***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,594
    The Fixer wrote:
    Only lead marlins had the entire series. Dang. Tough to win when you make 3 errors.

Braves win tomorrow they enter weekend only 2.5 back.

those fuckers are due for a loss.

headed down for friday night's game. phils have crushed beachey. big series. got the 3 aces lined up.

they had a big one at the exact same time last year too. i think they swept the reds right before the break...
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,435
    The Fixer wrote:
    Only lead marlins had the entire series. Dang. Tough to win when you make 3 errors.

Braves win tomorrow they enter weekend only 2.5 back.

3 errors and 3 minor league pitchers. baez is horrible and can we please get him a cup that fits correctly. my god the man adjusts after every pitch. wathcing him do that and totally sucking as a pitcher is disturbing. brown is a disaster waiting to happen in the outfield right now. i just pray he doesn't barrel through and hurt utley, howard or victorino anytime soon. he has come close enough already.

really looking forward to the Braves series. should be some fun intense baseball. can't really blame the Phils to much for the Braves getting it down to 3 (and possibly 2.5) at this point. Braves have been flat out awesome the past 3 weeks. got to give the Phils the pitching edge though, thanks for not giving us Jurrjens or Hudson.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Don't sleep on beachy. Dude is a different pitcher now than the one they have seen in the past. I have watched his last few starts...he's been real good, gassing dudes
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,394
    The Fixer wrote:
    Don't sleep on beachy. Dude is a different pitcher now than the one they have seen in the past. I have watched his last few starts...he's been real good, gassing dudes

I like the guy we have going too.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:

who? the best pitcher in the universe?

i like our chances. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

glad we're comparing halladay to beachy :roll:
    The Fixer wrote:

me too!

they are the two pitchers tomorrow.... :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

I think you brought it up...

I know Beachy is much better than what he's done vs. the Phillies. Still beats going vs. Jurrgens.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:

I know Beachy is much better than what he's done vs. the Phillies. Still beats going vs. Jurrgens.

All I said was that beachy has improved. I never compared him to halladay like some others here

braves winning again. freddie freeman is hitting everything right now
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

All I said was that beachy has improved. I never compared him to halladay like some others here

Daytime baseball? Time to break out the iphone.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Rox announcers just said that "Phillies defense is much better than the Braves." They must not have seen the lowlights from last night. Although Utley is obviously massively superior to Uggla in those regards.

The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

who compared him to halladay?
    all we said was we like our odds with doc on the mound against him.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Rox announcers just said that "Phillies defense is much better than the Braves." They must not have seen the lowlights from last night. Although Utley is obviously massively superior to Uggla in those regards.

I have been listening to the braves broadcast. Not too bad, homers but pretty funny and do a pretty good job.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I have been listening to the braves broadcast. Not too bad, homers but pretty funny and do a pretty good job.

the braves tbs team back in the 90's/early 00's was dreadful. couldn't stand skip carray...
    www.myspace.com
    the braves tbs team back in the 90's/early 00's was dreadful. couldn't stand skip carray...

I'm on the radio now, I usually complain about announcers but don't mind it right now. I don't remember their broadcast back then, can't say I watched enough Braves game back then for it to ring a bell.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

His son does their TV games. forget his first name, the guy that TBS fired because he made so many mistakes in the playoffs a couple years ago. He's terrible too. The Carays sound like game show hosts. Annoying

I like the Rox TV guys a lot.

I think the braves staying close to the phils could be the best thing to happen. Hopefully this forces amaro to upgrade the bullpen and lineup.
    The Fixer wrote:
    His son does their TV games. forget his first name, the guy that TBS fired because he made so many mistakes in the playoffs a couple years ago. He's terrible too. The Carays sound like game show hosts. Annoying

I think the braves staying close to the phils could be the best thing to happen. Hopefully this forces amaro to upgrade the bullpen and lineup.

wasn't the braves/tbs guy Ernie Johnson?

Braves playing great baseball right now. two best teams in the league by far at this point. just keep winning and keep the rest of the league out the wild card chase. any word on victorino being available this weekend?
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Braves playing great baseball right now. two best teams in the league by far at this point. just keep winning and keep the rest of the league out the wild card chase. any word on victorino being available this weekend?

they should rest polanco and victorino. this series isn't that important
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

they should rest polanco and victorino. this series isn't that important

agree 100% on Polanco. backs are a bad problem to have. sit him as long as you can get away with it.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Skip Caray?

I think they're all related to the late great, Harry

yeah i am with on the phils being in a dog fight like last year (until the end). like johnny said though, phils are still up like 7 games or something for the wildcard. i want the division again though.
    www.myspace.com
    aloha
    www.myspace.com
    this is great:

FOX Sports Exclusive
    Yankees would love life with Lee
    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/New- ... -if-070711
    www.myspace.com
    Hopefully the phils can afford to lock hamels up long term. also need to sign rollins and madson. and find a LF that doesn't suck.

give oswalt the deuce. also have ibanez (thank god) and lidge coming off the payroll. gonna be tough for the phils to keep all of these guys. I think madson is gone. This is when howard's contract starts to be become a problem. Dude just isn't worth close to 25 mill per season.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phi ... eason.html
    The Fixer wrote:
    Dude just isn't worth close to 25 mill per season.

Agreed. I think everyone agrees, actually. But he is still the key to this lineup. Even when he's slumping you see managers pitching around him. Other teams in the division stock up on LOOGY's to get him out, probably costing them the chance at having more durable middle relievers. I just don't think it's the same team without him.

They should save money by having a home-grown bullpen - it's proven to be a waste of money to sign expensive relief pitchers (ask the Mets & Yankees). As for LF, it really shouldn't be that hard to find one.

Yeah, I'm wondering WTF they're doing with Hamels - the time to extend him is now. I don't know what else the guy has to do. With Hamels, Lee & Doc healthy for a few years, this team will be perennial contenders no matter how bad their offense gets.

• jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The Fixer wrote:

Agreed. I think everyone agrees, actually. But he is still the key to this lineup. Even when he's slumping you see managers pitching around him. Other teams in the division stock up on LOOGY's to get him out, probably costing them the chance at having more durable middle relievers. I just don't think it's the same team without him.

They should save money by having a home-grown bullpen - it's proven to be a waste of money to sign expensive relief pitchers (ask the Mets & Yankees). As for LF, it really shouldn't be that hard to find one.

Yeah, I'm wondering WTF they're doing with Hamels - the time to extend him is now. I don't know what else the guy has to do. With Hamels, Lee & Doc healthy for a few years, this team will be perennial contenders no matter how bad their offense gets.
    This might be the best most accurate post in this entire thread.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

This might be the best most accurate post in this entire thread.

...because it is rational.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

don't forget baez and blanton come off the payroll after this year as well which is about another $10 million.

maybe Hamels doesn't want to be extended just yet? he could be waiting to see what Sabathia does with his opt-out. Either way I think they get a deal done with Hamels for sure.

Madson is as good as gone. Boras is gong to get some schmuck team to give him a ridiculous contract like he did with werth. i love madson out there but no way i'd pay him what Boras is going to command. Phils will sign or trade for a closer and have Bastardo and Stutes as their setup men for the next few years.

Rollins is the interesting one. I go back and forth on him. there aren't a lot of viable candidates to replace him but overpaying and too many years for him could be a disaster down the line. i think he will end up back here but will be a real interesting deal if he tries to hold out for a big contract and a lot of years.
    I think Blanton is signed for one more year. :roll:

hmmm well that can't be good for anyone but Joe.

edit: yup just looked it up, $8.5 million for 2012. jeez. my bad i thought this was the last year.
    pjhawks wrote:

hmmm well that can't be good for anyone but Joe.

edit: yup just looked it up, $8.5 million for 2012. jeez. my bad i thought this was the last year.

It's all good. The :roll: was directed at the contract, not you, in case you were wondering. He would be a good 3rd starter... for the Royals.

This discussion has been closed.