Options

Israel should be proud

flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
edited February 2009 in A Moving Train
I hope the world finally sees them for the animals they are.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/01/ ... index.html

Highlights (lowlights) :

More than 1,300 Palestinians died and about 5,400 others were wounded during Israel's three-week offensive in Gaza

22,000 buildings were damaged or destroyed

economic destruction at more than $1.9 billion

Israel has said 13 of its citizens -- including 10 soldiers -- were killed during the offensive

Gaza's gross domestic product was slashed by 85 percent during the 22 days of war

About 80 percent of crops in Gaza were destroyed

Among the dead were 159 children

Israel tried to avoid civilian casualties in Gaza, a senior Israel Defense Forces officer said in a posting Monday on the IDF Web site."This was not a war against the Palestinians," he said. "It was an operation of self-defense against Hamas and related terror organizations. Unfortunately, this task was made extremely difficult by Hamas, as they made the choice to use civilians as human shields."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    and people wonder why an occaisonal bottle rocket gets launched over the fence.
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    159 children?! More like 400...
  • Options
    They should be for not taking anymore sh*t from
  • Options
    ogre1213ogre1213 Posts: 391
    you are all blind to see that israel has to take care of business

protecting its citizens from madmen that hate freedom, hate democracy, hate everything and unleash a real and true terror and fear on people that just want to live and be free

all terrorists care about is killing and destroying

do you really think israel wanted to kill so many children and women and innocent civilians? NO

do you really think theyre goal was to kill so many children and women and innocent civilians? NO

if it was we would have been done by now and everyone in the gaza strip would be dead

that was not the goal

it tears my heart out that we had to do something like this, that so many innocent people died

but it has to be done to root out the evil from the good people

these are a few crazy hateful people that are ruining lives and killing people for no reason

they are making it difficult for people in that area of the world to live their lives

and it bothers me that there are people in America and the world that agree with them

it makes me truly sick
    Some die just to live
  • Options
    ogre1213 wrote:

protecting its citizens from madmen that hate freedom, hate democracy, hate everything and unleash a real and true terror and fear on people that just want to live and be free

do you really think israel wanted to kill so many children and women and innocent civilians? NO

do you really think theyre goal was to kill so many children and women and innocent civilians? NO

if it was we would have been done by now and everyone in the gaza strip would be dead

that was not the goal

it tears my heart out that we had to do something like this, that so many innocent people died

these are a few crazy hateful people that are ruining lives and killing people for no reason

they are making it difficult for people in that area of the world to live their lives

and it bothers me that there are people in America and the world that agree with them

it makes me truly sick

The ends do not justify the means. I highly doubt that there would be madmen who supposedly hate 'freedom' if they were themselves given the chance to live their lives free from the oppression which they have been subjected to.
  • Options
    pateljampateljam Posts: 340
    ogre1213 wrote:

that was not the goal

it makes me truly sick

Nice try... there is hate and terrorist actions on both sides.
    They lost all respect when they started bombing UN targets and dropping flyers telling people to leave and there was no where for them to go...
    2000-10-28 San Bernardino
    2003-06-02 Irvine
    2003-10-26 Mountain View-Bridge School
    2006-07-09 Los Angeles
    2006-07-10 Los Angeles
    2006-10-22 Mountain View- Bridge School
    2008-07-19 UCLA-Who Rock Honors
    2009-10-1 Los Angeles-2
    2009-10-9 San Diego
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Weren't three of those Israelis killed by "friendly fire"?
  • Options
    pateljam wrote:
    ogre1213 wrote:

that was not the goal

it makes me truly sick

Nice try... there is hate and terrorist actions on both sides.
    They lost all respect when they started bombing UN targets and dropping flyers telling people to leave and there was no where for them to go...

they are getting it from lebanon/hezbollah, from gaza/hamas

what would you like them to do?

they cannot negotiate because all these terrorist organizations keep saying israel needs to be destroyed, and they will not recognize israel has a right to exist.

they have to focus on progressing their own countries and stop bringing down israel

do you really feel the need to send rockets and bombs and suicide bombers into israel?
    Some die just to live
  • Options
    ogre1213 wrote:

that was not the goal

it makes me truly sick

The ends do not justify the means. I highly doubt that there would be madmen who supposedly hate 'freedom' if they were themselves given the chance to live their lives free from the oppression which they have been subjected to.

what oppression? Israel gave back gaza and the west bank to the palestinians to progress peace, and they used this land and people to start a war with Israel, Israel has no problem working with the palestinians to let them live in peace and happiness but when people from them want to send rockets into Israel the chance for that ends
    Some die just to live
  • Options
    About 80 percent of crops in Gaza were destroyed

What the fuck, Hamas!?!

Thats PRETTY FUCKING LOW!

Using human shields is one thing,
    but HIDING BEHIND CROPS?

How many Hamas leaders do you think they took out with those 80% of Crops ???

Goddamn!
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,938
    ogre1213 wrote:
    ogre1213 wrote:

that was not the goal

it makes me truly sick

what oppression? Israel gave back gaza and the west bank to the palestinians to progress peace, and they used this land and people to start a war with Israel, Israel has no problem working with the palestinians to let them live in peace and happiness but when people from them want to send rockets into Israel the chance for that ends

Thats the thing. they "GAVE BACK" what didn't belong to them. Not going in to the history here, but I can see why the Palestinian people are up in arms over this. Their land , crops , homes , businesses are being taken away on a daily basis. in another thread is a link that shows the land "exchange" since the formation of the State of Israel. I'll ask you to look at that and tell me how that seems fair.

Edit: My apologies. link I was refering to was posted on the old pit. Can still be found there , or perhaps Byrnzie would be so knid to link here.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:

Thats the thing. they "GAVE BACK" what didn't belong to them. Not going in to the history here, but I can see why the Palestinian people are up in arms over this. Their land , crops , homes , businesses are being taken away on a daily basis. in another thread is a link that shows the land "exchange" since the formation of the State of Israel. I'll ask you to look at that and tell me how that seems fair.

Edit: My apologies. link I was refering to was posted on the old pit. Can still be found there , or perhaps Byrnzie would be so knid to link here.

I shouldnt have to go through the whole history of that land but it was the Jews land at some point in history, we did have 2 Jewish temples destroyed there, but borders change, the world moves on. Right now, it is Israels and they were decent enough to give the Palestinians some land in order to get them to stop sending violence our way. But they did not stop and will never stop until either Israel or themselves are obliterated
    Some die just to live
  • Options
    ogre1213 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

I shouldnt have to go through the whole history of that land but it was the Jews land at some point in history, we did have 2 Jewish temples destroyed there, but borders change, the world moves on. Right now, it is Israels and they were decent enough to give the Palestinians some land in order to get them to stop sending violence our way. But they did not stop and will never stop until either Israel or themselves are obliterated
    Go back as far as 1947-48. The whole of that land was not given to them. You post as if the Israelis gave them 40 acres and a mule.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    ogre1213 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

Go back as far as 1947-48. The whole of that land was not given to them. You post as if the Israelis gave them 40 acres and a mule.

Israel won that land in the Independence War in 1947 , They then won the West Bank and Gaza in the 1967 Six Day War (The most amazing war of all time, btw)

Israel will never give back all the land ( why would they?) , they gave the Palestinians something to start with, something to start the peace process and then they start firing rockets at us.

If anyone wants to discuss this.. msg me on aim: ogre1213
    Some die just to live
  • Options
    Israel won that land in the Independence War in 1947 , They then won the West Bank and Gaza in the 1967 Six Day War (The most amazing war of all time, btw)

Israel will never give back all the land ( why would they?) , they gave the Palestinians something to start with, something to start the peace process and then they start firing rockets at us.[/quote]
    Israel has gone beyond the land Seized in War that was nothing more than an overt land grab.
    http://whatreallyhappened.com/IMAGES/Is ... estine.jpg. do you deny thisis true?

• Options
    flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
    http://haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1056648.html

The Immigrant Absorption Ministry announced on Sunday it was setting up an "army of bloggers," to be made up of Israelis who speak a second language, to represent Israel in "anti-Zionist blogs" in English, French, Spanish and German.

The program's first volunteer was Sandrine Pitousi, 31, from Kfar Maimon, situated five kilometers from Gaza. "I heard about the project over the radio and decided to join because I'm living in the middle of the conflict," she said.

Before hanging up the phone prematurely following a Color Red rocket alert, Pitousi, who immigrated to Israel from France in 1993, said she had some experience with public relations from managing a production company.

"During the war, we looked for a way to contribute to the effort," the ministry's director general, Erez Halfon, told Haaretz. "We turned to this enormous reservoir of more than a million people with a second mother tongue." Other languages in which bloggers are sought include Russian and Portuguese.

Halfon said volunteers who send the Absorption Ministry their contact details by e-mail, at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:media@moia.gov.il">media@moia.gov.il</a><!-- e -->, will be registered according to language, and then passed on to the Foreign Ministry's media department, whose personnel will direct the volunteers to Web sites deemed "problematic."

Within 30 minutes of announcing the program, which was approved by the Foreign Ministry on Sunday, five volunteers were already in touch, Halfon said.
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:

Israel will never give back all the land ( why would they?) , they gave the Palestinians something to start with, something to start the peace process and then they start firing rockets at us.
    Israel has gone beyond the land Seized in War that was nothing more than an overt land grab.
    http://whatreallyhappened.com/IMAGES/Is ... estine.jpg. do you deny thisis true?[/quote]

first of all, lands change hands all the time, lands have been swapped since the beginning of time, the world progresses and continues and thats the way it is, there is nothing anyone can do about that , the Jews were given a tiny piece of land after the holocaust by the UN , over 6 million Jews were killed in the holocaust, ALL the arab nations all around Israel were against it attacked Israel and Israel was victorious. Israel did not steal Palestine, they won it through wars, not overt land grabbing, no, Do you think US stole land from Britian who stole it from Native Americans? Do you think we should give the land back to Britian?
    Now, Are you saying that you support terrorism as a means to get the land back instead of diplomacy?
    and if you do, how would you like Israel to respond to that terrorism?
    Some die just to live
  • Options
    ogre1213 wrote:

Yeah, Israel "gave" back Gaza all the while blockading it with walls, checkpoints, and sniper towers and using these to effectively cut short supplies and aid to Gaza. Sounds very oppressive and occupational to me.
  • Options
    ogre1213 wrote:

Yeah, Israel "gave" back Gaza all the while blockading it with walls, checkpoints, and sniper towers and using these to effectively cut short supplies and aid to Gaza. Sounds very oppressive and occupational to me.

THIS IS THE SMARTEST MAN IN THE WORLD
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_ILdI9N_AY
    Some die just to live
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    ogre1213 wrote:

that was not the goal

it makes me truly sick

FUCK ISRAEL

They did nothing but insure another generation of people go on hating them and us because of their little invasion of Gaza. Fuck the Neo Cons, and again FUCK ISRAEL
  • Options
    SkeeterBSkeeterB If I knew where it was, I would take you there... Posts: 422
    it's amazing how the media only reports one side of the story. so, if someone is launching rockets at your HOUSE, are you just going to sit there and do nothing? i would hope not. now, these people who are launching rockets are launching them from areas where there are women and children. do people think that there's nothing wrong with that? it appears people have quickly forgotten that Hamas is a terrorist organization. these are the same people who were celebrating in the streets when 9/11 occurred. Now, people are feeling sympathetic towards them. Please explain why.
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
  • Options
    I gotta say that it always amazes me how these days when a country uses war to take control over more land, they think the worst of the country. Did you people sleep thru history class? Thats how countries formed their borders. It is no different today than it was before, except the weapons are more high tech..

The whole thing is retarded. stick all the militants and Israeli officials in a building and let them all kill each other. Then launch a vicious campaign to show the Palestinians how completely fucking stupid they were to elect militants labelled as terrorists in a number of countries, including Israel, then expected there to be peace and harmony.
  • Options
    Weren't three of those Israelis killed by "friendly fire"?
    yes
  • Options
    SkeeterB wrote:
    it's amazing how the media only reports one side of the story. so, if someone is launching rockets at your HOUSE, are you just going to sit there and do nothing? i would hope not. now, these people who are launching rockets are launching them from areas where there are women and children. do people think that there's nothing wrong with that? it appears people have quickly forgotten that Hamas is a terrorist organization. these are the same people who were celebrating in the streets when 9/11 occurred. Now, people are feeling sympathetic towards them. Please explain why.
    every single article I saw in mainstream reporting-without exception-reported that Hamas was firing rockets at Israel-that Israel's campaign was against Hamas. Very few listed the casualty discrepency-the one-sided violence, showed any pics of the destruction in Gaza.

Most people who sympathize with the Palestinians see this as a war against the Palestinian people-not a war against Hamas. Isreal bombed all of Gaza...for the theory to be true that Hamas was hiding behind civilians you would think there are more hamas militants than civilians in all of gaza...because all of Gaza was bombed.

Look at he caualties...13 Israeli's killed-3 by frinedly fire, 3 civilians- and almost 1500 Palestinian's killed. I can clearly see who the real terrorists are.
  • Options
    evenkatevenkat Posts: 380
    I understand that Israelis need to protect themselves but so do the Palestinians. The Palestinians are backed into a corner and are struggling to survive. They have had so much taken away from them leaving them with not much.

Obviously the Palestinians are militarily overmatched by Israel. Did Israel really have to respond to the rockets at this level and for this long? IMO Israel really overstepped here and it needs to stop!
    "...believe in lies...to get by...it's divine...whoa...oh, you know what its like..."
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    RM291946 wrote:
    show the Palestinians how completely fucking stupid they were to elect militants labelled as terrorists in a number of countries, including Israel, then expected there to be peace and harmony.

As opposed to electing Fatah and watching them sell the ground from under your feet?
  • Options
    ogre1213 wrote:

that was not the goal

it makes me truly sick
    why does it 'tear your heart out' that 'so many innocent people died' if they're all evil? :roll:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    ogre1213 wrote:
    Now, Are you saying that you support terrorism as a means to get the land back instead of diplomacy?
    if terrorism means defending your family and home... well then yes, I support them... just as I supported them in Northern Ireland. I would like Israel to respond in the ONLY way that works... talking.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    What the fuck is wrong with them? All those kids killed - there's no excuse for that.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    ogre1213 wrote:
    if terrorism means defending your family and home... well then yes, I support them... just as I supported them in Northern Ireland. I would like Israel to respond in the ONLY way that works... talking.

Hamas always have been, and always will be, nothing but terrorists. They couldn't care less about the innocent Palestinians..you know, with all the killing they've done of their own and instead of smuggling in food/medical supplies and smuggling out civilians, they only cared about brining in weapons..

But hey if you want to support that........