***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    Utley is killing us defensively for the 2nd straight year in the playoffs - the Fixer's silence about it says a lot about him. imagine if it was the 1st baseman on this team being an abomination defensively 2 years in a row - to bad it wasn't a stray dog, he'd probably caught it then (i kid i kid). and how the F is that not scored an error, ridiculous. Chase needs to hit to make up for his defense.

anyway agree with the sentiment most have on hear that starting Blanton in game 4 is the right move. win and we are in good shape. we've scored lots of runs for Blanton as well. win with Blanton and this team will have to beat our top 3 starters 4 times in 6 games, ain't happening. we are the better team, just need to hit better. Even down 3-1 we are not done with our starters.

been on vacation for a week dude, haven't been around. nice to see you're still acting like a 10 year old though

so you have no comment whatsoever on Chase having at least 5 errors in the last 21 playoff games? - an absurd number for any player let alone one labeled a superstar and 'the greatest player in franchise history' . yet you are sooooo quick to jump on other players. typical. call me names or whatever but don't be a hypocrite when it comes to these things. nothing i said above is wrong. chase has been an abomination defensively for the last 2 years in the playoffs.
  • I kind of think the Giants might take this one, but I think we can come back.

Anyways - some teams that came back from 2-1 in LCS: '80 Phils (in best-of-5), '93 Phils, '98 Yankees, plenty others

and from 3-1: '85 Royals, '86 Red Sox, '96 Braves, '04 Red Sox, '07 Red Sox (wow - last 3 Red Sox pennant teams trailed 3-1 in ALCS)

A little lineup adjustment tonight maybe gets the team back on track. Giants still need some luck to win 2 more games.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    Utley is killing us defensively for the 2nd straight year in the playoffs - the Fixer's silence about it says a lot about him. imagine if it was the 1st baseman on this team being an abomination defensively 2 years in a row - to bad it wasn't a stray dog, he'd probably caught it then (i kid i kid). and how the F is that not scored an error, ridiculous. Chase needs to hit to make up for his defense.

anyway agree with the sentiment most have on hear that starting Blanton in game 4 is the right move. win and we are in good shape. we've scored lots of runs for Blanton as well. win with Blanton and this team will have to beat our top 3 starters 4 times in 6 games, ain't happening. we are the better team, just need to hit better. Even down 3-1 we are not done with our starters.

been on vacation for a week dude, haven't been around. nice to see you're still acting like a 10 year old though

so you have no comment whatsoever on Chase having at least 5 errors in the last 21 playoff games? - an absurd number for any player let alone one labeled a superstar and 'the greatest player in franchise history' . yet you are sooooo quick to jump on other players. typical. call me names or whatever but don't be a hypocrite when it comes to these things. nothing i said above is wrong. chase has been an abomination defensively for the last 2 years in the playoffs.

yeah, his play in game 5 of the WS vs TB was horrible. As was the unassisted DP he turned in the LAD series in '08

your memory isn't very good is it? 4 of the 5 errors you talk about happened in 2 games (one of which the phils won). I wouldn't call that 'an abomination defensively'.
    I kind of think the Giants might take this one, but I think we can come back.

Anyways - some teams that came back from 2-1 in LCS: '80 Phils (in best-of-5), '93 Phils, '98 Yankees, plenty others

and from 3-1: '85 Royals, '86 Red Sox, '96 Braves, '04 Red Sox, '07 Red Sox (wow - last 3 Red Sox pennant teams trailed 3-1 in ALCS)

A little lineup adjustment tonight maybe gets the team back on track. Giants still need some luck to win 2 more games.

yeah, this series is far from over. and I agree that tonight isn't a must win. a win tonight puts all the pressure on SF though. They go into game 5 with the series tied and Cum on the mound and all the sudden it's close to a must win for them
    `
    The Fixer wrote:
    yeah, his play in game 5 of the WS vs TB was horrible. As was the unassisted DP he turned in the LAD series in '08

your memory isn't very good is it? 4 of the 5 errors you talk about happened in 2 games (one of which the phils won). I wouldn't call that 'an abomination defensively'.
    `
    wow for a guy in love with stats how can you possibly say 5 errors in 21 games is not atrocious? just because it is your man crush doesn't make it any less horrid.
    pjhawks wrote:
    `
    The Fixer wrote:

`
    wow for a guy in love with stats how can you possibly say 5 errors in 21 games is not atrocious? just because it is your man crush doesn't make it any less horrid.

yeah, he sucks. they should cut him
  • The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    `
    The Fixer wrote:

`

Seriously, nobody feels like hearing about this crap in October. It's another thing when we're looking for something to talk about in June. Give it a rest. By the way, I Believe the Hawk is Dead! :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    edited October 2010
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

Seriously, nobody feels like hearing about this crap in October. It's another thing when we're looking for something to talk about in June. Give it a rest. By the way, I Believe the Hawk is Dead! :lol:

for real. they have 8 guys playing like dog shit right now. the only one that deserves to be singled out is ibanez...he cost them a game and hasn't gotten a hit yet.

need to light up this soft tossing rookie turd tonight. sacrifice some live chickens in the clubhouse if necessary. whatever it takes to wake the bats up.
    Post edited by The Fixer on

my god how is talking about a guy choking defensively crap - you cannot make errors in the playoffs guys. let's not say anything about the golden boy though - jeez - excuse me for caring about his shitty playoff defense.

the Hawk will be back sooner than later - and maybe Temple will win an NCAA game by that time but i doubt it. Fran's got a big hole in that record to make up.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    you no help me now, i say fuck you joebu.
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

my god how is talking about a guy choking defensively crap - you cannot make errors in the playoffs guys. let's not say anything about the golden boy though - jeez - excuse me for caring about his shitty playoff defense.

the Hawk will be back sooner than later - and maybe Temple will win an NCAA game by that time but i doubt it. Fran's got a big hole in that record to make up.

crying about utley's playoff defense is like complaining about halladay's last start. it's not a problem. there are 2,000 other things you could be complaining about that are more prevalant in the phils playoff losses.

come on dude, stop trying to start shit. not sure what your problem is
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,985
    I like the way the Phillies fans interact with one another. Very insightful.

;)
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

;)

i was gonna say..they argue with each other :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • I like the way the Phillies fans interact with one another. Very insightful.

;)

There are occasional spirited debates on here, unlike some other teams' threads (cough - Yankees) which are just a big popsicle-sucking festival. :shock: At this point, however, just one guy is trying to start shit.

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    screw days of our lives i can get my daily soap opera right here

:P
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:

what time are the mets playing?...oh right their season ended in july :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

;)

There are occasional spirited debates on here, unlike some other teams' threads (cough - Yankees) which are just a big popsicle-sucking festival. :shock: At this point, however, just one guy is trying to start shit.

usually fans of the same team dont argue constantly
  • usually fans of the same team dont argue constantly

What can I say. We don't handle prosperity well. If the Phillies sucked, we would all agree on why. Instead we have to argue on who will be responsible for them blowing it in the end.

metsfan wrote:

and your season will end today against the lowly texas rangers :lol::lol:. thats kinda pathetic for a world series favorite.

metsfan wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

and your season will end today against the lowly texas rangers :lol::lol:. thats kinda pathetic for a world series favorite.

wow you're clueless bro

yea the ALCS is pathetic?? wake up junior
    when the mets win 80 games come talk shit :lol:

ok enough arguing with a kid

wow you're clueless bro

no i said loosing to a team like the texas rangers is pathetic

so jason what you gonna do with all those unused yankees world series tickets that you were gonna sell(flip)

metsfan wrote:

wow you're clueless bro

no i said loosing to a team like the texas rangers is pathetic

so jason what you gonna do with all those unused yankees world series tickets that you were gonna sell(flip)

made my cash with the 1st 5 games good man..all is well

if we lose we flip whoever is in the series ...its all gravy

;)
    yes but it is fn awesome to be arguing about what is happening on the field in October. you know what i get to do when i get home from work today? sit and watch my team in the playoffs, drink beer and hopefully not yell and curse at them too much. can't beat that right there - that is one thing all of us Phillies fans will agree on.

hahahaha

you never cease to amaze me jason

metsfan wrote:

hahahaha

cant pass on easy money now can we
    metsfan wrote:

hahahaha

cant pass on easy money now can we
    :roll:

• Great, now our thread got hijacked by NYers too. :roll:

Any word on the lineup? Gotta get Ibanez outta there today. He has been absolutely brutal.

Great, now our thread got hijacked by NYers too. :roll:

Any word on the lineup? Gotta get Ibanez outta there today. He has been absolutely brutal.

sorry im done go giants :mrgreen:
    AWESOME!!

The Phils counter with Joe Blanton, who is 2-0 with a 3.89 career ERA in eight postseason appearances. However, in his five career starts with Wally Bell calling balls and strikes, he’s 1-4 with a 5.70 ERA and a K/BB ratio less than two. Bell will be behind the plate tonight.

Hopefully the manager realizes this and makes the right choice...should be a no brainer

And the Phillies have a decision to make with left fielder Raul Ibanez, who is slumping. He is 0-11 in this series and 0 for his last 15 overall. He hit .268 against lefties in the regular season and struck out in 23 percent of those plate appearances (.277, 14.4 percent against righties). His replacement would likely be Ben Francisco, who hit .284 with all six of his home runs against lefties, and .253 against righties.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    Philly Fans:

this Giants fan is just happy to be here. I thought your boys might smoke our guys, but so far that hasn't happened. Your team has problems; so does mine. Namely, hitting. We haven't hit much all year; not sure what's going on with your bats. I do know that dumb a$$ cashman would kill for either one of our pitching staffs. rivera is probably the only place the yankees have any kind of advantage.

anyway, not here to talk shit. my giants have had some down years and it's just nice to see them giving the NL favorite Phils a battle.....seeing the dodgers in fourth place was nice too :mrgreen:

Rob
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14