***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

Yankees could use him as a DH.

keep on sniffing his jock boys....

I just want to understand this thread a bit better. So, you're a troll who doesn't like the Phillies right? And The Fixer is an overly critical fan who borders on being troll-like but really just wants the best for the team. Is this correct?

not a troll... just laugh at how some people in here sniff lee's jock
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,850

I got ya. Well as a Lee jock sniffer, I gotta say it doesn't smell all that bad. Better than Sabathia's I imagine.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,979
    Lets get something straight - New York Yankee Fan Boy over here would be gargling Lee's hairy testicles if he was a Yankee. It would be more obnoxious than anything in this thread. Please refer to anything from 2010 till he signed with the Phils. EVERY bandwagon Yanks fan on this blue Earth thought he was going to sign with them once he was at the least a free agent. And now since Cliff threw the big ol' middle finger at them (how dare you not come to New Yawk :roll: ) they're gonna pretend like they never wanted him. Right. Please.
    Lets get something straight - New York Yankee Fan Boy over here would be gargling Lee's hairy testicles if he was a Yankee. It would be more obnoxious than anything in this thread. Please refer to anything from 2010 till he signed with the Phils. EVERY bandwagon Yanks fan on this blue Earth thought he was going to sign with them once he was at the least a free agent. And now since Cliff threw the big ol' middle finger at them (how dare you not come to New Yawk :roll: ) they're gonna pretend like they never wanted him. Right. Please.

guy its baseball...lets not take it so serious.... :?

you cats are all nuts with this shit

and no i wouldn't blow any player in any sport like you guys blow the team
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

Whatever helps ya sleep at night, buddy.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730

I wanted Cliff Lee as bad as anyone, let's be honest, dudes a good pitcher and has a great name. Would have fit right in perfectly and the Yanks would be favorites to win this year. That said, I don't think it's the worst thing in the world that the Yankees didn't get him. Dude is going to get paid an obscene amount of money in his late 30's and the Yankees already have a pitcher that will be getting up there in age at the same time and making the same amount of money. Not sure it would make a lot of sense to have CC and Lee at 35-37 making close to $50 million combined.

That said, I honestly think Cliff Lee isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. Taking less money, saying the Yankees are aging when the team he signed with is the oldest in the game, then the article comes out that says he has read something like 1 book in his life. It's all starting to come together, the dude seems to be a lot like Forrest Gump. More power to the guy, he's just a tad slow.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I wanted Cliff Lee as bad as anyone, let's be honest, dudes a good pitcher and has a great name. Would have fit right in perfectly and the Yanks would be favorites to win this year. That said, I don't think it's the worst thing in the world that the Yankees didn't get him. Dude is going to get paid an obscene amount of money in his late 30's and the Yankees already have a pitcher that will be getting up there in age at the same time and making the same amount of money. Not sure it would make a lot of sense to have CC and Lee at 35-37 making close to $50 million combined.

That said, I honestly think Cliff Lee isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. Taking less money, saying the Yankees are aging when the team he signed with is the oldest in the game, then the article comes out that says he has read something like 1 book in his life. It's all starting to come together, the dude seems to be a lot like Forrest Gump. More power to the guy, he's just a tad slow.

yea he looks like dopey :lol:

Whatever helps ya sleep at night, buddy.

sports has never and will never keep me fromsleeping at night
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,558
    cliffy and neilly...still bitter of lee spurning the yanks :mrgreen:;)
    www.myspace.com
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799

I got ya. Well as a Lee jock sniffer, I gotta say it doesn't smell all that bad. Better than Sabathia's I imagine.

:lol:
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Dopey,you mean like getting pick off to end the game. With the oldest trick in the game with a runner on 1st and 3rd. :lol::lol::lol:
    Go Birds!!!!
    Dopey,you mean like getting pick off to end the game. With the oldest trick in the game with a runner on 1st and 3rd. :lol::lol::lol:

You mean kind of like this?

s0zr5u.jpg
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

You mean kind of like this?

s0zr5u.jpg
    Werth and Victorino might be 2 of the worst ever!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,378
    Was thinking about Cliff Lee's 5 shutouts and what the record might be, so I looked it up.

In 1916, Grover Cleveland Alexander, of your favorite team, pitched 16 shutouts, the modern major league record. (Some other guy also had 16, in 1876.)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Was thinking about Cliff Lee's 5 shutouts and what the record might be, so I looked it up.

In 1916, Grover Cleveland Alexander, of your favorite team, pitched 16 shutouts, the modern major league record. (Some other guy also had 16, in 1876.)

what was schilling's most shutouts in season while he was here? :think:

you going to temple/nova @ the linc in a few weeks? think my brother and i are gonna scoop up tix for that...
    www.myspace.com

you going to temple/nova @ the linc in a few weeks? think my brother and i are gonna scoop up tix for that...

He had 4 in 1992.

Yeah, I'll be at that game. Addazio is fucking awesome. He had the b-ball crowd riled up last year. :o
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

He had 4 in 1992.

Yeah, I'll be at that game. Addazio is fucking awesome. He had the b-ball crowd riled up last year. :o

i think he's a solid replacement for golden. last nova football game i was at wesbrook had about 200 all purpose yards before halftime. :lol: looking forward to this one.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Again, whatever helps you guys sleep at night. You wanted him baaaaad, dude.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Hence

"I wanted Cliff Lee as bad as anyone"
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Hence

"I wanted Cliff Lee as bad as anyone"

Right. That's my point - the following novel wasn't needed. :thumbup:

Oh, also, I'll see you Yankee bastard on the plane to Wisconsin. ;)
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Walking in door from sales calls and realizing phils are on = tremendous

Even get them on the HD channel with vin scully. Love it

I gotta get back out to Dodger Stadium one of these days
    Looks like it has struck midnight on worley and his 88 MPH fastball
    DO NOT TRADE WORLEY. CY. YOUNG.

HAAAAAAAAA

I'm curious, what does that bogus comcast gun show him throwing?

jesus, I could hit this puss
    The Fixer wrote:

HAAAAAAAAA

I'm curious, what does that bogus comcast gun show him throwing?

jesus, I could hit this puss

88-91. About right.

I retracted my statement after seeing his BABIP and the "no swings & misses" CG, I'll have you know.

I retracted my statement after seeing his BABIP and the "no swings & misses" CG, I'll have you know.

Duly noted, sir.
    Rollins has really stepped up his game. Guess he wants to get paid
    The Fixer wrote:

I was hoping that would happen.

Fucking ground rule double. Come on - get one back here.

The Fixer wrote:

I was hoping that would happen.

Fucking ground rule double. Come on - get one back here.

well, can I retract my statement? what a dumb play
This discussion has been closed.