Options

~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,891

I could never get any of my cats to tolerate a collar or a leash. They never go outside though. Cute photo. Are they friends?

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,025
    GlowGirl said:

I could never get any of my cats to tolerate a collar or a leash. They never go outside though. Cute photo. Are they friends?

Haha. No. First time they met. The birma got a bit too close and my cat slapped him
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

• Options

Are we going to the vet?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    Just enjoying the outside brick rub 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

Are we going to the vet?
    Went to my mom for a few days :)
  • Options
    Such cute kitty photos. I will need to take and post some new ones. 
  • Options

• Options

I found this photo of one my cats as a kitten. I think she looks like a Disney character. 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    Our newer cat Milton, "Milton Monster" wants to play w the other older cats but they just want none of it.  The younger of the two just hisses every time poor Milton walks by.  

He lays down by her and tries to engage but nadda.
  • Options
    Our newer cat Milton, "Milton Monster" wants to play w the other older cats but they just want none of it.  The younger of the two just hisses every time poor Milton walks by.  

He lays down by her and tries to engage but nadda.
    How long have you had Milton (and why have we not seen photos)? Sometimes, it takes time for them to all get along.

• Options
    You must have 20/20 vision to spot the gray cat with neon green vest and white face 😂😂😂 white paws 

• Options
    You must have 20/20 vision to spot the gray cat with neon green vest and white face 😂😂😂 white paws 

Awww!!! Playing hide and seek. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    edited June 2023
    Nuala’s hide & go seek skills are lacking. 

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    I'm curious as to if anyone here has had this happen.  We took Annie to the vet today because she has developed a limp in her right leg.  They had us leave her there for the day for x-rays.  Thankfully it's nothing broken or really serious- she's 12 years old and has some kind of kitty bursitis. 
    The odd thing that happened is this: We took her home in her cage and when we got her in the house, let her out of the cage. I noticed right away she has a weird chemical smell on her fur.  By the time we got home it was too late to call the vet so I'm hoping I can get some explanation from them tomorrow.  I don't remember this ever happening with any pets at the vet before.  It smells like some kind of bug spray or antiseptic or something- pretty awful.  For me, so bad I can't even pick her up or put her in my lap (rather unhappy about that!).  The smell has been giving me a headache, so she will have to sleep in the back room.  Bummer because she normally sleeps with us.
    I guess I'll just have to wait and hope it dissipates soon.  Just seems like this should not happen.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    I'm curious as to if anyone here has had this happen.  We took Annie to the vet today because she has developed a limp in her right leg.  They had us leave her there for the day for x-rays.  Thankfully it's nothing broken or really serious- she's 12 years old and has some kind of kitty bursitis. 
    The odd thing that happened is this: We took her home in her cage and when we got her in the house, let her out of the cage. I noticed right away she has a weird chemical smell on her fur.  By the time we got home it was too late to call the vet so I'm hoping I can get some explanation from them tomorrow.  I don't remember this ever happening with any pets at the vet before.  It smells like some kind of bug spray or antiseptic or something- pretty awful.  For me, so bad I can't even pick her up or put her in my lap (rather unhappy about that!).  The smell has been giving me a headache, so she will have to sleep in the back room.  Bummer because she normally sleeps with us.
    I guess I'll just have to wait and hope it dissipates soon.  Just seems like this should not happen.
    I hope she is ok. I haven’t noticed that kind of smell before. Let us know what the vet says. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:
    I hope she is ok. I haven’t noticed that kind of smell before. Let us know what the vet says. 
    Same.

Hopefully it dissipates quickly, Brian. That sucks. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    brianlux said:
    probably the sedative that you are smelling
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,896
    brianlux said:
    never had that happen to mine (least not that i'm aware of)

I think my one cat, Kia, is part raccoon. She digs through my trash and gets anything edible she can get a hold of (especially meat). Recently I had to put their cat food and treats somewhere where she can't get to cause one time she tore a big hole and her treats were everywhere on the floor. And this past Monday I woke up to find the got to my bread. The bread was on the floor, bag chewed and some pieces were eaten. :angry:

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    brianlux said:

I think my one cat, Kia, is part raccoon. She digs through my trash and gets anything edible she can get a hold of (especially meat). Recently I had to put their cat food and treats somewhere where she can't get to cause one time she tore a big hole and her treats were everywhere on the floor. And this past Monday I woke up to find the got to my bread. The bread was on the floor, bag chewed and some pieces were eaten. :angry:

Uhmm they are curious 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:
    Thanks, GG.  The vet says she has a form of bursitis.  He gave her an anti-inflammatory injection and a three day course of similar in pill form.  After that she will get daily treats containing glucosamine sulfate (which I've been taking for years for arthritis and it helps big-time!)  She doesn't seem to be in pain but has a chronic limp.  I'm trying to discourage her from jumping down off of things like stools and the few other places she is allowed to be up on.  If my back isn't too sore, I lift her down because when she jumps down, she land feet first (of course.)
    brianlux said:
    Possibly if it was topical.  They didn't need to give her anesthesia for the x-rays- probably because she is really mellow around people.  My sister suggested that it might be flea powder because her vet powders their pet patients before they go home.  The smell has dissipated some and I'm guessing will get better as she cleans herself. 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:

Uhmm they are curious 
    i kinda get that but i've never had a cat do that before. :neutral:

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Uhmm they are curious 

My male cat is a bit like that. If he could get into my trash he would. I don’t throw food scraps in there. I put those in a separate bag which I keep up high out of his reach and then take it down to the trashcans for our building every morning. Once I came home from grocery shopping and went to use the bathroom really fast. When I came out he had gotten into my deli meat and ate a quarter pound of turkey. He also eats plants so they are either hanging or on a high shelf. Little bugger but I love him anyway. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:

Uhmm they are curious 

My male cat is a bit like that. If he could get into my trash he would. I don’t throw food scraps in there. I put those in a separate bag which I keep up high out of his reach and then take it down to the trashcans for our building every morning. Once I came home from grocery shopping and went to use the bathroom really fast. When I came out he had gotten into my deli meat and ate a quarter pound of turkey. He also eats plants so they are either hanging or on a high shelf. Little bugger but I love him anyway. 

yeah that sounds like Kia! :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:

Uhmm they are curious 

Our little bastard Milton loves turkey and chicken.  He is also partial to American cheese. When I make my lunch in the morning he comes a running when he heres the Tupperware or the baggies.

Now Zoey.  Her nickname is also chewy.  Why?  She chews EVERYTHING!  Loves plants.  Speaking of which, I need to make some kitty grass tonight!
  • Options

Spooning with the catnip. 
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,920

Pete watching the hovering hummingbird that is checking her out.

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options

Wow... great shots. 
  • Options

That is really cool. I love hummingbirds. But we don’t have them around here.