***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    .27 era this month for cliff. :shock:

this rotation is one for the ages.

now 14-15 against teams with winning records...with a lot coming while our regular lineup was hurt :lol: :roll: :thumbup:

Lee was a beast tonight. This lineup still sucks ass. Same shit as last year (just an even worse lineup and defense). We all know how that turned out.

We'll get a preview of Willingham this weekend

One can only hope they make a move at some point for him

Yep. Been saying for 6 weeks now that beltran would be my first choice...willingham my 2nd.

was nice to see ibanez where he belongs tonight
    Dom brown saw 6 pitches total in 3 at bats tonight :shock: :shock: :shock:

They really need corner OF help
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    1000x500px-LL-bc1181f6_debbie.jpg

:lol:

My god I hated that chic

My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,598

My god I hated that chic

hahaha....i always thought she was funny as hell
    www.myspace.com

My god I hated that chic

The Debbie Downer role was good

But overall i thought she was annoying

My god I hated that chic

The Debbie Downer role was good

But overall i thought she was annoying

nice to see charlie toss his opinion on a right handed stick out there today. add a guy like willingham and with our pitching, gonna be tough for anyone in the nl to beat us...
    www.myspace.com
    nice to see charlie toss his opinion on a right handed stick out there today. add a guy like willingham and with our pitching, gonna be tough for anyone in the nl to beat us...

I agree

Scary good lineup with everyone healthy

I agree

It's actually a worse lineup than the one that sucked ass in the playoffs last year.

anyone see what happened to ike davis? fuckin mets. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    The Fixer wrote:

I agree

It's actually a worse lineup than the one that sucked ass in the playoffs last year.
    :

you realize that was a conscious decision when they let werth go in favor of lee and the greatest rotation in the history of mankind right? :lol:

this team is good and getting better. enjoy the ride. these are the golden years, my friend. :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com

you realize that was a conscious decision when they let werth go in favor of lee and the greatest rotation in the history of mankind right? :lol:

this team is good and getting better. enjoy the ride. these are the golden years, my friend. :thumbup:

the bar has been raised. I don't get excited about the regular season anymore. If they don't win it all then the season is a failure.

good rotation alone doesn't mean WS titles. just ask the braves. you gotta be able to score runs in the playoffs. phils offense isn't good enough
    The Fixer wrote:

the bar has been raised. I don't get excited about the regular season anymore. If they don't win it all then the season is a failure.

good rotation alone doesn't mean WS titles. just ask the braves. you gotta be able to score runs in the playoffs. phils offense isn't good enough

wow that sucks dude. i'm sorry but that's just a horrible way of looking at things. obviously we know the expectations. but it's june and they've got the best record in baseball and are clearly the class of the national league. sounds like you're talking about the mets or something. :lol:

years from now you'll regret not appreciating this squad. as much as i want to just fast forward to october, i told myself before the season started to just take it game by game and enjoy it. to each his own :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,435
    The Fixer wrote:

if/when a 3-game losing streak occurs though you'll be right here talking shit about the regular season though. i guess it only matters when it's negative. Negadelphia personified. but i'm sure if/when they win the World Series you'll be front and center talking about what a great fan you are and how you knew they would win :roll: :roll: :roll: any more predictions on when the Braves will be in 1st or are you done with that?

Cliff was fantastic last night. Time to get Roy a win and a nice sweep.

and how about those Nationals? won 10 out of 11. got some pretty good young talent there. if Strasburg can come back healthly next year and Harper is the real deal this team could be onto something real soon.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,395
    I'm enjoying the season game by game. I don't consider last year a failure - we had 2 special no hitters, best record in baseball, a Cy Young, and came back to win the division from 7 games back. Even with a terrible offense we still outscored the Giants in the NLCS - just got unlucky. Shit happens.

But yeah, it would definitely be nice to pick up a RH bat rental.

Braves are 4 1/2 back and are better than any other NL team by a couple games I think.

Nats still suck - even if they're on a winning streak.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    I'm enjoying the season game by game. I don't consider last year a failure - we had 2 special no hitters, best record in baseball, a Cy Young, and came back to win the division from 7 games back. Even with a terrible offense we still outscored the Giants in the NLCS - just got unlucky. Shit happens.

Braves are 4 1/2 back and are better than any other NL team by a couple games I think.

agree with you on last season. i don't consider it a failure but a disappointment. to me there is a big difference. one thing about the playoffs is it's kind of a crapshoot. the best teams don't always win in the playoffs. it's getting hot at the right time. the focus of the regular season is to get there and be prepared come October to make a run. if the playoffs were right now i'd feel damn good about the Phils chances of winning it (and there are a few other teams that can feel the same way). what more can you ask for AT THIS POINT?

right.

ryan ludwick. heard that name on mlb radio this morning..
    www.myspace.com
    Phillies, Mariners, Reds Inquired On Ludwick
    By Tim Dierkes [June 22, 2011 at 7:35am CST]
    The Phillies, Mariners, and Reds are among the teams that have inquired on the availability of Padres right fielder Ryan Ludwick, according to Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports. The Padres appear willing to move the 32-year-old, who is eligible for free agency after the season.

Ludwick is hitting .255/.322/.393 with nine home runs in 299 plate appearances this year, with most of his production coming in May. He's been a little better away from PETCO Park, slugging .419 on the road. Ludwick earns $6.775MM this year, with potentially around $2.2MM remaining on July 31st. Inquiries from the Phillies and Reds may be a sign that those two clubs can squeeze in a salary of that size. Ludwick profiled as a Type B free agent the last time we checked, so that will be a factor.

Morosi adds that the Phillies and Cardinals are among the teams that have checked in with Padres GM Jed Hoyer on relievers Heath Bell and Chad Qualls, who will also be free agents after the season (Qualls has a $6MM club option with a $1.05MM buyout). Morosi expects Mike Adams to be popular as well, but as we've heard before the Padres are inclined to keep him since he's under team control for 2012.
    www.myspace.com
    From Elias Sports Bureau: Lee threw his second straight shutout last night and has s allowed one run in 33 innings in his last four starts. The last pitcher to throw 33 or more innings while allowing no more than one run over a four-start span was Oswalt in 2008. The only Phillies pitcher to do that in the last 20 years was Randy Wolf in 2002.

:o
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    From Elias Sports Bureau: Lee threw his second straight shutout last night and has s allowed one run in 33 innings in his last four starts. The last pitcher to throw 33 or more innings while allowing no more than one run over a four-start span was Oswalt in 2008. The only Phillies pitcher to do that in the last 20 years was Randy Wolf in 2002.

he's not a number 1
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

where is that yankess fan that was talking shit last week because Bartolo Colon had better numbers than Cliff? - yea i'm sure he'd still take fat slob Colon over him :lol::lol::lol:

it's not the most exciting baseball to watch dominating pitching but it sure as hell is effective.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,731
    pjhawks wrote:

where is that yankess fan that was talking shit last week because Bartolo Colon had better numbers than Cliff? - yea i'm sure he'd still take fat slob Colon over him :lol::lol::lol:

it's not the most exciting baseball to watch dominating pitching but it sure as hell is effective.

I said I would ride it out and enjoy it as long as it lasted, which I didn't expect to be very long.

Agree about the braves...they are 2nd best team in the NL.

Last year was a huge failure. That was the best team the phils have had during this run and they lost to a team they were much, much more talented than.

Stinks
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The Fixer wrote:

How can this staff not get you excited? We have 3 pitchers right now that are in there own stratosphere. R6 keeps chugging along all aboard!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

I said I would ride it out and enjoy it as long as it lasted, which I didn't expect to be very long.

how's brian gordon look so far?
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

Stinks

:lol: That was succinct.

I agree, by the way.

Cliff Lee last night looked like the 2009, weak contact outs, version, as opposed to the 2010 strikeout machine version we've seen a lot. Whatever works. Glad Charlie didn't take him out after the 7 balls to start.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,987
    Willingham would be my first choice, then Cuddyer. With Cuddyer at least you've got a guy with a decent bat who can fill in for Polanco and Utley when you want to give them a rest as well.
    Willingham would be my first choice, then Cuddyer. With Cuddyer at least you've got a guy with a decent bat who can fill in for Polanco and Utley when you want to give them a rest as well.

i agree.
    don't you think the twins feel like they have a shot at winning that division now though?
    www.myspace.com

i agree.
    don't you think the twins feel like they have a shot at winning that division now though?

I would go for the division if I were in charge of the Twins.

i agree.

the twins aren't winning shit. I've never been a cuddyer fan. though I'd take him in a heartbeat over ludwick

beltran would be my first choice. he would significantly improve the OF defense in the corners (much needed). and he's a switch hitter. willingham would be my number 2.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,731
    how's brian gordon look so far?

Sarcasm I assume. One good start, one bad one. I don't know why the Yanks wont just give one of the kids a start.
This discussion has been closed.