***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Juggler there's not much cheering up for you I know, but if you continue watching the NLCS there's always this behind homeplate 4 seats to the CF camera's left...http://deadspin.com/frontrowamy
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    RW81233 wrote:
    Juggler there's not much cheering up for you I know, but if you continue watching the NLCS there's always this behind homeplate 4 seats to the CF camera's left...http://deadspin.com/frontrowamy

wow...she's pretty hot for milwaukee :mrgreen:

i'm alright dude. i'm from philadelphia. unfortunately we're used to shit like this happening all the time, except once. at least it's a beautiful day for bike ride ;)
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    thank god for '08. if it wasn't for that, these past few years would have the distinct stench of an andy reid led eagles run. actually it's starting to feel that way regardless.

maybe i'm getting older, maybe it's because of '08, i dunno, but this doesn't hurt quite as much as i thought it would. having been to my fair share of philly sports disappointments in person, tampa still feels much worse. dead silence walking out of the vet after that one. last night there were still clowns yelling dumb shit to no one in particular. even saw people leaving in the top of ninth. frauds.

enjoyable season till the end. oh well. at least my liver is spared another year.

go eagles....oh boy :? :problem: :lol:

Jeags, Jeags, Jeags.

Confidence is.............?

All Ab...............

Hats for......

Everyone h......

Hitting sea.....

After all the shit talked about Cliff Lee, Freddy Garcia, Bartolo Colon, the Phillies and Yankees both played the same number of games.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    thank god for '08. if it wasn't for that, these past few years would have the distinct stench of an andy reid led eagles run. actually it's starting to feel that way regardless.

maybe i'm getting older, maybe it's because of '08, i dunno, but this doesn't hurt quite as much as i thought it would. having been to my fair share of philly sports disappointments in person, tampa still feels much worse. dead silence walking out of the vet after that one. last night there were still clowns yelling dumb shit to no one in particular. even saw people leaving in the top of ninth. frauds.

enjoyable season till the end. oh well. at least my liver is spared another year.

Jeags, Jeags, Jeags.

All Ab...............

Hats for......

Everyone h......

Hitting sea.....

After all the shit talked about Cliff Lee, Freddy Garcia, Bartolo Colon, the Phillies and Yankees both played the same number of games.

come again? :? ohhhh, i see what you're trying to do. very clever.

shit happens young clifford. life, it tends to moves on. ;):lol:
    www.myspace.com
    Oh and since I don't have a Yankees game to go to tonight, I will be getting steaks at Smith & Wollensky. I am seriously, seriously hoping Cliff Lee is there, being in his neighborhood and all.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Oh and since I don't have a Yankees game to go to tonight, I will be getting steaks at Smith & Wollensky. I am seriously, seriously hoping Cliff Lee is there, being in his neighborhood and all.

yeah, maybe you can get an autograph :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    RW81233 wrote:

i'm alright dude. i'm from philadelphia. unfortunately we're used to shit like this happening all the time, except once. at least it's a beautiful day for bike ride ;)
    you know last night when Axford gave up that run I turned to my wife and looked at the open bottle of wine that I had yet to touch...in years past I would have just guzzled straight from the bottle. However, I looked back over and in the middle of all of my anger there was my 8 month old kid sitting in her lap with the biggest fucking grin on his face. At that moment I realized it wasn't worth it...ughh getting old sucks the spirit from you. :lol:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Jeags, Jeags, Jeags.

All Ab...............

Hats for......

Everyone h......

Hitting sea.....

That it does. But after all the shit I heard this year, there's no way I'm not going to rub this in. Just a little at least. ;)

And it's Clifton good sir, kind of like a baseball player I have heard a thing or two about before.
    RW81233 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

you know last night when Axford gave up that run I turned to my wife and looked at the open bottle of wine that I had yet to touch...in years past I would have just guzzled straight from the bottle. However, I looked back over and in the middle of all of my anger there was my 8 month old kid sitting in her lap with the biggest fucking grin on his face. At that moment I realized it wasn't worth it...ughh getting old sucks the spirit from you. :lol:

these babies. they keep sprouting up. my friend's wife is in labor right now. mrs. juggler wants one asap. good perspective my friend......though, i still may have guzzled it.
    www.myspace.com
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    on the bright side...at last howard made contact unlike aod :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Jeags, Jeags, Jeags.

All Ab...............

Hats for......

Everyone h......

Hitting sea.....

That it does. But after all the shit I heard this year, there's no way I'm not going to rub this in. Just a little at least. ;)

And it's Clifton good sir, kind of like a baseball player I have heard a thing or two about before.

rub what in? you're team's out of it too. :? :lol::lol:

the season's over. time to move on dude.
    www.myspace.com

yeah, but then he ruptured his achilles or something. :o

arod is first player in baseball history to strikeout to end 2 post season's in a row.

only sports, right neilly? how those broadway blue shirts looking this year?
    www.myspace.com
    babies are fun and sucky all wrapped into one. enjoy your free time while you got it. i did guzzle a good bit of it after the win but i mean Nyjer Morgan was saying "Fuck Yeah" on national television so all bets were off.

That is is, but the Yanks weren't declared the world champs coming into the season.

Funny, I think you would be singing a different tune and taking it more seriously if the Phillies won 9 more games. Funny how that works and how quickly things change.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    RW81233 wrote:
    I do wonder why the jilted Rangers owner hasn't sent out a tweet about how Cliff Lee can't do things the easy way, like that dickbag from the Cavs did to LeBron.

Cause the jilted Rangers owner's team made it farther than Lee's team whereas the Cavs will never make it farther than Lebron's team.

Nolan wouldn't do that anyway.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

That is is, but the Yanks weren't declared the world champs coming into the season.

Funny, I think you would be singing a different tune and taking it more seriously if the Phillies won 9 more games. Funny how that works and how quickly things change.

yeah you think i would be singing a different tune if the phillies won the world series? you're a genius cliff :roll: :thumbup: :lol:

psst--cliffy, you guys lost too. you have no room to talk shit. like, at. all. it's actually coming off quite desperate man. thought you were better than this. seriously. it's not like the philies lost to the yankees or something. why do you care about the phils so much? :?
    www.myspace.com

arod is first player in baseball history to strikeout to end 2 post season's in a row.

Of course it is. Anyone with half a brain realizes it's entertainment. No one is losing sleep over it but after everything we heard all season about how great the Phillies were, it's slightly enjoyable to laugh about how the season ended.
    edited October 2011
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Of course it is. Anyone with half a brain realizes it's entertainment. No one is losing sleep over it but after everything we heard all season about how great the Phillies were, it's slightly enjoyable to laugh about how the season ended.

alright. soak it in buddy. :thumbup: :wave: :lol:
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com

totally..we move on...its sports

all the players will be in the bahamas come monday...i know i won't be
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

yeah you think i would be singing a different tune if the phillies won the world series? you're a genius cliff :roll: :thumbup: :lol:

psst--cliffy, you guys lost too. you have no room to talk shit. like, at. all. it's actually coming off quite desperate man. thought you were better than this. seriously. it's not like the philies lost to the yankees or something. why do you care about the phils so much? :?

Come on man. Now your acting dumb. All everyone heard from you and almost everyone else in the city was how great the phillies were. I had no expectations of the Yankees winning the world series this year and never hyped them up. When someone talks shit all year about how great a team is and they go out like that, you're going to hear it. I don't give a shit if it was Philly, Boston or any other team.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

:lol::lol:

he is so full of shit
    good lord. feels like we've entered into some kind of parallel universe where yankees fans are more happy about the phillies losing than phils fans are about the yankees losing. glad we mean that much to you. :)

that is some funny shit right there.

first the redsox choking and now the phils losing in the nlds. it's like you guys have won 2 word series in the last few weeks. hopefully that will get you through the winter. :thumbup: :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    good lord. feels like we've entered into some kind of parallel universe where yankees fans are more happy about the phillies losing than phils fans are about the yankees losing. glad we mean that much to you. :)

first the redsox choking and now the phils losing in the nlds. it's like you guys have won 2 word series in the last few weeks. hopefully that will get you through the winter. :thumbup: :lol:

we need to keep a safe lead on the amount of ws titles between the 3 states :lol:

we need to keep a safe lead on the amount of ws titles between the 3 states :lol:

gotcha. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com

This is such nonsense man. It's not a Yankees fan thing it's a baseball fan thing. The majority of people who dealt with and heard phillies fans talk shit this year are enjoying this, no matter what team they like.

I enjoyed the Red Sox collapse because I don't like them. I enjoyed the Phillies getting beat because of all the hype, and because of all the shit talked about how they are going to roll right down Broad Street. And yes, I hear the most of it since I live here.

If the Yankees signed Cliff Lee and rolled through the regular season winning 102 games while we all talked shit all year then lost in the first round, you are really trying to tell me you wouldn't enjoy it, regardless of what the Phillies did?

ALL ABOARD

I'm done.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

This is such nonsense man. It's not a Yankees fan thing it's a baseball fan thing. The majority of people who dealt with and heard phillies fans talk shit this year are enjoying this, no matter what team they like.

I enjoyed the Red Sox collapse because I don't like them. I enjoyed the Phillies getting beat because of all the hype, and because of all the shit talked about how they are going to roll right down Broad Street. And yes, I hear the most of it since I live here.

If the Yankees signed Cliff Lee and rolled through the regular season winning 102 games while we all talked shit all year then lost in the first round, you are really trying to tell me you wouldn't enjoy it, regardless of what the Phillies did?

ALL ABOARD

I'm done.

feel better now? anything else you need to get off your chest?

wow

:lol::lol::lol: :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

ALL ABOARD

I'm done.

wow

I'm good. Just entertaining that you are acting suprised to hear people bust your balls after your season of posts in here.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

ALL ABOARD

I'm done.

wow

I'm good. Just entertaining that you are acting suprised to hear people bust your balls after you're season of posts in here.

not surprised. you guys have been a bit obsessed with the phillies for a while now. :lol:

when you're on top, i guess you're bound to take some shit when you fall. totally get that.

it's just mildly amusing to me. carry on clifton :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    not surprised. you guys have been a bit obsessed with the phillies for a while now. :lol:

when you're on top, i guess you're bound to take some shit when you fall. totally get that.

We could really go back and forth on this all day. I live here and heard every day this season how much better the Phillies were than the Yankees and that they were going to roll to the world series and that the Yankees sucked. I think it's quite understandable to feel a little satisfaction.

And yeah, you are, Yanks fans have dealt with that for years.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

We could really go back and forth on this all day. I live here and heard every day this season how much better the Phillies were than the Yankees and that they were going to roll to the world series and that the Yankees sucked. I think it's quite understandable to feel a little satisfaction.

And yeah, you are, Yanks fans have dealt with that for years.

well i'm happy that you are satisfied cliff.

go penn state :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.