Options

Israel should be proud

Comments

• Options
    Commy wrote:
    RM291946 wrote:

With Hamas, it's personal, what militants did to some of my family over there. It's why I'm dug in against them.

you see the problem here I hope. when Israel goes and kills 1500 Palestinians how many family members do you think they'll be mobilizing against them.

Except that Palestinians and Jews already hate each other and have a go at each other.
    Us Roma harbour no hate for either, until more recently when Hamas came into the picture.
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    RM291946 wrote:
    Commy wrote:
    RM291946 wrote:

With Hamas, it's personal, what militants did to some of my family over there. It's why I'm dug in against them.

you see the problem here I hope. when Israel goes and kills 1500 Palestinians how many family members do you think they'll be mobilizing against them.

Except that Palestinians and Jews already hate each other and have a go at each other.
    Us Roma harbour no hate for either, until more recently when Hamas came into the picture.

How dare the Palestinians have the audacity to attempt to defend themselves! I can understand how this could lead you to hate them.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:

How dare the Palestinians have the audacity to attempt to defend themselves! I can understand how this could lead you to hate them.

Are you attempting to state Roma did something to Hamas militants to deserve the vicious torture? Please please say that so I can rip into you.
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    RM291946 wrote:
    Byrnzie wrote:

Are you attempting to state Roma did something to Hamas militants to deserve the vicious torture? Please please say that so I can rip into you.
    what vicious torture? you have any facts to back up your argument?
  • Options
    RM291946 wrote:
    Byrnzie wrote:

Who's Roma? What are you on about?
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,044
    Byrnzie wrote:
    RM291946 wrote:
    Byrnzie wrote:

believe she posted before , ethnic gypsy.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:

So now the Palestinians are guilty of torturing the Roma gypsies? This should be interesting.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

So now the Palestinians are guilty of torturing the Roma gypsies? This should be interesting.
    No just Hamas. But yeah , I'm tuning in!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7848673.stm

BBC urged to transmit Gaza appeal
    Saturday, 24 January 2009

'The BBC has again been urged to reconsider its decision not to broadcast a charity appeal for Gaza.

International Development Secretary Douglas Alexander said it was not too late for a reversal to recognise the "immense human suffering".

A protest is to be held outside Broadcasting House in London after the BBC declined to broadcast appeals by the Disasters Emergency Committee.

The BBC said it would not compromise its commitment to impartiality.

Mr Alexander said: "I think the British public ... can distinguish between support for humanitarian aid and perceived partiality in a conflict.

"I really struggle to see in the face of the immense human suffering of people in Gaza... that this is in any way a credible argument.

"They still have time to make a different judgement to recognise the immense human suffering."

He also said people may become concerned that the suffering of people in Gaza was not taken as seriously as suffering in other conflicts.

BBC Director-General Mark Thompson turned down the request to broadcast the appeal, saying it might jeopardise the public's confidence in the BBC's impartiality.

His comments were echoed by the BBC's chief operating officer, Caroline Thomson, who said it is important to take all these decisions very seriously.

She said: "I think what we do for the disaster emergency committee in giving air time for appeals is unique in the BBC... giving time on behalf of a body to appeal for things is a decision that has to be taken very, very carefully.

"In the case of natural disasters it's straight forward... in the case of man made disasters and wars the issue is much, much more complicated.

"The most important thing we can do for the people who are suffering is carrying on reporting it and we've done exemplary work in reporting the suffering of the people of Gaza.

"If we lose the trust of the audience by appearing, however curious it may seem, to support one side rather than another then we will have lost it for the charities themselves as well as everyone else."

Shadow international development secretary Andrew Mitchell said the decision to broadcast was "completely" a matter for the BBC.

But he said the appeal should be aired so the public can decide whether to support it.

ITV and Sky have also said they will not show the appeal, with an ITV spokesman saying that no consensus could be reached.

The Disasters Emergency Committee - an umbrella organisation for several major aid charities - said it was disappointed its request to run TV and radio appeals was turned down.

It wanted to raise funds for people in need of food, shelter and medicines as a result of Israel's military action in the Palestinian area.

Geoffrey Dennis, chief executive of the global humanitarian group Care International, said it was not a time for politics.

"As far as being impartial is concerned, that's our job... we know exactly what we are doing on the ground, there are a lot of people in real danger at the moment," he said.

"Fifty per cent of the population in Gaza are under the age of 18, they're not interested in the politics in this, they want to go to school and play football like my son."

"We don't get involved in the politics, we are saying as all of the major aid agencies in the UK... we need to help these people that are really suffering."

Veteran politician Tony Benn, who will speak at the protest at Broadcasting House, said the corporation's position made no sense.

He told BBC Radio 4: "There's been an absolute crisis in Gaza, you can't allow the BBC to say if we help people who are dying we are going to be engaged in controversy."

Mr Benn will address the pro-Palestinian rally called by the Stop the War Coalition, and is expected to say the BBC's refusal is a "betrayal" of its obligations.

Following Mr Benn's speech, the demonstrators intend to march to Trafalgar Square via Downing Street.
  • Options
    OR NOT....YOU KILLED JESUS THE ONLY SON OF MAN
  • Options

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    WHAT HOLY LAND new jerUSAlem
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

and herein lies the problem. we need logic in this discussion, not fairy stories.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    PRAY FOR PEACE AND LOVE and forgiveness
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

yeah... cause that seems to have worked a treat so far. :roll:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453

You didnt capitalize forgiveness -- does that mean it's not as important and I should just throw it in at the end of my prayer ? Can I pray for peace and hate as long as it keeps Israel from killing babies?
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    RM291946 wrote:
    Byrnzie wrote:

You are the one who quoted me after I stated why I hate Hamas, saying the above about Palestinians defending themselves. Obviously you simply weren't paying attention to what you were responding to, so I will leave it at that.

To whichever one who asked for proof, it's not about that. I only brought it up in the first place cos one of you said I was dug in against them and was too closed minded. so I wrote about that to explain that I'm not being closed minded, it's that they gave me reason to hate them. If you go back, you'll see that.
  • Options
    NoKNoK Posts: 824
    This article is quite long so I'll just be posting the link..

Foiling Another Palestinian "Peace Offensive": Behind the bloodbath in Gaza

By Norman G. Finkelstein

http://www.normanfinkelstein.com/articl ... 11&ar=2542
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Israels objective was to annihilate the Palestinian people, not Hamas.
    How can you be proud killing so many innocent children you dogs, fuck you! :evil: , what the f*** have the children done?
    They have committed a war crime and should be brought to justice!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Israels objective was to annihilate the Palestinian people, not Hamas.
    How can you be proud killing so many innocent children you dogs, fuck you! :evil: , what the f*** have the children done?
    They have committed a war crime and should be brought to justice!

Israel's objective was certainly not to annihilate the Palestinian people. As horrible as this sounds, if Israel truly wanted to annihilate the people, the death toll would be a hell of a lot higher than it turned out to be.

Here is what I believe:

Israel for defense, political, public pressure and other reasons, finally decided to retaliate against the Hamas rockets. It's been years and years of rocket fire, without any major retaliation from Israel. I do think Israel was justified in their response, and I think other nations would certainly do the same.

That being said, I do not think Israel's response (justified or otherwise) was the right thing to do in this situation. Most importantly, innocent people have died. Israel is democratic, liberal, they practice human rights. Hamas and Islamist governments do not do this. Ever wonder why Israel always gets held under double standards? They are expected to be the moral/ethical nation (which they are most of the time). if Israel messes up once, they face huge public outcry. But when Hamas murdered 100s of Palestinians in their civil battle with Fatah, there was no public outcry.

I don't think what Israel did was right. But the public needs to recognize the impossible situation that they face. And if the public truly cares about the Palestinian people, they would rally out against their Hamas leaders who seriously do not have peace and their own people's best interests at heart.
  • Options
    speaking of the children having done nothing..we are no more innocent than the Israeli's. And I know for fact we have targeted at least 2 schools. One of which was aired on news over there showing Afghan mothers wailing while carrying their dead children out of the building.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090125/wl_nm/us_afghan_protest
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    Israel's objective was certainly not to annihilate the Palestinian people. As horrible as this sounds, if Israel truly wanted to annihilate the people, the death toll would be a hell of a lot higher than it turned out to be.
    As John Mearsheimer said, "it was not to kill all the Palestinians, it was to beat them into submission. But they will never be beaten into submission."
    Israel for defense, political, public pressure and other reasons, finally decided to retaliate against the Hamas rockets. It's been years and years of rocket fire, without any major retaliation from Israel. I do think Israel was justified in their response, and I think other nations would certainly do the same.
    You love to overlook things. You leave out that Israel has still been controlling the Gaza Strip. That the Gazans don't truly have freedom. That they actually barely ever have food, electricity, sanitation, medicine, etc. The rocket fire, in fact, is retaliation. And you want it to stop? It stopped in the six-month ceasefire that Israel violated. Not Hamas. But Israel. If any other country were doing the same as Israel, I would condemn them as well.
    That being said, I do not think Israel's response (justified or otherwise) was the right thing to do in this situation. Most importantly, innocent people have died. Israel is democratic, liberal, they practice human rights.
    Haha! As we all know, this is democratic and fair: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7825032.stm
    They are expected to be the moral/ethical nation (which they are most of the time).
    Only an idiot would expect them to be moral/ethical if you were to simply look at their history.
    if Israel messes up once, they face huge public outcry. But when Hamas murdered 100s of Palestinians in their civil battle with Fatah, there was no public outcry.
    There was public outcry. But when Israel kills hundreds more people, including tons of children, and commits insane war crimes, they WILL be held accountable. the civil war was nothing as bad as what Israel actually does to the Palestinians. In fact, it's simply an effect of the occupation and oppression.
    I don't think what Israel did was right. But the public needs to recognize the impossible situation that they face.
    The only thing that seems impossible for Israel is for them to be a peaceful, non-oppressor state.
    And if the public truly cares about the Palestinian people, they would rally out against their Hamas leaders who seriously do not have peace and their own people's best interests at heart.
    You provide no proof for this. Hamas has offered peace - the same peace the entire international community wants. Israel says no. how is Hamas being unreasonable? They want the same thing the UN and the world wants. Israel, on the other hand, is accused of war crimes, oppressing, occupying, etc.... they actually commit international crimes against the Geneva Convention and countless UN resolutions. You choose to ignore all of this in order to defend Israel's massacre of hundreds of children, and many more people, their leaving tens of thousands of people homeless, and causing billions in damage in an area where 80% of the 1.5 million people are refugees. Disgraceful.
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    RM291946 wrote:
    speaking of the children having done nothing..we are no more innocent than the Israeli's. And I know for fact we have targeted at least 2 schools. One of which was aired on news over there showing Afghan mothers wailing while carrying their dead children out of the building.

Who the hell ever said the US is more innocent? This is completely irrelevant. You dismiss anything I bring up - which is COMPLETELY related - just so you don't have to address it, but bring up something like this to distract everyone from Israel's crimes against humanity.
  • Options
    Wonder why they are so worried ????

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090125/ap_ ... IRgxYDW7oF

JERUSALEM – Special legal teams will defend Israeli soldiers against potential war crimes charges stemming from civilian deaths in the Gaza Strip, the prime minister said Sunday, promising the country would "fully back" those who fought in the three-week offensive.

The move reflected growing concerns by Israel that officers could be subject to international prosecution, despite the army's claims that Hamas militants caused the civilian casualties by staging attacks from residential areas.

"The state of Israel will fully back those who acted on its behalf," Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said. "The soldiers and commanders who were sent on missions in Gaza must know that they are safe from various tribunals."
  • Options
    Maybe because they are busted and they know it ?? Life is cheap for these Israeli animals.

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/unusu ... IDLRVNWS08
  • Options
    _outlaw wrote:
    RM291946 wrote:

Who the hell ever said the US is more innocent? This is completely irrelevant. You dismiss anything I bring up - which is COMPLETELY related - just so you don't have to address it, but bring up something like this to distract everyone from Israel's crimes against humanity.
    What? I wasn't responding to anything specific..I just saw a sentence about the children, at the same time I had the article on another page and was reading it. Thought it was an interesting coincidence, is all...Lord have mercy :roll:
  • Options
    NoKNoK Posts: 824
    The Indian example
    Radhika Sainath, The Electronic Intifada, 26 January 2009
    http://electronicintifada.net/v2/article10245.shtml

In Gaza, Palestinians have once again been blamed for their own deaths. The British made a similar argument 151 years ago when they killed thousands of Indian civilians -- 1,200 in a single village -- in response to the largest anti-colonial uprising of the 19th century. If Israel truly desires peace with the Palestinians and safety for its citizens, it should look back to one of the greatest, and misunderstood, independence movements in history.

Most people believe India won its independence from the British exclusively through Gandhi's famous strategy of nonviolence. They're wrong; armed resistance has deep roots in India. During the Sepoy Mutiny of 1857, also known as the First War of Independence, Hindus and Muslims serving in the infantry for the British East Indian Company revolted against the British Empire, killing British officers and civilians alike. While the majority of these cavalrymen were Hindu, Muslims also partook in the rebellion. These Muslim fighters called themselves "jihadis" and even "suicide ghazis."

The British quashed the revolt, but for the next 90 years Indian violence, even terrorism, in response continued. In the early 20th century, Indian militants, frustrated with the Congress party -- the party of Gandhi and Nehru -- regularly resorted to acts of violence to overthrow the British. Official government reports note 210 "revolutionary outrages" and at least 1,000 "terrorists" involved in more than 101 attempted attacks between 1906 and 1917 in the state of Bengal alone (see Peter Heehs, "Terrorism in India During the Freedom Struggle," The Historian, 22 March 1993). One young revolutionary, Bhagat Singh, later referred to as "Shaheed" Bhagat Singh, bombed the Legislative Assembly in 1929.

On the other hand, Palestinians are usually portrayed in Israel and the West as exclusively militants or terrorists. Yet Palestinians have a vibrant, albeit unsuccessful, history of nonviolent resistance. In 1936, the Palestinians maintained a six-month general strike, the beginning of what became known as the Great Arab Revolt. The British retaliated by declaring martial law, jailing and killing large numbers of Palestinians, and destroying numerous Palestinian homes. The revolt lasted for three years and was the largest and longest anti-colonial uprising in the British Empire.

Fifty years later, the first Palestinian intifada was largely nonviolent and included acts of mass civil disobedience like flying the Palestinian flag, organizing strikes and boycotting Israeli products. In 1985, Mubarak Awad, a Palestinian-American psychologist from Jerusalem established a center for nonviolent resistance on the teachings of Gandhi and Martin Luther King, Jr. He was deported by Israel in 1988 (see Mubarak Awad, "Non-Violent Resistance: A Strategy for the Occupied Territories." Journal of Palestine Studies. Summer 1984). A year later, Beit Sahour, a town near Bethlehem, engaged in a tax revolt against Israel, under the famous American slogan "No taxation without representation." The Israeli army responded by arresting over 80 Palestinians, cutting telephone lines, blocking food shipments into the town and confiscating millions of dollars in Palestinian goods.

What about the current conflict? All the public hears about are the small, makeshift rockets Palestinians fire into southern Israel. But farmers, fisherman and children had been nonviolently resisting the Israeli occupation for years.

Up until the Israeli invasion, Gaza fishermen had been disobeying Israeli orders by fishing in their waters -- not unlike Gandhi when he urged Indians to march to the sea to collect their own salt against British orders. In response, the British beat and imprisoned Gandhi's marchers. Likewise, the Israeli navy repeatedly forced Palestinian fisherman to strip to their underwear and swim to Israeli navy ships, where they are detained and their boats confiscated.

Since 2002, Palestinian men, women and children have been sitting in front of Israeli bulldozers flattening their olive groves to construct a wall deep into the West Bank. The Israeli army has responded to these peaceful protestors with tear gas, beatings, arrests and even death.

The pattern occurred time and again: nonviolent Palestinian resistance would be crushed by Israeli force and ignored by the West. With nothing to show for their efforts, is it any surprise that the Palestinian peaceful protest movement founders? Violence has always been a historical response to colonialism and repression, in conflicts from India to Algeria to South Africa. That doesn't make attacks on civilians right -- or strategically effective, for that matter. In fact, as we all know, the Indian revolt against the British Empire only finally succeeded when Gandhi convinced his countrymen to resist peacefully. Extremist factions, like those during the Indian independence movement, only gain strength and popularity when Israel flattens even the most harmless dissent.
  • Options
    not sure where this belongs. didn't want to start a new thread so.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090127/ap_ ... ast_carter

Offers 3 seemingly plausible realities.