New York Giants Official Thread

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,602
    Ooof...eli

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    njnancy said:
    After the past 3-4 seasons with no protection from the O-line - Eli is seeing ghosts. He is a great quarterback. He has not been protected for years. It's not just the sacks, it's the constant knockdowns. He's playing as if he has PTSD - no joke. He is not comfortable in the pocket and he is not one who moves out of the pocket much and he sees lineman coming at him if they are or they aren't. It is affecting how he plays, why he's throwing the ball to no one, throwing the ball to the other team, dumping the ball. He has been mentally affected by so many knockdowns and no trust in protection. 

I love Eli. I don't give a shit about Eli haters. I know that my QB is not playing like he can. He may not be able to mentally play the game because he is seeing ghosts and he's dumping the ball. And I put that on the management for poor O-line coverage since the Coughlin years. Coughlin wanted to be able to have control over hires - they wouldn't give it to him, they had a losing record, he got fired and the Giants have sucked since then and their QB has fucking PTSD. 

It is a fucking shame that a Hall of Fame QB (screw you haters) is ruining his record in his final years due to being completely spooked by lack of protection. 

I'm not a hater. There's some truth to this post of yours.
    Are you a giants fan?
    No.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Got to hand it to the Giants for dragging the Falcons down to their shitty level.

Horrendous game tonight.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394
    1-6
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    leave it up to our defense to give up long touchdown plays
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    if the touchdown stands. The defense needs a 3 and out or get a turnover
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    why is he going for 2 there?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Not going for it on 4th and inches in game 1 or 2 was bad enough. but going for a 2pt conversion when you couldn't get a passing td and would only be 7 points behind?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    They're making it seem like a 56 yard fg is hard to make against the Giants. It's basically a chip shot
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    fuck.
  • Options
    the chances we get the onside kick were going to be slim anyway
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Giant's defense like always couldn't make that final stop. even were helped by 2 false starts and still allow a fg over 50 yards.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I just forgot about not kicking the field goal earlier in the game. should be 23-23. Falcons probably win it with a 80 yard td pass with .01 left
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Pat Shurmur has already made some bad decisions
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    The team just has no heart. There are obviously bad calls and bad playing. But the team is net gelling. It really sucks as a fan.

• Options
    if you want to take a positive. they seemed to be able to get some throws downfield. Give Eli a litle time and have someone get a little open. He's going to make those throws
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    The team just has no heart. There are obviously bad calls and bad playing. But the team is net gelling. It really sucks as a fan.

reverse those bad calls either by Shurmur or the officials the Giants might be 5-2. That's how close these games were
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    There's talent there and it shows here and there; but too much bad crap in between leads to 1-6. I liked having Spagz and Coughlin; still haven't warmed to any new coaches. That's gonna take time. They covered the spread at least.
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    There's talent there and it shows here and there; but too much bad crap in between leads to 1-6. I liked having Spagz and Coughlin; still haven't warmed to any new coaches. That's gonna take time. They covered the spread at least.
    Coughlin was making the same mistakes Shurmur is making during the end. Spags couldn't get our guys to tackle.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I am glad that he challenged that one play. And I'm a fair and foul weather fan. Will just have to hope that they keep doing more of the good plays and less of the bad. And the foul calling is really messed up this year. Shurmer is supposed to be a good coach - at least he's not MacAdoo. I'm definitely in a bad mood tonight - I'm usually glass half full kind of person. Maybe next week will be better. Have a good night!

• Options
    njnancy said:
    I am glad that he challenyeaed that one play. And I'm a fair and foul weather fan. Will just have to hope that they keep doing more of the good plays and less of the bad. And the foul calling is really messed up this year. Shurmer is supposed to be a good coach - at least he's not MacAdoo. I'm definitely in a bad mood tonight - I'm usually glass half full kind of person. Maybe next week will be better. Have a good night!

yea but he's made some bad decisions. challenging the fumble was good.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    How about Eli trying two QB sneaks and killing the clock?

He was basically moon walking trying to feebily get in. He had to know that was not in his skill set.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    Nice cover last night, gents. Well done, and thank you. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

He was basically moon walking trying to feebily get in. He had to know that was not in his skill set.
    that was a call from the sidelines
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Eli Apple traded to the Saints for a 4th round pick in 2019 and 7th in 2020
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
     the only first round pick from 2010-2016 still here is Odell 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

I'm not sure about that? it could have been, but that was the 'hurry up' offence.

If it was a call from the sidelines... it wouldn't have been the worst call from the sidelines: going for '2' to be down by 6 when going for the extra point puts you down by 7? What kind of moron makes that call?
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

I'm not sure about that? it could have been, but that was the 'hurry up' offence.

If it was a call from the sidelines... it wouldn't have been the worst call from the sidelines: going for '2' to be down by 6 when going for the extra point puts you down by 7? What kind of moron makes that call?
    like I've mentioned earlier our coach has made dumb calls. Not using the timeouts in 1 game which he says he he'll never do again. Not going on 4th and an inch when we were midfield. Not calling for a measurement on what would have been 4th down against Carolina that allowed them to get 1 more play and hit a 63 yrd fg. Not kicking the fg last night
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,602
    I stopped watching at halftime and stopped following after the 4th and goal from the 1, but saw an article about how the odds are better for winning the game if you go for 2 there.
  • Options
    I stopped watching at halftime and stopped following after the 4th and goal from the 1, but saw an article about how the odds are better for winning the game if you go for 2 there.
    i saw that but this is a team that has trouble getting a td from that area.
    I miss igotid88