Options

Israel should be proud

Comments

• Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Commy wrote:
    The problem with that RM, is that Israel is violating international law whenever they take more land.

International humanitarian law prohibits [an] occupying power [from transferring] citizens from its own territory to the occupied territory (Fourth Geneva Convention, article 49). The Hague Regulations prohibit the occupying power [from undertaking] permanent changes in the occupied area, unless these are due to military needs in the narrow sense of the term, or unless they are undertaken for the benefit of the local population.
    Local population meaning the Palestinian population ALREADY in place . Not the settlers.

Are you suggesting that the illegal Jewish-only settlements benefit the Palestinians?
  • Options
    NoKNoK Posts: 824
    RM291946 wrote:
    Nok- okay I'll give you that, but they are still a terror. How stupid do you got to be to not realise that firing missiles at the folk holding you down is only going to piss them off? You get more with honey than vinegar.

Regarding Jordan, any land like that can be taken..if you have the military power to do so, it's your's to take. It's how countries formed in the first place. It's barbaric, but truth. Which actually reminds me of something I had completely forgotten. Territories captured by Israel during the 1967 Six Day War, including Gaza Strip, West Bank and eastern sections of Jerusalem, are rightfully theirs, no matter what any previous mandate was made. You fight, you win, it's yours. That is how it's been since the dawn of the concept of owning territory.

Are you serious? Do you realise that after the second world war all of these colonial ideologies changed? First of all read what Commy wrote to you regarding international law. Second, this mentality leads to the extinction of the human race and one cannot have a serious discussion if you truly believe that. What is to stop Israel from invading Lebanon, Jordan and so on since it has nuclear weapons why not blow the shit out of Iran. Why shouldn't Russia just invade Europe. Why not Hamas try to invade Israel? It seems alright in your books.

Anyway, they tried peace and it failed. If you were being subjugated you would resist in any way shape or form. It is not stupid, on the contrary you do not understand what they are going through because you haven't been through it yourself. Judging by your pro-colonial ideologies you would be the first to pick up arms if someone attempted to colonize you.

This is useless.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Byrnzie wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Commy wrote:
    The problem with that RM, is that Israel is violating international law whenever they take more land.

International humanitarian law prohibits [an] occupying power [from transferring] citizens from its own territory to the occupied territory (Fourth Geneva Convention, article 49). The Hague Regulations prohibit the occupying power [from undertaking] permanent changes in the occupied area, unless these are due to military needs in the narrow sense of the term, or unless they are undertaken for the benefit of the local population.
    Local population meaning the Palestinian population ALREADY in place . Not the settlers.

Are you suggesting that the illegal Jewish-only settlements benefit the Palestinians?

Post edited by NoK on
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,043
    Byrnzie wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Commy wrote:

No, no I'm not. they are in NO WAY benefiting anyone but themselves.Meant more as a clarification for RMblah blah. Israel is definately violating all conventions , which they were/are signatories to.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Nothing but a land grab and a show of power before the new US administration gets in. Scared stiff they won't get there veto's at the UN. Why else would they be bulldozing houses near the border once they took over the land. And suddenly they withdraw on the day Obama is inaugurated. Not long before Israeli elections too. A political stunt that has cost over a 1000 lives. Absolutely sickening!!

You may as well tell it to the wailing wall cause there's no excuse you can come up with that will justify the actions of Israel to me.
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    RMblah blah

that was mature.
    you and nok can't read my last post? unimpressed.gif
  • Options
    RM291946 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    RMblah blah

that was mature.

I replied to your last post and this statement of yours:

"As for the rest of what you said, see what I wrote to Nok about the 6 day war. Argue till your blue in the face. Israel won it, the territories are theirs."

..that says enough about you which explains the reason why you do not condemn the occupation and why what I said before regarding your criticisms of Israel being fake are true. As for this:

"When did the rules of war to seize territory get so complicated"

..so why do you criticize Hamas for trying to seize more territory? You seem to think its a human right to seize territory and live on it or is it only the right of the Israelis hahaha

You are a Zionist who supports the idea of Greater Israel. At least have the courage to state what you believe in.
  • Options
    RM291946 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    RMblah blah

that was mature.

You mean your post related to IDF claims that tunnels were built near civilian homes?

Sure, it's always a good idea to believe anything the IDF says.

Either way, where else would you suggest Hamas places it's snipers, if not on top of buildings? And does that justify the Israeli's shelling residential areas? Shelling a residential area is a war crime, as is dropping phosphorous shells on civilian areas. Do you support Israel's war crimes?

Also. did you read my posts which describe Israel's history of deliberately targeting unarmed civilians and of using Palestinians as human shields?
  • Options
    no...my last post showing I obviously am not pro-war as I don't even know the "rules of war"... :(
    it's not my forté
  • Options
    I like the fact that Israel is questioning the body count from the Palesinians. Suck it up Israel when somebody questions another body count. Get over yourselves!

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Options
    RM291946 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    RMblah blah

that was mature.
    Wasn't going to type the # to the inital.You seem to be proisrael , so whatever. I do find however you to be pretty dug in , regarding your opinions and not open to a different viewpoint.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    SkeeterB wrote:
    What the fuck is wrong with them? All those kids killed - there's no excuse for that.
    And that should really be the bottom line... end of discussion... but I'm guessing it won't be :( ;)

It's not because Hamas is firing rockets in the exact same locations where kids are. Israel is striking targets where rockets are being fired from. So how can it be end of discussion?

Keep in mind that in 2005, after occupying Gaza for 38 years, the Israeli government forced 8,500 of its own settlers out of Gaza, leaving the future of Gaza to the Palestinians. But, instead of buying peace, the response of Hamas has been over 3,000 rocket attacks on Israel.

Secretary-of-State-to-be Hillary Clinton's recent speech about the Palestinian-Israeli War in Gaza showed a steely resolve when she said that the U.S. will not negotiate with the Hamas-backed Palestinians unless Hamas recognizes the State of Israeli's right to exist.

Think about it this way in terms of the United States. Say we were enemies with Canada but decided that in order to instill peace, we gave them Michigan. A few years later, they weren't satisfied and began launching rockets (behind women and children) all over the country.
    Because NOBODY should be killing kids... whether they're Israeli or Palestinian... I really couldn't give a fuck.. they're KIDS. I don't care about the rest of the argument... there should be no 'but' to that.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    andrewbandrewb Posts: 487
    PJ
    6/03/06 6/24/08 6/25/08 6/28/08 8/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 3/13/10 5/15/10 5/18/10 5/20/10 5/21/10 9/3/11 9/4/11 9/2/12 10/18/13 10/19/13 10/25/13 10/22/14 9/26/15 5/1/16 5/2/16 8/5/16 8/7/16 8/20/16 4/7/17

Ed Ved
    8/5/08 6/12/09 6/21/11 6/22/11

Brad
    5/23/12

Soundgarden
    7/9/11 1/23/13 8/1/14

RNDM
    3/7/16
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    RM291946 wrote:
    Commy wrote:

When did the rules of war to seize territory get so complicated :?
    a few years after Hitler invaded Poland.
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    I suppose Israel should just allow Hamas to keep firing rockets at their civilians, without retaliation.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:
    I suppose Israel should just allow Hamas to keep firing rockets at their civilians, without retaliation.
    NO but if what they were/are doing creates that kind of reaction , then maybe they want to rethink he they're going about things.

• Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    NO but if what they were/are doing creates that kind of reaction , then maybe they want to rethink he they're going about things.
    yeah, those damn rockets that killed all of 3 civilians. during the same time Israel killed over 700 innocent palestinians. seems their is a slight imbalance to the violence.

btw, the rockets started again AS retaliation against Israeli aggression. Israel broke the ceasefire...not to excuse the rocket attacks-but people are putting a little too much importance in something that does almost no damage to Israel or its civilians.
  • Options
    http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite? ... 2FShowFull

Another point of view. Check it out, read it...
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    RM291946 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    RMblah blah

that was mature.
    Wasn't going to type the # to the inital.You seem to be proisrael , so whatever. I do find however you to be pretty dug in , regarding your opinions and not open to a different viewpoint.

coulda just said RM..My name is Bekka, if you prefer..
    With Hamas, it's personal, what militants did to some of my family over there. It's why I'm dug in against them.

Otherwise I don't really identify with my Jewish family, never even met them. The relatives I do know over there are Nawari (Arab Roma), not Jewish.
  • Options
    RM291946 wrote:

With Hamas, it's personal, what militants did to some of my family over there. It's why I'm dug in against them.

you see the problem here I hope. when Israel goes and kills 1500 Palestinians how many family members do you think they'll be mobilizing against them.
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Commy wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    yeah, those damn rockets that killed all of 3 civilians. during the same time Israel killed over 700 innocent palestinians. seems their is a slight imbalance to the violence.

btw, the rockets started again AS retaliation against Israeli aggression. Israel broke the ceasefire...not to excuse the rocket attacks-but people are putting a little too much importance in something that does almost no damage to Israel or its civilians.

My understanding is that during the ceasefire Hamas fired several thousand rockets into Israel.

Is Hamas targeting civilians? Please answer yes or no.

Should Israel's response, to be "proportionate", be to fire several thousand rockets back? Please answer how you would have handled it differently if you had to make the call. Hamas fired a few thousand rockets at you, killing some... attempting to kill a lot more... and you would do.... what...
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    This is the story I mentioned earlier..

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/gaza-f ... 96621.html

Gaza family says Israeli soldier shot children

SOUAD ABED RABBO was in her apartment on the edge of the Jabalya refugee camp near the Israeli border on January 7 when the call came from Israeli soldiers for everyone in the area to come outside.

Her apartment had been bombed, and there was an Israeli tank unit approaching the building.

"We started coming outside of the apartment, and we were waving white flags to show that we were not fighters," she said through a translator yesterday.

Among the first to exit the building were one of her sons, Khaled, and his wife and three daughters, Amal, 2, Sammer, 4, and Souad, 7.

Two soldiers were standing on either side of the tank outside the house, she said. Another of her sons, Husam, told the Herald that one of the soldiers was an officer.

"They were standing there just looking at us, and they were eating chips and one had chocolate and they were talking to each other," Husam said.

"We were waiting for about 10 minutes for directions on where we should go."

Husam and another son, Ahmed, said a third soldier rose from inside the tank, holding his rifle.

Their mother says she did not see the third soldier until he started shooting.

"He did it very slowly," Ahmed said. "He took careful aim at the little girls, and shot Amal and Souad three times. Sammer started running back up the steps toward the house and he shot her also."

Their grandmother started shouting, trying to push her son, Khaled, the father of the two shot girls, and his wife, back into the house. She was also shot, three times.

One bullet passed through her upper arm, another passed through her torso underneath her rib cage, and another was lodged in her abdomen.

Ahmed, Husam, and another son, Farj, recall that their mother and the three girls were dragged inside the house. "When the soldiers realised that two of the girls were dead, they said Khaled could take her to the hospital,"

Khaled starting shouting for help.

One neighbour who heard him was Ehab al-Asheikh, an ambulance driver, who told the Herald he went outside to see what had happened.

"I wanted to use the ambulance to drive Khaled to the hospital but I was prevented from doing so by the soldiers," he said.

Khaled said the soldiers told him he could take his daughter to the hospital, and he set off on foot with Sammer in his arms. His wife walked with him, carrying one of the dead girls, and another brother, Ibrahim, carried the second dead girl.

Sammer was taken to Shifa hospital, then transferred to a hospital in Egypt and is now in intensive care in a hospital in Belgium and reportedly has severe spinal injuries.

The Israeli Defence Forces later destroyed the building, and all the other residential buildings in the neighbourhood.

Ehad al-Asheikh showed the Herald his ambulance which, was crushed almost beyond recognition underneath the rubble of his former home.

An Israeli military spokesman, Captain Benjamin Rutland, said the allegations were being treated seriously and being investigated.

"With regard to this particular incident, this is being investigated at the very highest levels of the IDF," Captain Rutland said. "It is a very thorough investigation."

Captain Rutland stressed that at no stage did the IDF

target civilians.

Khaled Abed Rabbo showed pictures of the dead girls taken on his mobile phone. He also claims that he has video footage of the girls, taken after they had died, but this was not shown to the Herald.

Khaled Abed Rabbo is on the payroll of the Palestinian Authority based in the West Bank city of Ramallah, as a policeman. The family is associated with the Fatah movement of the Palestinian Authority President, Mahmoud Abbas, and is not believed to have any connections to Hamas.

He is demanding a full inquiry and wants the chance to present his own evidence.

"Why do they come after us?" Khaled asked the Herald. "We are not militants here. We are not Hamas. We are just ordinary people.

"Somebody did this to my daughters and I want the world to know what is going on here."
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:
    My understanding is that during the ceasefire Hamas fired several thousand rockets into Israel.

Should Israel's response, to be "proportionate", be to fire several thousand rockets back? Please answer how you would have handled it differently if you had to make the call. Hamas fired a few thousand rockets at you, killing some... attempting to kill a lot more... and you would do.... what...

You're understanding is WRONG. Israel broke the ceasefire on November 4th 2008 by going into Gaza and killing 6 Hamas militants after a major lull in violence. Go read all the links we posted.
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:

my understanding is that hamas don't quite have the precision stuff that Israel have... so nope, I wouldn't say they're targetting civilians... but they've no choice if they wanna retaliate... Israel have all this hi tech stuff.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    CJMST3K wrote:

actually Israel broke the cease fire-even CNN agrees http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KntmpoRXFX4

and no Hamas isn't targeting civilians. they can't target anything with those homemade rockets. they fire them blind-which is why only 3 civilians were killed, they aren't accurate enough to target schools and so on-unlike the Israeli military's arsenal.. Israel has deliberately targeted civilians..as seen when they bombed the UN school, which is just one case, of many.

So Israel broke the ceasefire , Hamas retaliated, so somehow Israel's war became about stopping the rocket attacks-which they started in the first place. Israel's actions are thecause of the rocket attacks...so the solution seems very simple to me. stop attacking Gaza and there will be no rocket attacks.
    Post edited by Commy on
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:

You mean the civilians who live in towns like Sderot, which legally belongs to the Palestinians?

They have an alternative. They can abide by international law and make a full withdrawal from the occupied territories. How's that?
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    CJMST3K wrote:

My understanding is that Israel imposed an illegal 3 year blockade of Gaza which resulted in the U.N declaring it a crime against humanity. Israel broke the terms of the ceasefire by never fully lifting the blockade. It also outright broke the ceasefire on November 5th when it carried out an illegal incursion into Gaza which left 6 Palestinians dead.
    But then I've already mentioned this. Just continue ignoring the facts.

If anyone is interested in the results on the civilian population of Gaza as a direct result of Israel's blockade of Gaza then read this:
    http://www.lrb.co.uk/v31/n01/roy_01_.html
    Post edited by Byrnzie on
  • Options
    Very good article here:

http://english.daralhayat.com/opinion/c ... story.html
    '...One of Israel's war aims must surely have been to pre-empt any attempt by the incoming US administration of Barack Obama to re-launch the moribund peace process. Valuable months will now be lost clearing up the mess. As for the outgoing Bush administration, the blatant lies of Condoleezza Rice, who blamed the war solely on Hamas, must serve as the damning political epitaph of the most ineffectual U.S. Secretary of State of modern times.
    Israel has never liked Palestinian moderates, for the simple reason that concessions might have to be made to them. To avoid being drawn into negotiations, it has always preferred Palestinian radicals - and when they were not there it has done everything it could to create them. 'How can you negotiate with someone who wants to kill you?' is a familiar Israeli refrain.
    The war on Gaza has confirmed Israel's visceral rejection of any expression of Palestinian nationalism. It will kill to prevent it, as sixty years of wars, assassinations and massacres testify. Consciously or not, Israeli leaders seem to fear that any recognition of Palestinian aspirations undermines the legitimacy of their own national enterprise.
    It may be that the war was launched precisely because Hamas has recently shown signs of moderation. Its key spokesmen - including Khaled Mish'al, head of its political bureau - have expressed their readiness to accept a Palestinian state within the 1967 borders. To Israel's dismay, they have begun to distance themselves from the movement's 1987 charter, which calls for Israel's destruction.

The Qassam rockets were a great embarrassment to the Israeli government. It was unable to stop them except by agreeing a truce. The rockets angered an Israeli population notoriously blind to any suffering but its own. But, in truth, the rockets were no more than highly irritating pin-pricks. The figures speak for themselves. Fewer than 20 Israelis have been killed by Qassam rockets since Israel withdrew from Gaza in 2005. In the same period Israel, displaying its usual astonishing indifference to Arab life, has killed some 2,000 Palestinians. Israeli state terror has been incomparably more lethal than anything Hamas could manage. The death toll continues to mount.
    Israel never liked the truce with Hamas and chose not to respect its terms. Instead of easing the blockade on Gaza -- as it was meant to do -- it tightened it, reducing the crowded, suffering Strip to abject misery. And it unilaterally broke the truce by an armed incursion on 4 November, which killed several Hamas men. In retrospect, this action must be seen as a deliberate attempt to provoke Hamas into a violent response, and thus provide Israel with a casus belli...'
  • Options
    BBC defends Gaza appeal decision - Thursday, 22 January 2009
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7846150.stm

The BBC has defended a decision not to air a TV fund-raising appeal for Gaza, saying it wanted to avoid compromising public confidence in its impartiality.

It said a decision was taken with other broadcasters not to show the Disasters Emergency Committee crisis appeal on any network in the UK.

A corporation statement added there were also doubts about "the delivery of aid in a volatile situation".

DEC said there was "clear evidence" the British public wanted to help.

In a statement, the BBC said: "The BBC decision was made because of question marks about the delivery of aid in a volatile situation and also to avoid any risk of compromising public confidence in the BBC's impartiality in the context of an ongoing news story.

"However, the BBC will, of course, continue to report the humanitarian story in Gaza."

A spokesman for ITV told the Times website: "The DEC did ask broadcasters if they could support the appeal.

"We assessed the DEC's request carefully against agreed criteria and were unable to reach the consensus which is necessary for an appeal."

Disasters Emergency Committee Gaza humanitarian appeal:
    Launched on 22 January to raise money for Gaza aid relief and reconstruction
    Participants: Action Aid, British Red Cross, Cafod, Care International, Christian Aid, Concern Worldwide, Help the Aged, Islamic Relief, Merlin, Oxfam, Save the Children, Tearfund, World Vision
    Tel: 0370 60 60 900 or go to DEC website

DEC is an umbrella organisation representing a number of aid agencies.

Spokeswoman Shaista Aziz said it was confident in the abilities of DEC members and other parts of the organisation to respond and there was an "overwhelming humanitarian need".

She added: "We regret the fact that the message we wanted to get across will not reach as many people as hoped."

Action Aid, the British Red Cross, Cafod, Care International UK, Islamic Relief, Oxfam, Save the Children and Tearfund are among the agencies affiliated to DEC.

Launching the appeal, DEC chief executive Brendan Gormley said: "DEC agencies have a humanitarian mandate. We are not proposing to attempt to rebuild Gaza... with the public's support we can help relieve short-term needs."

The British government has pledged to give £30m in humanitarian aid to crisis-torn Gaza.

At least 1,300 Palestinians were killed, nearly a third of them children, and 5,500 injured in the Israeli operation, which began on 27 December, Palestinian medical sources in Gaza say.

Israel says that it acted to stop Hamas militants targeting Israeli towns with rocket fire.

Thirteen Israelis, including three civilians, have been killed, the Israeli army says.
  • Options
    The thing is, the BBC's alleged impartiality can only benefit the aggressor/the occupier. Therefore, it's not impartial at all.