Options

***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    ROY.gif
    3-0 and chipped in an RBI last night, love him!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,306
    worst new trend for this season....Phanatic hats on adults. :oops:
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:

Do you mean the one with the long ear flaps?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

yes. they are all over the place now. even saw two of them last night on TV at the Giants game.

thanks to Angel Pagan last night for letting about 5 different balls drop in front of him in the 1st inning. Watched the 1st 6 innings last night. Halladay looked to be in a pissy mood. he really only had one pitch going most of the night but battled through.

really starting to like Galvis. damn good defensively and at least hits doubles which this team needs.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

yes. they are all over the place now. even saw two of them last night on TV at the Giants game.

thanks to Angel Pagan last night for letting about 5 different balls drop in front of him in the 1st inning. Watched the 1st 6 innings last night. Halladay looked to be in a pissy mood. he really only had one pitch going most of the night but battled through.

really starting to like Galvis. damn good defensively and at least hits doubles which this team needs.

I think halladay was getting squeezed last night. He is fucking awesome.

Really don't like watching this team though. Pretty boring when no one can hit the ball. Juan Pierre is especially brutal

Also, it was great to see manuel use papelbon in an 8-2 game the other day considering their next off day is 4/26. god he is dumb
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661
    Pearl jam on the beach? Who's in?
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I'm hoping there are more shows coming. I'd consider it though
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,766
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Waiting for something that isn't a festival.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Waiting for something that isn't a festival.

yeah, I agree. pensacola is in the middle of nowhere too. might be harder to get there than east troy, wisconsin was.

eagles schedule comes out tonight. if they play in NO (they play down there this year), that's only a 3.5 hour drive from pensacola. could be a kick ass weekend
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661
    Definitely going to be more dates, the beach sounds pretty sweet to me though.
  • Options
    after Blanton last night the Phils starting pitchers have now given up a run in the 1st inning of 5 straight games. that's not a good recipe when your offense isn't very good.

has any player gotten a bigger pass for sucking than Polanco? offensively he is totally washed up. weak singles hitter. and our manager continues to bat him 2nd. i like galvis better at this point.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    after Blanton last night the Phils starting pitchers have now given up a run in the 1st inning of 5 straight games. that's not a good recipe when your offense isn't very good.

has any player gotten a bigger pass for sucking than Polanco? offensively he is totally washed up. weak singles hitter. and our manager continues to bat him 2nd. i like galvis better at this point.

I believe the Polanco bashing is beginning. We should bat our pitchers 2nd.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    JK_Livin wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

I believe the Polanco bashing is beginning. We should bat our pitchers 2nd.

Lee is a solid 3 hole hitter on this team
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:

arent you the one that said last week that their lineup looks so much better with howard and utley in it...then showed the lineup with polanco hitting 2nd?

I apologize if it wasn't you, but I'm pretty sure it was.

This team sucks. I really hate amaro for ruining what gillick/wade built. He's a combo of minaya and godzilla, destroying everything in his path
  • Options
    best part of cbp this year is going to be springsteen on labor day weekend. got my tix for sunday today.

I'm more excited to get back to xfinity live than I am to go see the phils
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,284
    great pitching match-up tonight :corn:

both starters going 9 innings and no runs
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    3 hits through 10 :roll: . gonna be a lonnnnnnnnnngggg season

at least the games will be quick
  • Options
    manuel is absolutely lost
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

arent you the one that said last week that their lineup looks so much better with howard and utley in it...then showed the lineup with polanco hitting 2nd?

I apologize if it wasn't you, but I'm pretty sure it was.

This team sucks. I really hate amaro for ruining what gillick/wade built. He's a combo of minaya and godzilla, destroying everything in his path

no wasn't me. i've never liked polanco.

and i agree with you that charlie is clueless.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,677
    just to make you feel a little better.....the 2010 Giants won the WS with no hitting. don't give up hope ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,789
    Well one thing about not being able to hit is the games are quick. This west coast game might be over by 12:20.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    We went from 4 to 6 hits. It's an improvement. Booberry needs to drop behind Chooch in the lineup.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol:

I can't take this guy anymore. SANDBERG FOR PHILS MGR 2012.

I approve this message

http://crashburnalley.com/2012/04/20/gu ... -strategy/
  • Options
    more amaro magic!!

There have been no recent talks between the Phillies and Cole Hamels; he will eventually reach a point where he's so close to free agency that he may inevitably decide to test the market, rather than simply accept a Philadelphia offer. The market baseline for Hamels was set by the Matt Cain contract, at five years and $112.5 million, but agents who don't represent the left-hander are certain he could get a six-year deal in free agency from the Cubs, Dodgers or some other team.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    more amaro magic!!

There have been no recent talks between the Phillies and Cole Hamels; he will eventually reach a point where he's so close to free agency that he may inevitably decide to test the market, rather than simply accept a Philadelphia offer. The market baseline for Hamels was set by the Matt Cain contract, at five years and $112.5 million, but agents who don't represent the left-hander are certain he could get a six-year deal in free agency from the Cubs, Dodgers or some other team.

They should offer him exactly what Cain got.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The Fixer wrote:
    more amaro magic!!

And if they do he should turn it down. We need the big bat in this lineup BADLY!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    more amaro magic!!

hamels would laugh at that offer
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    more amaro magic!!

hamels would laugh at that offer

Well at least it's a fucking offer. Ya gotta start somewhere.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Since minaya waited so long I think the bidding starts around 6 years, $120 mill

he is adept at misreading FA markets
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The Fixer wrote:
    Since minaya waited so long I think the bidding starts around 6 years, $120 mill

he is adept at misreading FA markets
    I think if Hamels tests the market his getting a 7yr 150-155 deal.
    Go Birds!!!!
This discussion has been closed.