***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• I'm not even really upset. These clowns will head off on exotic vacations and enjoy their mansions all winter and dont even give a shit. So why should I get upset about it. Maybe imalive can pull my rant from last year that he has saved on his clipboard. :lol:

Didn't even know about the Howard injury. I'm just not going to say anything so I don't feel bad about it later.

Cards were the better team. What are you gonna do? I told everyone they would be a bitch to play against.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • So much for Sox-Phils 2011 WS
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    So much for Sox-Phils 2011 WS

Baseball never works the way you think its going to. 2009 was the last year I felt confident in the outcome early in the season.
    I'm not even really upset. These clowns will head off on exotic vacations and enjoy their mansions all winter and dont even give a shit. So why should I get upset about it. Maybe imalive can pull my rant from last year that he has saved on his clipboard. :lol:

Didn't even know about the Howard injury. I'm just not going to say anything so I don't feel bad about it later.

Cards were the better team. What are you gonna do? I told everyone they would be a bitch to play against.

I was less upset at last night than I anticipated but for very different reasons. I had lower expectations than you guys did, for once.

Everyone said the offense was a problem all year.

I pulling for the Tigers here on out, I think. I just hate Valverde. Like Leyland, like Verlander, like Caberea. Detroit could use it. My old man always pulled for the team that beat the Yankees, why not get beat by the best.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

Baseball never works the way you think its going to. 2009 was the last year I felt confident in the outcome early in the season.

The division series is the one that can trip you up. Even when the Yankees were playing the Twins and although they've always beaten them, I always feel nervous in this round because of how abrupt it can end if one game goes wrong.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

The division series is the one that can trip you up. Even when the Yankees were playing the Twins and although they've always beaten them, I always feel nervous in this round because of how abrupt it can end if one game goes wrong.

Agreed, although I was never really nervous when they played the Twins. In 2009 on Memorial Day weekend at Yankee stadium, I knew those two teams would be playing each other in the Series and thought the Yanks would win.

I thought if the Phillies won this series, they would win it all. I like either of the AL teams here on out.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    wow ... went to see moneyball tonite ... went in with cards up 1-0 ... thought my iphone wasn't refreshing when i came out and it was the same score ... must have been a tense game ...

like in the movie ... people only care if you win that last game ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    wow ... went to see moneyball tonite ... went in with cards up 1-0 ... thought my iphone wasn't refreshing when i came out and it was the same score ... must have been a tense game ...

I have to get to this. Maybe on my day off on Monday. Great game, two great games tonight. Baseball is the greatest sport in the world.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

I have to get to this. Maybe on my day off on Monday. Great game, two great games tonight. Baseball is the greatest sport in the world.

i dunno about the greatest nor even sport ... haha ...

but that first game was pretty good ...
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

these last 2 days have been great...Tigers and Yanks yesterday, and the 2 games tonight...beautiful.

Go Tigers Go
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I guess this isn't the best team ever after all. maybe next year people will look at the big picture, rather than just the virtually meaningless regular season record.

but 'we' won 102 games!!!

Fucking gay...

also, ryan howard sucks. has for last few years. and his contract WILL be the worst thing ever (the threads from when he signed that abortion of a deal are gold...idiots actually liked that signing at the time!!!!!!!!)

the manager is a fucking moron too. your GM gives you cliff lee for huge money and you use him ONCE in a playoff series that went the distance. great, vance worley got used as much. lee looked great warming up in the bullpen tonight though. I'd fire his ass. larussa anally raped him in this series

make fun of me. call me an ass hole. whatever. fuck everyone because I was right about all the shit I complained about all year.

also, the crowd sucked tonight. bandwagon pussies
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    You can't even fall back on the Eagles because they stink too!

Last night was a great baseball game even tho I'm usually bored watching mlb. I kept thinking someone was going to deliver a big hit for the Phils. Victorino, Raul or someone...

2 years in a row Howard was the last out? I think he's a bum in October..
  • The Fixer wrote:
    I guess this isn't the best team ever after all. maybe next year people will look at the big picture, rather than just the virtually meaningless regular season record.

Fucking gay...

also, ryan howard sucks. has for last few years. and his contract WILL be the worst thing ever (the threads from when he signed that abortion of a deal are gold...idiots actually liked that signing at the time!!!!!!!!)

the manager is a fucking moron too. your GM gives you cliff lee for huge money and you use him ONCE in a playoff series that went the distance. great, vance worley got used as much. lee looked great warming up in the bullpen tonight though. I'd fire his ass. larussa anally raped him in this series

make fun of me. call me an ass hole. whatever. fuck everyone because I was right about all the shit I complained about all year.

Fucking cry about it you little baby. So you favorite baseball team got beat. Boo-hoo. You talk about "bandwagon pussies" but I'd rather deal with them than you people who feel entitled to a World Championship every year. Newsflash: THEY'RE THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES. Be happy they at least contend these days. From 1984-2006, they made the playoffs once and that was a total fluke. At least you've had something to root for when Bowa took over (the playoffs) and now with Charlie you have championships to root for. Yeah he was out-managed (by an all-time great manager) and yeah Howard is garbage, but I'll take this loss (as much as it sucks) over a 70 win season with Francona like we used to have....if you were even watching then.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • crazypjfan wrote:
    You can't even fall back on the Eagles because they stink too!

Last night was a great baseball game even tho I'm usually bored watching mlb. I kept thinking someone was going to deliver a big hit for the Phils. Victorino, Raul or someone...

2 years in a row Howard was the last out? I think he's a bum in October..

I had no confidence in anyone getting a big hit. I called a one run Cards victory in game 5 the moment game 4 ended. As for Howard. He was amazingly bad in this series but so was Pence, Ibanez, Palanco, and Ruiz so it's not all on him.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • DragonsAfter3or4DragonsAfter3or4 Bluegrass Posts: 332
    Glad to see my Cardinals advance baby!!!!!!!!!! Have a feeling tho this might be the end of the line. Brew crew might put a beatin on em. In addition, those dumb asses may let Puljos go. If they let that happen, this St. Louis fan of the last 30 years may have to drive over to the front office and knock the shiat out of somebody!
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    He did. He told the print reporters that he will have surgery and that he felt a pop when it happened. Maybe the TV crews didn't stick around long enough for him to show.

They are saying surgery already? Jesus, good thing his contract kicks in this offseason. Not only did he decline but he could have possibly had a serious injury, BEFORE it was necessary to extend him. How do GM's get paid that much money and make such horrible decisions?
    as an athletic trainer who works with sports medicine orthopedic surgeouns i can add a little light to the injury discussion...

yes if the achiles tendon is torn you have to fix it surgically very soon. when a tendon is torn the muscle that it is attached to the tendon shortens or "retracts" and the longer you wait the more it retracts and the more retracted the tendon is it makes for an exponentially more difficult surgical repair and the potential complications are multiplied. these include lost range of motion in the ankle, lost ability to push off when walking and running, and depending on which ankle it is, it can affect his hitting and the fluidity of his weight transfer or follow through in his swing.

the things howard has going for him if it is an achilles rupture are these:
    1. he is still relatively young. the older you are when you rupture your achilles the more complications you have. the younger you are the better your recovery is.

2. he presumably does not smoke or use steroids. smoking inhibits tissue healing and makes failure of the repair more likely. many times the soft tissue of a chronic 30 year smoker is too poor to even attempt to repair. using steroids for prolonged periods actually weakens tendons making them more prone to tear and more diffucult to heal any surgical repairs. use of steroids, both anabolic and the anti-inflammatory type such as cortisone, can make tendons weak and prone to rupture over time. this is why doctors do not do cortisone injections into major tendons like the achilles, patellar or quadriceps tendon, etc etc....the surgeons i work with refuse to do soft tissue repairs on smokers or steroid abusers because there is too much risk of poor outcomes and then potential lawsuits against teh doctors for failed repairs. they will not assume that risk for what they get paid per surgery.

3. he has access to the best surgeons, and if his are not comfortable making that repair then they will refer him somewhere that is comfortable doing it.

recovery time for an elite athlete with a torn achilles is at least 6 months, and many of them do not regain their prior level of function, so this can be a career shortening injury.... so hopefully his is not torn.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    it was a good year regardless....
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • If the Eagles lose tomorrow, we may have to declare a state of emergency in the city of Philadelphia.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    If the Eagles lose tomorrow, we may have to declare a state of emergency in the city of Philadelphia.
    http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?secti ... id=8384090

Anyone heard from Jeags??
    :o :shock:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Not much else to say other than this team is a disgrace

I haven't felt this pissed off since 2004 TB-EAGLES

I feel sorry for Doc

I Didn't even see Howard go down I was so phuckin mad I changed the Channel as soon as the out happened

The Fixer wrote:

Fucking gay...

When your last big hit comes from Ben Francisco you're in trouble

This team refuses to change their approach at the plate and work pitchers

Guys like Skip Schumacher Manage to have 10 pitch AB'S?????

Biggest choke ever?

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933

Anyone heard from Jeags??
    :o :shock:
    the possibilities....not pretty.

i'm not gonna rag on my philly buddies especially since I wanted TLR the fuck out of there :x

pretty unbelievable result for me. the cards were hot and you should have laid down for the braves (altho cards probably would have beaten them the next day) but I still figured you'd beat them. here's what I came up with:

other than werth, this is pretty much the same team from 2008, is it not? if we graphed the years and results, it would be a line...running straight downhill at 45 degrees.

2008 - won WS
    2009 - lost WS
    2010 - lost NLCS
    2011 - lost NLDS

I remember saying the 2010 phillies were better at EVERY position than my giants....maybe I was living in the past. the 2008 phillies were better at every position than the 2010 giants (except for catcher and chooch is pretty good). your boys just got old. victorino, ruiz, ibanez, polanco, etc. USED to get it done. not so much anymore, it doesn't seem. pedestrian numbers from pedestrian players....too old, too. you guys have the pitching but it's gonna take some new bats in the lineup to get this done next year IMHO.

sorry you guys lost :cry: . where do I go now for my entertainment? :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    One of my buddy's on FB posted this :

Dear Phillies,
    You are a bunch of pathetic chokers. I wasted my entire summer watching you assholes to have it culminate into that awful performance last night. $50 million came up small in Lee and Howard. Polly was a waste of time and Chooch did absolutely nothing. In addition, I need all of these stupid people to stop telling me that at least we have the Eagles. Here's a news flash....I DON'T CARE...SHUT UP! The Eagles haven't won anything in my lifetime and Andy Reid is a fat, overmatched jack hole who couldn't adjust his way out of a paper bag. When they get rid of that useless moron maybe I'll go back to caring. For now, let me be angry because the best team in baseball, the one that actually has 2 championships in my lifetime, lost to a team they were better than for the second year in a row. Lastly, Jimmy Rollins.....SHUT YOUR STUPID MOUTH! Maybe if you scumbags would get more than 3 hits in game 5 of the NLDS and not get shut out, maybe you'd hear a lot more noise. Ohh, I forgot, we're supposed to scream and go nuts for that pathetic performance last night. Hey idiot, maybe if you stopped tweeting and started hitting you wouldn't be where you are now. It's going to be a long, cold winter now thanks to you but hey...we won 102 games....who cares! God, I wish I could punch everyone of you in your stupid faces. Howard, why don't you just stand at first base when you're up to bat? You're already so far from the plate anyway. AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Stay here rob, I have a feeling this thread is going to be pretty entertaining once the hangovers wear off.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    immm gonna have alot of good reading to catch up on... :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Stay here rob, I have a feeling this thread is going to be pretty entertaining once the hangovers wear off.
    8-)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    I told you to fucking lay down against the Braves. Even if you just lose the last one it forces a playoff so that Carpenter can only go one game. As much as I hate Bellytits he would never have let that opportunity get away. Best case you play Cards in a short series with them only having Carpenter once, and worst case is you play the fucking D-Bags who would have been no match for you. Absolutely horrible, on top of that you got $120M going to a guy who might never play (well) again. Can we start the Pujy to the Phils rumors yet? Another big amount going to a second baseman who has no lower body strength, and a SS who only won MVP because he's the NL's version of Ichiro, swings at everything, and accumulated counting stats like you wouldn't believe. Now he's old and broken down. With the excellent pitching you have the Phils will always be there, and that's something, but at some point you gotta get younger at the plate and with these huge contracts to J-Roll, Utley, and the 1B formerly known as Ryan Howard it's not gonna get better quickly. I'm excited to be in the NLCS, but was actually really looking forward to the back and forth even if/when the Brewers took the loss. Now I gotta deal with this fuckface LaRussa, and that crybaby bitch Pujols (I hope Tony Punch "one punches" him like he claims he could) for a 10 days.
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    I do wonder why the jilted Rangers owner hasn't sent out a tweet about how Cliff Lee can't do things the easy way, like that dickbag from the Cavs did to LeBron.
  • RW81233 wrote:
    I do wonder why the jilted Rangers owner hasn't sent out a tweet about how Cliff Lee can't do things the easy way, like that dickbag from the Cavs did to LeBron.

Cause the jilted Rangers owner's team made it farther than Lee's team whereas the Cavs will never make it farther than Lebron's team.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    thank god for '08. if it wasn't for that, these past few years would have the distinct stench of an andy reid led eagles run. actually it's starting to feel that way regardless.

maybe i'm getting older, maybe it's because of '08, i dunno, but this doesn't hurt quite as much as i thought it would. having been to my fair share of philly sports disappointments in person, tampa still feels much worse. dead silence walking out of the vet after that one. last night there were still clowns yelling dumb shit to no one in particular. even saw people leaving in the top of ninth. frauds.

enjoyable season till the end. oh well. at least my liver is spared another year.

go eagles....oh boy :? :problem: :lol:
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.