***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,530
    I am very disappointed in tonight's performance, but there is no way Doc is losing on Friday. Carpenter is going to get lit up. 6-0 Phils.

atta guy! :thumbup:

home crowd is going to be fucking insane (180 from sunday).

i gotta attend this fucking game...
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

nfl isn't the same IMO. those games are one and done, not a series.

even though the phils are huge favorites, no collapse will top the 2000 flyers. that was a weeklong kick to the balls.

yeah but they are all deciding games. every game is a game 7 (or game 5 nlds). you know what i mean.

yeah. I just think that the buildup from a week or 2 week long series adds to the drama of a game 7. Like those 2 game 7's the sixers won during their run to the finals. Those games were insane. SAme with the flyers/bruins game 2 years ago.

I have so much work to catch up on after being away for a week. I don't know how I'm going to concentrate on anything these next two days

i hear you on the work thing. these past 2 weeks have been the busiest i've been in forever. i am on no sleep right now.

but the week long buildup to an nfl playoff game always whips everyone into a frenzy heading into the weekend too though (admittedly last year was different for the eagles).
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I am very disappointed in tonight's performance, but there is no way Doc is losing on Friday. Carpenter is going to get lit up. 6-0 Phils.

I don't know how this team is going to score 6 runs unless they somehow find new guys to hit in the 4-8 spots (yes I intentionally didn't include the 9 spot because I could see halladay going 3-3 with 3 homers...then throwing a perfect game)
    why are all these people talking about the squirrel? that had no impact on the game at all whatsoever.

I hate the media. and everything else right now
    The Fixer wrote:

I don't know how this team is going to score 6 runs unless they somehow find new guys to hit in the 4-8 spots (yes I intentionally didn't include the 9 spot because I could see halladay going 3-3 with 3 homers...then throwing a perfect game)

umm, they could score 6 runs kind of similar to them scoring 11 the last time they faced carpenter in game 1. the same game 1 when the 4 hitter opened up the floodgates with a fucking 3 run bomb to the upper deck.

(it's the same team. really, it is ;) )
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

umm, they could score 6 runs kind of similar to them scoring 11 the last time they faced carpenter in game 1. the same game 1 when the 4 hitter opened up the floodgates with a fucking 3 run bomb to the upper deck.

(it's the same team. really, it is ;) )

If the phils lose and howard doesn't contibute positively in some way I am going to turn into deniro's character in The Fan
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    They will definitely lose to break our hearts? Though they should win on paper; but all this October magic nonsense seems to be the way things go. It seems they play better in the underdog role and have never been able to embrace the fact they were favorites the last two years; makes no sense, right?

Though they haven't been hitting so maybe they're the underdog now :D ? I'm simply confused as a baseball fan and scared as a Philadelphia sports fan who has my heart broke numerous times as we all know. And as pointed out in numerous threads thus far, elimination games are simply so much fun, hope it goes to extra innings; can't wait to get to CBP on Friday, I may show up tomorrow and no matter what happens it was a fun year.
  • So, Kris, aren't you the one who said we want the easy Cards in the first round?

And yea, you're also the one who said we couldn't depend on Oswalt.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    So, Kris, aren't you the one who said we want the easy Cards in the first round?

And yea, you're also the one who said we couldn't depend on Oswalt.

yes I did. I also said the pen and lineup made this team overrated all year. And that ryan howard blows.

so I don't know what this all means. I just hope they win on Friday.
    marcos wrote:
    They will definitely lose to break our hearts? Though they should win on paper; but all this October magic nonsense seems to be the way things go. It seems they play better in the underdog role and have never been able to embrace the fact they were favorites the last two years; makes no sense, right?

Though they haven't been hitting so maybe they're the underdog now :D ? I'm simply confused as a baseball fan and scared as a Philadelphia sports fan who has my heart broke numerous times as we all know. And as pointed out in numerous threads thus far, elimination games are simply so much fun, hope it goes to extra innings; can't wait to get to CBP on Friday, I may show up tomorrow and no matter what happens it was a fun year.

1 - The only philly team to win it all as a favorite in the last 50 years was the 2nd flyers team (75-76?? I always get the years mixed up)

2 - This season is a complete failure without a WS appearance (I'd say WS win, but whatever). It's not like they have any major injuries to blame a playoff choke on.

A loss to the Cards would be up there with the Eagles losing to Tampa as the biggest choke job in philly playoff history.
    haha...a win on friday and all will be right in the world guys. and we've got the best pitcher on the planet throwing.

THIS. IS. WHY. HE'S. HERE.

and don't give me that philly as a favorite nonsense fixer. favorites/underdogs--only 1 team has a championship in the last 30 years or so. there have been plenty of both and they've all lost way more than they've won.
    www.myspace.com
  • 83 Sixers were clear favorites.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    83 Sixers were clear favorites.

FO
    FO
    FO
    www.myspace.com
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i just looked up neurotic and the link sent me here! ... hahaha :lol:

guys shot yourselves in the foot tonite a bit with the baserunning (even tho pence was safe) ... can't give the home team any momentum when you're trying to put them away ...

either way ... home field advantage ... hopefully, you guys can put up some runs on carpenter so doc can go the full 9 ...

are you sure about this?? (I'm not 100% so I'll believe you if you say so).

The Lakers were no slouches in 83

jeags, I didn't get your last post. My point was that philly teams (all 4 sports) historically suck as favorites. Dont know how anyone can disagree with that

this city is much better as an underdog. it's the rocky curse
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    well that was awful. but this is why we have roy halladay as our ace. gotta like our chances.
    and the way this brewers game is looking :x , you'd be the only team with anything approaching an ace for game 1 of the NLCS.

my head will explode if we get a Stl-AZ NLCS. yankees or rangers vs. either one of them; I don't watch...at all.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    The Fixer wrote:

are you sure about this?? (I'm not 100% so I'll believe you if you say so).

The Lakers were no slouches in 83

jeags, I didn't get your last post. My point was that philly teams (all 4 sports) historically suck as favorites. Dont know how anyone can disagree with that

this city is much better as an underdog. it's the rocky curse

my point was they also suck as underdogs. :lol:

83 sixers are one of the greatest single season teams of all time. they were favorites.
    www.myspace.com
    imalive wrote:
    well that was awful. but this is why we have roy halladay as our ace. gotta like our chances.
    and the way this brewers game is looking :x , you'd be the only team with anything approaching an ace for game 1 of the NLCS.

my head will explode if we get a Stl-AZ NLCS. yankees or rangers vs. either one of them; I don't watch...at all.

that's the great thing about having all these aces :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    imalive wrote:

that's the great thing about having all these aces :mrgreen:

I just wish the phils had a manager that liked to use the three of them in the playoffs.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431
    as bad as our offense is our 4 aces just haven't been good enough in this series. 13 runs in 26 innings for a whopping 4.50 era in the 4 games. and one starter who has gone past the 6th. just flat out not good enough from a team built on starting pitching. the good news is basically we need Halladay to throw a shutout friday night.

chase must have thought the squirrel was a stray dog and was chasing after it for that bone-headed attempt to go to 3rd with no outs down a run. what an awful play.

and ryan is tied for 2nd in playoff RBIs as of 5th inning of the Arizona game. not that rbi's mean anything
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:
    why are all these people talking about the squirrel? that had no impact on the game at all whatsoever.

I hate the media. and everything else right now

spirit of '69 the curse of the black cat :P :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    welcome to the World Series...the Brewers suck at sports
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    The Fixer wrote:
    1 - The only philly team to win it all as a favorite in the last 50 years was the 2nd flyers team (75-76?? I always get the years mixed up)

2 - This season is a complete failure without a WS appearance (I'd say WS win, but whatever). It's not like they have any major injuries to blame a playoff choke on.

A loss to the Cards would be up there with the Eagles losing to Tampa as the biggest choke job in philly playoff history.

1 - Yeah I think I agree, I'm just saying they've had a lot of talent and have been picked to win and just have not succeeded in that role

2 - it would definitely be a choke if they don't win they don't win the WS but maybe this team just doesn't have the heart to get it done all done. It was entertainIng from April to September, but yes, they will be losers when it matters most; I just don't know what else the organization could done to put a better team together.
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    RW81233 wrote:
    welcome to the World Series...the Brewers suck at sports

I have no idea how they won the first two games.
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    The Brewers are better than everyone at home that's how, and Yovanni is sick nasty. Doesn't matter we can't win.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    So that was cool....
    pjhawks wrote:
    and ryan is tied for 2nd in playoff RBIs as of 5th inning of the Arizona game. not that rbi's mean anything

how can you defend him at this point? seriously, how????

he has been absolutely horrendous. 'just get me to the plate'...larussa is intentionally walking guys to get to him because he knows he blows. and it's not like pence has been on fire. that should tell you all you need to know.

awful, just plain awful. I'm sick of people defeding this overrated piece of garbage. he fucking stinks
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

he has been absolutely horrendous. 'just get me to the plate'...larussa is intentionally walking guys to get to him because he knows he blows. and it's not like pence has been on fire. that should tell you all you need to know.

awful, just plain awful. I'm sick of people defeding this overrated piece of garbage. he fucking stinks

really ... what part of his .133 avg and 10 guys left on base don't you like? ... :)
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

really ... what part of his .133 avg and 10 guys left on base don't you like? ... :)

biggest spot in the game...3 pitch K. disgusting
  • Not trying to make excuses if we lose, but I sorta see why purists (Bob Costas-like fellows) dislike the divisional series or think that the #1 seed deserves a bye. Anything can happen in a 5-game series whereras the better team almost always wins a 7-game series. Our bad-ass starting rotation would be a much bigger advantage in a 7 game series where each of the top 3 guys gets two starts.

But whatever, it's all hands on deck Friday night. Expect to see Lee in either a relief appearance or pinch-running.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
This discussion has been closed.