***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    how is it you philly guys fill up like three pages after a win but get one post (jeagler) after a loss? :? :lol:;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    imalive wrote:
    how is it you philly guys fill up like three pages after a win but get one post (jeagler) after a loss? :? :lol:;)

because the loss was on a saturday night, we have lives and don't sit in front of a computer on weekends. bring it
  • imalive wrote:

I managed to get a post in Sunday morning after dealing with a newborn who didn't want to go to sleep. Sue me. What are you guys up to? 18 pages for the season? :lol:

Any game where the Phillies can score at least 5 runs is about a 97% chance of a win against this "offense."

Hope Charlie splits up the lefties again tomorrow - it really confused Bochy. :?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

dude spilled his beer. who cares anyway?

We will find out, Deadspin is on it and will find out who it is by the end of the day probably.

man i hope you're kidding

:lol:
    www.myspace.com
    dude i work with is from ct and is a yankees fan...just bought tix for tonights game on stub hub for 70 bucks. :o

they're giving tickets away up there!
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    Oh, boy. Whollllle lot of hangovers. One more nap and I think I'll finally be recovered. Jesus H Christ, what a weekend...
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    dude i work with is from ct and is a yankees fan...just bought tix for tonights game on stub hub for 70 bucks. :o

Didn't Fixer say he paid $110 a ticket for lower level day of game recently? Good luck getting that at YS.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

Didn't Fixer say he paid $110 a ticket for lower level day of game recently? Good luck getting that at YS.

I looked at stubhub for WS tixx last year. Games in Philly were clearly more expensive. I was thinking about buying Game 6 or 7 because it would've been cheaper, even with driving up there and all.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I looked at stubhub for WS tixx last year. Games in Philly were clearly more expensive. I was thinking about buying Game 6 or 7 because it would've been cheaper, even with driving up there and all.

Not suprising, smaller stadium, rarely in the world series, gigantic bandwagon in town.
    And I guess I should talk something Phils related - all the wedding crap was outta the way by like 730, so it was all good. A slew of us watched game one in the lobby. Bad news - other than the loss - was that the bourbon was flowing a little too well and I was asking for the key to the room to pass out by 10. Yeah, I know. A buddy of mine said, "You know he's(talking about me) fucked up when I care about the Phillies more than he does." So I don't have a lot to add when it comes to game 1 other than now it's a 5 game series, both pitchers pitched decent but no where near great, especially Doc, and there is no way he pitches poorly back-to-back. As long as they hit a little bit they should win game 5. Didn't feel good about Ross going into this series. He just kills the Phils. But, we know he can hit the ball far in the one spot over the plate. Next time I would put one near his chin, then keep it low and away. Dude's got a long swing. Either go low away, or, high & inside.

Oswalt was outstanding last night obviously, but I don't get how the lineup let Sanchez get into the 7th. It's like they forgot to work his pitch count after that 1st inning. Howard had a great night in my eyes. Did everything the opposite of what he usually does against lefties, so maybe he's finally getting it. I like Hamels tomorrow, and LOVE Cain on the mound for them. We have always hit him well, and he's the perfect pitcher for them - nothing too deceptive in his motion, typical hard throwing righty who paints. Like our chances a lot tomorrow. And if the Phils can work over Buttgarner(see what I did there?) like Sanchez, then I think they can get to him. Don't mind Blanton on the mound, just don't like all the time off he's had.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Not suprising, smaller stadium, rarely in the world series, gigantic bandwagon in town.

Actually, it was the Phils' 2nd straight WS, and the Yanks' first in 6 years. Also, as far as the stadium size goes, isn't the NY metro area, what, 3x as big as Phila? Sorry Cliffy, you're dead wrong on this one.

Cliffy6745 wrote:

Actually, it was the Phils' 2nd straight WS, and the Yanks' first in 6 years. Also, as far as the stadium size goes, isn't the NY metro area, what, 3x as big as Phila? Sorry Cliffy, you're dead wrong on this one.

:lol:
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Come on. Twice in 2 years is a bit different than the Yanks. I agree about the metro area but you are not really comparing apples to apples, they are completely different cities.

In all honesty, I dont really understand what you are getting at. Because playoff tickets are more expensive in Philly right now you are a better fans? When I moved here in 2006, aside from the Sixers, Phillies tickets were the easiest ticket in town. There is a running joke at my office that it was impossible to give away our season tickets 4 years ago, now it is impossible to get them. So since your team is good and people are willing to pay out of the ass that makes you great fans?
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Come on. Twice in 2 years is a bit different than the Yanks. I agree about the metro area but you are not really comparing apples to apples, they are completely different cities.

In all honesty, I dont really understand what you are getting at. Because playoff tickets are more expensive in Philly right now you are a better fans? When I moved here in 2006, aside from the Sixers, Phillies tickets were the easiest ticket in town. There is a running joke at my office that it was impossible to give away our season tickets 4 years ago, now it is impossible to get them. So since your team is good and people are willing to pay out of the ass that makes you great fans?

I don't think the Phillies fan base is great, by any means. There were all kinds of empty seats in the 9th inning last night. Huge contingent of fair weather fans. But you were trying to say that it's cheaper to get Phils playoff games than Yanks, and that's just not true.

Phils fans are just like Yanks fans; they'll turn out for a winning team. It's been a long time, but those crappy Yankees teams of the late 80s/early 90s couldn't draw flies.

Cliffy6745 wrote:

I don't think the Phillies fan base is great, by any means. There were all kinds of empty seats in the 9th inning last night. Huge contingent of fair weather fans. But you were trying to say that it's cheaper to get Phils playoff games than Yanks, and that's just not true.

Phils fans are just like Yanks fans; they'll turn out for a winning team. It's been a long time, but those crappy Yankees teams of the late 80s/early 90s couldn't draw flies.

yankees fans have never and will never vomit at a game. remember that johnny. :lol: :roll:
    www.myspace.com

Yankees didn't start drawing until 98. Won't argue that, I dont think they drew 3 million until 99. I also didn't say that it was cheaper to get into Phillies for the playoffs I simply stated that because someone got a ticket for $70 today does not mean they are not selling since Fixer got lower level for around $110 or something. Tickets drop day of game. I then agreed that Phillies tickets are more expensive and said why I thought so.
    yankees fans have never and will never vomit at a game. remember that johnny. :lol: :roll:

Not on kids or the field.

I threw up at an Eagles/Giants game in the bathroom because of the night before and missed a Plax TD.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yankees didn't start drawing until 98. Won't argue that, I dont think they drew 3 million until 99. I also didn't say that it was cheaper to get into Phillies for the playoffs I simply stated that because someone got a ticket for $70 today does not mean they are not selling since Fixer got lower level for around $110 or something. Tickets drop day of game. I then agreed that Phillies tickets are more expensive and said why I thought so.

That's fine. I'm bored with this debate. I just don't want to hear this shit about Yankees fans being so great and loyal and whatever. Yeah, I know you never said that, but others on that thread have quite the high and mighty attitude.

• Wow, just read that LIncecum is the 1st (and only) visiting pitcher to complete 7 innings in a playoff game at Citizens Park. I had to verify it, and it's true. Of course, nobody has pitched more than 7 innings.

Cliffy6745 wrote:

please verify with deadspin that this has never ever happened and get back to me on that one. i'm sure they have youtube clips going back 30 years :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

please verify with deadspin that this has never ever happened and get back to me on that one. i'm sure they have youtube clips going back 30 years :lol:

I love that clip of Chambliss' AL-winning homer in 1976 where he couldn't even get to the plate with people mugging him on the 3rd base line. Wild times.

Cliffy6745 wrote:

I love that clip of Chambliss' AL-winning homer in 1976 where he couldn't even get to the plate with people mugging him on the 3rd base line. Wild times.

that's really one of the things our generation kind of missed out on---fans storming the field (with the exception of college). from rizzo bringing the cops on horseback onto the field in '80 to the cops on bikes in '08...would be cool to see the fans storm the field and celebrate with the players. alas, that'll never happen though.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Cliffy be done with this please - after your fans performance in game 3 i wouldn't be ripping on others. Plenty of empty seats behind home plate, fan running onto the field, and 75% of the crowd leaving when it was 3-0.
    edited October 2010
    Uh ohhhhhhhhhh. ESPN's Accuscore has San Fran favored 52/48%. Shit. We better not even play this game.

Gotta love being off today, bitches! Miller Lite consumption is imminent....
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
    pjhawks wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Cliffy be done with this please - after your fans performance in game 3 i wouldn't be ripping on others. Plenty of empty seats behind home plate, fan running onto the field, and 75% of the crowd leaving when it was 3-0.

The only problem I have with last night are some of the things that were done at the end (I won't point out here, feel free to find on your own) and the guy running on the field. Hamilton took a beating from what I understand but there was no way around that, the bleacher creatures were going to be out of line and they were. I don't agree with it but it was going to happen no matter what.

The stadium emptied out in the 9th, that was a disaster. I didn't see the 9th of your game but Johnny said there were a lot of empty seats the other day. As for behind home plate, I actually thought they had the best fans I have seen in a long time back there last night
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Early games suck !

I'm gonna miss the whole game

I looked on stubhub for the hell of it for game 6 tickets...cheapest I saw was $193 SRO

:shock:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Early games suck !

I looked on stubhub for the hell of it for game 6 tickets...cheapest I saw was $193 SRO

I was thinking of selling mine. But, yeah, that ain't happening. This crisp, cool, Miller Lite is for you, buddy!
    Early games suck !

i am disapointed in you. as soon as the schedule came out, your jeagler emailed the scheduling the department to promptly notify them of my early departure this afternoon. make up an illness. if you have kids say one of them missed the bus or something. come on dude!....GO PHILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    What a disgusting mess....

http://www.philebrity.com/2010/10/18/th ... /#comments

I'm sure you guys realize by now that I just use this thread to talk about anything locally related...
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Early games suck !

I was thinking of selling mine. But, yeah, that ain't happening. This crisp, cool, Miller Lite is for you, buddy!

Nice....drink it down son
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
This discussion has been closed.