~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• Mika and Kieli are chilling with me on the couch this lazy Saturday morning.

The kitten proved to be a valuable addition to the house for not only Mika, but the humans too. She's hilarious. An interesting trait of hers: she is very vocal and 'chirps' a ton (like walking into a room where people are- almost announcing her entrance... or saying hello).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,554
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    It's true, I love that cat Annie.

But now we have this little problem.  She has peed on the bathroom rug that is close to her kitty litter box the last two nights.  What the...?  She used it to poop and has always peed there but all of the sudden- twice on the throw rug?  At least I can throw it in the washer... but do I want to have to start doing that on a regular basis.  No

Exasperated!
    is her litter box near a window?  maybe she saw something and marked her territory?
    That usually meant a UTI for Molly, Brian. Maybe take her to the vet so that they can get a urine sample. 
    Hadn't thought of that.  Thanks, Dan!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Mika and Kieli are chilling with me on the couch this lazy Saturday morning.

The kitten proved to be a valuable addition to the house for not only Mika, but the humans too. She's hilarious. An interesting trait of hers: she is very vocal and 'chirps' a ton (like walking into a room where people are- almost announcing her entrance... or saying hello).
    This is adorable, both the picture and the mental picture of the 'chirps'. This brought a much needed smile to my face :)
  • Mika and Kieli are chilling with me on the couch this lazy Saturday morning.

This is adorable, both the picture and the mental picture of the 'chirps'. This brought a much needed smile to my face :)
    Cheers!
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    @brianlux

How's Annie?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    @brianlux

How's Annie?
    Seems to be quite normal the last few day, Dan.  Thanks for asking.  I don't know, may she was just practicing negative attention getting behavior.  Not like I don't already dote on here on a regular basis, haha!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    My new phone lets you take video and just instantly make a gif from any part of that video - it's awesome. So here is one of my sweet Sid. :heart: She reaches for me like that all the time lately, it's really cute.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Sid is gorgeous. 
    :)
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
    ^ Yes she is :) those eyes....
  • PJ_Soul said:
    My new phone lets you take video and just instantly make a gif from any part of that video - it's awesome. So here is one of my sweet Sid. :heart: She reaches for me like that all the time lately, it's really cute.

Sid loves you.
    She is a very pretty kitty, if I do say so myself. ;) She does love me, so so much. She won't leave my side when I'm home, and is sad when I go out!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,364
    edited September 2018

Everybody say hello to my new babies! Ragnar is the orange and Nova is the white. They are bro and sis from the same litter they said at the humane society. The sweetest little things ever and just shy of 12 weeks old. No good pictures of them awake yet, but there will definitely be some soon enough! 
    Post edited by drakeheuer14 on
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • I have to check this thread more. So many beautiful little creatures being posted!
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016

• Everybody say hello to my new babies! Ragnar is the orange and Nova is the white. They are bro and sis from the same litter they said at the humane society. The sweetest little things ever and just shy of 12 weeks old. No good pictures of them awake yet, but there will definitely be some soon enough! 
    Oh wow are you in for some fun!

Beautiful little animals. They're going to be crazy lol!
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Cuteness! 
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Awww, male kitten feet :heart:

Wonderful that brother and sister are together for life.  Enjoy!

Everybody say hello to my new babies! Ragnar is the orange and Nova is the white. They are bro and sis from the same litter they said at the humane society. The sweetest little things ever and just shy of 12 weeks old. No good pictures of them awake yet, but there will definitely be some soon enough! 
    Aw, so sweet! Congrats!!

Adorable! Congrats.
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
    ^^ So cute! Enjoy :)
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,648
    awwwwww cuteness overload.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

• Went to the vet for the first time on Monday and they are perfectly healthy :rock_on:
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    What kind of kittie sleeps this soundly to this kind of music?  :i_dunno:

Went to the vet for the first time on Monday and they are perfectly healthy :rock_on:
    Great news!
    Gawd they are cute!

Juniper out for a walk. :)
  • Juniper out for a walk. :)

Ferocious predator on high alert!
    Think Kali might be allergic to something.  Was scratching/petting her head and noticed these scabs around her neck.  Of course i was a little worried and googled what i felt.  They said she's probably allergic to food, or possibly flea bites, but she hasn't had a flea problem in years.  So my guess is probably her diabetic cat food.  I'll have to make an appointment to find out what exactly it is.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Aww poor Kali. Keep us updated, Dave.
  • Think Kali might be allergic to something.  Was scratching/petting her head and noticed these scabs around her neck.  Of course i was a little worried and googled what i felt.  They said she's probably allergic to food, or possibly flea bites, but she hasn't had a flea problem in years.  So my guess is probably her diabetic cat food.  I'll have to make an appointment to find out what exactly it is.
    Dang.
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,067

Went to the vet for the first time on Monday and they are perfectly healthy :rock_on:
    Great news!
    Gawd they are cute!

OMG such Cuties!!!!  
    Sid looks like a sweetie, PJ Soul
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Think Kali might be allergic to something.  Was scratching/petting her head and noticed these scabs around her neck.  Of course i was a little worried and googled what i felt.  They said she's probably allergic to food, or possibly flea bites, but she hasn't had a flea problem in years.  So my guess is probably her diabetic cat food.  I'll have to make an appointment to find out what exactly it is.
    Dang.
    took her to the doctors today for her glucose count and to get the scab checked out.  Looks like it just was her scratching it a lot, so that's good.  She just gave me some ointment to put on her twice a day.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD