.
    Spin: A return to game action for Johnson probably isn't likely for another two weeks. That means more at-bats for Kosuke Fukudome, Sam Fuld and Jake Fox
    F'n Soriano!

What a piece of shit!

He needs to be BENCHED the rest of the season!

:evil:
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    mca47 wrote:
    F'n Soriano!

What a piece of shit!

He needs to be BENCHED the rest of the season!

:evil:

No kidding. You'd think for maybe this one game this team could get up, cause in all reality the rest of the season is done, and it would have been nice to even the city series. Nope, no runs and piss poor defense. Can pretty much soley blame the loss on Sorryano, 0 for 4 with 3 k's. Two k's with runners in scoring position and then the god awful play in the field. Heard people threw a shirt at him. That's a good start, but I'd suggest throwing something at him that if it hit him might put him on the DL where he belongs, cause he's not a baseball player, he fucking sucks!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Welcome to september pennant push baseball...oh wait, this is the cubs thread. my bad.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    pureoc wrote:

No kidding. You'd think for maybe this one game this team could get up, cause in all reality the rest of the season is done, and it would have been nice to even the city series. Nope, no runs and piss poor defense. Can pretty much soley blame the loss on Sorryano, 0 for 4 with 3 k's. Two k's with runners in scoring position and then the god awful play in the field. Heard people threw a shirt at him. That's a good start, but I'd suggest throwing something at him that if it hit him might put him on the DL where he belongs, cause he's not a baseball player, he fucking sucks!!

I love how Bob Brenley is calling him out now!

Then again, that's the kind of thing that guy Steve Stone canned...

Either way, I'm a big Brenley fan and would not mind seeing him manage this team at some point!
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    mca47 wrote:
    pureoc wrote:

I love how Bob Brenley is calling him out now!

Then again, that's the kind of thing that guy Steve Stone canned...

Either way, I'm a big Brenley fan and would not mind seeing him manage this team at some point!

Agreed. Still pisses me off that Kent F'n Merker was largely responsible for Stoney getting the ax. What a joke. If only more analysts told it like it was.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Kevin Gregg is a fucking BUM!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    49563156-30191948.jpg:mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Yay!
    Bradley is GONE!

Thank f'n god!

I'm actually surprised be got ANYTHING for him.
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    mca47 wrote:
    Yay!
    Bradley is GONE!

Thank f'n god!

I'm actually surprised be got ANYTHING for him.

Amen!!

An early Christmas present to all of us on behalf of the Cubs (and the Mariners).
    you got a pitcher that can't pitch.....plus $9 million in cash.....wow. wow. i am shocked that seattle tossed in the cash...just shocked.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    do the cubs want Vernon Wells perhaps?
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:
    do the cubs want Vernon Wells perhaps?

can he keep Z sane????

or will he help alfonso learn to field without the hop skip and jump

perhaps he can keep fukodome above the mendoza line in the second half

can he play second or is he availble every 5th day for closing duties.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i miss Milton :(
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg