Options

New York Giants Official Thread

Comments

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,434
    Eli already sacked 30 times. Jameis Winston was sacked 5 times and threw 4 interceptions. And he's a running qb
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    igotid88 said:
    njnancy said:
    And....an interception. Fuck.
    i saw that coming. Can't protect the QB and these things happen. Why it's hard for them to go downfield more than they want to
    Eli doesn't run - never has, never will. He is a pocket player. They want him to be something he isn't. 

And it would help if Engram could catch an easy throw. 

If I were Eli, I would start looking for a team that had an O-line that had protection, instead of people saying to get rid of him. For who? Those sacks, hits and knockdowns have to hurt - I can't believe he gets up every freaking time. But if it continues this way - he's not gonna be able to get up eventually. He's gonna get hit and be done. 
    What team is taking Eli?! They’re gonna cut him this offseason and I’m hard pressed to find a team that would give him the keys at this point. This could be his last year and they need to see this lauletta kid before the draft. Eli May not have many starts left
    I bet there are teams that would take Eli in a heartbeat. Yeah, Lauletta is gonna save the day - put Eli out to pasture. Sorry, don't agree.
    No one is taking Eli. Maaaybr the Broncos gonna give it a second go with a Manning for one year?!

not saying he’s saving the day but you gotta find out what you have. What’s your end game with Eli? Honestly?
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Why would they cut Eli and start a rookie qb just to have them get hurt? 
    Because he make $20 something million on the cap and he stinks 
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    anyone will stink if they face pressure 90% of snaps
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Of course we give them a first down when they're punting
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    igotid88 said:
    You don't get rid of someone until you have someone better. Go ahead and play the kid - let's see how he does. Cause Eli is a shitty quarterback. It is his fault that he has no coverage and people can't catch the ball. My mistake - I thought he was supposed to throw. 
  • Options
    Giants defense good. Unfortunately Redskins are better
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Listen man. Eli is my favorite football play ever too. He is responsible for a few of the most fun nights I have had in my life. But he’s done and this team isn’t winning anything with him.

know who else was under insane pressure today...Carson wentz. Just as much if not more than Eli. Let’s look st the stats at the end of the day
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Listen man. Eli is my favorite football play ever too. He is responsible for a few of the most fun nights I have had in my life. But he’s done and this team isn’t winning anything with him.

know who else was under insane pressure today...Carson wentz. Just as much if not more than Eli. Let’s look st the stats at the end of the day
    And Wentz missed games due to injury. Eli is not a runner first
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Also they'll probably cut Vernon
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    igotid88 said:
    You don't get rid of someone until you have someone better. Go ahead and play the kid - let's see how he does. Cause Eli is a shitty quarterback. It is his fault that he has no coverage and people can't catch the ball. My mistake - I thought he was supposed to throw. 
    Don’t disagree...but you gotta find out what you have and what’s the point in starting an almost 40 year old on a 1 win team
  • Options
    we keep dropping passes
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    gotta go for the fg
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

But it’s all irrelevant. Wentz faced the same about of pressure and won. 

I mean seriously...what do you want the giants to do? To draft lineman and keep running Eli out there until he’s 50?
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

I mean seriously...what do you want the giants to do? To draft lineman and keep running Eli out there until he’s 50?
    To get a decent O-line so he can finish out his contract with the Giants and retire with some of the respect he deserves. 
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

To get a decent O-line so he can finish out his contract with the Giants and retire with some of the respect he deserves. 
    Lol. I can’t. I’d prefer this team to be relevant
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

there are other factors. Are you considering the drops by our receivers, defense giving up leads and the game in the end, special teams costing us games late in games, other teams defenses playing well. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    See like right now the defense giving up a 60 yard run td to Peterson
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

there are other factors. Are you considering the drops by our receivers, defense giving up leads and the game in the end, special teams costing us games late in games, other teams defenses playing well. 
    I honestly don’t give a shit about the other factors. Yes this team stinks in general, but so does Eli and it’s time to start fresh before it’s too late for Saquon and Odell.

its not personal, it’s strictly business

https://youtu.be/Pj0lCWqSo1Q
  • Options
    fuck whenever we have a glimmer of hope the defense gives up a long TD
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    They have 6 points with 4 minutes left against the shitty skins. There is no hope
  • Options
    They have 6 points with 4 minutes left against the shitty skins. There is no hope
    their defensive front is great
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    their defensive front is great
    Always an excuse
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

Lol.
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

I honestly don’t give a shit about the other factors. Yes this team stinks in general, but so does Eli and it’s time to start fresh before it’s too late for Saquon and Odell.

if Eli had decent protection and couldn't do anything. Then I would agree. But even with a mobile qb you're not gonna get much with this line
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

Lol.
    Derek jeter is my favorite athlete ever. It was time for him to move on. Same with Eli. It’s just time. Nostalgia doesn’t Win shit
  • Options
    Eli sacked 31 times in 15 games last season. 31 times in 7 games this season
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

if Eli had decent protection and couldn't do anything. Then I would agree. But even with a mobile qb you're not gonna get much with this line
    HE’S 40!!!! Nothing matters. I’m not saying it’s all his fault, it’s  just time 
  • Options
    Lose today you can still go 9-7 at worse 8-8
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Lose today you can still go 9-7 at worse 8-8
    Come again?!?!?!?!?!