***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    loved Hamels hitting Harper in 1st and not overreacting when zimmerman hit him back.

Classy! Hamels did a dumb thing, that's for sure..

what was dumb about it? i even like him admitting it afterwards. he didn't try to hurt him and basically hit him with a softer pitch to the lower back. i see nothing dumb about it. welcome to the league kid and remember who is 5 time division champs to the punk ass Nats. with all the take back the park BS and the hype of the Nats it was perfect in my estimation.

Admitting it was probably just as dumb as hitting a guy for no reason. Welcome to the league by hitting a guy on purpose? C'mon. Why didn't he strike him out to welcome him to the league?
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,839
    pjhawks wrote:
    loved Hamels hitting Harper in 1st and not overreacting when zimmerman hit him back.

Classy! Hamels did a dumb thing, that's for sure..

teaching that young buck a lesson !

The only dumb thing on hamels part was talking to the media about it afterwards

Yeah I don't know what that was about. He'll probably get suspended for at least one start.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I hope he keeps throwing at Nationals. Let's not forget how Phillies John Lannon hit as a National's pitcher. Utley lost a lot of time because of that douche bag.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,311
    At least the season has gotten mildly interesting. Thanks Cole! 8-)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    COLE HAMELS IS GAME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Cole out 5 games. Doesn't have to miss a start w/ off day Thurs. Doc tonight and Saturday. Cole should go Sunday.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    Cole out 5 games. Doesn't have to miss a start w/ off day Thurs. Doc tonight and Saturday. Cole should go Sunday.

yeah that's what ESPN is reporting. Stupid on his part and it came and bit it back. Least we won the game
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Jayson Werth ....

“After walking off the field feeling nauseous knowing my wrist was broke and hearing Philly fans yelling ‘You deserve it,’ and, ‘That’s what you get,’ I am motivated to get back quickly and see to it personally those people never walk down Broad Street in celebration again,” Werth wrote.
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    Jayson Werth ....

“After walking off the field feeling nauseous knowing my wrist was broke and hearing Philly fans yelling ‘You deserve it,’ and, ‘That’s what you get,’ I am motivated to get back quickly and see to it personally those people never walk down Broad Street in celebration again,” Werth wrote.

:o kinda surprised by both the phillies fans and jayson werth. I liked the guy.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Jayson Werth ....

Those fans yelling at Werth are the same ones who think Hamels didn't act a fool(he did it twice). :fp:
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    gotta love the bottom of the 8th. tie game, go ahead run on 3rd, and manuel decides to rely on galvis and kratz (the two worst hitters on the team). I can't take him anymore, he defines stupidity

at least he realized that he can use his $50 million closer in a close game
    At least the season has gotten mildly interesting. Thanks Cole! 8-)

yeah, we should enjoy it while it lasts :evil:

gotta love amaro throwing hamels under the bus after cole's comments. nice negotiating ploy genius
    I hate papelbon. I hate amaro. I hate manuel. I hate the mets. I hate the 2012 phillies.

this team blows

funny thing is that this team is still going to make the playoffs.
    read a rumor today that halladay's personal issues were that his marraige is on the rocks. no clue if it's true, but that would kinda make sense. unorthodox meltdown, then having to leave the team for personal reasons

hopefully it's not true...that is something that could mess with his head for the rest of the season
    Tough loss...tough loss
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    I hate this season!! Doc blowing leads is starting to worry me more then a bit.
    Go Birds!!!!

dude, he allowed 2 runs. he's the least of their problems.

NYR just scored right after OT started.

sports pretty much suck right now
    The Fixer wrote:

The fact that he's blown leads the last 2 games whether its 2 or 6 runs is becoming an issue. He wasn't doing it last year or any other. He was his own closer for years.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

The fact that he's blown leads the last 2 games whether its 2 or 6 runs is becoming an issue. He wasn't doing it last year or any other. He was his own closer for years.

if the manager had a clue no one would be concerned about halladay. he is the one that butchered the game tonight, not doc

so frustrating
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    Jayson Werth ....

Those fans yelling at Werth are the same ones who think Hamels didn't act a fool(he did it twice). :fp:

i don't think hamels acted like a fool but i would never say anything about werth or boo an injured player (except michael irvin ). I've never understood the phils fans booing werth as much as they do.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    The Fixer wrote:
    gotta love the bottom of the 8th. tie game, go ahead run on 3rd, and manuel decides to rely on galvis and kratz (the two worst hitters on the team). I can't take him anymore, he defines stupidity

at least he realized that he can use his $50 million closer in a close game

probably the one thing we always agree on is what a moron in-game charlie is. to start with i almost always hate bunting a guy to third, but to do it for the next to batters to be galivs and kratz (who was fucking hacking too which pissed me off). i know nix isn't good against lefties but he has to be a better option than kratz there instead of wasting him just as an announced pinch hitter. this team is getting smoked in late innings this year and charlie's moronic moves are the reason why.

and also agree that the only thing as nauseating was watching the rangers get a lucky bounce to tie the game with 6 seconds left and win in overtime after a really dumb caps penalty. rangers were dead. sickeneing to see that.
    pjhawks wrote:
    Jayson Werth ....

i don't think hamels acted like a fool but i would never say anything about werth or boo an injured player (except michael irvin ). I've never understood the phils fans booing werth as much as they do.

Yeah, I always liked Werth. Now Burrell is a different story..
    Was at the game last night.

When Polanco bunted I was wondering who was going to pinch hit for Galvis, and was surprised to see him actually come up to bat. WTF Charlie? He is just lost. And wasting Nix as an announced pinch hitter too.

Then Papelface had 2 outs & 2 strikes and everyone's standing & cheering. I was still sitting in my seat sulking that we're stuck with his ugly face for 4 years. Then he gets torched for the bomb and I stood up and started yelling how much I hate him and how much he sucks and you're all idiots that you don't know that already.

Honestly I was, on some level, happy that he failed. I feel no connection to this team. It's loaded with shitty veterans unloaded from teams that we hate, the manager is an idiot who has no idea what to do with a team that doesn't score 6 runs a game, and our best home grown player is going to leave after the season is over.

Good thing was I had an awesome turkey leg from Bulls and a couple beers, so there's that. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Then Papelface had 2 outs & 2 strikes and everyone's standing & cheering. I was still sitting in my seat sulking that we're stuck with his ugly face for 4 years. Then he gets torched for the bomb and I stood up and started yelling how much I hate him and how much he sucks and you're all idiots that you don't know that already.

Honestly I was, on some level, happy that he failed. I feel no connection to this team. It's loaded with shitty veterans unloaded from teams that we hate, the manager is an idiot who has no idea what to do with a team that doesn't score 6 runs a game, and our best home grown player is going to leave after the season is over.

I hear ya, Fixer.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:

I hear ya, Fixer.

:lol:

At least I went into the park and didn't drink at xcomcast live the whole time. :P

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

I hear ya, Fixer.

At least I went into the park and didn't drink at xcomcast live the whole time. :P

In his defense, the bartenders at xfinity live are a lot more fun to look at than the Phillies.

How was the run? It was a zoo down there, played golf at FDR then watched the woman run by. Took forever to meet up with her. Frankford Hall also may be my go to this summer.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    How was the run? It was a zoo down there, played golf at FDR then watched the woman run by. Took forever to meet up with her. Frankford Hall also may be my go to this summer.

It was fun, even if it was my worst time ever. Can't believe how many people were out. The city is really into that run. It's awesome. Everybody from church choirs in N. Philly to degos in Flyers jerseys in S. Philly was out there cheering. (yeah, I'm allowed to say degos. 8-) )

I was very impressed with the organization. The wave starts meant that the run wasn't really all that crowded, even in the first mile. The expo seemed like it would be terrible with long lines but really went quite smoothly.

Frankford Hall is the goddam bomb. I can't wait to go back. Maybe convince the wife to hop on the bus and the el, don't even have to get into a car, straight from our house in the Burbs. :D Did you get the half chicken? Simple delicious goodness.

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

It was fun, even if it was my worst time ever. Can't believe how many people were out. The city is really into that run. It's awesome. Everybody from church choirs in N. Philly to degos in Flyers jerseys in S. Philly was out there cheering. (yeah, I'm allowed to say degos. 8-) )

I was very impressed with the organization. The wave starts meant that the run wasn't really all that crowded, even in the first mile. The expo seemed like it would be terrible with long lines but really went quite smoothly.

Frankford Hall is the goddam bomb. I can't wait to go back. Maybe convince the wife to hop on the bus and the el, don't even have to get into a car, straight from our house in the Burbs. :D Did you get the half chicken? Simple delicious goodness.

Yeah, I heard it was really cool and was a great time. My girlfriend was telling me about the same type of things, little kids waving their shirts on the rooftop at the start, the bands at temple, churchgoers, etc. Quite the change in demographics you see on that run.

Yeah, man. Great location to get there. Sunday was the third time I have been but first time I ate there. Had the lamb burger, was awesome. I'll have to check out the chicken next time. Oh, the giant pretzel is pretty goddamn good too. The cheese that comes with it is great. The crowd isn't nearly as hipster as I thought it would be either.
    pjhawks wrote:
    Jayson Werth ....

me and my crew gave him a standing ovation during his first AB on friday night. coincidentally manuel got tossed for arguing balls and strikes right when werth was being announced, so I had two reasons to cheer

I agree though about philly booing werth. morons
    Was at the game last night.

When Polanco bunted I was wondering who was going to pinch hit for Galvis, and was surprised to see him actually come up to bat. WTF Charlie? He is just lost. And wasting Nix as an announced pinch hitter too.

Good thing was I had an awesome turkey leg from Bulls and a couple beers, so there's that. :lol:

papelbon has a 5th year option that will likely vest

best part of this season is xfinity live
This discussion has been closed.