***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,601

just as the phils finally winning 3 years ago... the same thing applied to the rangers....fans waited many many years and it will never leave our memory ....do we want to win again..of course
    but as diehard hockey fans ..that magical year means the world to us

hate to break it to you, but we don't bring up 2008 much at all anymore. keep holding onto 1994 though man :lol:

what did u smoke this morning???

it's all the phils have..besides us busting you up in 09

when was the last time we talked about it in here? ...other than in response to some nonsense post from you about a championship from almost 2 decades ago? :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,395
    hate to break it to you, but we don't bring up 2008 much at all anymore. keep holding onto 1994 though man :lol:

I don't remember hearing about it at all this year, honestly. We're mostly bitter about losing the last two years, actually.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,435
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    This whole argument is so dumb. Yes, hopefully Colon does get back on the mound because he has better numbers than Cliff Lee this year and is getting paid $1 million. I wanted Lee on the Yankees as much as the next guy but maybe not paying a 37 year old guy $25 million isn't the worst thing in the world.

You can say all you want about Colon and Lee and all that but the fact is, the Yankees have more resources than anyone in the game and the expectation every year is to win the world series, an expectation you are now seeing for the first time in your life. The Yankees will make moves that no other team in baseball can make and will be just fine, so talk all your shit now because in the long run I am pretty certain that the Yanks will be celebrating many more championships than the Phillies will.

serious question though - do yankees fans get any satisfaction out of winning? other than being able to sprout your mouths off do yankess fans actually get the thrill of victory because it sure as heck doesn't seem like it. is there a celebration or a sense of pride? because i don't see it.

and not saying i don't want to win 27 championships but i'm pretty sure a yankees fan could never understand the feeling of 2008. ill take the feeling of that ride to my grave and cherish every second of it forever. some of the moments i got to share with my family and friends during that ride can probably never be duplicated. and i'll make no apologies for that. maybe in that sense than one might equal 27. as i said above it sure as hell doesn't seem like yankees fans really enjoy winning.

I don't remember hearing about it at all this year, honestly. We're mostly bitter about losing the last two years, actually.

i know right? guy constantly brings up a fucking stanely cup team from the early 90's too... :?
    www.myspace.com
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    pjhawks wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    This whole argument is so dumb. Yes, hopefully Colon does get back on the mound because he has better numbers than Cliff Lee this year and is getting paid $1 million. I wanted Lee on the Yankees as much as the next guy but maybe not paying a 37 year old guy $25 million isn't the worst thing in the world.

You can say all you want about Colon and Lee and all that but the fact is, the Yankees have more resources than anyone in the game and the expectation every year is to win the world series, an expectation you are now seeing for the first time in your life. The Yankees will make moves that no other team in baseball can make and will be just fine, so talk all your shit now because in the long run I am pretty certain that the Yanks will be celebrating many more championships than the Phillies will.

serious question though - do yankees fans get any satisfaction out of winning? other than being able to sprout your mouths off do yankess fans actually get the thrill of victory because it sure as heck doesn't seem like it. is there a celebration or a sense of pride? because i don't see it.

and not saying i don't want to win 27 championships but i'm pretty sure a yankees fan could never understand the feeling of 2008. ill take the feeling of that ride to my grave and cherish every second of it forever. some of the moments i got to share with my family and friends during that ride can probably never be duplicated. and i'll make no apologies for that. maybe in that sense than one might equal 27. as i said above it sure as hell doesn't seem like yankees fans really enjoy winning.

SAME WITH MY RANGERS...which the other goof balls in here don't understand
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    pjhawks wrote:

do you even realize how often you contradict yourself?

it's way too numerous to even keep track of anymore.
    www.myspace.com

i know right? guy constantly brings up a fucking stanely cup team from the early 90's too... :?

you're welcome - i didn't bring it up except in response to the posts already here and in reference to a question i have to yankees fans. i don't think i'm wrong in my observations about yankees fans - do they get any real satisfaction out of winning?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,731
    edited June 2011
    pjhawks wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I love every minute of it. Every one has a different feeling to it. 96 was the first in a long time and the first for Torre and most younger Yankees fans like myself. That is probably most comparable to 2008 for you. It had been a long time. 98 was the best team ever, 2000 was the subway series and 3 in a row. 2009 was just fucking awesome in every way being the first year at the new stadium and having one last championship for Jeter, Mo, Pettittee and Posada all together. I haven't seen 27 championships, I have seen 5 and they are all different and awesome in so may ways. Like you, each one has memories that will be there forever, both senitmental and from a baseball perspective.

Edit: Honestly, my favorite Yankees moment in my life time is probably the Boone home run. I have never been part of a more crazy celebration than that.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    pjhawks wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

as jaegs said though you contradict yourself by using self-serving arguments based on your own teams. you use one argument for the yankees and a completely different one for the rangers. you are playing both sides of the fence here to suit your own arguments.

but whatever i've wasted too much of my time on this one. fuck the yankees and new york in general. let us argue about our own best-record in baseball team. sure as hell fixer is due back to tell us how much we suck :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    pjhawks wrote:
    sure as hell fixer is due back to tell us how much we suck :lol:

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

That was good. :lol:

I think playing the Cardinals this week is more interesting than some lame interleague matchup. Are they gonna be without Big Al?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The 81 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

I think playing the Cardinals this week is more interesting than some lame interleague matchup. Are they gonna be without Big Al?

totally agree. fuck interleague. we were all a little worried about that series going in. if you're gonna win 1 out of 3, i guess it's good to beat the reigning cy young winner.

i think he gets his mri back today....
    www.myspace.com
    The 81 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

No shot hes playing, even if its just a sprain. Thats bad news.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Well that would be a break, although for some reason the Phillies usually handle him. Also no Jaime Garcia this series. It's the opposite of the M's series: we're sending 3 of 4 best starters and they are missing their best (this year at least).

Cliffy6745 wrote:

agree it didn't look good at all. anytime you throw your mitt down like that it had to hurt like hell. and the wrist has lots of stuff going inside it. i'd be shocked if there wasn't some kind of damage. i got to think he is going be out for a bit and it wouldn't shock me if it was real bad and all season. didn't look good for sure.
    pjhawks wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

agree it didn't look good at all. anytime you throw your mitt down like that it had to hurt like hell. and the wrist has lots of stuff going inside it. i'd be shocked if there wasn't some kind of damage. i got to think he is going be out for a bit and it wouldn't shock me if it was real bad and all season. didn't look good for sure.

Well thanks for the prognosis Dr. PJHawks. Sorry - pet peeve of mine. Let the real doctors tell us. (maybe you really are a doctor, but I don't remember hearing you say that...) ;)

pjhawks wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Well thanks for the prognosis Dr. PJHawks. Sorry - pet peeve of mine. Let the real doctors tell us. (maybe you really are a doctor, but I don't remember hearing you say that...) ;)

if i was a real doctor do you think i'd be associating with the group in this thread? :lol::lol::lol: i'm just a regular office worker who is so darn productive i get to spend countless hours on this stite and in this thread (ok mostly because we are slow at the moment but i really am damn productive).
    4-6 weeks for Pujols. Small fracture. Certainly a blow but could have been much worse.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    4-6 weeks for Pujols. Small fracture. Certainly a blow but could have been much worse.

Good to hear - it's bad for baseball when superstars like that have major injuries.

Of course, I don't think there's any way in hell he's getting $300M.

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    pjhawks wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

sounds like he was right about him missing a good bit of time. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:

Give the man his medical degree. :o

The 81 wrote:

Give the man his medical degree. :o

not the kind of contract year poop holes would have hoped for. phils catch a break this week ;)
    www.myspace.com

not the kind of contract year poop holes would have hoped for. phils catch a break this week ;)

Nice. Pun in bad taste. :| :P

So, is it appropriate to wear my Phila A's jersey to the game on Friday?

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,987

Speaking of which - are they doing anything for this series? Possibly wearing throwback's?

Speaking of which - are they doing anything for this series? Possibly wearing throwback's?

Haven't heard anything. Not even honoring the surviving members of the 1911 World Champions. ;)

Haven't heard anything. Not even honoring the surviving members of the 1911 World Champions. ;)

That would've been sweet to see Oakland wearing a jersey that said, "PHILA.", on the front.
    That would've been sweet to see Oakland wearing a jersey that said, "PHILA.", on the front.

More like a big A: http://www.philadelphiaathletics.org/history/1911anniversary.htm

I think they were great looking unis. My A's jersey is the best-looking jersey I've ever had.

More like a big A: http://www.philadelphiaathletics.org/history/1911anniversary.htm

I think they were great looking unis. My A's jersey is the best-looking jersey I've ever had.

Yeah, I like them, but I thought they had an away jersey with PHILA. on the front.

Yeah, I like them, but I thought they had an away jersey with PHILA. on the front.

In the later years they changed a lot - there's a website called uniforms through the years or something like that, but I can't find it.

They did some stuff when the A's came in 2003, back when the actual team was appealing. Nobody seems to care this time. It sucks that the city basically lost the history of 5 World Championships when the A's left.

This discussion has been closed.