Options

~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,920
    GlowGirl said:

Pete watching the hovering hummingbird that is checking her out.

That is really cool. I love hummingbirds. But we don’t have them around here. 
    They are cool little birds.  They sound like little helicopters as they buzz around you. The ones in our yard are very curious.  They often hover about watching us in our yard. 

I took these a few years ago in my backyard:

You can see its tongue getting the nectar in this one.

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options

Last night! Woot!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,304
    Damn those are great pictures! I’ve seen a hummingbird once here in my backyard! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Damn those are great pictures! I’ve seen a hummingbird once here in my backyard! 
    Thanks Jose.

Pete did something really weird and cool last night.  Not sure what she heard or saw, but she sat like this for more than a minute.  Spooooky!

• Options
    Thanks Jose.

Pete did something really weird and cool last night.  Not sure what she heard or saw, but she sat like this for more than a minute.  Spooooky!

Ha that is different but really cool good looking girl 
  • Options
    Theo loves her brother 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,894
    So many cute cats we all own. I love the photos.
  • Options
    We have my sister in law visiting from California! I can tell you Orin & Theo are not happy specially the boy they are afraid of strangers 
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Hello, I haven't posted in a while. I lost my 2 kitties since I last posted on this thread. It's been a few years but I have a new crazy kitty now that my daughter named Loki. Her eyes seem to be permanently dilated and she is the wildest cat I've ever met, albeit the sweetest as well. 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    Hello, I haven't posted in a while. I lost my 2 kitties since I last posted on this thread. It's been a few years but I have a new crazy kitty now that my daughter named Loki. Her eyes seem to be permanently dilated and she is the wildest cat I've ever met, albeit the sweetest as well. 
    Awww welcome back.  I remember the screen name!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,904
    edited July 2023

Sorry about your loss for the two kitties, but glad you got another one. Also welcome back. :smiley:

Do we get to see pics of him?

Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    I’d like to thank the academy . . .  😂😇

• Options
    I’d like to thank the academy . . .  😂😇

👏👏👏👏
  • Options
    Hey there Tempo and thank you, it's good to be back!
  • Options

Sorry about your loss for the two kitties, but glad you got another one. Also welcome back. :smiley:

I appreciate it Dave. Here SHE is ;) 
  • Options

The look of bewilderment she’s a beauty 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496

Super cute, haunting. 

Welcome back. 
  • Options

awwww! :smiley:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Thanks! She is the wildest cat I've ever adopted but she is also the most affectionate. 😀
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    I'm curious as to if anyone here has had this happen.  We took Annie to the vet today because she has developed a limp in her right leg.  They had us leave her there for the day for x-rays.  Thankfully it's nothing broken or really serious- she's 12 years old and has some kind of kitty bursitis. 
    The odd thing that happened is this: We took her home in her cage and when we got her in the house, let her out of the cage. I noticed right away she has a weird chemical smell on her fur.  By the time we got home it was too late to call the vet so I'm hoping I can get some explanation from them tomorrow.  I don't remember this ever happening with any pets at the vet before.  It smells like some kind of bug spray or antiseptic or something- pretty awful.  For me, so bad I can't even pick her up or put her in my lap (rather unhappy about that!).  The smell has been giving me a headache, so she will have to sleep in the back room.  Bummer because she normally sleeps with us.
    I guess I'll just have to wait and hope it dissipates soon.  Just seems like this should not happen.
    probably the sedative that you are smelling
    never had that happen to mine (least not that i'm aware of)

I think my one cat, Kia, is part raccoon. She digs through my trash and gets anything edible she can get a hold of (especially meat). Recently I had to put their cat food and treats somewhere where she can't get to cause one time she tore a big hole and her treats were everywhere on the floor. And this past Monday I woke up to find the got to my bread. The bread was on the floor, bag chewed and some pieces were eaten. :angry:

Well this is kinda disgusting so Kyra threw up earlier today and Kia tried to eat what Kyra threw up. Luckily i caught her before she started.Pearl-Jam-Smileys
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    I'm curious as to if anyone here has had this happen.  We took Annie to the vet today because she has developed a limp in her right leg.  They had us leave her there for the day for x-rays.  Thankfully it's nothing broken or really serious- she's 12 years old and has some kind of kitty bursitis. 
    The odd thing that happened is this: We took her home in her cage and when we got her in the house, let her out of the cage. I noticed right away she has a weird chemical smell on her fur.  By the time we got home it was too late to call the vet so I'm hoping I can get some explanation from them tomorrow.  I don't remember this ever happening with any pets at the vet before.  It smells like some kind of bug spray or antiseptic or something- pretty awful.  For me, so bad I can't even pick her up or put her in my lap (rather unhappy about that!).  The smell has been giving me a headache, so she will have to sleep in the back room.  Bummer because she normally sleeps with us.
    I guess I'll just have to wait and hope it dissipates soon.  Just seems like this should not happen.
    probably the sedative that you are smelling
    never had that happen to mine (least not that i'm aware of)

I think my one cat, Kia, is part raccoon. She digs through my trash and gets anything edible she can get a hold of (especially meat). Recently I had to put their cat food and treats somewhere where she can't get to cause one time she tore a big hole and her treats were everywhere on the floor. And this past Monday I woke up to find the got to my bread. The bread was on the floor, bag chewed and some pieces were eaten. :angry:

Well this is kinda disgusting so Kyra threw up earlier today and Kia tried to eat what Kyra threw up. Luckily i caught her before she started.Pearl-Jam-Smileys
    😂😂😂 my goodness, that is both hilarious and gross.  Cats, eh?
  • Options

• Options

So cute. Looks like they are friends now. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

So cute. Looks like they are friends now. 
    More like frienemies, but they tolerate each other, so we’ll take it. 
  • Options
    AS242348AS242348 Posts: 65
    edited July 2023

Mog and Monty chilling in the garden.
    London O2 Arena 2009
    London Hyde Park 2010
    Manchester MEN Arena 2 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome 2 2012
    Vienna Stadhalle 2014
    London O2 Arena 1 2018
    London O2 Arena 2 2018
    London Hyde Park 2 2022
  • Options
    AS242348 said:

Beauty’s nice picture 
  • Options
    AS242348 said:

Gorgeous cats. My first cat was a black cat. I miss her. 
  • Options
    Orin catching some shade it’s a gorgeous sunny day! Hope everyone can enjoy it ✌️
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    The first pic is our senior cat Zoe. She’s a livable mush. 
    2nd is Milton mayhem monster. He’s protecting us from the spider that got in. He’s a little terror but too damn cute. 
    3rd is scaredy cat DarkStar Twinkle Toes. She’s a polydactyl. She’s our failed foster cat. She was so scared of everything. She still doesn’t like anyone standing over her. This was rare for her to jump on me on the couch. She usually does this when I go to bed. 
  • Options
    The first pic is our senior cat Zoe. She’s a livable mush. 
    2nd is Milton mayhem monster. He’s protecting us from the spider that got in. He’s a little terror but too damn cute. 
    3rd is scaredy cat DarkStar Twinkle Toes. She’s a polydactyl. She’s our failed foster cat. She was so scared of everything. She still doesn’t like anyone standing over her. This was rare for her to jump on me on the couch. She usually does this when I go to bed. 
    Nice are they indoors only? My two love to try to get insects but my female is a pure hunter!