***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,987
    I'm heading down tonight

My first game with Clifford Lee

Can't wait to see all the Chowda heads

:roll:

Yeah, those Sawx fans that trek their way all the way down from up there in Bucks County :roll: or Gloucester......New Jersey.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I'm heading down tonight

Nice. If you see anyone with a phils shirt and sox hat on (trust me, you will) punch them in the face for me
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I'm heading down tonight

Yeah, those Sawx fans that trek their way all the way down from up there in Bucks County :roll: or Gloucester......New Jersey.

:lol:

True...how many there are from Bahston ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The Fixer wrote:
    I'm heading down tonight

Nice. If you see anyone with a phils shirt and sox hat on (trust me, you will) punch them in the face for me

Most definitely

If there is rain possibly it could get ugly drinking all night in the concourse
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

They'll tell you about the tired, generic, story about how someone in their family is from up there and that their loyalty ultimately belongs to a city they've never been to, etc. etc. I'd say 80-90% of the "Boston" fans in attendance tonight aren't even from New England.

They'll tell you about the tired, generic, story about how someone in their family is from up there and that their loyalty ultimately belongs to a city they've never been to, etc. etc. I'd say 80-90% of the "Boston" fans in attendance tonight aren't even from New England.

as evidenced by every philadelphia bar crowd in 2004.

I will never understand it. never
    Anyone see the Detroit setlist from last night? Not good times
    Biggest douchebags in the league - Nick Swisher and Jon Papelbon. Watching MLBN right now and they're in CBP. And they have Pap Smear on. I want to jump through the television.
    The Fixer wrote:

Welp, I can't speak for you, but I like it, and I digged Saturday night's as well. Parting Ways was huge.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Well have fun at the game Phantom Pain.

I'd love to talk about how our offense is gonna destroy your supposedly awesome pitching this series, but I have zero confidence in my team right now, so I'll save my comments for later.

Really guys? Lotta fake Red Sox fans in Philly, huh?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,823
    I'm heading down tonight

i'll be there thursday. Anyone want to go? I might have an extra ticket. My one buddy might not be able to make it. Asked a few other people who i thought would/could make it, but no one yet :roll:

So Bastardo and Stutes are gonna share bullpen duty? Should be interesting. AS long as our starters throw more complete games we should be fine.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

I'd love to talk about how our offense is gonna destroy your supposedly awesome pitching this series, but I have zero confidence in my team right now, so I'll save my comments for later.

You haven't seen them just about everywhere in the country post-2004?

And how can you seriously have zero confidence in your team right now? That's just ridiculous.
    The Fixer wrote:

Welp, I can't speak for you, but I like it, and I digged Saturday night's as well. Parting Ways was huge.

I'm saying detroits set was awesome. I wish we got that on saturday. parting ways...meh

You forgot to include pedroia on your douche list. and lackey. and ortiz. and varitek. and youkiliis.

have I mentioned I don't like the red sox?

And how can you seriously have zero confidence in your team right now? That's just ridiculous.
    I'm a Red Sox fan, JP. That's why I have no confidence in the team. We are brought up to expect the worst.

As far as the fake Red Sox fans go, yeah I have noticed them around the country in places like LA, Seattle and Florida, but I wouldn't expect to see it in a baseball crazy town like Philly. You can tell I never come to your city, but I just assumed they all were Phillies yahoos.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925

I'm a Red Sox fan, JP. That's why I have no confidence in the team. We are brought up to expect the worst.

As far as the fake Red Sox fans go, yeah I have noticed them around the country in places like LA, Seattle and Florida, but I wouldn't expect to see it in a baseball crazy town like Philly. You can tell I never come to your city, but I just assumed they all were Phillies yahoos.

Yeah, but given the Phils taking 15 years to make the playoffs again, some of these douches started to jump ship. Rather pathetic.

And as for your culture of "losing", I'm sorry, but you can go fack yourself. You've seen your city win seven titles since 2001. I really can't feel sorry for you on this one. Bastards.
    :D Yeah, we've had a nice run. I can't say we haven't. Despite that, I'm still as pessimistic as I was pre-2004. It's not fun.

Well I hope everyone in Philly nation enjoys watching Adrian and Dusty in action this week.

Oh, and have I ever told you guys how much I love David Ortiz and Youk? Just fantastic players. :lol:
    It's a waste that Ortiz isn't playing for something like a week right? I'm assuming he won't be making an appearance in this series outside of pinch hitting. That's crazy.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,731
    The Fixer wrote:

The Detroit setlist is absolutely insane. What the fuck did they do to get that?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

The Detroit setlist is absolutely insane. What the fuck did they do to get that?

Live in Detroit? I guess that should be rewarded somehow

The EV version of Let My Love Open the Door is fantastic.

Oh well. Let the countdown to PJ20 begin. JP get your travel plans figured out
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I know, I know. I'm hoping my school grant money is available in time....hehe.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    It's a waste that Ortiz isn't playing for something like a week right? I'm assuming he won't be making an appearance in this series outside of pinch hitting. That's crazy.
    He'll be playing 1st base tomorrow and Gonzalez will be in the OF from what i just read.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Haha, very true.

Yeah, man. The EV Let My Love Open The Door is my ladys favorite song. It's fucking awesome. I meant to mention that one too.
    Get off the shnide there, D.
    In the effort of full disclosure, I got Cliff Lee going tonight on my fantasy team.
    when this team scores 2 runs it feels like 10

would be nice if brown could contribute. I read some rumors of him going to tampa in a deal for upton. I'd do that in a heartbeat
    The Fixer wrote:

would be nice if brown could contribute. I read some rumors of him going to tampa in a deal for upton. I'd do that in a heartbeat

Would you? I guess its kind of like the Austin Jackson-Curtis Granderson trade. I don't think Upton is all that good though.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Would you? I guess its kind of like the Austin Jackson-Curtis Granderson trade. I don't think Upton is all that good though.

Upton would probably drive me crazy, but I think I'd trade brown for him. Upton is still only 26. I'm still skeptical that brown is gonna consistently hit in the majors. His swing is so long
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I feel like BJ(Boss Junior? Still fucking gets me) is the outfield equivalent of Jose Reyes - plays when he wants to. And for that reason I would be hesitant. I'd do that move for a guy like, say, Pence, but not Upton.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I feel like BJ(Boss Junior? Still fucking gets me) is the outfield equivalent of Jose Reyes - plays when he wants to. And for that reason I would be hesitant. I'd do that move for a guy like, say, Pence, but not Upton.

I hear ya. I could totally be talking out of my ass here but I think an environment like philly, where he knew his half assed shit wouldn't fly, would bring out the best in him. When I was at the WS games in 08 I remember thinking how awesome I thought he was gonna be. He made everything look so easy. And that bomb he hit vs boston in the playoffs (same year) sticks in my mind too. I don't think that has landed yet
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Upton would probably drive me crazy, but I think I'd trade brown for him. Upton is still only 26. I'm still skeptical that brown is gonna consistently hit in the majors. His swing is so long

I hear you and I don't know much about Brown, I haven't watched him bat more than a dozen times at most probably. Upton is young and certainly has time to mature, I am just not a big fan of his game.
This discussion has been closed.