Options

***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,291
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    So this Budweiser Made in American festival? Just heard about this a few minutes ago. Sounds like it has potential. Anything done by Jay-Z will be done right.

Just watched the press conference. Pretty weak, no new info. Jay Z looked and sounded like he heard about the press conference 10 minutes before. Someone I work with said they are going to make it an annual thing. Tickets are $99 for two days. 20+ acts. Will be interesting to see who they are and if it's worth it.

i don't see how they are going to do tickets for this on the parkway though. are they going to fence in the whole area? i know for the July 4th they have a VIP area up front that is fenced in a bit but the rest is all free. that's a heck of a large area to try and have tickets for. and i have no faith in the leadership of philly to pull it off.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    pjhawks wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    So this Budweiser Made in American festival? Just heard about this a few minutes ago. Sounds like it has potential. Anything done by Jay-Z will be done right.

Just watched the press conference. Pretty weak, no new info. Jay Z looked and sounded like he heard about the press conference 10 minutes before. Someone I work with said they are going to make it an annual thing. Tickets are $99 for two days. 20+ acts. Will be interesting to see who they are and if it's worth it.

i don't see how they are going to do tickets for this on the parkway though. are they going to fence in the whole area? i know for the July 4th they have a VIP area up front that is fenced in a bit but the rest is all free. that's a heck of a large area to try and have tickets for. and i have no faith in the leadership of philly to pull it off.

Was just talking about this with someone at work. I would imagine they are going to block off the whole area and you won't be able to get within however many blocks or whatever without a ticket. We'll see.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Was just talking about this with someone at work. I would imagine they are going to block off the whole area and you won't be able to get within however many blocks or whatever without a ticket. We'll see.

lots of apartment and condo's in that area. who knows. i did see where it said the parkway and fairmount park so maybe some of the other stages will be a bit away from the parkway itself. definitely intrigued by the possibilities though. of course Bruce is at Citizen's Bank on Sunday and Monday of Labor Day weekend as well so sunday will be a crossover between the two. interesting to see who all the acts will be
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    halladay is over-rated :shifty:

not as bad as lincecum is :D. I know you're joking around, but people are seriously worried about halladay (same people that still think howard is good). dude has allowed more than 2 ERs in 2 starts this year. He's still awesome. It's not his fault that his team stinks

apparently hamels agent told the phils it's gonna take 7 years to sign him. keep waiting and letting that price tag inflate amaro, you fucking idiot

you can't give a pitcher 7 years. i'd be awfully hesitant to give 6 as well. give him more money and less years. didn't gillick try to hold pitchers under 5 years?

as for howard have you seen guys like rollins and pence trying to drive in runs? you must still think it's easy and unimportant. i've never seen a team fail to get guys home from 3rd more than this team.

gillick didn't believe in giving FA pitchers more than 3 years. homegrown guys were different

amaro won't pay him because he's still in his prime. he only believes in overpaying washed up guys (or guys who just plain suck)

dude, howard is the king of shitting the bed when runners are on 3rd with less than 2 outs.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

lots of apartment and condo's in that area. who knows. i did see where it said the parkway and fairmount park so maybe some of the other stages will be a bit away from the parkway itself. definitely intrigued by the possibilities though. of course Bruce is at Citizen's Bank on Sunday and Monday of Labor Day weekend as well so sunday will be a crossover between the two. interesting to see who all the acts will be

Yeah, I am sure a lot of people are going to have a good time in some of those condos. Should be a fun weekend in this city between the two, definitely sticking around for that weekend. I am really looking forward to seeing the lineup. I just hope it's not something like Beyonce one night and Jay Z the other. Would be cool if it was a rock group Saturday with Jay Z Sunday.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:
    dude, howard is the king of shitting the bed when runners are on 3rd with less than 2 outs.

career 48% getting the run in. league average is 51%
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    oh god. PLEASE NO!!!!

beginning of last paragraph means it will probably happen

The Boston Globe's Nick Cafardo recently floated Kevin Youkilis' name as a potential fit for the Phillies. The Red Sox have gotten excellent production out of rookie third baseman Will Middlebrooks, and there is some feeling that both Youkilis and the Red Sox would be well served by a change of scenery for the veteran.

If the Phillies could get him on the cheap, Youkilis would certainly be a worthy addition. He is currently on the disabled list with a back injury and is hitting just .219/.292/.344 with two home runs and 20 strikeouts in 64 at-bats. But he got off to a slow start last year and still ended up hitting .258/.373/.459 with 17 home runs. Such a batting line would be worhty of the cleanup spot in the Phillies lineup at this point.

Of course, trading for Youkilis now would not be the same as trading for him two years ago. He is a banged up 33-year-old veteran who has had trouble staying in the lineup over the past few seasons. But adding him to the mix would give Charlie Manuel a number of different personnel options, from playing Youkilis at third base and moving Polanco to second, to playing Youkilis at first. Given the time off that Utley, Howard and Polanco all figure to need, Youkilis could easily play every day if Manuel was comfortable rotating positions.
  • Options
    Questlove is saying the lineup is going to be great and the major acts from the other major festivals will be there.

http://www.okayplayer.com/news/jay-z-an ... lphia.html
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Questlove is saying the lineup is going to be great and the major acts from the other major festivals will be there.

not sure their full schedule but there is zero chance of PJ...right? right? the other festivals they are playing are later in the month.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

not sure their full schedule but there is zero chance of PJ...right? right? the other festivals they are playing are later in the month.

I was thinking the same. Aren't there rumors that they are doing Alpine Valley again that weekend? That would be so sweet though.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I was thinking the same. Aren't there rumors that they are doing Alpine Valley again that weekend? That would be so sweet though.

i thought i saw on the Porch someone saying that they pulled the hold on Alpine for that weekend. on one hand i really don't see PJ playing a 'new' festival because of their security fears or issues, but they do seem to be playing mostly festivals these days and only a few weeks prior to previous announce festival dates they are doing. bruce in town so eddie could make an appearance on sunday and/or monday with bruce. hmmm could be starting rumors :D
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    i thought i saw on the Porch someone saying that they pulled the hold on Alpine for that weekend. on one hand i really don't see PJ playing a 'new' festival because of their security fears or issues, but they do seem to be playing mostly festivals these days and only a few weeks prior to previous announce festival dates they are doing. bruce in town so eddie could make an appearance on sunday and/or monday with bruce. hmmm could be starting rumors :D

:lol: Ah, I didn't catch that since I haven't really been following it since there's no shot I'd be going back this year. Yeah, I'd have a tough time seeing it, but you never know. It's called Made In American though and they have to be one of the best American bands (to us the best) they could get for it so GET IT DONE JAY Z
  • Options
    Only 50,000 tickets per day for the Jay Z festival
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,744
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

:yawn:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

We'll see once the lineup is announced. I am thinking the Foo Fighters will be there.
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    According to NBC Philadelphia's Howard Eskin, Cole Hamels has told the Phillies he wants a seven-year deal.
    And if the Phillies aren't willing to give a contract of that length to Hamels, he will probably be able to find it elsewhere. The 28-year-old impending free agent left-hander has registered a sparkling 2.28 ERA, 1.04 WHIP and 49/9 K/BB ratio across 47 1/3 innings this season. He earned Cy Young Award votes in 2011 after posting a 2.79 ERA and 194/44 K/BB ratio in 216 frames

If true this is a fist to the jaw. Hell i'll trade Doc or Cliff to get him signed.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    Well hell we might as well bat Ruiz fourth.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    According to NBC Philadelphia's Howard Eskin, Cole Hamels has told the Phillies he wants a seven-year deal.
    And if the Phillies aren't willing to give a contract of that length to Hamels, he will probably be able to find it elsewhere. The 28-year-old impending free agent left-hander has registered a sparkling 2.28 ERA, 1.04 WHIP and 49/9 K/BB ratio across 47 1/3 innings this season. He earned Cy Young Award votes in 2011 after posting a 2.79 ERA and 194/44 K/BB ratio in 216 frames

If true this is a fist to the jaw. Hell i'll trade Doc or Cliff to get him signed.

we just discussed the 7 year thing

amaro is the worst

apparently toronto has inquired about trading for hamels
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,255
    congrats to Poli on his 2000th hit :clap: 3 in a row :)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,470
    congrats to Poli on his 2000th hit :clap: 3 in a row :)

what an unlikely way for him to get that number---congrats to placido and his abnormally large cranium. :clap:

"We won a game yesterday, if we win one today that's two in a row. If we win one tomorrow, that's called a winning streak. It has happened before."
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Charlie called Galvis and Galvison after the game. :lol::lol::lol:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

We'll see once the lineup is announced. I am thinking the Foo Fighters will be there.

Yea probably. I don't need to see them again. Once every couple years is fine.

I'm happy just to see MMJ this summer.

• Options

I hear you. I don't even really like them all that much, but I'll probably end up going if it's someone along those lines the first night.

I'll be at MMJ.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I hear you. I don't even really like them all that much, but I'll probably end up going if it's someone along those lines the first night.

I'll be at MMJ.

Yeah, I know you don't like the Foos. :lol: I'm a little worn out on them to be honest.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,470
    i have to see mmj. totally out of the loop with stuff though. when/where are they playing?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    i have to see mmj. totally out of the loop with stuff though. when/where are they playing?

Mann Center, one of the Fridays in August
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

apparantly MMR mentioned rumor this morning of PJ and Foos on this Jay-Z festival. as i said yesterday I don't see it but would be interesting.

and back to phils talk Freddy Galvis is now 3rd on the team in RBIs. doesn't get many hits but when he does he makes them count. and Chooch is on fire.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,664

8/2 salt lake city 5 bucks pioneer park
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

apparantly MMR mentioned rumor this morning of PJ and Foos on this Jay-Z festival. as i said yesterday I don't see it but would be interesting.

and back to phils talk Freddy Galvis is now 3rd on the team in RBIs. doesn't get many hits but when he does he makes them count. and Chooch is on fire.

Still can't see it either, but would be sweet.
This discussion has been closed.