***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• I looked up the playoff schedule. I'm officially pumped. I can't wait for October 1st, sitting in K lot, getting shit faced, and then proceeding with losing my voice at game 1. It's feeling like that time of the year.....finally.
  • Anyone concerned just a tad about the Bastard ?

Cholly said he thinks hes lost some confidence in his stuff

Eh. He's got more than enough time to recoup as I see it.

Eh. He's got more than enough time to recoup as I see it.

I hope so we need that bastard for the playoffs

I signed up for the playoff lottery..I hit that shiz in 2009
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Well, I wouldn't go that far.

And fuck it, there isn't anyone in this league that scares me. Not saying we could have our asses handed to us at any time in the playoffs, but with that said, we're in a better position than anyone else.

Yeah that's taking it a little too far. I think the guy is much better when he really focuses.

I can't remember, in my lifetime of baseball watching, too many teams that would be this much of a favorite heading into the playoffs.

I know the '90 A's were one of them. And they got swept in the WS.
    '98 Yanks were losing the ALCS briefly and then killed everyone.
    '01 Mariners were kind of falling apart in the playoffs - that was weird.

I don't know, anyone else?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

Yes, I'm worried. This bullpen is the Achilles heel I think. Hopefully we don't have to use it a whole lot.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • I remember when we were talking about that '01 M's team in here. Did you ever look back at that roster? How the Hell did they win that many games????

Yes, I'm worried. This bullpen is the Achilles heel I think. Hopefully we don't have to use it a whole lot.

Yeah..if this thing falls apart I think its definitely gonna be a meltdown in the bullpen

Yeah..if this thing falls apart I think its definitely gonna be a meltdown in the bullpen

That's how the Braves used to always lose. And they couldn't score any runs.

• HEY! I'm not listening to this negative Nancy nonsense. Let's leave all of that for when/if we lose. Then we can act like our usual asshole selves.
  • HEY! I'm not listening to this negative Nancy nonsense. Let's leave all of that for when/if we lose. Then we can act like our usual asshole selves.

I can just feel it coming. The whole season is a feel-good fest. Then we eat a big giant turd in the end.

I can just feel it coming. The whole season is a feel-good fest. Then we eat a big giant turd in the end.

You sonofabitch.

You sonofabitch.

I'm strangling myself right now

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,541
    john mayberry is the "buddy ryan era" chris carter of this team.
    www.myspace.com
  • john mayberry is the "buddy ryan era" chris carter of this team.

Wouldn't that mean he would have to have a drinking problem and we would have to let him go, where then he would proceed with being a beast with another team?
    john mayberry is the "buddy ryan era" chris carter of this team.

Wouldn't that mean he would have to have a drinking problem and we would have to let him go, where then he would proceed with being a beast with another team?

all he does...is get extra base hits :mrgreen:

...and possibly a lot of blow
    www.myspace.com
  • john mayberry is the "buddy ryan era" chris carter of this team.

all he does...

NOWWWW I get it...
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431
    I looked up the playoff schedule. I'm officially pumped. I can't wait for October 1st, sitting in K lot, getting shit faced, and then proceeding with losing my voice at game 1. It's feeling like that time of the year.....finally.

what is the point of getting shit-faced so you barely remember the game afterwards? seriously i understand having beers and tailgating but not to the point of being shit-faced. to me that's just stupid eagle-fan type behavior that makes no sense.

i think bastardo will be fine. i expect him to be like madson was in 2008. i think when the adrenaline gets pumping again come playoff time he will be fine. the 7th and any extra innings is where the bullpen could scare me. if for someone reason we have to use someone in the 7th we got lidge and stutes and that's pretty much it.

cholly just needs to balance getting the team ready for the playoffs with enough rest. i think it's more difficult with the offense. have to get rollins and utley playing time to get their strokes down before the playoffs while also balancing their health. i imagine he will play the regular lineup a bunch this weekend against the cardinals.

red sawx choking is awesome.

just realized last night the the Eagles and Phils both play sunday night. lots of switching between the two which is good.
  • You don't need to know the point of why I do anything. And who said I don't remember anything? Please let me know when you add something for once that makes me laugh(even a little bit) or doesn't feel like I've wasted my time that could have been better spent plucking my eyeballs out.

I'm sorry, I'll let you back up on your soap box....
    You don't need to know the point of why I do anything. And who said I don't remember anything? Please let me know when you add something for once that makes me laugh(even a little bit) or doesn't feel like I've wasted my time that could have been better spent plucking my eyeballs out.

I'm sorry, I'll let you back up on your soap box....

haha well i for one am glad you are so proud of getting 'shit-faced'. will you brag about getting laid next? i mean it must be fun to act like an 18 year old but i guess most of us grow out of such behavior when we reach adulthood (i assume you are an adult...).

and you don't LET me do anything. PJ provides this forum for opinions which hey gives me just as much right as it does you and that other clown to spew on here. but thanks for offering it back to me ;)
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,935

I can't remember, in my lifetime of baseball watching, too many teams that would be this much of a favorite heading into the playoffs.

I know the '90 A's were one of them. And they got swept in the WS.
    '98 Yanks were losing the ALCS briefly and then killed everyone.
    '01 Mariners were kind of falling apart in the playoffs - that was weird.

I don't know, anyone else?
    last year's phillies? :? :shock: ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    not only is ryan the fastest ever to 200 home runs in a career he is also showing to be a dominating pinch hitter. just get him to the plate fellas.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,729
    pjhawks wrote:
    not only is ryan the fastest ever to 200 home runs in a career he is also showing to be a dominating pinch hitter. just get him to the plate fellas.

Dominate pinch hitter?!?! You crack me up dude. If you combined babe Ruth, Ted Williams and barry bonds, you would get Ryan howard, we all know. Meanwhile, he is having the worst year of his career before his contract kicks in.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

Dominate pinch hitter?!?! You crack me up dude. If you combined babe Ruth, Ted Williams and barry bonds, you would get Ryan howard, we all know. Meanwhile, he is having the worst year of his career before his contract kicks in.

check his stats. well over .400 as a career pinch hitter. 2 huge pinch hits the past 2 nights.
    Dude, are you really talking about a $25 million player and pinch hits?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

so the game winning pinch-hit in extra-innings last nigght and the pinch-hit double tonight in the 9th to set up the tie were meaningless? wow ok. i guess he could be still be starting with his bad foot if his team was up like 50 fucking games :roll:
    pjhawks wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

so the game winning pinch-hit in extra-innings last nigght and the pinch-hit double tonight in the 9th to set up the tie were meaningless? wow ok. i guess he could be still be starting with his bad foot if his team was up like 50 fucking games :roll:

You love the word meaningless. Of course its not "meaningless" but when you have a $25 million first baseman, the last thing I would be bragging about is his ability to pinch hit.

Well, here goes nothing. Nothing like a Dogfish Head Punkin (which I don't think is as good as last year) at 8 am.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

You love the word meaningless. Of course its not "meaningless" but when you have a $25 million first baseman, the last thing I would be bragging about is his ability to pinch hit.

Well, here goes nothing. Nothing like a Dogfish Head Punkin (which I don't think is as good as last year) at 8 am.

god i hope pj hawk was being facetious. never can be sure with that guy. but it is pretty funny how good howard has been as a pinch hitter over the years. guy's always been clutch.

boozing it up at 8am?..oh temple/psu right? awesome day for it. enjoy
    www.myspace.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,935
    please put the cards out of the picture :x

don't think I could stand any TLR genius talk in the playoffs.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

god i hope pj hawk was being facetious. never can be sure with that guy. but it is pretty funny how good howard has been as a pinch hitter over the years. guy's always been clutch.

boozing it up at 8am?..oh temple/psu right? awesome day for it. enjoy

so you agree that ryan has been dominate as pinch hitter yet somehow i am in the wrong for posting the same comment. very logical juggler.

and i like temple with the points today.
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    hey assholes...you mind winning a few games this weekend? it's for the greater good of baseball that the drunken fuckface doesn't make it to the playoffs.
This discussion has been closed.