***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    not surprised. you guys have been a bit obsessed with the phillies for a while now. :lol:

when you're on top, i guess you're bound to take some shit when you fall. totally get that.

it's just mildly amusing to me. carry on clifton :thumbup:

We could really go back and forth on this all day. I live here and heard every day this season how much better the Phillies were than the Yankees and that they were going to roll to the world series and that the Yankees sucked. I think it's quite understandable to feel a little satisfaction.

And yeah, you are, Yanks fans have dealt with that for years.

well i'm happy that you are satisfied cliff.

go penn state :mrgreen:

Sounds sincere :lol:

And yes, Go Penn State. I hate Iowa. Beautiful day for football and a 3:30 game. Probably a blast out there today.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    And I will be interested to see what the Phillies do this offseason. They have their work cut out for them, especially if Howard is serious. Have to find offense somewhere. I don't know where I would start.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    I guess this isn't the best team ever after all. maybe next year people will look at the big picture, rather than just the virtually meaningless regular season record.

but 'we' won 102 games!!!

Fucking gay...

also, ryan howard sucks. has for last few years. and his contract WILL be the worst thing ever (the threads from when he signed that abortion of a deal are gold...idiots actually liked that signing at the time!!!!!!!!)

the manager is a fucking moron too. your GM gives you cliff lee for huge money and you use him ONCE in a playoff series that went the distance. great, vance worley got used as much. lee looked great warming up in the bullpen tonight though. I'd fire his ass. larussa anally raped him in this series

make fun of me. call me an ass hole. whatever. fuck everyone because I was right about all the shit I complained about all year.

also, the crowd sucked tonight. bandwagon pussies

Fucking cry about it you little baby. So you favorite baseball team got beat. Boo-hoo. You talk about "bandwagon pussies" but I'd rather deal with them than you people who feel entitled to a World Championship every year. Newsflash: THEY'RE THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES. Be happy they at least contend these days. From 1984-2006, they made the playoffs once and that was a total fluke. At least you've had something to root for when Bowa took over (the playoffs) and now with Charlie you have championships to root for. Yeah he was out-managed (by an all-time great manager) and yeah Howard is garbage, but I'll take this loss (as much as it sucks) over a 70 win season with Francona like we used to have....if you were even watching then.

the shit I complained about all year ended up being right. moron fans like you that say everything is great are just plain stupid.

now go play your video games little boy
    it was a good year regardless....

no it wasn't. it was a collasal failure and choke job
    One of my buddy's on FB posted this :

Dear Phillies,
    You are a bunch of pathetic chokers. I wasted my entire summer watching you assholes to have it culminate into that awful performance last night. $50 million came up small in Lee and Howard. Polly was a waste of time and Chooch did absolutely nothing. In addition, I need all of these stupid people to stop telling me that at least we have the Eagles. Here's a news flash....I DON'T CARE...SHUT UP! The Eagles haven't won anything in my lifetime and Andy Reid is a fat, overmatched jack hole who couldn't adjust his way out of a paper bag. When they get rid of that useless moron maybe I'll go back to caring. For now, let me be angry because the best team in baseball, the one that actually has 2 championships in my lifetime, lost to a team they were better than for the second year in a row. Lastly, Jimmy Rollins.....SHUT YOUR STUPID MOUTH! Maybe if you scumbags would get more than 3 hits in game 5 of the NLDS and not get shut out, maybe you'd hear a lot more noise. Ohh, I forgot, we're supposed to scream and go nuts for that pathetic performance last night. Hey idiot, maybe if you stopped tweeting and started hitting you wouldn't be where you are now. It's going to be a long, cold winter now thanks to you but hey...we won 102 games....who cares! God, I wish I could punch everyone of you in your stupid faces. Howard, why don't you just stand at first base when you're up to bat? You're already so far from the plate anyway. AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

that's pretty funny. I almost got in a fight with a turd trying to start a flyers chant while walking out of the stadium last night. people don't understand the opportunities that this team has blown the last two years. probably because they just started following baseball in 2008.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    thank god for '08. if it wasn't for that, these past few years would have the distinct stench of an andy reid led eagles run. actually it's starting to feel that way regardless.

maybe i'm getting older, maybe it's because of '08, i dunno, but this doesn't hurt quite as much as i thought it would. having been to my fair share of philly sports disappointments in person, tampa still feels much worse. dead silence walking out of the vet after that one. last night there were still clowns yelling dumb shit to no one in particular. even saw people leaving in the top of ninth. frauds.

enjoyable season till the end. oh well. at least my liver is spared another year.

go eagles....oh boy :? :problem: :lol:

Jeags, Jeags, Jeags.

Confidence is.............?

All Ab...............

Hats for......

Everyone h......

Hitting sea.....

After all the shit talked about Cliff Lee, Freddy Garcia, Bartolo Colon, the Phillies and Yankees both played the same number of games.

Just get me to the plate

hilarious
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    And I will be interested to see what the Phillies do this offseason. They have their work cut out for them, especially if Howard is serious. Have to find offense somewhere. I don't know where I would start.

would be nice to have an extra $125 million to spend on pujols or fielder :roll:
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    since you guys told me the giants can no longer be called defending WS Champs.....are the cardinals defending (2006) Champs? :?

for the record, I don't think you guys "talked shit." you were confident (during the regular season). you had every right to be confident. and then, the dreaded short series.....and a bunch of dead bats.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    imalive wrote:
    since you guys told me the giants can no longer be called defending WS Champs.....are the cardinals defending (2006) Champs? :?

for the record, I don't think you guys "talked shit." you were confident (during the regular season). you had every right to be confident. and then, the dreaded short series.....and a bunch of dead bats.

it wasn't about talking shit. it was enjoying winning 102 games. it was a fun summer. there's nothing wrong with that.

just goes to show how hard winning a world series is. all kinds of things have to fall just the right way. wasn't our year...or yours ;)
    www.myspace.com
  • The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    I guess this isn't the best team ever after all. maybe next year people will look at the big picture, rather than just the virtually meaningless regular season record.

but 'we' won 102 games!!!

Fucking gay...

also, ryan howard sucks. has for last few years. and his contract WILL be the worst thing ever (the threads from when he signed that abortion of a deal are gold...idiots actually liked that signing at the time!!!!!!!!)

the manager is a fucking moron too. your GM gives you cliff lee for huge money and you use him ONCE in a playoff series that went the distance. great, vance worley got used as much. lee looked great warming up in the bullpen tonight though. I'd fire his ass. larussa anally raped him in this series

make fun of me. call me an ass hole. whatever. fuck everyone because I was right about all the shit I complained about all year.

Fucking cry about it you little baby. So you favorite baseball team got beat. Boo-hoo. You talk about "bandwagon pussies" but I'd rather deal with them than you people who feel entitled to a World Championship every year. Newsflash: THEY'RE THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES. Be happy they at least contend these days. From 1984-2006, they made the playoffs once and that was a total fluke. At least you've had something to root for when Bowa took over (the playoffs) and now with Charlie you have championships to root for. Yeah he was out-managed (by an all-time great manager) and yeah Howard is garbage, but I'll take this loss (as much as it sucks) over a 70 win season with Francona like we used to have....if you were even watching then.

the shit I complained about all year ended up being right. moron fans like you that say everything is great are just plain stupid.

Yeah fine but I'm about to cry about my fucking baseball team losing when they're better now by a mile than they were 10 years ago. You must think you're entitled to championships like a Yankees fan does. And nobody ever disputed your "Howard sucks and we can't hit" posts. Just nobody wanted talk about them here because we're not Debbie Downers like you are. And enough with the video game line man. Yeah so I play MLB The Show and Madden on PS3. I can't even imagine the lame shit you do. You probably sit around your mother's basement all day throwing darts at a Ryan Howard poster or something.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    The Fixer wrote:

I love this guy ^^^^ :lol:

hope this thread remains robust during the offseason!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah fine but I'm about to cry about my fucking baseball team losing when they're better now by a mile than they were 10 years ago. You must think you're entitled to championships like a Yankees fan does. And nobody ever disputed your "Howard sucks and we can't hit" posts. Just nobody wanted talk about them here because we're not Debbie Downers like you are. And enough with the video game line man. Yeah so I play MLB The Show and Madden on PS3. I can't even imagine the lame shit you do. You probably sit around your mother's basement all day throwing darts at a Ryan Howard poster or something.

I don't understand your need to compare this year's team to the team's of 10 years ago. what the fuck is the point?? and yes, I expect the team with the 2nd highest payroll in the sport to win a title. after all, they were the odds on favorties to do so this year. but it's OK they choked since they are better than they were in 2002 :roll: :roll:

mother's basement is so original. you have no clue bro (as usual)

the howard sucks thing has been disputed here since the day he signed the worst contract in sports history. me, cliff, and jp are the only ones that said how dumb it was (most here were excited about it and defended him...and somehow continue to defend him, rather than just admitting that they were and are wrong)

honestly, your posts pretty much suck. rather than the attacks on me try bringing something of substance to the table for once
  • The Fixer wrote:

I don't understand your need to compare this year's team to the team's of 10 years ago. what the fuck is the point?? and yes, I expect the team with the 2nd highest payroll in the sport to win a title. after all, they were the odds on favorties to do so this year. but it's OK they choked since they are better than they were in 2002 :roll: :roll:

the howard sucks thing has been disputed here since the day he signed the worst contract in sports history. me, cliff, and jp are the only ones that said how dumb it was (most here were excited about it and defended him...and somehow continue to defend him, rather than just admitting that they were and are wrong)

honestly, your posts pretty much suck. rather than the attacks on me try bringing something of substance to the table for once

Oh my god in freakin' heaven. I'm saying that I'm not about to cry over them not winning (or "choking") because at least they're fun to watch these days unlike in the late 90's when they were bottom-feeders. And you are attacking me with your "little boy video game" remarks. How is a mother's basement line any different than that? Like I said a few weeks ago after PJ20 when you were complaining about the Temple set, I pity you cause you're such a cynic. You probably don't get much enjoyment out of anything.

Alright I'm done with you for now. I'll get back at ya when Howard's new contract kicks in.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    The Fixer wrote:

Oh my god in freakin' heaven. I'm saying that I'm not about to cry over them not winning (or "choking") because at least they're fun to watch these days unlike in the late 90's when they were bottom-feeders. And you are attacking me with your "little boy video game" remarks. How is a mother's basement line any different than that? Like I said a few weeks ago after PJ20 when you were complaining about the Temple set, I pity you cause you're such a cynic. You probably don't get much enjoyment out of anything.

Alright I'm done with you for now. I'll get back at ya when Howard's new contract kicks in.

there were a lot of 'cynics' at PJ20 then since my opinion was pretty much the consensus. music opinion is subjective while sports opinions can be somewhat objective. so again, nice point...you're on a roll.

if people would have paid more attention they would have realized that this was a flawed team. it was the same lineup that choked in 2010, so I didn't see how pieple could be so confident that anything would be different this year....especially with everyone being a year further from their peak years. but then again, thta's just common sense talking.

I speak the truth and I'm a wet blanket. whatever. these playoffs were real 'fun to watch'
  • The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

there were a lot of 'cynics' at PJ20 then since my opinion was pretty much the consensus. music opinion is subjective while sports opinions can be somewhat objective. so again, nice point...you're on a roll.

if people would have paid more attention they would have realized that this was a flawed team. it was the same lineup that choked in 2010, so I didn't see how pieple could be so confident that anything would be different this year....especially with everyone being a year further from their peak years. but then again, thta's just common sense talking.

I speak the truth and I'm a wet blanket. whatever. these playoffs were real 'fun to watch'

It was way more fun to watch than the 1995-2006 MLB playoffs. Whatever, I don't like online arguments or having online enemies so I'm done.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    so this team gets a free pass because they're better than the team's from the lieberthal/rolen/wolf/marlon anderson years? I couldn't disagree more.

It could be another 25 years before the phils get the opportunity they blew the last two years (especially with so much dead money tied up to howard). It sucks and I'm frustrated. sorry for saying so

this is definitely one case where it was not fun being right
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    The Fixer wrote:
    so this team gets a free pass because they're better than the team's from the lieberthal/rolen/wolf/marlon anderson years? I couldn't disagree more.

It could be another 25 years before the phils get the opportunity they blew the last two years (especially with so much dead money tied up to howard). It sucks and I'm frustrated. sorry for saying so

dude ... there are no guarantees in most sports, especially baseball ... anything can happen in the playoffs ... especially a best of 5 series ... all you can really hope for is a chance ... it's like tiger woods says - all he wants is a chance on sunday ... you guys gave yourself that chance ... brought in a big bat at the trade deadline and went with what you got you into the post-season ... the cards were no pushovers ... they lost pujols and holliday for chunks of the season which put them where they are ... but they are somewhat healthy now so, they were gonna be a tough matchup ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

dude ... there are no guarantees in most sports, especially baseball ... anything can happen in the playoffs ... especially a best of 5 series ... all you can really hope for is a chance ... it's like tiger woods says - all he wants is a chance on sunday ... you guys gave yourself that chance ... brought in a big bat at the trade deadline and went with what you got you into the post-season ... the cards were no pushovers ... they lost pujols and holliday for chunks of the season which put them where they are ... but they are somewhat healthy now so, they were gonna be a tough matchup ...

everyone in philly has been saying that pitching wins in the playoffs. the phils faced jaime garcia, kyle lohse, and edwin jackson (not to mention one of the worst pens in MLB) and still couldn't win the series.

The manager fucked up by throwing oswalt in game 4. and their lineup, except for rollins and utley, did nothing.

it's one of the biggest upsets in MLB playoff history. typical philadelphia. people from other cities don't understand
    The Fixer wrote:
    everyone in philly has been saying that pitching wins in the playoffs. the phils faced jaime garcia, kyle lohse, and edwin jackson and still couldn't win the series.

The manager fucked up by throwing oswalt in game 4. and their lineup, except for rollins and utley, did nothing.

it's one of the biggest upsets in MLB playoff history. typical philadelphia. people from other cities don't understand

dude ... i understand ... it's the same thing here in toronto with the leafs ... the biggest supporters and harshest critics are the fans ...

and you said it yourself ... the team was flawed ... you guys were middle of the road in hitting all year ... and that is what let you down ... but you had a chance (a good one at that) and it didn't work out ... but there are never any guarantees ... just as the red sox and yankees ... the red sox were supposed to be the best team ever assembled ... they couldn't even give themselves a chance ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    everyone in philly has been saying that pitching wins in the playoffs. the phils faced jaime garcia, kyle lohse, and edwin jackson and still couldn't win the series.

dude ... i understand ... it's the same thing here in toronto with the leafs ... the biggest supporters and harshest critics are the fans ...

and you said it yourself ... the team was flawed ... you guys were middle of the road in hitting all year ... and that is what let you down ... but you had a chance (a good one at that) and it didn't work out ... but there are never any guarantees ... just as the red sox and yankees ... the red sox were supposed to be the best team ever assembled ... they couldn't even give themselves a chance ...

toronto isn't the same. there is only 1 team there. in philly there are 4. letdown after letdown

this one will take a while to get over.
    The Fixer wrote:
    toronto isn't the same. there is only 1 team there. in philly there are 4. letdown after letdown

are you kidding me? ... we are voted the worst sports city by espn because of the fucking loser teams we have ...

at least you fucking guys make the playoffs!! ... :lol:

we can't get one fucking team to make the playoffs ... even our stupid football team where almost everyone makes the playoffs can't ... it's horrible to be a sports fan in toronto this past decade ...

sure ... i get it ... i'd be disappointed as well but sheesh ... all you can really ask for is a chance ... and you guys got it ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

are you kidding me? ... we are voted the worst sports city by espn because of the fucking loser teams we have ...

we can't get one fucking team to make the playoffs ... even our stupid football team where almost everyone makes the playoffs can't ... it's horrible to be a sports fan in toronto this past decade ...

sure ... i get it ... i'd be disappointed as well but sheesh ... all you can really ask for is a chance ... and you guys got it ...

who's won more titles in the last 20 years, philly or toronto??

sorry dude, you're not getting any sympathy around here
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Did the raptors and blue jays move? :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    polaris_x wrote:
    it's like tiger woods says - all he wants is a chance on sunday ...
    who gives a rat's ass what that dick says?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    81 wrote:

yeah, I haven't been able to think clearly since friday night. I'm not working with a full deck over here
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

yeah, I haven't been able to think clearly since friday night. I'm not working with a full deck over here
    are you ever? the other philly guys think you're a bit of a loose cannon ;):lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    The Fixer wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

who's won more titles in the last 20 years, philly or toronto??

sorry dude, you're not getting any sympathy around here

honestly ... i'd trade our 2 WS wins for 1 WS win and consistent playoff appearances ...
    imalive wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

are you ever? the other philly guys think you're a bit of a loose cannon ;):lol:

I just call em like I see em. I'm right a lot more than I'm wrong

now I get to focus my hatred and frustration towards michael vick. what an ass hole he is
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

exactly.

some people in this town are spoiled by 2008. fixer likes to make fun of the new bandwagon fans but he acts just like them. it's hard to win a world series. 08 was the exception to the rule, not the norm. every season doesn't end in a parade down broad street. that is all the more reason to appreciate what you have and enjoy the ride. those that did, got some joy out of this season, despite the huge disappointment at the end. i love baseball too much not to enjoy 102 wins. people like the fixer were miserable. then again, he's seemed miserable since he started posting in here a couple years ago. :lol: to me, life's too short for that shit.
    www.myspace.com
  • polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

exactly.

some people in this town are spoiled by 2008. fixer likes to make fun of the new bandwagon fans but he acts just like them. it's hard to win a world series. 08 was the exception to the rule, not the norm. every season doesn't end in a parade down broad street. that is all the more reason to appreciate what you have and enjoy the ride. those that did, got some joy out of this season, despite the huge disappointment at the end. i love baseball too much not to enjoy 102 wins. people like the fixer were miserable. then again, he's seemed miserable since he started posting in here a couple years ago. :lol: to me, life's too short for that shit.

Yeah I'd rather see the Phils miss opportunities than have no opportunity at all. If you ever told my 17-year-old self that someday the Phillies would win the division 5 years in a row, I'd take that whether it came with championships or not. And it's come with one championship (and another series appearance) so I'm more than satisfied. Brad Lidge could kill a guy and I'd still defend him saying "yeah but he was 100% on save opportunities in 2008 and that was the greatest year ever!"

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
This discussion has been closed.