***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Soundgarden at festival pier? Bit of a strange venue, no?
    To me Soundgarden is just another avg at best band. Never really got into them and i tried back in the day.

totally agree with this. I like a couple of their songs but I have no desire to see them live
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Fixer, apparently extra innings gets Saturday 1 pm games this year. Just got home from running errands, turned the tv on and the yanks were on.

hasn't it always been like that? I thought just the games that conflicted with fox's 4 PM games got blacked out.

I could be wrong
    JP, I was there Friday night and they were charging people to get into FDR park. Let us know if that's a permanent thing now.
    Selling my tickets for Wednesday. Game is at 1:00. Face value. Let me know if anyone is interested. My seats are money
  • dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    are ALL the Philly phaithfuls at the game today?! Great start for Cole, I hope he keeps it up. Looking like a good day for the Phils - enjoy it for all of you who are there!
    Ibanez looks like he's 64 years old. It's painful watching him in the OF
    The Fixer wrote:

jesus. catch the fucking ball dude. that's two he's dropped
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

jesus. catch the fucking ball dude. that's two he's dropped

yeah there is no excuse for that, he's gotta step it up. Way to go on getting out of that inning though.
    Ugly, but I'll take it.

Hamels pitched great again today
    He gives himself zero time to recover between pitches but I guess he's got it down to a science, at least today. He looked great. The bats were moving, and Placido came up big for one of my fantasy teams so I can't complain :D

Like you said, it wasn't so pretty, but a W is a W is a W... Happy birthday to the Phanatic.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    another solid outing from cole today.

good time down there this afternoon.

come on fat joe. bounce back tomorrow buddy....
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Good win today,Hamels looked good like usually. It's awesome to see this team play small ball and win. Polly is a hitting machine and has played a damn good 3rd base. His homer looked like a double from were i was sittin behind home i was shocked it got out. Madson looks comfortable and Jose did his Mitch and Lidge impersonation today but pulled thru. This team is gonna blow thru the Nl this year with easy i believe.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The Fixer wrote:
    He is painful out there but he had a clutch rbi today.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,410
    He gives himself zero time to recover between pitches but I guess he's got it down to a science, at least today. He looked great. The bats were moving, and Placido came up big for one of my fantasy teams so I can't complain :D

Like you said, it wasn't so pretty, but a W is a W is a W... Happy birthday to the Phanatic.

One of your fantasy teams? I can't even maintain interest in one team for a 26 week baseball season. :lol:

Good time today, despite getting stuck on the closed Blue Route on the way b/c some idiot flipped their car. Some bigger idiot didn't bother checking the PA Traffic Cameras app on his iPhone before we left. :roll:

So my favorite restaurant got a 3-bell review in the Inqy this morning. :D
    http://www.philly.com/philly/columnists/craig_laban/20110417_Italian_Le_Virt_is_the_real_thing__refined_and_even_better.html

Oh yeah, baseball - awesome sac fly for Chooch with 2 strikes. At least Raul managed to beat out the throw and avoid the DP, which allowed the sac fly to happen. Nice game for Hamels. I think this guy's gonna be good. ;)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    any of you guys seen The Killing on amc yet?

pretty powerful stuff. might be my new favorite show...
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    The Fixer wrote:
    JP, I was there Friday night and they were charging people to get into FDR park. Let us know if that's a permanent thing now.

Was down there yesterday and I didn't get charged. We got there at 1045/11-ish so maybe they weren't out yet. That really blows if it becomes a common occurrence. I'm heading back down for tonight's game, so I'll let ya know what the deal is. Dollar dog night, yo. No need to eat the rest of the day...
    The Fixer wrote:

Was down there yesterday and I didn't get charged. We got there at 1045/11-ish so maybe they weren't out yet. That really blows if it becomes a common occurrence. I'm heading back down for tonight's game, so I'll let ya know what the deal is. Dollar dog night, yo. No need to eat the rest of the day...

Breaking news: hot dogs actually cost less than a dollar outside the ballpark! You can buy a package of 8 for about $3 I believe.

Sorry, I don't understand why everyone has to turn dollar dog night into a freakin' eating contest. :roll:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,440
    The Fixer wrote:

Breaking news: hot dogs actually cost less than a dollar outside the ballpark! You can buy a package of 8 for about $3 I believe.

Sorry, I don't understand why everyone has to turn dollar dog night into a freakin' eating contest. :roll:

shhhh johnny, some on here tend to throw a hissy fit if you question anything about their behavior.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Boy, the pretentiousness of some of you lame-O's is off the charts. :thumbup:

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734

haha, yeah. That's great. Dude got pretty personal.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,440
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Gonzo is such a tool. pretty much 98% of his articles are complete shit. Murphy at least works for a living. being a beat writer is a pain in the ass, especially for baseball.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    pjhawks wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Gonzo is such a tool. pretty much 98% of his articles are complete shit. Murphy at least works for a living. being a beat writer is a pain in the ass, especially for baseball.

I don't read much of either of them but I find that whole thing pretty hilarious. There are much worse jobs than being an MLB beat writer, even with the travel and deadlines.
    I think Murphy's blog is fantastcic. I have never read one of Gonzo's articles. He doesn't strike me as someone that should be a sports journalist...he'd be better on TMZ or some shit like that.

Also, dollar dog night is awesome. Yes, you can get them cheaper at the store, but there is nothing better than a dog at a baseball game. And for some reason they taste even better when they're one buck instead of four.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I don't read much of either of them but I find that whole thing pretty hilarious. There are much worse jobs than being an MLB beat writer, even with the travel and deadlines.

one of the comments was hillarious. mentioned something about how mainstream media always knocks the blogosphere and shit...yet here they are having a hissy fit on their own blogs and twitter.

great to see fightins back at it. the article about LA dozing off during the 8th yesterday was funny. franske's slight knock on zumoff and snow was gold jerry, gold. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,830
    I'll be going tonight to dollar dog night. Going b y myself though. Had an extra ticket and not one person i asked could make it :( I'm sure i can sell the ticket at the park. Standing room only. Go Phills. I'm sure I could have found someone to go if Halladay was pitching like he was suppose to :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

Never even heard of it. The Fixer is strictly sports in april.

Jeags, you seem to watch a lot of TV shows. I am going to promote you to be my TV watching advisor. I'm always last to catch on to shows...by the time I start watching something it's usually the end of the show's run.
    The Fixer wrote:

Never even heard of it. The Fixer is strictly sports in april.

Jeags, you seem to watch a lot of TV shows. I am going to promote you to be my TV watching advisor. I'm always last to catch on to shows...by the time I start watching something it's usually the end of the show's run.

there's 2 nights a week that tv is decent: sunday and thursday. i've heard nothing but good shit about this Killing show. sat night with no phils game was perfect to catch up on the first 2 episodes. very atmospheric. well written. deep characters. catch it on demand when get the chance.
    www.myspace.com
    I'll be going tonight to dollar dog night. Going b y myself though. Had an extra ticket and not one person i asked could make it :( I'm sure i can sell the ticket at the park. Standing room only. Go Phills. I'm sure I could have found someone to go if Halladay was pitching like he was suppose to :lol:

going by yourself?

this would be an excellent opportunity to get yourself a scorebook and a trusty number 2 pencil and keep score. do it! i've been meaning to keep score for years :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.