***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    imalive wrote:
    serious question....does howard hit meaningful HRs in the regular season or are they mostly when it doesn't matter?

he will get some big hits. even I will admit that. the cons outweight the pros though. guy is not the player he was MVP in 06 and has become flat out overrated.

can't wait for that $125 million contract to kick in next year!!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Squirrels...we talkin bout squirrels
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    81 wrote:

I thought Oswalt was gonna get his shotgun out
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    welcome to heart attack do or die game 5.... :)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    81 wrote:

Charlie says he is a pretty good shot :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    welcome to heart attack do or die game 5.... :)

:x

I knew it was going 5 when they lost game 2

81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Charlie says he is a pretty good shot :lol:

Him and Cholly are a couple of Good Ol'boys

81 wrote:

they should have let oswalt capture the squirrel. then they could have pinch hit the squirrel for howard when the lefty came in.

OK, I'm done ripping howard. I am going to drink 800 beers on friday to calm my nerves.
    Ryan Howard has 36Ks in his last 71 post season ABs going back to '09. That would be 51% of his ABs ending in a K.

:x :x :x

Sec 309 row 6 $99 on Stubhub for Friday

:think:

• Section 142 on Friday. Here we go.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Ryan Howard has 36Ks in his last 71 post season ABs going back to '09. That would be 51% of his ABs ending in a K.

I got 2 in section 138 for $150 each. pulled the trigger after the frese HR.

either going to be a party or a funeral
    The Fixer wrote:

Not bad...I thought you had season tickets ?

The Fixer wrote:

Wear black
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:

Not bad...I thought you had season tickets ?

partial plan...17 games. I only got one game in each playoff round. sold my tix for game 2 since I was on vacation. so really the tix for game 5 only cost me $30 bucks each.

go arizona tonight
    The Fixer wrote:
    partial plan...17 games. I only got one game in each playoff round. sold my tix for game 2 since I was on vacation. so really the tix for game 5 only cost me $30 bucks each.

go arizona tonight

Ah ok

I'm holding out hope and want to get tix to NLCS

If I make a purchase and they dont make it to the NLCS I get my money back from stubhub ?

• 81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Wear black

Party at the Doc's office. 8-)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,532
    well that was awful. but this is why we have roy halladay as our ace. gotta like our chances.

can't wait for friday...
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

go arizona tonight

Ah ok

If I make a purchase and they dont make it to the NLCS I get my money back from stubhub ?

yes.

hopefully I am going friday and sunday

these next two workdays are going to seem like an eternity
  • Ryan howard is awful...we lose this series, he should be the first to go.
    welcome to philadelphia :thumbup: :clap:
    www.myspace.com
    Ryan howard is awful...we lose this series, he should be the first to go.

two years ago he signed a 5 year, $125 million dollar extension that starts AFTER this year. worst. contract. ever. in any sport.
    The Fixer wrote:

go arizona tonight

Ah ok

what would you rather go to? deciding game 5 of nlds or game 1 of nlcs?

i'm thinking game 5. never been to a deciding game ever.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

go arizona tonight

Ah ok

Game 5..not sure I can do it though with work and everything

The Fixer wrote:

go arizona tonight

Ah ok

I agree 100%.

I've only been to elimination games. Never attended a game 5 or 7 where it was do or die for both teams.

All the pressure in the world is on the phils friday night. would be one of the biggest upsets in baseball history if they lose.
    The weather is gonna be perfect Friday and Sunday

Luckily the Iggles are away that would be a mess down there

oh it would be the biggest collapse in philly sports history. no doubt. i'm confident though.

i guess nfl playoff games are deciding games. so forget what i said before. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    oh it would be the biggest collapse in philly sports history. no doubt. i'm confident though.

i guess nfl playoff games are deciding games. so forget what i said before. :lol:

nfl isn't the same IMO. those games are one and done, not a series.

even though the phils are huge favorites, no collapse will top the 2000 flyers. that was a weeklong kick to the balls.
    The Fixer wrote:

even though the phils are huge favorites, no collapse will top the 2000 flyers. that was a weeklong kick to the balls.

yeah but they are all deciding games. every game is a game 7 (or game 5 nlds). you know what i mean.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah but they are all deciding games. every game is a game 7 (or game 5 nlds). you know what i mean.

yeah. I just think that the buildup from a week or 2 week long series adds to the drama of a game 7. Like those 2 game 7's the sixers won during their run to the finals. Those games were insane. SAme with the flyers/bruins game 2 years ago.

I have so much work to catch up on after being away for a week. I don't know how I'm going to concentrate on anything these next two days
  • I am very disappointed in tonight's performance, but there is no way Doc is losing on Friday. Carpenter is going to get lit up. 6-0 Phils.

This discussion has been closed.