~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• redrock wrote:
    Not a very good pic but Captain Fuzzykins is not as ginger as we thought! Quite a mess of colours, really!!!! :lol:
    fuzzy.jpg?t=1352586904
    I wonder if Captain Fuzzykins comes equipped with tortitude? :D
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    It would seem she does CBG. I understand she's a bit of a nutter. We'll have to see how the dynamics go with the other cats go once she arrives. Maybe our other nutter of a cat will calm down!
  • redrock wrote:
    It would seem she does CBG. I understand she's a bit of a nutter. We'll have to see how the dynamics go with the other cats go once she arrives. Maybe our other nutter of a cat will calm down!
    :lol: Maybe they'll balance each other out. I am partial to crazy animals :lol:

:lol: Maybe they'll balance each other out.

With my luck Penelope and her will become partners in crime!
    I am partial to crazy animals :lol:

And I've got my fair share of those! I would say that out of my current six cats, I've got two somewhat normal (emphasis on word 'somewhat'). The other for are either neurotic, a bit crazy or totally insane. If human, they would probably be medicated or locked up! But I love them to bits.
  • redrock wrote:
    :lol: Maybe they'll balance each other out.

With my luck Penelope and her will become partners in crime!
    I am partial to crazy animals :lol:

And I've got my fair share of those! I would say that out of my current six cats, I've got two somewhat normal (emphasis on word 'somewhat'). The other for are either neurotic, a bit crazy or totally insane. If human, they would probably be medicated or locked up! But I love them to bits.
    :lol::lol: But that's what makes them lovable and entertaining :) I love them for their unique personalities (even if they drive me crazy sometimes

• tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

My cats had something similar (not as sophisticated though!). One of them weed on it - the cardboard made her do it. :evil:
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    DURP wrote:
    Our kitty we rescued from one of the wifes' rental's. Assholes left a week old kitten in a locked garage in July. It was during our two weeks off 100+ temps. Anyway he's awesome one of the funniest things he does is growl at the door when someone knocks. It's hillarious.

I'm not sure if he think's he's part dog because our female dog took care of him like one of her own as a baby or if he is just super territorial. Either way he's a great kitten and we are happy to have pig in our life.

Yes we named him pig. When i would bottle feed him he would make pig grunts when he sucked on the bottle. Now the name fits him he eats anything he will eat a chip if it falls on the floor. :lol:
    awww...I'm so glad you rescued Pig! Lucky little guy :D

Ahhhhh sunshine

EEBA00BF-EC2E-4842-AC0F-CB041A077EE5-4444-000003F06BD7BFC4.jpg

Pig about 3 months ago

IMG_4473.JPG
    My butt itches!
    This is Pig when we got him on June 14.
    IMG_20120614_193206.jpg

And the next morning i found Snowball taking over as mommy
    IMG_20120616_105917.jpg

And I can't leave out Gremmie
    IMG_4401.JPG
    My butt itches!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    funny-thanksgiving-pictures-23.jpg:D
  • DURP wrote:
    Pig about 3 months ago

IMG_4473.JPG
    awwww! What a little cutie! Gremmie is one chill cat too :lol:

Pig is gorgeous with her surrogate mother.

What can I say about Gremmie????? Maybe that he needs a pair of trousers to complete the pose!!! Cool cat :D
    redrock wrote:
    Pig is gorgeous with her surrogate mother.

What can I say about Gremmie????? Maybe that he needs a pair of trousers to complete the pose!!! Cool cat :D

Pig is awesome. Everyone always says he is so cute. He's a funny little guy we're happy yo have him.

Gremmie is awesome as well. He is very chill till he get's outside and starts killing all the field mice. Which is nice the birds don't come down from the tree anymore since he took a few of them out. They just sit up high and kind of tease him.

Cool thing is i have had both of these cat's thier whole lives. Well Pig was maybe a week old when we found him. But Gremmie has been in my life since he was born.
    My butt itches!
    DURP wrote:
    Gremmie is awesome as well. He is very chill till he get's outside and starts killing all the field mice. Which is nice the birds don't come down from the tree anymore since he took a few of them out. They just sit up high and kind of tease him.

Sounds like my Dookie - he has taken over my old girl (21 years old) as the main hunter. We don't even have birds in our trees anymore.....
    redrock wrote:
    DURP wrote:

Sounds like my Dookie - he has taken over my old girl (21 years old) as the main hunter. We don't even have birds in our trees anymore.....

While i was smoking the turkey wed Gremmie hung around and kept meowing. Looking at me like "Hey dude when is it ready?"
    My butt itches!
  • Sweet Pea loves the tree :D

2DFBD404-8157-47E7-866B-8F53495746BF-16074-00000C1B390D3AE1.jpg

Sweet Pea loves the tree :D

Nice

We are figuring out what do with our tree. Gremmie I'm not too worried about he doesn't care about it he just want's to lay under it. But being this will be the first time Pig has been around a bright shiney tree with all kinds of cool orniments that of course he will think is for him. We have to figure out what to do.

I'm thinking I might teather it to the oak desk and not put any orniments near his reach.
    My butt itches!
  • So we had to take Mr. Pickles to the vet two weeks ago because he seemed to be belly breathing quite hard and wasn't as playful anymore and slept a lot. The doctor said the prognosis would be bad, and that he had fluids in his lungs. She said it could be a virus or a heart disease named hcm which is quite typical for cats :( Now, we are giving him a diuretic three times a day and since we started doing that a week ago, he seems to be much more agile, is playing a lot and eating like a horse. His breathing seems to be better, but we can still see some movement in the belly. The x-ray for the cat was $80 :shock: We don't really know what to do at the moment, going to the vet for more diagnostics is not affordable at the moment. I guess we just have to wait and pray ... Maybe he has just had a chest infection resulting from the kennel cough in the shelter. Does anyone here have experiences with hcm in a cat?
    305.JPG

"You stay on your side of the box"
    My butt itches!
  • DURP wrote:
    Sweet Pea loves the tree :D

Nice

We are figuring out what do with our tree. Gremmie I'm not too worried about he doesn't care about it he just want's to lay under it. But being this will be the first time Pig has been around a bright shiney tree with all kinds of cool orniments that of course he will think is for him. We have to figure out what to do.

I'm thinking I might teather it to the oak desk and not put any orniments near his reach.
    :lol: good thinking. When my cats were kittens I only put ornaments on the top half of the tree. Fortunately they never tried to climb it, but my brother's kitten launched herself from their loft directly onto the top of their tree :shock: :lol:

• So we had to take Mr. Pickles to the vet two weeks ago because he seemed to be belly breathing quite hard and wasn't as playful anymore and slept a lot. The doctor said the prognosis would be bad, and that he had fluids in his lungs. She said it could be a virus or a heart disease named hcm which is quite typical for cats :( Now, we are giving him a diuretic three times a day and since we started doing that a week ago, he seems to be much more agile, is playing a lot and eating like a horse. His breathing seems to be better, but we can still see some movement in the belly. The x-ray for the cat was $80 :shock: We don't really know what to do at the moment, going to the vet for more diagnostics is not affordable at the moment. I guess we just have to wait and pray ... Maybe he has just had a chest infection resulting from the kennel cough in the shelter. Does anyone here have experiences with hcm in a cat?
    I don't have any experience with hcm, but I just wanted to say I hope Mr. Pickles makes a full recovery. He is adorable and seems like he is very lovable. Good thoughts being sent for him

I don't have any experience with hcm, but I just wanted to say I hope Mr. Pickles makes a full recovery. He is adorable and seems like he is very lovable. Good thoughts being sent for him

Thank you. He is such a sweetheart, it would break my heart if we had to put him to sleep :( But we keep up hope. If it is indeed hcm, there is nothing really that you can do. It's genetic. He would have to take heart medicine :? Time will tell, I guess. And in the meantime, we just enjoy every moment that we have with the little goofball :)
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    So we had to take Mr. Pickles to the vet two weeks ago because he seemed to be belly breathing quite hard and wasn't as playful anymore and slept a lot. The doctor said the prognosis would be bad, and that he had fluids in his lungs. She said it could be a virus or a heart disease named hcm which is quite typical for cats :( Now, we are giving him a diuretic three times a day and since we started doing that a week ago, he seems to be much more agile, is playing a lot and eating like a horse. His breathing seems to be better, but we can still see some movement in the belly. The x-ray for the cat was $80 :shock: We don't really know what to do at the moment, going to the vet for more diagnostics is not affordable at the moment. I guess we just have to wait and pray ... Maybe he has just had a chest infection resulting from the kennel cough in the shelter. Does anyone here have experiences with hcm in a cat?

Thank you. He is such a sweetheart, it would break my heart if we had to put him to sleep :( But we keep up hope. If it is indeed hcm, there is nothing really that you can do. It's genetic. He would have to take heart medicine :? Time will tell, I guess. And in the meantime, we just enjoy every moment that we have with the little goofball :)

my cats have never had it either (knock on wood). Hope Mr. Pickles gets better though :)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Get better Mr. Pickles
    My butt itches!
    309.JPG

Pig loves him some mike pillow
    My butt itches!
  • The Pickle was in a funny mood last night :D

pickle.jpg
    The Pickle was in a funny mood last night :D

pickle.jpg

Mr Pickle looks like Gremmie

He looks like he is saying "Hey somebody rub my belly I demand it!"
    My butt itches!
  • DURP wrote:

Mr Pickle looks like Gremmie

He looks like he is saying "Hey somebody rub my belly I demand it!"

Yeah, he loves that! He is so long, it's a lot of fun rubbing his belly :D Your Gremmie looks awesome :thumbup:!!