Options

~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Good to hear that Sian. You now can relax! Riley is going to make fun of his shaved tummy! (I assume they shaved it!).
  • Options
    The vet just called, he can come home tonight and his leukemia and FIV tests are negative :D

They want to keep him on fluids as long as possible so I have to get him at 5:45pm. The vet said she'd go through everything with me then.

Apparently he's absolutely fine and came round from the aneasthetic really well... and he's purring at all the staff :roll: :mrgreen:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Good to hear that Sian. You now can relax! Riley is going to make fun of his shaved tummy! (I assume they shaved it!).

They did... with his bald spot on his neck, the bald spot on his throat, the one on his leg and his tummy he's gonna look like a right proper Frankenkitty! :D

What with that and a lampshade guard, Riley's gonna have a field day... 8-)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    redrock wrote:

They did... with his bald spot on his neck, the bald spot on his throat, the one on his leg and his tummy he's gonna look like a right proper Frankenkitty! :D

OMG! All those shaved bits! And the 'collar'.... it's so funny watching them with that! Is that a mean thing to say? :oops:
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    redrock wrote:

OMG! All those shaved bits! And the 'collar'.... it's so funny watching them with that! Is that a mean thing to say? :oops:

Not at all! Trust me, it's gonna cause hilarity in our house... I may even post up pictures :lol:

Is it bad that I cried when they said he was ok and could come home today? :oops:

• Options

Is it bad that I cried when they said he was ok and could come home today? :oops:

Only natural... you love your kittybaby!
  • Options
    The vet just called, he can come home tonight and his leukemia and FIV tests are negative :D

They want to keep him on fluids as long as possible so I have to get him at 5:45pm. The vet said she'd go through everything with me then.

Apparently he's absolutely fine and came round from the aneasthetic really well... and he's purring at all the staff :roll: :mrgreen:

:thumbup:
    excellent news!
    glad sykes is a-ok!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    sky.jpg

liza.jpg
    6-29-98 Chicago, 10-9-00 Chicago, 4-23-03 Champaign, 6-18-03 Chicago, 7-1-03 Bristow, 10-1-04 Reading, 10-11-04 DC, 9-30-05 Atlantic City, 5-30-06 DC, 6-17-08 VA Beach, 8-17-08 DC (Ed), 6-15-09 Baltimore (Ed), 5-13-10 Bristow, 10-29-13 Charlottesville, 4-18-16 Hampton
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,965
    glad to hear your cat is doing well Sian :D

cute cats bigperm, last one kinda looks like one of mine. Is the first one a siamese cat?

Few more pics of my cats
    17364_1366722687523_1215349733_1072043_7834390_n.jpg
    17364_1366722887528_1215349733_1072048_7688973_n.jpg
    17364_1366723007531_1215349733_1072051_3853922_n.jpg
    17364_1366722847527_1215349733_1072047_2966005_n.jpg
    22264_1337706642140_1215349733_993283_4191530_n.jpg
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    yeah, he's a chocolate-point siamese...although sometimes we think he may be a seal-point....

the bottom is a calico/tabby mix....big girl....
    6-29-98 Chicago, 10-9-00 Chicago, 4-23-03 Champaign, 6-18-03 Chicago, 7-1-03 Bristow, 10-1-04 Reading, 10-11-04 DC, 9-30-05 Atlantic City, 5-30-06 DC, 6-17-08 VA Beach, 8-17-08 DC (Ed), 6-15-09 Baltimore (Ed), 5-13-10 Bristow, 10-29-13 Charlottesville, 4-18-16 Hampton
  • Options
    bigperm wrote:
    yeah, he's a chocolate-point siamese...although sometimes we think he may be a seal-point....

Either way he's a gorgeous kittyboy! :mrgreen:

My boy Sykes is sooooooooooooo much better! :mrgreen:
    We went out for a few drinkies last night, came home around 3am. He indicated to us that he was really hungry so we bit the bullet, took his cone off and let him eat... He had some crunchies and I was so happy and relieved (and emotionally drunk :oops: ) that I cried :oops: :roll: :) He ate his first full meal this morning and he's getting better with his pills :thumbup: H'e more himself, he's been chasing feet under the duvet and generally being a little bugger :D

I thought i'd post some pictures of the Frankenkitty for you all to laugh at... shit, I mean give sympathy to... 8-)

SDC14773.jpg
    ^ His poor shaved tummy! ^

SDC14761.jpg

• Options
    Haha!!!! :lol: You're nice, you take the cone off to let him eat.... It was funny seeing my cat eat with the cone! He looks quite content in the second pic. Good to hear he's back to normal. xxx
  • Options
    awwww glad he's doing better, sian :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Kali in the snow. I decided to open the porch and she was curious about it so she went out there. I live on the second floor so there wasn't too much there.
    044.jpg
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Kali in the snow. I decided to open the porch and she was curious about it so she went out there. I live on the second floor so there wasn't too much there.
    044.jpg

Aww! How sweet. :D She seems to enjoy it more than my family's kitty (Okko, I've mentioned him here) who will stick one paw in the snow and then run away. :lol:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    Oh! I have a question for you cat owners: Do your kitties eat cheese? :| Cause mine apparently does.

I was making a sandwich the other night and Nauhuri was snooping around my feet again. She's curious of pretty much everything I have in my hands in the kitchen and I usually let her sniff whatever it is I've got. (Won't let her touch the stuffs though.) Usually she just smells the foods and then loses interest. But when I let her take a whiff of a little bit of cheese she went for it and almost ate a part of my finger with it. :lol:

I'm sure it's not terribly bad for her, but I'm still cautious and only give her tiny bits at a time and not often. :think: Luckily I don't even buy cheese often, cause it's so damn expensive. :P
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    ALL my cats have loved cheese. Coming to think of it, all the cats I know love cheese!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    ALL my cats have loved cheese. Coming to think of it, all the cats I know love cheese!

Huh. :think: I'm not sure if I've ever before seen a cat eat cheese. :lol:

Same thing today, I had a sandwich and that little bugger almost ate it right out of my hand!
  • Options
    I never fed my cats cheese. Not sure if they'd like it or not.

Apparently a lot of cats like cheeseburgers :lol:

128889907626028124.jpg
    cheeseburger.jpg
    D75kUo
    can-of-cheeseburger-cat.jpg
    lolcat41.jpg
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    044.jpg

Awww...how cute! I let my Chloe out there and she only went where it was shoveled. When she would get some snow on her paws she would shake it off as if to say "don't touch me". Smart kitty huh???
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    Oh! I have a question for you cat owners: Do your kitties eat cheese? :| Cause mine apparently does.

I was making a sandwich the other night and Nauhuri was snooping around my feet again. She's curious of pretty much everything I have in my hands in the kitchen and I usually let her sniff whatever it is I've got. (Won't let her touch the stuffs though.) Usually she just smells the foods and then loses interest. But when I let her take a whiff of a little bit of cheese she went for it and almost ate a part of my finger with it. :lol:

I'm sure it's not terribly bad for her, but I'm still cautious and only give her tiny bits at a time and not often. :think: Luckily I don't even buy cheese often, cause it's so damn expensive. :P

Cat generally LOVE cheese... however, don't give them too much at all as cats are pretty much lactose intolerant. Dairy products in general should be avoided in a cats diet but a teeny tiny bit every now and again as a treat won't hurt :thumbup:

My cats don't have treats at all... the most they're allowed is a sip of cat milk every few months :lol:

• Options
    My cats don't have treats at all... the most they're allowed is a sip of cat milk every few months :lol:

I let my nearly 20 year old have what she wants seeing she probably doesn't have much longer to live - might as well really enjoy the time left!

My others just steal (especially the two youngest). I can NEVER leave food unattended (or packaging/wrapping that has touched food as one will eat cling film, kitchen paper, whatever that remotely tastes/smells of food), even if it's just turning around to get something from the cupboard - they are faster than lightning!

I do give them a treat once in a while....
  • Options
    redrock wrote:

I let my nearly 20 year old have what she wants seeing she probably doesn't have much longer to live - might as well really enjoy the time left!

My others just steal (especially the two youngest). I can NEVER leave food unattended (or packaging/wrapping that has touched food as one will eat cling film, kitchen paper, whatever that remotely tastes/smells of food).

I do give them a treat once in a while....

Oh yeah, if she's THAT old, I understand that she can have whatever she likes! :D

Mine steal too... we can't leave ANYTHING unattended. Riley, although he's a fat little bugger, he can move like lightening if there's food around. It doesn't help that he likes plastic whether foods been in it or not though :roll:

The treats ours have only really include fresh meat like ham or chicken. Riley can't have any rich treats as his stomachs so sensitive, so we think it's best to not give either of them anything artificial.

Out of interest, what does everyone feed their cats regularly?

• Options
    eMMI wrote:

Cat generally LOVE cheese... however, don't give them too much at all as cats are pretty much lactose intolerant. Dairy products in general should be avoided in a cats diet but a teeny tiny bit every now and again as a treat won't hurt :thumbup:

Yeah, I knew that lactose intolerant bit. :think: Lil' Nauhuri will gladly eat just about anything though. :? She will lick the butter off my bread and eat the yoghurt off my plate if I'm not careful. :lol:

Two things I know for a fact that she won't eat: Bread and carrots.

Also, I probably give her too many treats sometimes. :oops: She's just too damn adorable. :twisted:

Out of interest, what does everyone feed their cats regularly?

Dry food (which I always have out) is Friskies for Indoor Cats. Wet food is usually whatever happens to be the cheapest. :think: Usually Whiskas or Kitekat, ones in gravy/sauce, not jelly. I love those packs with 12 separately packed portions, I give Nauhuri one pouch a day.

I know you shouldn't suddenly change kitty's foods, but Nauhuri seems alright with different wet foods every couple of weeks (not always that often). The dry food is always the same stuff. (I'm on the lookout for any changes in her though.)

And of course, I always have fresh water out for my girlie. I change it several times a day. Sometimes more often than usual cause Nauhuri seems to think it's fun to throw bits of food into her water bowl. :roll: :lol:
  • Options
    I feed mine tins. Go through phases of different ones, whether Whiskas, Felix, etc., and a rota of varying flavours for each meal. They also have a bit of dry food. They all get the same - I don't make a difference between the five cats - no special diets. We split one tin between the five of them each meal.

Dookie will eat anything, from normal stuff that cats should like (chicken & fish for example) to mango, if he has a chance. Mojo is the one eating anything that remotely smells of something nice. If she can nick it, she loves cupcakes and things like that. Those two are the ones that steal everything. TInker is mad about meat and fish. If after dinner we leave the plates on the counter until Rob sorts things out a bit later, they are licked clean. All three ADORE pizza crust and supplement their diet with mice and birds they catch! All five love butter, yogurt, cheese, etc.

We try not to give them too many treats but I do cave in a bit too much I think.
  • Options
    So I had to take Willow to the vet this morning to have her teeth cleaned. Went well. Didn't feed her before and she can't have any food or water til tomorrow morning :( I picked her up at lunchtime and she was out of it. her eyes were all dilated and she was very disoriented. Didn't recognize me and kept bobbing her head around trying to figure out what was going on. Put her in the bathroom. Got home checked on her and as soon as i opened the door she tried to make a break for it and is now under my bed. There was some throw up on the floor and the waste can was knocked over and somehow she got her bandage off. I felt bad for her. :(
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    So I had to take Willow to the vet this morning to have her teeth cleaned. Went well. Didn't feed her before and she can't have any food or water til tomorrow morning :( I picked her up at lunchtime and she was out of it. her eyes were all dilated and she was very disoriented. Didn't recognize me and kept bobbing her head around trying to figure out what was going on. Put her in the bathroom. Got home checked on her and as soon as i opened the door she tried to make a break for it and is now under my bed. There was some throw up on the floor and the waste can was knocked over and somehow she got her bandage off. I felt bad for her. :(

Ohh Dave! :( Poor little Willow!

I remember when Sykes came back from a general aneasthetic, he just wasn't here, he was just dazed and disorientated... it was heart breaking, but we have to remember at times like that that it was for the best and we did it for the cat's own good.
    Hopefully Willow's better today and she's a little more herself.. but with shiny new teeths! :mrgreen:

Our kittyboys get fed 25gms of high meat/low ash content dry food twice a day each. At the moment they have Royal Canin (number 33 sensitive) but two months ago they had Pro Plan (again, for sensitive cats) and that was definately the best for them. We've also tried Science Plan but they just didn't like the taste of it. They Iams for a while but I did some digging and not only do Iams encourage urinary crystals to form in male cats, but they're also known for horrendous animal testing in their labs in the past :evil:

We've given them wet food in the past but it really, really doesn't agree with Riley's sensitive stomach :? He's also prone to putting on weight very easily and as wet food has higher fat content, we avoid it like the plague.

• Options

I remember when Sykes came back from a general aneasthetic, he just wasn't here, he was just dazed and disorientated... it was heart breaking, but we have to remember at times like that that it was for the best and we did it for the cat's own good.
    Hopefully Willow's better today and she's a little more herself.. but with shiny new teeths! :mrgreen:

Our kittyboys get fed 25gms of high meat/low ash content dry food twice a day each. At the moment they have Royal Canin (number 33 sensitive) but two months ago they had Pro Plan (again, for sensitive cats) and that was definately the best for them. We've also tried Science Plan but they just didn't like the taste of it. They Iams for a while but I did some digging and not only do Iams encourage urinary crystals to form in male cats, but they're also known for horrendous animal testing in their labs in the past :evil:

We've given them wet food in the past but it really, really doesn't agree with Riley's sensitive stomach :? He's also prone to putting on weight very easily and as wet food has higher fat content, we avoid it like the plague.

Willow is doing much better now, thanks for your concern :)

Better news, Kali is now famous, LOL. One of her pics made it to Icanhascheezburger front page :D

Second pic down. Here's the regular pic:

22151_1394307177118_1215349733_1139592_1489800_n.jpg
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

Willow is doing much better now, thanks for your concern :)

Better news, Kali is now famous, LOL. One of her pics made it to Icanhascheezburger front page :D

Second pic down. Here's the regular pic:

22151_1394307177118_1215349733_1139592_1489800_n.jpg

BRILLIANT!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Well done famous kitty Kali! :clap:

I have the best picture for Icanhascheezburger, how do you get them on there and do you have to write your own caption?

• Options
    All you need to do to upload a picture is join in with an e-mail and password and username. Don't have to upload any captions if you don't want to. Not sure how they pic what pics go on the pages though because I have like about 40 pics and only one has made it on the front page. However people find my pics somehow cuz some have a few other LOLZ.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD