Options

~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• Options
    Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
    001-5.jpg?t=1274037967

Awwwww!!! looks like a chubbier version of my boy Riley :D

Speaking of which... the little shit ventured into next door but one's garden yesterday and got himself into a spat with the cat that lives there... he has a little cut on his ear and a bruised ego. I had to rescue him :roll: Mind you, our cats are so dim, the other cat probably just sat and watched as Riley shut his eyes and blindly threw his paws and claws around and caught his own ear :roll: :lol:

She's not chubbie, she's just big boned, LOL. Seriosuly she's not really that fat. She only weighs like 13 pounds.

Oh no offense meant! She just looks so chubbily in this picture! I wasn't saying your kitty was fat :)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    This is Eddie. He is about 3.5 yrs old now. He has a really annoying habit of wanting attention during the night, and takes to biting my nose, licking my face and/or chewing my hair to get it...

th_IMG_2734.jpg

th_IMG_1366.jpg

And this is Mookie, he's about 1 and VERY fat :lol: He tries to eat everything! ...note Mookie is pink in one of the photos as he rolled around in chalk that my kids had been drawing with outside :lol:

th_IMG_5161.jpg

th_IMG_5145.jpg
    Two utterly gorgeous kitties right there!! :mrgreen:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    Thank you :D

They are a great source of entertainment :lol: I have said before that I would never NOT have a cat in the house...they are such good company, especially snuggly ones :)
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options

They are a great source of entertainment :lol: I have said before that I would never NOT have a cat in the house...they are such good company, especially snuggly ones :)

Snuggly kitties are the best! :D
    I noticed a HUGE difference of snuggily-ness between male and female cats though. I used to have 3 females and apart from one (who had mental difficulties) they weren't snuggily at all. I now have two boys and they LOVE cuddles more than anything! :D

• Options

I noticed a HUGE difference of snuggily-ness between male and female cats though. I used to have 3 females and apart from one (who had mental difficulties) they weren't snuggily at all. I now have two boys and they LOVE cuddles more than anything! :D
    I totally agree! Female cats are probably best on their own, I've owned both and I find if I have two male cats people start thinking they are gay :lol: because they snuggle with each other AND me.

So, it stands to say that males are really just big softies? ;):lol:
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options

I totally agree! Female cats are probably best on their own, I've owned both and I find if I have two male cats people start thinking they are gay :lol: because they snuggle with each other AND me.

Absolutely! :lol:

My boys snuggle each other all the time... they constantly play together too... I just they'd bloody leave each other alone at times :roll:

To be honest though, it's the cutest thing in the world to see them snuggled up on the bed together... especially when my boyfriend goes to lie with them and they get really happy to see him :oops: :D

• Options

My boys snuggle each other all the time... they constantly play together too... I just they'd bloody leave each other alone at times :roll:

To be honest though, it's the cutest thing in the world to see them snuggled up on the bed together... especially when my boyfriend goes to lie with them and they get really happy to see him :oops: :D
    Awwww :) It's nice to find a man who likes cats.

My boyfriend is allergic :o
  • Options

Awwww :) It's nice to find a man who likes cats.

Oh good grief... Does he live with you and yours?! :shock:

• Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Awwww :)It's nice to find a man who likes cats.

Absolutely! :mrgreen:

That's a shame.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:

How does your man get on with your baby, Emmi? :)

• Options
    eMMI wrote:

Wonderfully. :) He loves kitties, Nauhuri loves practically everyone ( :lol: ) - it all works out. I think Kirk misses Nauhuri as much as he misses me. :P
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    eMMI wrote:

Wonderfully. :) He loves kitties, Nauhuri loves practically everyone ( :lol: ) - it all works out. I think Kirk misses Nauhuri as much as he misses me. :P

Awwww that's awesome! :D

I'd love to meet your kitty, she's so bloody cute! :D

• Options
    eMMI wrote:

Awwww that's awesome! :D

I'd love to meet your kitty, she's so bloody cute! :D

Yup, awesome is what my fella is. 8-):D

You're welcome to stop by anytime you're around our way. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Cute new kitty pics everyone!!! I guess i will be getting 2 new kitties that my son needs to adopt out.....they are about 4-5 weeks now---cannot recall what is a good age to adopt out. I am thinking 809 weeks. anyway...here are a few pics:

kittenssleeping.jpg

Nickskitten.jpg

tiny pics--don't know why when they are HUGE when I open them! :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    So sweet Lizard! They are old enough to be homed once they are weaned and eat properly. I had my last two at 7 weeks (from my neighbour) and the one before that at 6 weeks. This one was from the RSPCA - she (and her 5 brothers and sisters) had been dumped at barely 3 weeks (in a bag, in a box, in a trash can). When they were found, they were nearly dead but nursed back to health. So obviously, she was weaned early.

Sweet lil' additions to the family!

Yellowled... One of my cats was named Mookie at the beginning of her life. But my daughter named her brother Dookie and I kept on getting mixed up. So I renamed her Mojo :oops:

Must post recent pics of all of them!

Yep..... my two males are just big girl's blouses.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info, Redrock!!

Dumped in a trash can??!!! Uggh.
  • Options
    Sian, my BF doesn't live with me but I do vacuum really well before he comes over and the cats stay outside when he's here...it works for everyone :) Although we do get evil looks from them beyond the glass door :lol:

I've heard it's their actual saliva that causes allergies, not the fur, but it may be different in each case...I think I was allergic to cats when I was younger but have been desensitised now :D
  • Options
    Sian, my BF doesn't live with me but I do vacuum really well before he comes over and the cats stay outside when he's here...it works for everyone :) Although we do get evil looks from them beyond the glass door :lol:

I've heard it's their actual saliva that causes allergies, not the fur, but it may be different in each case...I think I was allergic to cats when I was younger but have been desensitised now :D

I think you should make your man live with you... desensitise him... it'll do him good, promise ;)

Our boy Sykes has taken to scratching at doors that are closed... it's driving us insane and we don't know how to stop him :(

• Options
    Has anyone used this before? http://www.feliway.com/gb

I'm having some slight 'issues' with a couple of my cats... rogue is totally paranoid and Jet takes avantage of this and both are being a bit 'naughty' from time to time.

I was told this could help both cats (especially Rogue) as it makes the cats 'happy', therefore less stress, therefore no 'bad' behaviour. Sian, seems it also helps with scratching.

It's pricey but if it actually helps, it would worth it. So, anyone with experience of this product, please speak up!
  • Options

I think you should make your man live with you... desensitise him... it'll do him good, promise ;)

Our boy Sykes has taken to scratching at doors that are closed... it's driving us insane and we don't know how to stop him :(
    Yesssssssssssssssss I agree re: desensitsing BF ;)

Ugh, the scratching on doors, I hear ya...so annoying. Not to mention the damage they do to the doors, especially if they're wood doors. I tape duct tape to the panels to protect the door itself, but when Eddie does it, the whole door bangs, and it's usually when he wants to go outside - and having kids I just let him out to shut him up so as not to wake them at night.

Not sure how you could stop it - maybe try spraying a mix of vinegar and water (or straight vinegar) on the door, they don't like the smell, so maybe it will stop the scratching. Aluminium foil might be useful taped to the door, along the bottom - though not such a good look :lol:
  • Options
    redrock wrote:

I'm having some slight 'issues' with a couple of my cats... rogue is totally paranoid and Jet takes avantage of this and both are being a bit 'naughty' from time to time.

I was told this could help both cats (especially Rogue) as it makes the cats 'happy', therefore less stress, therefore no 'bad' behaviour. Sian, seems it also helps with scratching.

It's pricey but if it actually helps, it would worth it. So, anyone with experience of this product, please speak up!
    I've never used it but I've heard only good things...seems to release the chemical that cats use to mark their territory (I think??)...anyway, in terms of spraying I hear it works well. Might be well worth the price if youre at your wits end.

With cats, if they are spraying or being messy, putting more litter trays around can help...they hate going anywhere dirty, or near their food...and if they can still smell their "mess" even after you clean it, they will keep going in that spot.

A GREAT MIX TO CLEAN UP AFTER CATS IS:

Vinegar, water and dishwashing liquid, with bicarb soda.

If your cat has sprayed on the couch arm or against something fabric, or on the carpet - try this.
    Spray the area with a mix of water and vinegar, then cover area with bicarb soda...squirt dishwashing liquid over soda and rub in with fingers. When its dry vacuum it up (I also like to wash over again with vinegar).

The enzymes in the washing detergent break down the pee, and the vinegar eliminates the odour. This is really good if you want to stop your cat from continually peeing in the same spot, as they can no longer smell it.

It worked really well for me (ha! not that I was spraying my furniture :lol: For the cats!) :D

Good luck :)
  • Options
    Thanks yellow... Think I will get some of that 'happy' stuff - as I said, my Rogue girl is quite paranoid.

My cats don't have litter trays, they go out. They won't do in a box.

I've tried bicarb & lemon (or hydrogen peroxide for the stains as well). Unfortunately, a favourite spot is on untreated parquet flooring. Very difficult to get the smell out. Well... it doesn't smell for us, but for them it still does. I'll try the dishwashing liquid.

The intention is to get our house repainted and the parquets sanded and sealed in the next couple of months (what a great 'stresser' for the kitties!). Obviously, I want it odourless before being sealed. Though once done, 'liquids' won't be able to sink in the wood.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:

I've used Feliway before. Infact I have a sprayer of it at home. We got it when we got the boys to spray around the house when we first brought them home. It relaxed them no end and helped getting them settled as they were rescue cats and quite nervous.

Be prepared though Rita, it's not cheap. Our 150ml bottle cost us about £28. I could bring it down for you to test in a couple of weeks is you like? :)

• Options
    Thanks Sian. I know about the cost... I've checked!!!

I'll think I'll just get some. They have deals for the diffuser, refill and spray so I might get that. I'll have chilled out cats! Though for a couple of them, more chilled out than they are, I would have to poke them to see if they are still alive!

You'll be meeting my kitties soon! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    We wanted a diffuser when we got ours but Pet At Home was out of stock :(

Our kitties aren't chilled out at all... they're a pain in the arse to be honest :lol:
    Mind you, we came downstairs this morning and Riley had hocked up a HUGE furball. He was really scared so I figured he'd only just done it and was still a bit spooked. He wouldn't eat his breakfast :( Hopefully when I get home he'll be acting like his throats been cut and clawing my leg off for food... ie. 'Normal' :roll:

Can't wait to meet your kitties Rita! I'll be taking plenty of pictures and spreading big fusses and tummy rubs all round :mrgreen:

• Options
    OK... got the Feliway diffuser & spray today. Plugged the diffuser in, sprayed other bits.... Waiting.... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    OK... got the Feliway diffuser & spray today. Plugged the diffuser in, sprayed other bits.... Waiting.... :mrgreen:

Any noticeable mellowness, then? :mrgreen:

It's my kittygirl's birthday today. :D She got a lovely present from my friends, a few packets of gourmet kittyfood and three (three!) different kinds of treats. What a spoiled kitty she is. :lol:
  • Options
    I wish Emmi! Though Dookie, any chiller and you would have to poke him to check he is still alive! Apparently it can take up to 4 weeks for a noticeable change.

Happy birthdy to kittygirl!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    I wish Emmi! Though Dookie, any chiller and you would have to poke him to check he is still alive! Apparently it can take up to 4 weeks for a noticeable change.

Happy birthdy to kittygirl!

Kitty says "thank you". Possibly. :P

Four weeks? That's a long wait, but hopefully worth it. :) My kitty rarely looks like she needs a-pokin'. Even when she's chilling out, she'll lift her head every now and then and have a chat with me. :lol:
  • Options
    So my son brought up the 2 new kitties we are adopting from him. Our other cat is not too happy but seems to be adjusting a little bit more each day. Both kitties are using the litter box (yay) and they are so damned cute I could scream!!

Hugging: 102_0756.jpg

Their markings are exactly the same except they have different colors of fur!! Crazy. 102_0758.jpg

Still so tiny (they are about 9 weeks old)—this is my son’s arm with the darker when in the crook. 102_0761.jpg

Not decided on names yet...my husband wants cool and chill (hahaha)
    I had tossed around cinnabon and Julius (orange julius)

:D