Options

What DID NOT make your day (part deux)???

Comments

• Options
    Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
    The government - I was severely opposed to another Tory Prime Minister and here we are, waking up to David Cameron as our leader... It's a sad day in British politics. :(
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,459
    work
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    getting an assessment task for school that requires group work
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Ms. Wes C.addleMs. Wes C.addle Posts: 2,559
    The thoughts of her life-less body and twisted metal... Please be erased from my mind
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    The thoughts of her life-less body and twisted metal... Please be erased from my mind
    I pray this is not someone you know but that doesn't really matter, does it? when we see it there and it comes into our life, into our heart.
    There was a businessman in from Texas. The tie up on 75/85N was worse than most mornings. We were to a crawl at best. As I approached the bridge underpass I was unable to move any further to the right. Just creeping along, red lights almost upon me. A crumpled car sat in the fast lane. The windshield gone, just a sheet there draped across the steering wheel and drivers seat. Just a sheet. I would learn later he was 55. Here for a week doing business. He had a story, children, a wife. He went home to be buried. I still can not erase seeing him there under that sheet. Some things we just don't erase. I guess we let them in and then they can not leave.
    I am sorry for this image in your tender heart and hope it is only a moment.
  • Options
    JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    Back at work after having a week off. PJ withdrawls already.
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    Little man is not well. Looks like he'll be having tomorrow off school. :(
  • Options
    Ms. Wes C.addleMs. Wes C.addle Posts: 2,559
    pandora wrote:
    I pray this is not someone you know but that doesn't really matter, does it? when we see it there and it comes into our life, into our heart.
    There was a businessman in from Texas. The tie up on 75/85N was worse than most mornings. We were to a crawl at best. As I approached the bridge underpass I was unable to move any further to the right. Just creeping along, red lights almost upon me. A crumpled car sat in the fast lane. The windshield gone, just a sheet there draped across the steering wheel and drivers seat. Just a sheet. I would learn later he was 55. Here for a week doing business. He had a story, children, a wife. He went home to be buried. I still can not erase seeing him there under that sheet. Some things we just don't erase. I guess we let them in and then they can not leave.
    Unfortunately, that's the case... Saw a bad crash a few minutes after it happened, on my way home from Ohio. Can't seem to shake the image of the person laying there. It looked as if her head was missing as well.

The family, friends, heartache, memories, promises... How quickly its all taken from this earth and the people that we love are gone. Its really making me sick and worry that I'm wasting this life... It will never be what I want.
  • Options
    Digital TwilightDigital Twilight Posts: 5,642
    pandora wrote:
    Unfortunately, that's the case... Saw a bad crash a few minutes after it happened, on my way home from Ohio. Can't seem to shake the image of the person laying there. It looked as if her head was missing as well.

The family, friends, heartache, memories, promises... How quickly its all taken from this earth and the people that we love are gone. Its really making me sick and worry that I'm wasting this life... It will never be what I want.

All too often the bad things in life drown out the good.

Witnessing something like that can really effect you deeply. You have to be careful not to let them thoughts drag you down. Easier said then done i know. A friend of mine died a couple of years ago and it really sets you on a different mentality towards life, death and beyond and i have no doubt that even something like that, even to strangers, will do the same.

Its all the bad things in life that make the good things worth living.
  • Options
    pandora wrote:

wish I could say the image will leave you but it probably won't and maybe sad as it is thats a good thing.
    My mother in law gave me a plaque of a famous quote that hangs on a wall.
    "Plan your life as if you were going to live forever
    Live your life as if you were going to die tomorrow"
    Good advice.
    All we can do is appreciate all we are given and love as much as we can. I think you are doing a good job at both! See you soon :) We got some living to do!! Hartford here we come!
  • Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Ignorant people in general :roll:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    no no no..rain..no..its weekend..the first after a month i dont work,,,no no
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    no no no..rain..no..its weekend..the first after a month i dont work,,,no no

Go jump in the puddles!! :lol:
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I am really cross with myself for having absolutely no self control and stuffing myself silly :x
  • Options
    Little man home sick again...another day off school. Far out!! :roll:
  • Options
    my daughters tears over the phone, her little voice through them. Life can be so unfair.
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    my daughters tears over the phone, her little voice through them. Life can be so unfair.
    :( what happen?all ok?
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    :( what happen?all ok?
    Thanks D, long sad story.
    I've put my faith now in God's hands, in his plan for Savannah. This can seem all messed up now but we believe God has the best planned for her. It is all the making of an amazing young woman :) with an amazing life ahead of her. She tries to find peace in that.
  • Options
    71step2871step28 Hamburg Posts: 2,249
    i'm not allowed to donate blood :(
    totally ignored some very important circumstances... :cry:
  • Options
    71step28 wrote:
    i'm not allowed to donate blood :(
    totally ignored some very important circumstances... :cry:
    why???

ok i think a joke but ill not post..it 8-)
  • Options
    digitick.com..all those bullshit about policy..in Arras 10c members will be in the back..all of us bought already tix and now the put for sale golder tix for front on stage area..Arxidia mantoles..
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    That is shit D. Did you get in touch with 10C? Maybe 10C tix might be part of this golden circle?
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    That is shit D. Did you get in touch with 10C? Maybe 10C tix might be part of this golden circle?
    What 10c can do?..the ticket company,announce pre-sale 6 months ago..we all bought tix..now the put front area tic..as for 10c they didnt give us the link for buy tix for arras,we find it ourselfes..pff
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Ah.. OK D. I didn't realise that there were no 10C tix for Arras. Thought it might have been the same as for Hyde Park.
  • Options
    My calves are rock hard, and they hurt... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :cry:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    I hope everything works out for your daughter...

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Dropping of my car at the tire place and realizing I have to pay $1200.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
    My baby boy Riley is poorly :(
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136

Sian, is he any better? I hope so...
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561

Sorry to hear that, hope he gets better soon.