Introducing your 2009 Chicago Cubs!!!!!

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
edited July 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r4xYqhc3Ns

i still havent decided if i am going to purchase tickets to see these blithering idiots this season......
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Glad someone makes enough bank to buy Cubs tix. :lol: :twisted: 8-)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • tybird wrote:
    oprah doesnt make enough bank to afford cubs tickets............
    tybird wrote:
    oprah doesnt make enough bank to afford cubs tickets............
    LMAO :lol::lol: My wife and I thought about making the trip to Chicago to see the Cubs play....but wow, they are really proud of those tickets.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Chicago Cubs tickets go on sale Feb. 20th..............

i may go to a game or 2....

or i may tell the Cubs to shove their tickets up their ass..............

decisions decisions...........
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,788
    I think I might check em out at the New Yankee Stadium

WHY THE FUCK NOT
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Alfonso Soriano completes me.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Alfonso Soriano completes me.

I saw one of the White Sox...I think he was an outfielder. He stole an old ladies purse, then knocked her over.

It's true.
  • st_louis_cardinals.jpg

I just had to taint the front page of your shitty thread. As much as I love the Cardinals, our ownership is really screwing the pooch and pissing off fans without going after any sort of free agent. You'll win this year Cubbies, but 2010 is the rebirth of the Cardinals.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    go astros!!!!

8-)

but i'm finally going to see a game @ wrigley! i'll be there in late july when the astros are in town! can't wait!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • PJPATPJPAT Posts: 399
    I renewed my tickets this year and will keep renewing them. I am a Cubs fan and always will be.

I love the moves they have made this offseason and am still hoping that 1 more move will bring Peavy to us.

Go Cubs!!!
    "All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
    PJPAT wrote:
    I renewed my tickets this year and will keep renewing them. I am a Cubs fan and always will be.

I love the moves they have made this offseason and am still hoping that 1 more move will bring Peavy to us.

Go Cubs!!!

Good move!

I too like what they've done in the offseason *fingers crossed*.

It sucks that I no longer live in Chicago so I have to be pretty selective at which home games I'm going to fly in for.
    That's ok, spring training is right around the corner and Mesa is only 40 mis away.
  • shaggy15shaggy15 Posts: 190
    PJPAT wrote:

Go Cubs!!!

just remeber ur fav cuz named Robb this year. i do not know if i will be able to get many tix this year.
    like a dog chasing a car, I do not know what i would do with it if i caught it----Joker

myspace.com/shaggy10680
  • so after going to the cubs website.....

and looking at ticket prices....and their bullshit platinum dates......and gold dates.....i have decided...

that the chicago cubs can shove their tickets right up their fucking ass....

$60 for a bleacher ticket....$80 for the same ticket to a decent weekend game????

upper deck reserved for $50?????

this team hasnt won a damn thing in over a 100 fucking years......

a family of 4 is going to drop $300-$500 to go to a fucking baseball game????? thats just fucking ridiculous............

i hope wrigley field burns to the fucking ground................
    so after going to the cubs website.....

and looking at ticket prices....and their bullshit platinum dates......and gold dates.....i have decided...

$60 for a bleacher ticket....$80 for the same ticket to a decent weekend game????

a family of 4 is going to drop $300-$500 to go to a fucking baseball game????? thats just fucking ridiculous............

:o:o:o :shock: to thosee tickets prices.....who do they think they are...an NBA team? :roll:
  • tybird wrote:

:o:o:o :shock: to thosee tickets prices.....who do they think they are...an NBA team? :roll:
    ill end up going to st.louis in september for a weekend cubs/cardinal series.....

spend a weekend at a decent hotel....swim at the pool....go to a nice restaurant.....blah blah blah....

fuck wrigley field.......
  • the Cubs certainly have capitalized on the 'america's team' scenerio.

those tickets will be snapped up in no time too.
    Nice shirt.

Whats up Speedy?

I have UD Reserved outfield and the highest they go are $25 (Platinum) $100 bucks to bring the family seems fair compared to other sporting events. My kids will have to get a job to go to a Bears game.

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
  • PJPAT wrote:

Whats up Speedy?

I have UD Reserved outfield and the highest they go are $25 (Platinum) $100 bucks to bring the family seems fair compared to other sporting events. My kids will have to get a job to go to a Bears game.
    upper deck infield box
    upper deck outfield box

$56-$60?????

i see your $25 seats......and i usually sit in those seats (i like sitting in the upper deck)

BUT.........

its a fucking shame when you pay $25 to sit in the last 3 rows of the stadium.....

and just seeing bleacher tickets for $80.....makes me fucking crazy.........
    PJPAT wrote:

Whats up Speedy?

upper deck infield box
    upper deck outfield box

$56-$60?????

i see your $25 seats......and i usually sit in those seats (i like sitting in the upper deck)

BUT.........

its a fucking shame when you pay $25 to sit in the last 3 rows of the stadium.....

and just seeing bleacher tickets for $80.....makes me fucking crazy.........

Supply and demand. I remember paying $4 for bleachers at the gate and sitting out there and it was empty. I woudl not pay that much to sit in the bleachers. I think my seats are much better. They are covered if it rains and a TV is there for replays (When they show the replays). I feel lucky to have them but need to split them up with 3 others so I can afford them still. The cubs have pissed me off plenty of times but I could never turn my back on them. It's my addiction just like PJ.

• after giving this much thought....

i have decided...

i am not spending one dime on cubs tickets this year.....not one fucking dime...

ill go camping...fishing....hang out at the pool.....and maybe even hit a couple pearl jam shows later in the year....

but the chicago cubs will not see one fucking penny of my money......................

i have decided...

i am not spending one dime on cubs tickets this year.....not one fucking dime...

ill go camping...fishing....hang out at the pool.....and maybe even hit a couple pearl jam shows later in the year....

but the chicago cubs will not see one fucking penny of my money......................

That's how I am with the Cardinals, Speedy. Ownership is taking the fan base for a bunch of suckers and just expecting us to show up and they'll hit three million again. They are probably right because season ticket holders didn't dump their tickets this year because they want All Star tickets. Next year though, if the owners keep going cheap on the payroll and players, they will really take a hit at the gate.

i have decided...

That's how I am with the Cardinals, Speedy. Ownership is taking the fan base for a bunch of suckers and just expecting us to show up and they'll hit three million again. They are probably right because season ticket holders didn't dump their tickets this year because they want All Star tickets. Next year though, if the owners keep going cheap on the payroll and players, they will really take a hit at the gate.
    when the cost of 2 decent tickets to a ballgame is equivalent to 2 weeks worth of groceries.....i have to say "fuck baseball!!!"
    after giving this much thought....

i have decided...

Yeah, I don't blame ya'. The ticket prices are outrageous!
    I'll probably go to one game at Wrigley this year (can't go a whole year without going to at least one game. Been like 20 years straight for me) and then the Cubs games here in Arizona when they are playing the Dbacks.
    If I was still living in Chicago, I'm pretty sure I'd pick one game to go to just to keep my streak alive, but beyond that no way!
    Two tickets + a couple beers + some food at the game = Waaaaaay too f'n much!
    I see Lou is considering moving Soriano in the lineup this year. About f'n time Lou!!!

My god, Soriano is fast but when you have a .353 OBP you should under no circumstance be hitting leadoff.

We'll see I guess...
  • i hope everyone who is trying....

gets their tickets today......
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Got my tickets, I'll be going to
    Opening Day
    Sat Twins
    Fri Cle
    Sat Cle
    Thur 7/2 MIL
    Fri 7/10 Cards
    Wed 9/16 MIL
    Thur 9/17 MIL
    Sat 10/3 AZ

Hoping I can get some Sox tickets for the Thur 6/18 game as a birthday present.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    I bought 5 games and found it easy this year compared to the last few.

I split season tickets with 3 other guys so I feel the need to buy some games that i really want to go to in case I dont get them in our ticket draft.

I got the Fri and Sat Met games for my Birthday weekend. Bleachers for the Firday which I am now regretting.
    July 11th Cards
    June 20th Cleveland
    Sept 16 Milw

Everything is in the UD Reserved except for those $60 Bleacher tickets. Not sure what I was thinking when I bought those.

• pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    So Marmol is going to pitch in the WBC now. Anyone else not happy about this. If this is truly going to be his first year as our closer, I want him in our camp pitching for our team (we pay him) not his country. I think the WBC isn't the worst idea, but having it in March is a bad idea. Have it in Nov. after the season is over.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    pureoc wrote:
    So Marmol is going to pitch in the WBC now. Anyone else not happy about this. If this is truly going to be his first year as our closer, I want him in our camp pitching for our team (we pay him) not his country. I think the WBC isn't the worst idea, but having it in March is a bad idea. Have it in Nov. after the season is over.

I tend to agree. I like the idea of the WBC, but having it in March is beyond dumb. Have it anytime from November to early Feb. That way, guys will have a chance to stay sharp during the offseason and heal any nagging injuries they sustain during the tourney before the season starts.

I just hope the US plays at least a fraction better than they did last time. Kinda sucks that there are sooo many quality US players who opted out of it for spring training. Can't say that I blame them, but if it was held earlier I'd imagine the US would be able to put forth a much more solid team.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,928
    Your Cubs are playing the Sox tonight in my town....nasty night for it....the wind's blowing like 40 mph. :x

P.S. who is this Len Kaspar dweeb?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14