***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Wow!! FOX just really put up Hamels stats against the Reds for Blanton!?! LMFAO!! It even said Blanton's NLDS game 3 stats!!

Fail FOX!!

Buck and McCarver need to die!!
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Not a good effort at all

How this lineup is getting out hit is pretty pathetic

I blame Jet Lag :D
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Not a good effort at all

WTF is going on with our teams

Making it difficult
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Not a good effort at all

WTF is going on with our teams

Making it difficult

I think both teams think if they just show up they can win :roll:

Weak efforts

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    Welp, I was saying it before this series started - this has 2002 NFC Championship game written all over it. Of course I don't want them to lose, but the way people have been puffing their chest before this series started, I kinda hope they lose to make those people feel like dicks. With that said....

The winning has only covered up what is really going on here - a full on fucking slump. That game was there for the taking. Other than Cain's changeup he was totally hittable, and of course these jerkoffs don't like to hit with men in scoring position. This slump continues and it doesn't matter what happens. Full......on....S-L-U-M-P.

Tomorrow night is HUGE. Blanton has to come through, just has to. There's NO WAY Doc loses on Thursday, I guarantee that, but if Blanton loses tomorrow or puts up a shitty game, then there's no way they rebound from 3-1, even if Doc wins.
    Welp, I was saying it before this series started - this has 2002 NFC Championship game written all over it. Of course I don't want them to lose, but the way people have been puffing their chest before this series started, I kinda hope they lose to make those people feel like dicks. With that said....

The winning has only covered up what is really going on here - a full on fucking slump. That game was there for the taking. Other than Cain's changeup he was totally hittable, and of course these jerkoffs don't like to hit with men in scoring position. This slump continues and it doesn't matter what happens. Full......on....S-L-U-M-P.

Tomorrow night is HUGE. Blanton has to come through, just has to. There's NO WAY Doc loses on Thursday, I guarantee that, but if Blanton loses tomorrow or puts up a shitty game, then there's no way they rebound from 3-1, even if Doc wins.

Cody Ross...Joe Jure how ever the phuck you spell it

Uncle Cholly confirmed Fat Joe tomorrow

I don't think I agree with that

Cody Ross...Joe Jure how ever the phuck you spell it

Uncle Cholly confirmed Fat Joe tomorrow

I don't think I agree with that

If you pitch Doc tomorrow, then you gotta move everyone else up and that doesn't work. You can't panic at 2-1. I mean if you move Doc up then you're gonna have him go on 3 days rest twice if they are able to take it to a game 7, but that means you pitch Cole on 3 days rest and he's never done that. Point being Fat Joe will have to pitch at some point anyway.

Cody Ross had a nice hit, I'll give him that, but it was a solid pitch by Hamels. You shouldn't be putting up a goose egg, it's that simple. Take away Burrell's walk and that run is off the board, and the same thing with the flub by Utley. I'm not trying to make excuses, what I'm saying is they earned their runs and took advantage of mistakes while we sat back and would rather look at strike 2(Werthless, I'm looking in your direction the most!) in hitter's counts of 2-1. Calling on the carpet right now - Vic, Chase, Polanco, Howard, Werth, Ibanez. Like I said, an ugly fucking slump at a really bad time for one.

And on top of it all, the umpiring once again was incredibly inconsistent. I have no problem with a wide strike zone, but don't expand it and contract it. Terrible. Not an excuse, but it's getting ridiculous. What happened to the old grizzled umps that have been doing this shit for 40 years????
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    Tough loss :(

On the bright side. I got this awesome e-mail this morning
    NLCS Second Chance Ticket Purchase Opportunity
    FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED -- WHILE AVAILABILITY LASTS!

Dear DAVID MOONEY,

CONGRATULATIONS! You have been selected for the opportunity to purchase tickets to NLCS HOME GAME 4 of the 2010 National League Championship Series ("NLCS") scheduled to be played at Citizens Bank Park.

NLCS Home Game 4 (Game 7 of the series) is scheduled to be played on Sunday, October 24 at 7:57 p.m. (if necessary).

We are pleased to offer you an opportunity to purchase up to three tickets to a potential game of the NLCS on first-come, first-served basis (subject to availability).

This purchase opportunity will be online only at phillies.com starting at 10 a.m. ET today, Tuesday, October 19 and continuing through 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, October 19 (based on availability and while supplies last).

:D So i was actually able to purchase 3 tix (the max they would allow) thru my iphone. Texted my friend and told him. I thought it said game 4 on Sunday (not realizng HOME game 4 (game 7 of the series). So kinda hoping the series goes to 7 games. If we win in 6 i'd be cool with that too.

Where is our offense? Aside from a few players it's been non existent so far. :?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Tough loss :(

On the bright side. I got this awesome e-mail this morning
    NLCS Second Chance Ticket Purchase Opportunity
    FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED -- WHILE AVAILABILITY LASTS!

Dear DAVID MOONEY,

CONGRATULATIONS! You have been selected for the opportunity to purchase tickets to NLCS HOME GAME 4 of the 2010 National League Championship Series ("NLCS") scheduled to be played at Citizens Bank Park.

NLCS Home Game 4 (Game 7 of the series) is scheduled to be played on Sunday, October 24 at 7:57 p.m. (if necessary).

We are pleased to offer you an opportunity to purchase up to three tickets to a potential game of the NLCS on first-come, first-served basis (subject to availability).

This purchase opportunity will be online only at phillies.com starting at 10 a.m. ET today, Tuesday, October 19 and continuing through 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, October 19 (based on availability and while supplies last).

:D So i was actually able to purchase 3 tix (the max they would allow) thru my iphone. Texted my friend and told him. I thought it said game 4 on Sunday (not realizng HOME game 4 (game 7 of the series). So kinda hoping the series goes to 7 games. If we win in 6 i'd be cool with that too.

Where is our offense? Aside from a few players it's been non existent so far. :?

Nice...I won last year

Not this year :(

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Pitching halladay and the other 3 on short rest would be a complete panic move same is if the yanks threw cc tonight. Even if the phillies lose tomorrow, halladay, oswalt ad hamels are 3 not bad pitchers to have going in eliminiaton games.

Giants are in the drivers seat but as with the yanks, there's a lot of baseball left.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Pitching halladay and the other 3 on short rest would be a complete panic move same is if the yanks threw cc tonight. Even if the phillies lose tomorrow, halladay, oswalt ad hamels are 3 not bad pitchers to have going in eliminiaton games.

Giants are in the drivers seat but as with the yanks, there's a lot of baseball left.

And there's no reason to panic. Winning game 2 is big in a series, but it's not a back breaker. This game tomorrow is huge. I guarantee Doc wins game 5. There's no way he leaves the ball over the plate in back to back starts. The fact of the matter is these fuckers need to start hitting. Working pitch counts is all well and good, but if it's a hitter's count, get aggressive.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I hear ya both

Honestly it's been the silent bats not the pitching this series

I would definitely use Francisco tomorrow in LF with a lefty going

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    Utley is killing us defensively for the 2nd straight year in the playoffs - the Fixer's silence about it says a lot about him. imagine if it was the 1st baseman on this team being an abomination defensively 2 years in a row - to bad it wasn't a stray dog, he'd probably caught it then (i kid i kid). and how the F is that not scored an error, ridiculous. Chase needs to hit to make up for his defense.

anyway agree with the sentiment most have on hear that starting Blanton in game 4 is the right move. win and we are in good shape. we've scored lots of runs for Blanton as well. win with Blanton and this team will have to beat our top 3 starters 4 times in 6 games, ain't happening. we are the better team, just need to hit better. Even down 3-1 we are not done with our starters.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    son of a von druke....only thing i said i was worried about going in was that our bats can go silent at the drop of the hat and, alas, it has happened. gotta wonder if the long layoff after clinching played a factor...

fucking ibanez is killing us. he looks like he's aged 10 years since mid september. manuel's gotta sit him tomorrow with this lefty on the hill. make it a ben francisco treat in frisco.

that said, phat joe's on the mound. so, he'll probably give up 3 runs by the 2nd inning....but we'll end up scoring 6 or 7, break out of the slump, and he'll get the win.

lot of baseball to be played gentlemen. confidence levels are still high. this team knows how to win. at least the yankees look like they're going down. :lol:

GO PHILS!
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:
    Utley is killing us defensively for the 2nd straight year in the playoffs - the Fixer's silence about it says a lot about him. imagine if it was the 1st baseman on this team being an abomination defensively 2 years in a row - to bad it wasn't a stray dog, he'd probably caught it then (i kid i kid). and how the F is that not scored an error, ridiculous. Chase needs to hit to make up for his defense.
    rs.

come on dude. now's not the time to squabble about that nonsense again. chase looked like poop in the field and at the plate....but so did the majority of the team. we'll bounce back....
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:
    rs.

come on dude. now's not the time to squabble about that nonsense again. chase looked like poop in the field and at the plate....but so did the majority of the team. we'll bounce back....

just calling them as i see them. nothing i have said above is wrong. tell me there wouldn't be 87 posts if it was one position over. utley has something like 6 errors in 2 years in the playoffs (despite scorers not calling them errors) - that's just awful and has to be approaching some kind of record. why can't we call him out for it? and call out hypocritical posters here?

anyway bring it in game 4 boys, even it up and move it on to Halladay.
    Wasn't utley the only phillie to show up in the world series last year?
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    rs.

just calling them as i see them. nothing i have said above is wrong. tell me there wouldn't be 87 posts if it was one position over. utley has something like 6 errors in 2 years in the playoffs (despite scorers not calling them errors) - that's just awful and has to be approaching some kind of record. why can't we call him out for it? and call out hypocritical posters here?

anyway bring it in game 4 boys, even it up and move it on to Halladay.

call utley out if you want. he hasn't played well. i have a feeling he will come out guns blazing tomorrow though. i don't think it accomplishes anything to look for a fight with other posters now. we need all hands on deck dude :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Wasn't utley the only phillie to show up in the world series last year?

no Cliff Lee.

nice to see Yankees fans deserting early again - frauds
    pjhawks wrote:
    rs.

Hence why I don't bother with this guy's posts anymore. Pathetic.
    pjhawks wrote:
    rs.

Hence why I don't bother with this guy's posts anymore. Pathetic.

me? am i wrong with anything i said above?
    Where are these empty seats you are talking about? Directly behind home plate?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Where are these empty seats you are talking about? Directly behind home plate?

yeah the expensive ones. but the wide shot showed a lot of empties up in the upper bowl too. my fiance was like "why did they leave so early??" :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    Now it's empty. Tommorrow when I am at my computer I will post the total attendance of the 2 teams since 1990. How do you think that will turn out?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Now it's empty. Tommorrow when I am at my computer I will post the total attendance of the 2 teams since 1990. How do you think that will turn out?

That's what you do at work? Tough loss there, bud.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2010/10/ne ... s-too.html
    www.myspace.com
    It's what I do at work when phillies fans who started showing up 36 months ago try telling me they are the greatest fans in the world. The wonderful thing is, I was one of the 35,000 people going to phillies games in 2006 while all these incredible die hards were where?

Yeah, shitty loss. Big hill to climb.
    You found it jeags, that is what I was referring to this morning. The beating Hamilton took from the blecher creatures was also out of line, you don't have a fucked up past like that and get away with it in cf of yankee stadium
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    It's what I do at work when phillies fans who started showing up 36 months ago try telling me they are the greatest fans in the world. The wonderful thing is, I was one of the 35,000 people going to phillies games in 2006 while all these incredible die hards were where?

But.....we are the greatest fans in the world.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

beat it dude. seriously. i've been here for 3 decades. sunday plans at the vet before you even moved here.

you're the one who posted the puking thing the other day. you can't handle a taste of your own medicine. go sleep off the back to back losses. they seem to be making you cranky
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.