***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Anyone know any stores in the area that sell minor league hats? Looking for a blueclaws hat,if so let me know.

the hat store. :lol:

"You guys won today. You guys won yesterday, so that's two in a row. If you win again tomorrow, that's called a winning streak. IT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE."
    I can't find any stores that carry minor league hats.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    Anyone know any stores in the area that sell minor league hats? Looking for a blueclaws hat,if so let me know.

"You guys won today. You guys won yesterday, so that's two in a row. If you win again tomorrow, that's called a winning streak. IT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE."

expand your search.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

Google
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,732
    edited June 2011
    The Fixer wrote:
    Boston took Jackie Bradley Jr with pick right after the phils selection. That's who I was hoping they'd take. Oh well.

What do you think of the Larry Greene pick for the Phillies?

Monday June 6, 2011 10:29
    10:30 Kevin Goldstein: Personally, I don't like him that high. If he doesn't hit, he offers nothing else.

Where are you following Goldstein? Edit: nevermind, got it.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Found sites was looking for a store i could go to. All the places in levittown/bristol area don't carry any.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Boston took Jackie Bradley Jr with pick right after the phils selection. That's who I was hoping they'd take. Oh well.

10:30 Kevin Goldstein: Personally, I don't like him that high. If he doesn't hit, he offers nothing else.

Where are you following Goldstein?

Just make sure to skip over all of the Jim Bowden comments. Goldstein and Law are terrific

EDIT: whoops. http://espn.go.com/mlb/draft/live
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,732
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Where are you following Goldstein?

Just make sure to skip over all of the Jim Bowden comments. Goldstein and Law are terrific

EDIT: whoops. http://espn.go.com/mlb/draft/live

Yeah, just found it. Thanks. I like both, don't think I realized Goldstein did anything for ESPN.
    Found sites was looking for a store i could go to. All the places in levittown/bristol area don't carry any.

Sorry dude, I got nothing. I only go to stores when I absolutely have to. I can't stand shopping. I buy everything online
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,828

Have you tried a store called Lids? They have a few stores in the philly area malls. Only other spot i could think of would be online.

Nice win. Phinally saw Cliff Lee pitch :D The band "The Baseball Project" sang Take Me Out To The Ballgame during the 7th inning stretch :D Also got real lucky in parking. I usually go past Broad ST. and turn on Packer Ave. then make the first left you can on Lawrence St. If you get lucky you can park on that street for free and there were a few spots open do parked there. ALl in all I think i spent about $8 total at the Phills game. $4 on hot dogs and $4 on water :roll:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,828
    Lenny Dykstra charged with having drugs, car theft
    SAN FERNANDO, Calif. (AP)—Former New York Mets and Philadelphia Phillies star Lenny Dykstra was jailed Monday on grand theft auto and drug possession charges after being accused of using phony information to lease a car from a Southern California dealership.

Dykstra, 48, was charged with 25 misdemeanor and felony counts of grand theft auto, attempted grand theft auto, identity theft and other crimes, said Jane Robison, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles County district attorney’s office. He faces up to 12 years in state prison if convicted.

Dykstra was taken into custody during a hearing in San Fernando Superior Court on the new charges. He was jailed on $500,000 bail with a bail-review hearing set for Friday.

His accountant and a friend were charged in connection with the alleged auto theft but not with drug crimes, Robison said.

All three men are scheduled to be arraigned June 16.

Prosecutors contend that the three men tried to lease high-end cars from dealers this year by providing phony information and claiming credit through a phony business called Home Free Systems.

Two dealerships rejected the lease applications but a third allowed the men to drive off with three cars, according to a statement from the district attorney’s office.

Police who arrested Dykstra on April 14 found cocaine, Ecstasy and the synthetic human growth hormone Somatropin at his San Fernando Valley home, the statement said.

Robison said Dykstra had not obtained a lawyer to represent him in the case.

“Of course I’m not guilty,” Dykstra told the Daily News of New York on Monday. “The car got stolen alright—stolen by them. I don’t have it anymore. It’s gone like my computer, my phone, my clothes.”

That may be a reference to Dykstra’s financial woes.

Dykstra, who bought a Ventura County mansion once owned by hockey star Wayne Gretzky, filed for bankruptcy two years ago, claiming he owed more than $31 million and had only $50,000 in assets.

In May, he was charged with more than a dozen federal counts, including bankruptcy fraud.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,962
    you know, unless you have a "work" computer (which I don't), this thread is impossible to keep up with :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    The Fixer wrote:

Brian Sabean blamed Scott Cousins for that contract
    good one :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Not what I want to hear about a 2nd round pick

Miami's top prospect entering the year was supposed to be third baseman Harold Martinez, who also was highly touted entering his senior year in high school. He has a long performance track record that included two USA Baseball stints. He had a modest senior high school season and wound up at Miami, and he seems to be following a similar path this year. He hit 21 homers as a sophomore to lead the Atlantic Coast Conference. The less-potent bats at the college level this season have affected Martinez, though, and he had as many sacrifice hits (10) as extra-base hits through 53 games. He has timing issues at the plate and doesn't recognize pitches well, and he has yet to hit .300 at the college level. He has raw power but doesn't make consistent enough contact to bring it out. Martinez is a solid athlete who can handle third base defensively, with plenty of arm strength. He has filled in at shortstop when needed and has played some first base. He runs well enough to handle a corner outfield spot. His best-case scenario as a pro could be as a utility player thanks to his glove.
    This is more like it. Loading up on sticks, which is cool

Roman Quinn, of
    Port St. Joe HS

A Florida State signee, Quinn was a must-see at relatively remote Port St. Joe, on the Florida Panhandle. The fastest player in the BA Top 200, he's a true top-of-the-scale runner with game-changing speed. He's a high school shortstop who has the arm strength (solid-average) and hands to stay in the infield. Quinn has the athleticism to play second base, but his speed plays better in center field, which is where more scouts project him to wind up. He's a righthanded hitter who has been learning to switch-hit over the last year. The 2010 East Coast Pro showcase was his first game action hitting lefthanded, and he was overmatched, so he backed off switch-hitting for a time. He resumed it this spring and has improved from the left side. Scouts like his righthanded swing, which produces surprising pop. His 5-foot-9, 165-pound size may drive him down draft boards, but he had helium and was unlikely to get out of the third round.
    Adam Morgan, lhp
    Alabama

Alabama's roster is thin on tools, and the Crimson Tide may not have more than one player drafted in the first 10 rounds: Morgan, who has had flashes of brilliance mixed with low points. He has pitched in the rotation for three seasons, and his solid size and good arm action entice scouts. His delivery, arm action and delivery evoke Cliff Lee, though he doesn't have Lee's stuff or command. Morgan does pound the strike zone and at times pitches downhill with a 90-92 mph fastball. He also has flashed an above-average slider that will touch 84 mph, and his changeup flashes average as well. So why doesn't Morgan dominate? He was just 5-6, 4.14 this season with 72 strikeouts and 23 walks in 91 innings. His fastball more regularly sits in the 87-90 mph range, and even at lower velocity it can flatten out. He has a stiff front leg in his delivery that at times prevents him from keeping the ball down, and his slider is inconsistent. He has been durable this season, though his delivery does raise injury concerns with some scouts.
    re: all this draft talk...

I didn't think you guys developed players; thought you just spent money :shifty:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

I didn't think you guys developed players; thought you just spent money :shifty:

it's a mix. hamels, utley, rollins, howard, madson, bastardo, dom brown, ruiz...all phils draftees. victorino was a rule 5 pick. not sure if that counts or not.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    The Fixer wrote:
    imalive wrote:

it's a mix. hamels, utley, rollins, howard, madson, bastardo, dom brown, ruiz...all phils draftees. victorino was a rule 5 pick. not sure if that counts or not.

Ha. I'm kinda flattered that we would be getting hit with Yankee/Red Sock-type insults....

And is this coming from a guy who watched a team that spent a ton on Fat Head to come to San Fran? :think:

Oh, and there's that Zito guy....
    Lenny Dykstra charged with having drugs, car theft
    SAN FERNANDO, Calif. (AP)—Former New York Mets and Philadelphia Phillies star Lenny Dykstra was jailed Monday on grand theft auto and drug possession charges after being accused of using phony information to lease a car from a Southern California dealership.

Dykstra, 48, was charged with 25 misdemeanor and felony counts of grand theft auto, attempted grand theft auto, identity theft and other crimes, said Jane Robison, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles County district attorney’s office. He faces up to 12 years in state prison if convicted.

Dykstra was taken into custody during a hearing in San Fernando Superior Court on the new charges. He was jailed on $500,000 bail with a bail-review hearing set for Friday.

His accountant and a friend were charged in connection with the alleged auto theft but not with drug crimes, Robison said.

All three men are scheduled to be arraigned June 16.

Prosecutors contend that the three men tried to lease high-end cars from dealers this year by providing phony information and claiming credit through a phony business called Home Free Systems.

Two dealerships rejected the lease applications but a third allowed the men to drive off with three cars, according to a statement from the district attorney’s office.

Police who arrested Dykstra on April 14 found cocaine, Ecstasy and the synthetic human growth hormone Somatropin at his San Fernando Valley home, the statement said.

Robison said Dykstra had not obtained a lawyer to represent him in the case.

“Of course I’m not guilty,” Dykstra told the Daily News of New York on Monday. “The car got stolen alright—stolen by them. I don’t have it anymore. It’s gone like my computer, my phone, my clothes.”

That may be a reference to Dykstra’s financial woes.

Dykstra, who bought a Ventura County mansion once owned by hockey star Wayne Gretzky, filed for bankruptcy two years ago, claiming he owed more than $31 million and had only $50,000 in assets.

In May, he was charged with more than a dozen federal counts, including bankruptcy fraud.

this bio pic needs to happen ASAP.
    www.myspace.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,408
    The Fixer wrote:
    imalive wrote:

And the other Ace pitchers were generally obtained with homegrown prospects. Lee was traded away and came back, but originally was acquired with Phillies draftees.

Aren't the Giants the team that "stole" Aaron Rowand from us? :lol: :P Wanna talk about spending money? :? :o
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Looking forward to seeing this kid de la rosa pitch for LA tonight. Apparently he throws 100. He was a top 100 prospect coming into the year. He's up a lot earlier than experts thought he'd be. should be interesting
    This guy was the 83rd ranked prospect coming into draft. Committed to Georgia, so he's a tough sign. Give him the cash and get him on board. Love these types of picks

Tyler Greene, ss
    West Boca Raton HS

Teammate of highly regarded righthander Mike Kelly, Greene is one of the draft's bigger enigmas. The younger brother of Mets farmhand Chase Greene, Tyler pushed his brother off shortstop when they played together in 2009, when he was just a sophomore. He's impressive physically and shows well in workouts and showcases with his raw tools. Greene has improved his speed to well above-average over the last year by getting stronger and more explosive. He has a fast-twitch body and athletic ability, and looks the part at shortstop. He's not natural at short, doesn't always get good hops and doesn't have the most accurate arm, short-circuiting his plus arm strength. Offensively, he was erratic on the showcase circuit and again this spring, where he was hitting around .380 in mid May with just five home runs. Greene also could move up boards with a strong workout.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,408
    The Fixer wrote:
    This guy was the 83rd ranked prospect coming into draft. Committed to Georgia, so he's a tough sign. Give him the cash and get him on board. Love these types of picks

Tyler Greene, ss
    West Boca Raton HS

Teammate of highly regarded righthander Mike Kelly, Greene is one of the draft's bigger enigmas. The younger brother of Mets farmhand Chase Greene, Tyler pushed his brother off shortstop when they played together in 2009, when he was just a sophomore. He's impressive physically and shows well in workouts and showcases with his raw tools. Greene has improved his speed to well above-average over the last year by getting stronger and more explosive. He has a fast-twitch body and athletic ability, and looks the part at shortstop. He's not natural at short, doesn't always get good hops and doesn't have the most accurate arm, short-circuiting his plus arm strength. Offensively, he was erratic on the showcase circuit and again this spring, where he was hitting around .380 in mid May with just five home runs. Greene also could move up boards with a strong workout.

Didn't he blow his arm out throwing a knuckle curve? :?

Some of these names are way too common.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:

Tyler Greene, ss
    West Boca Raton HS

Didn't he blow his arm out throwing a knuckle curve? :?

Some of these names are way too common.

he spelled his sans the "e."

still....tyler greene :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Yo, who is this new Eye-talian chick on Action News? Dear. Lord.

i gotta check her out...only caught glimpses of her in commercials before. that hot huh?
    www.myspace.com
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067

i gotta check her out...only caught glimpses of her in commercials before. that hot huh?
    these posts are useless without pics
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

every time I hear someone say eye-talian i think of the redneck at the rodeo in borat. god that movie is tremendous
    why does every single injury always have to be an adventure with the phils?
    www.myspace.com
    that's how you lose games right there.

this lineup stinks
This discussion has been closed.