New York Giants Official Thread

igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,039
edited December 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Since the football season is over. Hehe. We can talk about next year. I'm looking forward to the draft. We've made some good picks in the previous years. I'm guessing we're getting a receiver our 1st pick. I hear Boldin from the Cardinals is free agent. Unless I heard wrong. Brandon Jacobs is also up for a new contract. I hope we don't screw that up. I'll make my prediction later in the year.
I miss igotid88
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• four-year, $22.67 million contract extension through 2010 for boldin. he is just wanting a new deal after they gave fitzgerald a huge contract.
  • My first thought is also to boost the WR corps. I'm not sure about Plax yet. TBD. Any other free agents other than TJ housh???
    Also....i really think they need help at LB. Pierce is a good defensive qb/playcaller but he really did not make plays this year. He needs help. NOT ONE LB had an interception this year, forced turnover, etc. In fact only 2 sacks between them as well. We need an OLB playmaker. Add that with Osi coming back and the D is sick.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    I would be surprised if Housh or Boldin is not a Giant next year.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,039
    My first thought is also to boost the WR corps. I'm not sure about Plax yet. TBD. Any other free agents other than TJ housh???
    Also....i really think they need help at LB. Pierce is a good defensive qb/playcaller but he really did not make plays this year. He needs help. NOT ONE LB had an interception this year, forced turnover, etc. In fact only 2 sacks between them as well. We need an OLB playmaker. Add that with Osi coming back and the D is sick.

I would like to see James Laurinaitis come here. But he'll probably be drafted before the Giants pick.
    I miss igotid88
    four-year, $22.67 million contract extension through 2010 for boldin. he is just wanting a new deal after they gave fitzgerald a huge contract.

Maybe a sign and trade.
    I miss igotid88
  • petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Dont fool yourselves...you'll have Plax back at WR
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    T.O. might be looking for a place to play??? :mrgreen:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    you guys should look into getting a real qb.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • you guys should look into getting a real qb.
    yea ... why would we want to a super bowl mvp??
    how did donovan do against the pats in the super bowl??
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    He lost his lunch during the Super Bowl....on the field...now that's historical. :twisted:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.

Who else were they going to give it to? It was a 17-14 game..he had a good game...he made 2 good throws
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • petrocs wrote:

Who else were they going to give it to? It was a 17-14 game..he had a good game...he made 2 good throws
    He had an incredible 2007 post season. There's not a single NYG fan or person who knows football for that matter that would say Eli's is not the man for NYG. But I'm done arguing that, its a waste. You aint got nothing until you win it.
    He beat the lead the team to beat the 18-0 best team ever, greatest upset ever.
    Donovan just threw up in 4th qtr and could not beat the Pats!!!!!!!!

Phily fans are becoming the new boston! More obsessed with New York than their own team. I think there's an Eagles thread on the board but I wouldnt know being that we can careless about any other organization.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

Champagne Breakfast I dont have a problem with the NY Giants...I have a problem with that fraud QB Eli Manning. I never believed he was a good QB, he got VERY lucky last year, and without Plax hes shown he is a below average QB. He averages 15 ints a year while only averaging 19 tds. Oh and we're not the new Boston..believe you me that..I cant stand NY or Boston..we are not obsessed over NY..the problem is you have enough idiot players on your teams (ie Reyes, Manning, Burress, Delagdo, etc) that its easy to pick on them.
    Shows:
  • BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    We need a new deep threat, a couple of young legs on defense, and a good draft pick....maybe a LB or WR. If Ose comes back healthy next year and we can figure out a better WR core, next season should be a good one.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • petrocs wrote:
    Champagne Breakfast I dont have a problem with the NY Giants...I have a problem with that fraud QB Eli Manning. I never believed he was a good QB, he got VERY lucky last year, and without Plax hes shown he is a below average QB. He averages 15 ints a year while only averaging 19 tds. Oh and we're not the new Boston..believe you me that..I cant stand NY or Boston..we are not obsessed over NY..the problem is you have enough idiot players on your teams (ie Reyes, Manning, Burress, Delagdo, etc) that its easy to pick on them.
    I actually think its funny "fraud manning / idiot player?"
    Is McNobb going to the pro bowl? Eli is.
    "McNabb back to pass,..LJ Smith wide open...&...its intercepted by Rodney Harrison. The patriots win the super bowl!"

Also never mention the mets here. Could care less about them. Good luck this weekend. Many of the NYG players projected Phily to win it.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

Spags is the new head coach of the Rams.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    Spags is the new head coach of the Rams.

And The Eagles are the newest member of the NFC's "Sit Down And Watch The Rest" consortium.
    LB coach Bill Sheridan promoted to Def. coord.
    I miss igotid88
  • I met a guy who works in the NYG personnell dept last night at a NYC bar. He's not high up on the chain but legit in the front office dept. We had an interesting coversation regarding Antonio Pierce. This guy was telling me that the NYG personnell staff were reallllly disappointed with AP on the field this year (i was saying this all year too!!!!). They think AP looked very out of shape, got beat a lot, did not make big plays, and just looked a little out of it this year. However the coaches love him because he is durable and he knows the defense play calling like no other. A very key point made,.....it was not discussed much this year because Strahan and Osi were lost on D, but the Giants really missed Kiwanuka Mitchell at OLB. He was a big playmaker who also made AP better. Just watch the super bowl dvd and you'll be surprised how many big plays Mitchell was is in on.

The point to all of this....the Giants need another stud LB!! Go get a play maker OLB!!!!!
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

They are projected to possibly pick Laurinitis (sp?)
    BinFrog wrote:
    They are projected to possibly pick Laurinitis (sp?)

That's who I thought they should try and get.
    I miss igotid88
  • you need a QB ;)

and fuck the eagirls...so glad they lost on the verge of a SB...GO CARDS!
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    Jacobs is back for 4 more years which is good. Now we need to re-sign Ward.
    I miss igotid88
  • Great new about the beast!
    So if i understand correctly by signing the new 4 year deal the franchise 1 year deal is now void???
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

• Some solid pick up so far. Nothing Earth shattering but not bad.
    D Ward to Tampa. I'm very surprised at these rb's contracts. I thought they'd be higher.
    I'm pumped for Bradshaw to have a bigger role.

Interesting article today in NYC mentioning the Giants could be gearing up to trade some D Line as they are now stacked. Potentially for a WR??
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

• touringfantouringfan Posts: 568
    I'm hearing that Giants and Browns are talking again about sending WR Edwards to the Gmen for this years first round pick as well as a 4th or 5'th.
    baby boomers selling you rumors of their history, forcing youth away from the truth of what's real today.
  • id be into that. they have a bunch of picks after rnd 1. maybe grab Britt from Rutgers in rnd 2 and we could be set at wr??
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

Anyone like Hakeem Nicks? I don't know much about him. I hear he's good.
    I miss igotid88
  • same here. dont know much about him but know nyg were really high on him. i was hoping they'd use some of the late round picks to move up in round 2 and take rey maulauga or james laurenitis. they dropped big time. not sure why they didn't do that
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5