***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    flyers got booed tonight in the second period on the PP. that shit pisses me off"

if I was at the Phils game last night I would have booed Leighton. some flyers fans are devastated at the loss and this guy is at the phils game yucking it up the next night. it bothers me that he sucks and choked and is yucking it up the next night. Briere was almost in tears interviewed afte the game and this guy looked like it was a regular season loss - i would have booed his ass last night, surely wouldn't have cheered him like phils fans did.

Phils suck right now - their offense is so inpatient. Constantly swinging at bad pitches to try and get hits. be patient, take a walk and trust your teammates and this team will be fine.

HUH?!?!?!?! Take pitches? Not swing for the fences and only hit for the home run? Get on base? What is this strategy you speak of?

oh no i want home runs but home runs come easier when you actually swing at good pitches. you know how much I like Howard but his at bat in the 9th last night pissed me off. did he not fn know the 1st pitch was going to be a changeup? everyone in the park new it and he swings at hard as he can like it was a fastball. that is what i mean about being patient - know the situation and wait for your pitch.

on the opposite end of the spectrum is your boy Chase who constantly takes the 1st pitch of an at-bat even when its a fastball right down the middle ofthe plate - against last night 9th inning takes a fastball down the middle of the plate then swings at a changeup. wtf chase?

this team is nothing new this year though, at times in the past 3 seasons they have been annoying like this as well. just need to snap out of it and start playing like the great team they are before get too far behind.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    flyers got booed tonight in the second period on the PP. that shit pisses me off"

if I was at the Phils game last night I would have booed Leighton. some flyers fans are devastated at the loss and this guy is at the phils game yucking it up the next night. it bothers me that he sucks and choked and is yucking it up the next night. Briere was almost in tears interviewed afte the game and this guy looked like it was a regular season loss - i would have booed his ass last night, surely wouldn't have cheered him like phils fans did.

Phils suck right now - their offense is so inpatient. Constantly swinging at bad pitches to try and get hits. be patient, take a walk and trust your teammates and this team will be fine.

that would piss me off if I saw Leighton acting like that too.

I know I probably blow utley too much, but even though he hasn't hit, he is one of the few still taking walks in the last month. saw that phils have been shutout 7 times already this year...they were shutout 7 times all of last year. and I think their offense is better this year. go figure
    pjhawks wrote:

oh no i want home runs but home runs come easier when you actually swing at good pitches. you know how much I like Howard but his at bat in the 9th last night pissed me off. did he not fn know the 1st pitch was going to be a changeup? everyone in the park new it and he swings at hard as he can like it was a fastball. that is what i mean about being patient - know the situation and wait for your pitch.

on the opposite end of the spectrum is your boy Chase who constantly takes the 1st pitch of an at-bat even when its a fastball right down the middle ofthe plate - against last night 9th inning takes a fastball down the middle of the plate then swings at a changeup. wtf chase?

this team is nothing new this year though, at times in the past 3 seasons they have been annoying like this as well. just need to snap out of it and start playing like the great team they are before get too far behind.

dude you just described every howard at bat this year. I'm telling you...he now swings at the first pitch 90% of the time, regardless of the situation (or location or pitch type). his approach is plain awful.

he's not the only one struggling, but at least werth and utley seem to have somewhat of an approach. howard just goes up there and flails away, hoping to make contact. 25 million...fucking insane
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,511
    anyone see conlin's article the other day about bonds' one week session with the R6?...not a bad read.
    www.myspace.com
    Yankees, Mets Will Have Interest In Cliff Lee
    By Ben Nicholson-Smith [June 11 at 12:09pm CST]
    The Yankees haven’t started talking with the Mariners about Cliff Lee yet, but they will have interest if Jack Zduriencik makes him available and so will the Mets. Several executives tell Joel Sherman of the New York Post that the Mariners have pro scouts eyeing rival teams’ minor league prospects, even though they haven’t decided to deal Lee at this point. But unless the M's go on a major hot streak, it looks like Lee will be traded for the third time since last summer.

"I would expect to see Lee traded barring a 20 out of the next 30 run by the Mariners,” an AL personnel man told Sherman. “I would not think he'd be traded this month, but if Seattle wants the best return, it would be better off doing it now."

Many teams will have interest in Lee, including the Yankees and the Mets. The Yankees believe the Mariners would ask for Jesus Montero or Austin Romine in a trade for Lee and they would prefer to hold onto their top prospects as long as the price is that steep. Mets officials tell Sherman that they’ll acquire a starter, possibly Lee, if they remain contenders.

Lee currently ranks as a Type A free agent, so his team will have the chance to obtain two top draft picks for him by offering arbitration this winter. Barring the unexpected, Lee's team will offer arbitration and he will turn it down.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,712
    The Yankees haven’t started talking with the Mariners about Cliff Lee yet, but they will have interest if Jack Zduriencik makes him available and so will the Mets. Several executives tell Joel Sherman of the New York Post that the Mariners have pro scouts eyeing rival teams’ minor league prospects, even though they haven’t decided to deal Lee at this point. But unless the M's go on a major hot streak, it looks like Lee will be traded for the third time since last summer.

"I would expect to see Lee traded barring a 20 out of the next 30 run by the Mariners,” an AL personnel man told Sherman. “I would not think he'd be traded this month, but if Seattle wants the best return, it would be better off doing it now."

Many teams will have interest in Lee, including the Yankees and the Mets. The Yankees believe the Mariners would ask for Jesus Montero or Austin Romine in a trade for Lee and they would prefer to hold onto their top prospects as long as the price is that steep. Mets officials tell Sherman that they’ll acquire a starter, possibly Lee, if they remain contenders.

Lee currently ranks as a Type A free agent, so his team will have the chance to obtain two top draft picks for him by offering arbitration this winter. Barring the unexpected, Lee's team will offer arbitration and he will turn it down.

I dont buy the Yanks interest this year since he is going to be a FA. They are not going to give up Romine and Nunez for Lee if they can just sign him after the season. I read this the other day and had a tough time with it then, just don't see it unless there are injuries or they are afraid he is going to sign an extension with the Mets or something.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I dont buy the Yanks interest this year since he is going to be a FA. They are not going to give up Romine and Nunez for Lee if they can just sign him after the season. I read this the other day and had a tough time with it then, just don't see it unless there are injuries or they are afraid he is going to sign an extension with the Mets or something.

olney reinforces this line of thinking in his blog today. yanks haven't even discussed lee. if he goes to the mets I'm going to assassinate amaro
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

olney reinforces this line of thinking in his blog today. yanks haven't even discussed lee. if he goes to the mets I'm going to assassinate amaro

I think the Mets have a decent shot at him if they want him. I just don't know how much the Mets would want a rental since he is so intent on hitting FA. Look out for them though, if they can hang in there and get Beltran back in a month or so and pull off a trade for Lee, that is basically 2 huge trades at the dealine.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I think the Mets have a decent shot at him if they want him. I just don't know how much the Mets would want a rental since he is so intent on hitting FA. Look out for them though, if they can hang in there and get Beltran back in a month or so and pull off a trade for Lee, that is basically 2 huge trades at the dealine.
    mets don't have the prospects to get lee and the m's aren't as stupid as the twins are. m's want a major league ready catching prospect and the mets don't have that at all and the yanks have 1-2 of those.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

those who defended moyer must feel pretty dumb right now. the dude stinks. thank god for the rainout this week...now he doesn't have to face the yanks
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,778
    The Fixer wrote:
    those who defended moyer must feel pretty dumb right now. the dude stinks. thank god for the rainout this week...now he doesn't have to face the yanks

he'll probably 1 hit us. As the Yankees seem to have problems with offspeed pitches.
    I miss igotid88
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,777
    wow that was pretty bad. Missed most of the game (was at the movies) but saw the highlights :roll:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955
    Dudes & Dudettes -

It's 6:45 in the morning on Saturday and I can't sleep. I was just watching this video, and can't help but get goosebumps and get all choked up and stuff. This is one well put together clip that I go back to every now again to relive this moment, and to truly appreciate how rare these moments really are - especially when your team is playing like shit right now and the Fly Guys get ousted two wins short of The Cup. Cherish it because you never know if there will be another one. I was not even one years old when the Sixers won in '83, so for all intensive purposes this was my first and will always be the one I wanted, and no matter what any Philly team accomplishes between now and the day I die, nothing will ever top this one. No city other than maybe Cleveland will EVER understand this feeling. I don't wanna hear about the Red Sox winning, or if the Cubs won, or on and on.....Look, Boston - you won multiple NBA titles and two Super Bowls before yours. And Chi Town - your basketball team won 6 titles nearly in a row. Not acknowledging your hockey team as none of you cared 9 months ago. This was our first in 25 years. It was the ultimate blue balls of sports. Like going out with the hottest girl on the planet only to be told to wear a condom and she won't touch you at all, but she would only get naked and whisper sweet nothings in your ear. Then, after all this time - all of a sudden, out of nowhere - she did let you touch her. And also said that you didn't need a condom. Yup, that's what it was like.

http://lukedjohnson.com/philly3.html

And this one is always a goodie as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=Y7lJpFw ... re=related

...nothing will ever top that perfect Halloween afternoon in 2008. Nothing.
    The Fixer wrote:

i don't think he should even be on the roster. but he's pitched some gems for a 50 year old dude. gotta give him credit for them. anything him and kendrick gives you is a plus. we have 2 and a half starters on this team right now.

it's ironic that blanton is the half, when he weighs as much as 2 put together. zing? maybe? eh never mind.
    www.myspace.com
    www.myspace.com
    if you're scoring at home, blanton's era is now 7.28.

we're in trouble folks.
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078

we're in trouble folks.
    this team right now is trash,and thats being nice.
    Go Birds!!!!

we're in trouble folks.

cole looked superb yesterday though.

hallday vs cc tomorrow. doesn't get any better than that. this one will be fun.

hopefully since we faced wakefield again and actually roughed him up a bit yesterday we've come full circle and our offense starts to click again. we've had decent success against cc over the years...

GO. PHILS.
    www.myspace.com

we're in trouble folks.

cole looked superb yesterday though.

hallday vs cc tomorrow. doesn't get any better than that. this one will be fun.

hopefully since we faced wakefield again and actually roughed him up a bit yesterday we've come full circle and our offense starts to click again. we've had decent success against cc over the years...

GO. PHILS.

I think what everyone - including the team - needs to do is go put 'My Cherie Amour' on the stereo and put some headphones on. I think that'll right the ship.

And happy birthday, ya bastid.
    gotta get a W tonight. pitching matchups tomorrow and thursday are scary.

Moyer is starting vs the yanks now. oh no
    You guys get a Yanks lineup with Cervelli and Pena in it tonight.
    Does anyone even know when Jimmy's supposed to be back? I'm assuming they put him back on the 15 DL after finishing up the first stint. So does that put him at the end of the month or something?
    Does anyone even know when Jimmy's supposed to be back? I'm assuming they put him back on the 15 DL after finishing up the first stint. So does that put him at the end of the month or something?

if everything goes well in clearwater this week (he's supposed to play his first game tonight)...he will be in the phils lineup on saturday.
    The Fixer wrote:

if everything goes well in clearwater this week (he's supposed to play his first game tonight)...he will be in the phils lineup on saturday.

more importantly, how'd things work out with that bartending gig?
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

more importantly, how'd things work out with that bartending gig?

Actually, the dude was down the shore - mixup in communication. I'm suppose to talk to him tonight and see how that goes. And I hope it goes well because I'm running on fumes right now.
    24207_109347439077913_100000079715930_233949_467669_n.jpg
    That could've easily been a horrid AB by Raul, but he turned it around.

BIGGEST STAT that pisses me off about Howard - league percentage avg. of scoring a runner from third with less than two outs: 57%. Howard: 33%. Now THAT is absolutely terrible.
    That could've easily been a horrid AB by Raul, but he turned it around.

BIGGEST STAT that pisses me off about Howard - league percentage avg. of scoring a runner from third with less than two outs: 57%. Howard: 33%. Now THAT is absolutely terrible.

but he always ends up with 140 RBI!!!!

ah, whatever...you know how I feel
    Phils announcers go in that homer category, huh?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Phils announcers go in that homer category, huh?

everyone but Sarge is horrendous. mccarthy grew up as a mets fan I believe. he's a poseur. not to mention a shitty announcer. the phils broadcast is brutal
This discussion has been closed.