***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    We always went to the lacrosse final 4 and had a blast in Baltimore. Inner harbor is fun and fells point was a blast. I was pretty young but the powerplant was fun too.
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Yeah, that is pretty much what i read. This fight really has to happen. Would definitely be the biggest fight since the Holyfield-tyson fights. Becoming such a disappointment.

Pretty cool stuff with him getting sworn into congress recently. Seems like a good guy, for some reason I didn't like him for a while. Probably all the movies and music I read he was making. Either way, these two have to fight. They will make so much money.

Totally agree. Though I think Mayweather is having second thoughts. I just think he never thought Manny would agree to his terms about testing and if he changes the conditions it looks like he's stalling the fight from happening. It's like what Bert Sugar said Mayweather's entire legacy is his undefeated streak and if he loses it his place in history is gone.

That said I think the fight will happen but probably not till sometime next spring.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited July 2010
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    We always went to the lacrosse final 4 and had a blast in Baltimore. Inner harbor is fun and fells point was a blast. I was pretty young but the powerplant was fun too.

the power plant was just being started when I graduated. I think there were 4 or 5 bars there. It's much better now. Fells point is ok...lots of bars, but that's where the baltimer riff raff hangs. That scene gets old real quick.

Baltimore is just too tiny of a city. The people that live there think it's the best city in the world though. very annoying.

DC is 10 billion times better...love that city
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955
    You guys talkin bout good ollllle Charm City?
    I am sure with all that about baltimore. Powerplant was a good time, not sure what it's like now, I was probably there in 2003 or 04 last.

Dc is fun, been there a lot. A lot of jerkoffs that think they are the next president though, that's my only problem. Fun city though.
    You're definitely right solat, Floyd goes down as one of the beat fighters ever if he does not lose and he knows there is a chance he will lose. That said, I don't think people will forget he didn't fight manny of he quits undefeated. I think you are right about timing. Mayweather does not want to fight without Roger.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I am sure with all that about baltimore. Powerplant was a good time, not sure what it's like now, I was probably there in 2003 or 04 last.

Dc is fun, been there a lot. A lot of jerkoffs that think they are the next president though, that's my only problem. Fun city though.

that's funny about the next president.

I love road trips...

favorite cities to visit (guys trips...no wife)

1 - NYC
    2 - chicago
    3 - vegas
    4 - DC
    5 - ft lauderdale

least favorite

1 - cleveland (was just there for PJ show...not a real city. I don't blame lebron for leaving)
    2 - pittsburgh (pain in the balls to get anywhere via car out there)
    3- green bay (lambeau field is incredible, but it's like going back in time...I don't think they have CDs out there yet)
    4 - baltimore

cody ransom...get some
    I am very biased to NYC so I will leave that out but you are pretty on point. Chicago is awesome, Vegas is Vegas. I really enjoy Phoenix as well.

Funny you say that about lambeau, buffalo is the same way, I have spent wayyyy too much time in that city. I was actually trying to get a trip together for Pittsburgh, should I reconsider?
    Speaking of ransom, I will have to post some stuff I saw last year from when he was on the yanks. Dude has a crazy vertical and there is a pretty sad story about his college baseball team getting into an accident. He is a real good guy.
    edited July 2010
    Outside of the 2-1-5, favorite cities

1-Chicago
    2-Vegas
    3-New Orleans
    4-San Diego
    5-Tie between DC, New York

And Cleveland and Shittsburgh(see what I did there?) are the arm pits of America.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I am very biased to NYC so I will leave that out but you are pretty on point. Chicago is awesome, Vegas is Vegas. I really enjoy Phoenix as well.

Funny you say that about lambeau, buffalo is the same way, I have spent wayyyy too much time in that city. I was actually trying to get a trip together for Pittsburgh, should I reconsider?

never spent any time in the city of phoenix...been in that airport a bunch of times. never been to buffalo either.

pittsburgh is a lot like baltimore. especially the fact that everyone that's from there thinks it's the best city on the planet. I think pitt blows, but the baseball stadium is really nice. better than the one in philly. I've been to 10-12 MLB stadiums...camden yards is still my favorite

1-Chicago
    2-Vegas
    3-New Orleans
    4-San Diego

And Cleveland and Shittsburgh(see what I did there?) are the arm pits of America.

ah forgot SD...the gaslamp district is great. NO is a complete and utter disaster...I deducted points for the smell. fun though
    I have to get to new Orleans, Jp. It's my girlfriends favorite city. Was planning on going later this year but looks like I am heading to Barcelona instead, can't fucking wait.
    The Fixer wrote:

1-Chicago
    2-Vegas
    3-New Orleans
    4-San Diego

ah forgot SD...the gaslamp district is great. NO is a complete and utter disaster...I deducted points for the smell. fun though

Loooove New Orleans - warts and all. Of course I'm not hanging out in the 9th ward or anything. Then again, can be said for any city - especially DC, NYC, and Philly.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I have to get to new Orleans, Jp. It's my girlfriends favorite city. Was planning on going later this year but looks like I am heading to Barcelona instead, can't fucking wait.

Absolutely awesome. Just don't go down the wrong street. People are super nice, can drink anywhere at anytime, and the food is awesome. I judge places by the places to drink and the people I talk to in said establishment. And they are the tops.
    Yeah man, that is my kind of food, probably won't be until the spring but it's definitely first on my list after this Barcelona trip.
    great AB by howard there. I thought for sure he was gonna chase one of those sliders. I think he does a poor job of recognizing situations like that. STL had 1B open so he's gotta know he's not getting shit to hit there.

now this bearded vagina needs to come through for once
    The Fixer wrote:
    great AB by howard there. I thought for sure he was gonna chase one of those sliders. I think he does a poor job of recognizing situations like that. STL had 1B open so he's gotta know he's not getting shit to hit there.

Walking dead man.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Yeah man, that is my kind of food, probably won't be until the spring but it's definitely first on my list after this Barcelona trip.

I've never been to europe. I'm sure you will have a blast over there. do you speak spanish? I'd be intimidated going over there without knowing the language. I had 3 years of spanish in high school, but that isn't helping me.

I'd love to go to london and dublin. and my dream trip is australia
    The Fixer wrote:

Walking dead man.

cool matchup of the 2 dudes with the worst facial hair in MLB
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Walking dead man.

cool matchup of the 2 dudes with the worst facial hair in MLB

Nice job, Jays! I'll be outside warming the engine waiting to take you to the airport. I will pay for the airfare.

On an unrelated related note - I've been jonesing to go to Amsterdam for too long now.
    God damn, I love how exceptionally well this team plays.
    Nice job, Jays! I'll be outside warming the engine waiting to take you to the airport. I will pay for the airfare.

On an unrelated related note - I've been jonesing to go to Amsterdam for too long now.

did the pitch he swung at bounce?

christ ransom, catch the fucking ball. this team is a god damn mess
    this is like the 6th consecutive start that this stupid hick has left blanton in too long

terrible
    I have actually been to Europe twice including Barcelona and love it. Don't speak Spanish but got by. Played soccer in Italy and Germany for about a month once and went to Spain for the hell of it. Great country.

Australia is awesome. I actually lived in new Zealand for 2 years when i was a kid and my family did a lot of travelling so I saw Australia quite a bit, would love to go back to both places although new Zealand is definitely first on my list.
    Yeah, I would love to get to amsterdam soon. Don't think I would come back though
    I'm not one to get all over Manuel, but how do you not pinch hit for Blanton with the bases loaded yet instead wait till his one bad inning and lose the lead - and the game - to second guess yourself? Seriously. Blanton's better than his numbers suggest this year, but to keep him in just because he threw 87 pitches makes no sense to me. You need runs where ever you can get him yet you leave him in. I mean, wouldn't it do more for his confidence coming out after 6 knowing he gave up only one than to leave him in and maybe have "that one inning" like he has had? Doesn't make any sense.
    I'm not one to get all over Manuel, but how do you not pinch hit for Blanton with the bases loaded yet instead wait till his one bad inning and lose the lead - and the game - to second guess yourself? Seriously. Blanton's better than his numbers suggest this year, but to keep him in just because he threw 87 pitches makes no sense to me. You need runs where ever you can get him yet you leave him in. I mean, wouldn't it do more for his confidence coming out after 6 knowing he gave up only one than to leave him in and maybe have "that one inning" like he has had? Doesn't make any sense.

I hear ya. valdez was the only RH he had on the bench. I probably would have hit for him there too.

this team just can't score runs. they really miss utley. he wasn't hitting, but he was still ALWAYS on base. and he at least makes pitchers work. the pitchers they've been facing aren't even breaking a sweat
    The Fixer wrote:

I hear ya. valdez was the only RH he had on the bench. I probably would have hit for him there too.

this team just can't score runs. they really miss utley. he wasn't hitting, but he was still ALWAYS on base. and he at least makes pitchers work. the pitchers they've been facing aren't even breaking a sweat

Over and over they're swinging at first pitches - Rollins, Werth, and Vic specifically - and I just don't fucking get it.
    It really is crazy to know how well Werth played in April and May to be where he is now. He still is leading the league in doubles. Crazy.
This discussion has been closed.