10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    nice to finally win a series. now they need to win 3 of 4 from this terrible cubs team. heading down tomorrow night to see doc pitch. sadly I'm more excited to hit xfinity live than I am to go see this team
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,677
    The Fixer wrote:
    god damn hamels is awesome. making it look easy today

too bad your GM couldn't get a deal done ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,765
    imalive wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    god damn hamels is awesome. making it look easy today

too bad your GM couldn't get a deal done ;)

Fucking idiot.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    like to give some props to my high school baseball team (washington twp, nj), currently ranked 25th in the country by USA Today. We had an alumni game there last weekend. def a good time. program has produced some beasts
  • Options
    trevor may dominating AA. I don't think he's ready for the majors, but I wonder if they would consider trading him. He's their top prospect and was ranked in the top 100 by BA. Could bring a decent bat back in return.

Or maybe they think may could be their 5th starter when lee comes back and they could trade blanton/worley. I'm sure blanton wouldn't bring much in return, but worley could prob get them something decent. I'd trade him in a heartbeat if they think may is ready.

this picture would look a lot clearer if dipshit would get hamels done.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    The Fixer wrote:
    trevor may dominating AA. I don't think he's ready for the majors, but I wonder if they would consider trading him. He's their top prospect and was ranked in the top 100 by BA. Could bring a decent bat back in return.

Or maybe they think may could be their 5th starter when lee comes back and they could trade blanton/worley. I'm sure blanton wouldn't bring much in return, but worley could prob get them something decent. I'd trade him in a heartbeat if they think may is ready.

Only dipshit? You are getting soft.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Only dipshit? You are getting soft.

it's a family program. wait til I have a few beers at the game tonight
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,536
    the mlb at bat app is awesome. finally got it this year. i wish there wasn't a 30 second delay with the broadcast though.

comes in handy when walking the dog or watering the grass and stuff (it is still april right? where's all the fucking rain at?? :x )

on the other hand....the phils struggling only amplifies how horrible mccarthy and wheels are on tv. i can almost tolerate them when winning 102 games...but not this year so far.

long season gentlemen. if they can continue to hover around .500 and not fall too far behind come mid june or so, we'll be alright when re-reinforcements come back. this stupid extra wild card might come in handy this year.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    the mlb at bat app is awesome. finally got it this year. i wish there wasn't a 30 second delay with the broadcast though.

comes in handy when walking the dog or watering the grass and stuff (it is still april right? where's all the fucking rain at?? :x )

on the other hand....the phils struggling only amplifies how horrible mccarthy and wheels are on tv. i can almost tolerate them when winning 102 games...but not this year so far.

long season gentlemen. if they can continue to hover around .500 and not fall too far behind come mid june or so, we'll be alright when re-reinforcements come back. this stupid extra wild card might come in handy this year.

problem with this theory is that no one has any idea what those 'reinforcements' are going to provide...or if they can be depended on for the rest of the year assuming they do come back

if they want to actually do something in the playoffs this year (assuming they get there) they are going to have to improve this shitty offense. Not gonna be easy
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

problem with this theory is that no one has any idea what those 'reinforcements' are going to provide...or if they can be depended on for the rest of the year assuming they do come back

if they want to actually do something in the playoffs this year (assuming they get there) they are going to have to improve this shitty offense. Not gonna be easy

true. but then you also have to assume some these guys in the current lineup will start to play closer to their career averages as the season progresses.

take 3 of 4 from this farm team this weekend, then you're back over .500, have won 5 of 7 and feeling pretty good before these division rivals come up on the schedule. we'll see what happens.

i kinda like being the underdogs again. been a while :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

true. but then you also have to assume some these guys in the current lineup will start to play closer to their career averages as the season progresses.

take 3 of 4 from this farm team this weekend, then you're back over .500, have won 5 of 7 and feeling pretty good before these division rivals come up on the schedule. we'll see what happens.

i kinda like being the underdogs again. been a while :mrgreen:

see I disagree with the assumption that guys are going to improve to their career averages. This is an old team. None of these guys are in their primes (except maybe pence and victorino). Guys like wigginton, thome, mayberry, rollins, polanco...their best years are behind them. or they just aren't good in mayberry's case

april was supposed to be the easy part of the schedule. they have their work cut out for them. amaro needs to get his ass in gear and start figuring out how to fix this mess he's constucted (which I have no faith will happen)
  • Options
    honestly did you think their record would have been significantly better at this point?

i didn't. those guys are past their prime, but they should start to play at least to where they were the last couple years.

talk to me in mid june. if they're under .500 and 9 games back, then we're obviously screwed. way to early to say that now.

okay it's been fun kids. be good.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    honestly did you think their record would have been significantly better at this point?

i didn't. those guys are past their prime, but they should start to play at least to where they were the last couple years.

talk to me in mid june. if they're under .500 and 9 games back, then we're obviously screwed. way to early to say that now.

with the schedule that they have played, yes I thought they'd have a better record than they do.

if you don't see the offense being an issue...well, then I don't know what to tell you.

then again, you're the one that called the wigginton move 'solid' :lol:
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

with the schedule that they have played, yes I thought they'd have a better record than they do.

if you don't see the offense being an issue...well, then I don't know what to tell you.

really? if you think i think the offense isn't an issue then your reading comprehension hasn't improved at all has it?

you're better than that...right? :?

talk to you later.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

really? if you think i think the offense isn't an issue then your reading comprehension hasn't improved at all has it?

you're better than that...right? :?

talk to you later.

typical response when the convo turns to actually discussing baseball. was really hoping that you were going to work on that this season.

run along and study up now.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,789
    I'd like to see a Juggler/Fixer boxing match. One time for all time. Ryan Howard in Juggler's corner. Fixer's mom in his corner. Phillie ball-girls holding up cards with the round numbers. The Phanatic as the ref. Ruben Amaro, Charlie Manuel, and myself as the judges. 10 rounds. No three-knockdown rule. May the best man win.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    I'd like to see a Juggler/Fixer boxing match. One time for all time. Ryan Howard in Juggler's corner. Fixer's mom in his corner. Phillie ball-girls holding up cards with the round numbers. The Phanatic as the ref. Ruben Amaro, Charlie Manuel, and myself as the judges. 10 rounds. No three-knockdown rule. May the best man win.
    Id take the Jugs in that matchup. :corn:
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Do you smell something because this team stinks. :sick::sick::sick:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

no shit. least surprising news of the season...thome injured his back

if amaro picks up abreu I am taking him out
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,284
    The Fixer wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

no shit. least surprising news of the season...thome injured his back

if amaro picks up abreu I am taking him out

i wouldn't say stinks (although at times they play like it). They are about "average" now. They still have great starting pitching and their offense every so often comes out. :?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    pence has been impersonating dom brown in RF this season. catch the fucking ball dude. it's really not hard
  • Options
    Can we please face Volstad every game?
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    laynce nix comes up to some gangster rap song. my suspicions of douche have been confirmed.

I really don't like this team at all. chooch, rollins, the big 3...victorino is 50/50...pence is ok. that's about it. I will like thome again once he's not on the roster anymore
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,789
    The Fixer wrote:
    I really don't like this team at all.

No fucking way. I don't believe it.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

Seriously though, do you? I'm not being a smart ass.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

:shock: Although i agree for the most part. That big bat in the middle is surely missed.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

:shock: Although i agree for the most part. That big bat in the middle is surely missed.

dude, the lineup sucks even with howard. but yes, when you replace him with thome, mayberry, nix, wigginton he looks like cabrera or votto
  • Options
    But wasn't it u who said anyone could produce in that spot? U wanted Gload to start. And i'm not trying to start the whole R6 debate again,i'm curious.
    Go Birds!!!!
This discussion has been closed.